China Decides to Ban Time Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Decides to Ban Time Travel

while China goes gaga over the the Sex and the Zen in 3d, seems they don't like time travelling

China Decides to Ban Time Travel

In China… well, in China, many weird things happen. The Chinese government, in another strange episode, has decided to ban time travel. Well, at least when it comes to television shows and movies.

With the way things are run, the state controls and monitors everything shown on your television or your computer. So yeah, China can randomly go back in time and say Marty McFly never existed. Scary, huh? The Doc would be furious.

Fortunately, that's not what they're saying. But somehow the government has taken a sudden disliking to the idea of distorting certain historical events, things and people. (Cough.)

The idea of time-travel has soared in popularity recently, and maybe the authorities have just gotten sick of it. Common themes revolve around protagonists going back to ancient times. Even worse than just being an annoyance, some people fear a real disrespect for China's history.

The decision was made earlier this month, with the country's State Administration for Radio, Film & Television stating that "The producers and writers are treating the serious history in a frivolous way, which should by no means be encouraged anymore."

What's wrong with these shows? They “casually make up myths, have monstrous and weird plots, use absurd tactics, and even promote feudalism, superstition, fatalism and reincarnation.”

taken from: time.com
    well I see their point but heck don't ruin the creative freedom of those producers, directors and the script writers.
    you know why I am happy

Can New York Times get more shameless? I saw the link they provided and it makes no mention of a ban. The bureau merely discouraged the trend of ludicrous "historical dramas".

Use google translate and read it yourself.

As a matter of fact, currently the #1 show in China is a "time travel" show "Palace" or "Jade Palace Lock Heart" (starring Yang Mi). (The link above is dated March 31.) It's amazing how certain Western media like NYT can get so low as to completely fabricate stories when it comes to China and censorship. Or others, Jayson Blair comes to mind.
    The decision was made earlier this month, with the country's State Administration for Radio, Film & Television stating that "The producers and writers are treating the serious history in a frivolous way, which should by no means be encouraged anymore."
    and somehow this translates to a ban. I should be a NYT reporter.

May I also add, in China, other than Western reporters, nobody reads or gives a shit about what the government agencies post on their websites.
    Last edited by sinobball; 04-13-2011, 05:15 PM.
    aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
      Can New York Times get more shameless? I saw the link they provided and it makes no mention of a ban. The bureau merely discouraged the trend of ludicrous "historical dramas".
      If those historical dramas are anything like the historical telenovelas in Latin America (and the Philippines), I love them! They're much better than the "he said/she said" stuff.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post

Use google translate and read it yourself.

As a matter of fact, currently the #1 show in China is a "time travel" show "Palace" or "Jade Palace Lock Heart" (starring Yang Mi). (The link above is dated March 31.) It's amazing how certain Western media like NYT can get so low as to completely fabricate stories when it comes to China and censorship. Or others, Jayson Blair comes to mind.and somehow this translates to a ban. I should be a NYT reporter.

May I also add, in China, other than Western reporters, nobody reads or gives a shit about what the government agencies post on their websites.
        actually its from Time not New York Times.
        you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
          If those historical dramas are anything like the historical telenovelas in Latin America (and the Philippines), I love them! They're much better than the "he said/she said" stuff.
          por que maria...POR QUE MI MARIA!
          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information