04-03-2011, 05:32 AM
2009: Hamed Haddadi 15.8PPG 13.1RPG 2.2APG 4.0BPG
2007: Hamed Haddadi 13.4PPG 9.6RPG 1.4BPG
2005: Yao Ming 20.3PPG 11.0RPG
2003: Yao Ming 22.6PPG 13.1RPG 2.0APG 2.8BPG
2001: Yao Ming 13.4PPG 10.1RPG

leb-basket
04-04-2011, 08:43 AM
what happened to other lebanese players such as rony fahed and fadi el khatib ?? i think fadi deserves to be part of this poll

rocketstar47
04-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Marcus Douthit

bone24_corleone
04-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Marnel Baracael.

raichu08
04-04-2011, 02:11 PM
I'd go for Marcus Douthit as well.

Fadi El-Khatib
05-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Wait wait wait
ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?!!!
Where is Fadi El-Khatib ?!
Do u think ANY of these players can reach El-Khatib's level ?!
Hahaha
That's so funny !

rocketstar47
06-03-2011, 02:50 AM
Bonel Balingit :D

weward
06-03-2011, 04:03 AM
Bonel Balingit :D

I think Homer Se is the dark horse.:D

makotosing
06-04-2011, 09:10 AM
si dodot!

Kings
09-03-2011, 04:58 AM
Wait wait wait
ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?!!!
Where is Fadi El-Khatib ?!
Do u think ANY of these players can reach El-Khatib's level ?!
Hahaha
That's so funny !

4 Jean Abed El Nour 197-F-83 Al Riyadi
5 Miguel Martinez 188-G-88 Champville
6 Ghaleb Rida 190-G-81 Hekmeh
7 Sam Hoskin 206-C-79 Shahrdari Gorgan
8 Aboudi Farekh 201-F-93 Blue Stars
9 Elie Estephane 195-G-86 Sagesse
10 Jad Bitar 203-C-88 Al Mouttahed Tripoli
11 Rodrigue Akl 190-G-88 Al Riyadi
12 Ali Kanaan 206-F-85 Al Riyadi
13 Bassel Bawji 204-C-89 Moutahed
14 Charles Tabet 205-F-87 Anibal Zahle
15 Mohamad Ibrahim 192-G-83 Al Riyadi

AlYuson
09-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Unfortunately, the most intense and passionate IBN forumers - the Filipinos don't usually treat polls with seriousness..sorry for spoiling this thread :o

babdelkader
09-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Do you think lebanese ppl here gonna vote for zeid abbas or jian lian ?
hahaha we have minimum 3 players way better than the ones you listed in the (no need for that) poll.

behzadir
09-03-2011, 10:14 AM
No need for that

Man calm down.There are these type of guys rooting for every single team here. We got lots of Lebanese and Pinoy kind of members being reasonable and realistic beside these guys. This makes the forum moderate and cool at times. These guys are a spark to some discussions! Good to have them here around to make the excitement increase. Sports are known with their moral competition too.

However,arrogant and cocky members who put other things besides sports are another topic to speak about somewhere else. Most have problems with the histories of the country.;)

BTW if the players are to have their current level Hamed Haddadi will be the MVP head and shoulders above others. :rolleyes:

macan77
09-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Man calm down.There are these type of guys rooting for every single team here. We got lots of Lebanese and Pinoy kind of members being reasonable and realistic beside these guys. This makes the forum moderate and cool at times. These guys are a spark to some discussions! Good to have them here around to make the excitement increase. Sports are known with their moral competition too.

However,arrogant and cocky members who put other things besides sports are another topic to speak about somewhere else. Most have problems with the histories of the country.;)

BTW if the players are to have their current level Hamed Haddadi will be the MVP head and shoulders above others. :rolleyes:

i wanted to vote Hamed coz i know he is better but i go with Yi just because he is in his territory..but it doesn't mean Yi is better than Hamed..

behzadir
09-03-2011, 10:54 AM
i wanted to vote Hamed coz i know he is better but i go with Yi just because he is in his territory..but it doesn't mean Yi is better than Hamed..

