Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the Lebanese: How many are actually in Lebanon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Lebanese: How many are actually in Lebanon?

Another question that I was curious about, with the amount of new Lebanese members here at IBN, it seems many of you aren't actually in Lebanon. So I was wondering; though you may have been born in Lebanon, where do you live right now?

Stuart
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

I heard the overseas Lebanese population is 3X greater than population in Lebanon.
    aim low, score high

Comment

thats true sinoball

personally i live in lebanon and never was outside it

Comment

Some stuff about the Lebanese diaspora, very interesting:

"Apart from the three and a half million citizens of Lebanon proper, there is a sizeable Lebanese diaspora. No accurate numbers are available, so estimates on the total size of the diaspora vary wildly, from conservative estimates of 4-5 million to a maximum, and probably inflated, figure of 15 million. Most Lebanese emigrants and their descendants are Christian. Lebanese Christian families are economically and politically prominent in several Latin American countries, and make up a substantial portion of the Arab American community in the United States. The largest Lebanese diaspora is located in Brazil, where about 7 million people have Lebanese descent (see Arab Brazilian).

The large size of Lebanon's diaspora may be partly explained by the historical and cultural tradition of sea-faring and travelling, which stretches back to Lebanon's ancient Phoenician origins and its role as a "gateway" of relations between Europe and the Middle East. It has been commonplace for Lebanese citizens to emigrate in search of economic prosperity. Furthermore, on several occasions in the last two centuries the Lebanese population has endured periods of ethnic cleansing and displacement (for example, 1840-60 and 1975-90). These factors have contributed to the geographical mobility of the Lebanese people."

Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

As for me, I was born in France and lived 10 years there; then I moved to Lebanon where I lived 8 years...
          I'm in France now because I've been evacuated by boat when the war began in july, but I'm going to return soon.
          In fact my life is divided between France and Lebanon since I have family in both countries..I believe it's the case of a very large number of Lebanese citizens
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGm8yh7amQI

Comment

i was borun in lebanon and lived their for more than 13 years ...
            then i moved the usa coz my dad bussines is here but always go to lebanon in a vactions

Comment

i left lebanon 3 years ago
              now i am in canada i am studying here

Comment

Still here in Lebanon
                PROUD TO BE LEBANESE

Comment

I was born in Lebanon and lived there for 17 years, i came to france to study 3 years ago, but i will surely return to my home country.
                  Join Charazay BasketBall Manager the best online basketball game ever !!!

Comment

I was born in lebanon.And im living in Lebanon now and forever.
                    !!! (*) BALLER 4 LIFE (*) !!!
                    !!! (*) IMPOSSILBLE IS NOTHING (*) !!!

Comment

Question: why is Lebanon abbreviated "LIB" now and not "LEB" like before?
                      aim low, score high

Comment

i really dunno i was surprised

in french its liban so maybe

Comment

Nice Thread.
                          Theres no accurate statistics about it,but some estimation say that theres 18million lebanese in all the world,some are with lebanese passport and some needs to be re-given the nationality as some are asking in lebanon.
                          The most presence for the lebanese is in Brazil where theres around 10 million,in canada and Australia the second largest lebanese popularity where most of our rugby players are born and play in the Rugby Australian league
                          If you take a look on the australian football squad,you can find many from lebanese origine like Ahmad El rich and his brother,and another one from lebanese family (Sarkis)

Shakira,is a good exemple,shes from Zahle-Lebanon and she was born in Venuzuela !
                          Salma Hayek,Massari and kurl Wolf are also from lebanon but moslty grew up in USA.

If i tell how man bball players we have outside u will not believe !
                          Last edited by daniab; 06-24-2008, 06:12 AM.
                          Proud to be Lebanese
                          www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball
                            Question: why is Lebanon abbreviated "LIB" now and not "LEB" like before?
                            Liban = LIB
                            Leb = Lebanon
                            Proud to be Lebanese
                            www.arabasket.com

Comment

We've got a lot of Lebanese ex-patriots in Dayton. The community is so big that they're building a huge new church in the suburbs. One of our city's biggest festivals is the "Lebanese Festival" downtown at Riverscape Park. It's a really nice festival too. It's fun to watch the dancers and music. Plus, some of those Lebanese grandfathers make some delicious food!

Of course, I doubt any of them are using this site.
                              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information