PDA

View Full Version : Music and Politics -- two new separate sections

worldbasketball
04-10-2011, 07:49 AM
I notice that there are a lot of music threads that keep recurring and get continued attention. To make "United Nations" section more open to other subjects, I suggest creating a separate Music section in Interbasket, and moving the threads there. I particularly mean threads like:
-Eurovision
-Covers of songs
-Music in other language
-Ethnic/ Folk songs
-Songs containing basketball tributes
and so on

I also suggest a separate section for Politics and Contemporary News issues. I think a separate section for those will let us discuss much easier subjects like wars, conflicts, natural disasters and breaking news etc ....

What are your feelings on this.

rocketstar47
04-11-2011, 09:20 AM
close this thread this is not about basketball

worldbasketball
04-11-2011, 02:27 PM

This thread is about making suggestions to improve the forum. Called "Problems / Comments / Suggestions", all the threads in this section are designed to address issues of running a message board. Not being "about basketball" is irrelevant.

worldbasketball
04-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I am thinking of a similar setting that we have for "Travel" and for "Other Sports"

Farfiman
04-13-2011, 02:24 PM

If he would close every thread that wasnt about Basketball or threads that got sidetracked to non-Basketball subjects.. whoops.. there goes half the Forum

mvblair
04-13-2011, 02:51 PM
If he would close every thread that wasnt about Basketball or threads that got sidetracked to non-Basketball subjects.. whoops.. there goes half the Forum Yeah, that's probably true! :D

I am thinking of a similar setting that we have for "Travel" and for "Other Sports" I like it. I think it's a good idea. I'm a little worried about leaving the general UN forum empty, though. Let's look into this a little more.

worldbasketball
04-13-2011, 07:13 PM
I am personally not very worried actually. Even if we move all the music and politics threads into a music subsection and politics subsection, there will still be plenty in UN only with better focus plus, hopefully, because of higher visibility and prominence of non-music and noin-politics subjects, a higher response rate.

What I suggest though, is to scrap "For Sale/Trade/Request Forum" section and move it to UN General. The response rate there is dismal actually and many despite warnings have been using it as spam and offering commercial services. Just erase that unuseful section and let them use the general forum instead.

So we win two "active" sections and we lose an "inactive" and counter-productive section....

worldbasketball
04-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks for creating the Music and Movies section. With time the United Nations sections will be active with more subjects.

J.Wilson
04-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Creation of such a section - it's a good idea:)