Actually the MVP prize is given out based on who the champions are at the end of the tournament. So if it's Iran Hamed Haddadi and now i see Arsalan Kazemi having a big chance to win it,but if the Chinese can win the trophy it can't be anyone but YI.

macan77
09-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Actually the MVP prize is given out based on whothe champions are at the end of the tournament. So if it's Iran Hamed Haddadi and now i see Arsalan Kazemi having a big chance to win it,but if the Chinese can win the trophy it can't be anyone but YI.

that's what i am also thinking..though you've done it before, beating them in their own turf, now is different ballgame coz they have not taken anything for granted..its good Kazemi is coming and that would be a big boost..again, homecourt advantage will play a factor now..what's going against the chinese are the injuries on their players..that could play a major part in this tournament especially in the finals..

lebanese phoenix
09-03-2011, 11:08 AM

Yi cannot be compared with Hamed as the former is a PF whilst the latter is a pure center, you can compare Hamed with Wang ZhiZhi, but i think that at the present time it's clear that Hamed has the upper hand as Zhizhi is getting older and slower and hamed being at his peak.
As for comparing value wise Yi and Hamed, Yi is clearly a better scorer, little faster and much more valuable to this team than Hamed whilst Hamed is a better defender,but overall Yi is a much more valuable player, his numbers in the NBA speak about him, in this tournement i think that Yi is the strongest player hands down,he's at another level, but can he carry his chinese team to Gold? i dont think so, but i guess that time will prove me right or wrong

babdelkader
09-03-2011, 12:55 PM
man calm down,no need to speak this kind of language, just calm down and vote other exactly as most posters are doing, King is just trying to make this forum more lively with his threads, no need to bash the guy:p

u're right man,
my vote: Fadi El Khatib :D

behzadir
09-03-2011, 02:03 PM
I think YI has became an unselfish player over the years in contrast to his first years into his career. But playing against Hamed is another thing. Numbers can say whatever they like,unless we don't look at the minutes played for each player. Hamed is stuck behind one of the top 8 C's in the NBA in Marc Gasol.We have seen a head to head comparison between these 2 back in 2009. YI was schooled in front of his home crowd by Hamed. He has something to take revenge of,that's why it will definitely be a great matchup to see.

Good to see others knowing who the real deals are:D No MJ this time?!

daniab
09-03-2011, 03:35 PM
I'd never take this MVP thing seriously bcz unfortunately it has never been fair in Asia, and ill give u a small exemple which is Fiba Asia 2007. Back then, Fadi El khatib had a monster tournament by all means, he averaged around 30ppg with just a brilliant performance and yet he wasn't nominated as the MVP just bcz Haddadi had a great game in the finals, knowing that the latter he had an average tournament overall!
No offense to Haddadi or anyone, he's definitely the best center in Asia and he deserve it in the last edition, but honestly there's no definition whatsoever that the champion should be also awarded by giving its best player the MVP!

oh and abt Kazemi, you guys are overhyping him, he's best youngster so far in Asia (Ibrahim comes next) but he's far from being a MVP candidate, as he is not a complete player, despite he's the most player in the Iranian squad i enjoy watching him!

lebanese phoenix
09-03-2011, 09:26 PM
I'd never take this MVP thing seriously bcz unfortunately it has never been fair in Asia, and ill give u a small exemple which is Fiba Asia 2007. Back then, Fadi El khatib had a monster tournament by all means, he averaged around 30ppg with just a brilliant performance and yet he wasn't nominated as the MVP just bcz Haddadi had a great game in the finals, knowing that the latter he had an average tournament overall!
No offense to Haddadi or anyone, he's definitely the best center in Asia and he deserve it in the last edition, but honestly there's no definition whatsoever that the champion should be also awarded by giving its best player the MVP!

oh and abt Kazemi, you guys are overhyping him, he's best youngster so far in Asia (Ibrahim comes next) but he's far from being a MVP candidate, as he is not a complete player, despite he's the most player in the Iranian squad i enjoy watching him!

Dany you know that MVP is not actually what it means, it only means the best player on the championship team, so yes most of the time it's not relevant, i dont give it any importance anyways so i take this poll as a chance to compare player potential.
anyways for Behzadir, as stated earlier Hamed is a C while Yi is a PF,so it's difficult to compare, but wouldnt take the 2009 match as a decisif match that we can use to compare both players, as the chinese team was exhausted after a grueling match against lebanon 20 hours before the match,and Yi just like the other chinese players was not in his day due to fatigue.
But from where i stand, i can for sure say that Hamed is a better defender,but Yi stands as a better scorer and a fast one.
I think Hamed can be a great center if he switches teams:p but it seems that insists on the Grizzlies, and as long as he will stay there, his skills wont devellop the way they should and will stay an average center by NBA standards, he's proven that he can be effective in the few minutes that he played this season, but untill he's given a good role on court and prooves himself offensively on court, i'm gona have to say that Yi has the upper hand on the offensive end.