Halifax, St.John and Quebec pulled all out of the PBL due to game fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax, St.John and Quebec pulled all out of the PBL due to game fixing

Mengupas Segala Macam Dan Jenis Destinasi Wisata Terbaru, Wisata Alam, Wisata Terdekat di Sekitar Kita

"The decision to withdraw from the league was made upon the Rochester RazorSharks being crowned as PBL champions over the Lawton Fort-Sill Cavalry. The Rochester RazorSharks are owned by Dr. Severko Hrywnak, who is also the owner of the PBL."

"Rochester refs again followed them on the road. Referees don't travel with teams ... so it's wrong. But to get a thrashing like they did in Quebec where it was some 75 to 20 in foul calls — that's never been done in the history of basketball. That's appalling."

"Fouls committed: Rochester 69, opponents 149.
    Free throws attempted: Rochester 203, opponents 72.
    Free throws made: Rochester 157, opponents 46."

Seems like they are going to create a new league in Canada I guess. The PBL otherwise is done with all teams gone except Rochester.

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Wow! This is pretty crazy. Thanks so much for posting this, Mojado.

After reading those articles, it seems like this guy, Severko Hrywnak, is the main financier of the Premier Basketball League. He is also the owner of the Rochester RazorSharks.

The two Canadian teams are saying they've got some pretty damning evidence that they will release in May, so I look forward to that.
    Originally posted by Mojado View Post
    Seems like they are going to create a new league in Canada I guess. The PBL otherwise is done with all teams gone except Rochester.
    It's hard to believe that Canada can't get a viable basketball league. They've got a couple of collegiate leagues I guess, but their minor league (compared to NBA) teams always fall apart.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

"Rochester refs again followed them on the road. Referees don't travel with teams ... so it's wrong. But to get a thrashing like they did in Quebec where it was some 75 to 20 in foul calls — that's never been done in the history of basketball. That's appalling."
      Boxscore:

As penalty I think Rochester should have to play the Spanish National Team in Spain this summer.
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

more...

This writer also concludes, that the Canadian teams may form a new league: http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Sports/1239195.html

PBL-owner about the discrepancy regarding foul calls:
        “To me, I don’t care if (the foul count) is 500-1 or 100-99,” he said. “No coach is going to be happy (with officiating).”

LOL:
        "The RazorSharks, who already averaged a league-leading 32 free throws per game in the regular season, saw that average bumped up to 49.8 in the playoffs. On their way to the PBL title, they went to the line 299 times to the Lawton-Fort Sill Cavalry’s 128 and were called for just 111 fouls to the Cavalry’s 215."

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

I can't picture a viable Canadian-based league...they'd have to come up with several new teams by next year, all in that same part of Canada to keep the travel costs down. But there aren't any other good options, so maybe they'll try.

Interesting that the Halifax owner is so vocal--over on the oursportscentral boards a lot of the Lawton people were complaining tha their semifinal series was rigged in favor of Halifax but they won anyway. That was mainly blamed on Rochester though, since Halifax would have been an easier opponent for the finals.
          Originally posted by Fedfan
          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
          Originally posted by GuTO
          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

LOL:
            "The RazorSharks, who already averaged a league-leading 32 free throws per game in the regular season, saw that average bumped up to 49.8 in the playoffs. On their way to the PBL title, they went to the line 299 times to the Lawton-Fort Sill Cavalry’s 128 and were called for just 111 fouls to the Cavalry’s 215."
            That's pretty absurd. It sounds like it's very consistent that Rochester gets all the calls. If it is not a conspiracy, it's an extreme statistical anomaly!

Originally posted by JGX
            I can't picture a viable Canadian-based league...they'd have to come up with several new teams by next year, all in that same part of Canada to keep the travel costs down. But there aren't any other good options, so maybe they'll try.
            Well, that's true...maybe there just isn't a market for a second pro league in North America. The NCAA is huge and the NBDL would fall apart if it weren't propped up.
            Interesting that the Halifax owner is so vocal--over on the oursportscentral boards a lot of the Lawton people were complaining tha their semifinal series was rigged in favor of Halifax but they won anyway. That was mainly blamed on Rochester though, since Halifax would have been an easier opponent for the finals.
            Interesting!! So, perhaps the league tried to set up a final between Rochester and Halifax instead of Rochester and Lawton? This is getting juicy!!
            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Canadian pro league in the making...

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information