PDA

View Full Version : Croatian NT 2011

pohani komarac
02-26-2011, 05:26 PM
it's over. our basketball federation aproved draper request for pasport and will play for our NT. disgrace for us. i'm boycoting our NT

Test
02-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Everyone knows that Croatian NT is among those who rely only on national players. I agree with you this is disgrace.

Pistol Pete
02-26-2011, 07:50 PM
This is a sad day for all the Croatian and European basketball fans. Croatia was one of the few countries still standing proud but now it has fallen, bad news indeed.

sagenas
02-26-2011, 08:07 PM
it's over. our basketball federation aproved draper request for pasport and will play for our NT. disgrace for us. i'm boycoting our NT

But why? You have enough good players.

pohani komarac
02-27-2011, 03:44 AM
But why? You have enough good players.

because our federation is runned by currupted idiots. it's pretty clear cedevita paid for it. you have lots of posts about bn croatian section. it went far that because of critics on him and our basketball we had create independet forum. whats best morons drag have we had best youth teames in europe with some fake list they created and now they are naturalizing american

Test
02-27-2011, 01:00 PM
It is not clear to me how Cedevita benefits out of this situation? Please be so kind and explain. What are population reaction on this in Croatian media? Can anyone post a profile link of that player

sagenas
02-27-2011, 02:04 PM
It is not clear to me how Cedevita benefits out of this situation? Please be so kind and explain. What are population reaction on this in Croatian media? Can anyone post a profile link of that player

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ulebcup/home/on-court/players/showplayer?pcode=002946

Saw him few times this year. He's very fast and strong invidually.

Gytaz
02-27-2011, 03:08 PM
So the trend continues... It's sad that even proud basketball nations like Croatia start naturalizing American players...

Billy Bounce
02-27-2011, 03:46 PM
From pure basketball point of view (national pride aside), this guy could be a perfect back-up to Ukic. Much better then 'no defense' Popovic or 'eternal choker' Planinic.

National feeling is a different story, but if your soccer team has Brazilian Eduardo, why not American Draper in basketball NT ?

Mindozas
02-27-2011, 04:19 PM
From pure basketball point of view (national pride aside), this guy could be a perfect back-up to Ukic. Much better then 'no defense' Popovic or 'eternal choker' Planinic.

National feeling is a different story, but if your soccer team has Brazilian Eduardo, why not American Draper in basketball NT ?

IMO its not good to follow bad example ;)

Buzissa
02-27-2011, 04:27 PM
It is not clear to me how Cedevita benefits out of this situation? Please be so kind and explain.

I don't know how many not-European players the Croatian League allows, but this situation benefits the player and Cedevita (if there is a limit of foreign players on the league). Draper has more possibilities to play on a better team/league. On ACB, for example, teams must have at least 5 "cupos" (eligible for Spanish NT) and no more than 2 not-Europeans. He would count as European, the same situation as Calloway, Green and others I don't remember right now:D. Besides ACB, McCalebb is another example.

pohani komarac
02-27-2011, 06:29 PM

In Croatian league there can be 4 foregins in team, two on court at same time. That unebels them normal rotation and this year judging by current situation Croatian champinship will decide who will go Euroleage betwen them and KK Zagreb. And they are very close to reach 2 year extension with him

Media and public reactions is hard to find. Most media gives it as fairytale and those media are influanced by menagers and curapcy. Best sport media and most read sportnet are only who give that as negative

public itrest for basketball has droped alot so nobady not many people care about it. two years ago on sportnet in A. Anderson case 60% woted for no, now on our idependet forum 72% woted NO, but that fore isn't relevant as it's only basketball fans opinion

you can find his stats on adriatic league and eurocup sites

pohani komarac
02-27-2011, 06:56 PM

No doubt about it that he is good player and could help us. Popovic and Planinic are no worse then him, they play for better teams after all. Anway evrey player has his strenghts and weknese and by that you built team play. Popovic can play without no problem in line up with Tomas and Bogdanovic who ever. He can also play with Ukic or Planinic in 2pg rotation. And under Spahija Croatia funcioned great in 2005. eurobasket at PG. For some reason Repesa and Joke used him only as SG wich isn't his position especially since he has most playmaking skills....And even if it's time for some for sample once quite taleted Morovic (Duda Ivkovic oce said he will be among top PG in europe) finally plays without injurys and leads Siroki great this season (they beat Partizan an Olimpija chis season and their team costs 350000euros)....not to metnion that our federation drags with fake list how we were best in europe last year in youth caregoris and then they don't have balls to lead Katic or Prostran (ok injured full season, but anway) or even Vragovic who at least is good defensive player to be for sample 3rd backup for Popovic and Ukic

I'm not for Eduardo either, as sense of national team is lost with it, but atlest Eduardo came here as 14-15 year old kid, lied here over 5 years and learned language (2 things for gettin passport in normal situation), merried Croatian and kina asimilated with people. With this national team lose all sense

Billy Bounce
03-02-2011, 11:27 AM
No doubt about it that he is good player and could help us. Popovic and Planinic are no worse then him, they play for better teams after all. Anway evrey player has his strenghts and weknese and by that you built team play. Popovic can play without no problem in line up with Tomas and Bogdanovic who ever. He can also play with Ukic or Planinic in 2pg rotation.

I wasn't followed Draper too much with the exception of Cedevita games vs. Galil , but I've seen enough games of Popovic & Planinic .

Popovic is very flashy and a great scorer, but generally speaking his lousy defense makes him more a burden then advantage for the teams he plays in. He was injured for a couple of weeks, so replacing him even with pretty average guard like Lyday did wonders to UNICS. Suddenly their opponents scored ~ 60 points a game, but with Popovic return UNICS started to concede 80 points and lose . :rolleyes:

Planinic was amazing during old Baskonia days, but after he's gone for the big Russian money , he totally lost his touch. I think he made a big mistake choosing the big money over his development as a player.

I dunno, I'm not the one making decisions for Croatian federation, but if it was up to me : why not to try ? Croatian NT was 6-7th for a long time with Planinic & Popovic, why not to try Draper to check how the things are going. Maybe it will finally fill the puzzle needed to make it next step - top3.

pohani komarac
03-11-2011, 07:25 AM
I dunno, I'm not the one making decisions for Croatian federation, but if it was up to me : why not to try ? Croatian NT was 6-7th for a long time with Planinic & Popovic, why not to try Draper to check how the things are going. Maybe it will finally fill the puzzle needed to make it next step - top3.

This should be CROATIAN NATIONAL TEAM, not UNITED NATIONS TEAM

and why not try with prostran or katic, to bring them up....oh yeah like all "experts" in croatia they are to shoort for basketball, but dreper is giant...it's not like he will bring us extra quality that will lead us to medals

if anyone care can give here suporrt to croatians in fight against naturalized players

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_159688870753145

soon we from NKF forum will start online petition against naturalized players in our NT and I have to say we have support from lot known names:)

pohani komarac
03-17-2011, 11:43 AM
If anyone thinks the same, cares and wannts to help us sing petition against naturalized player in Croatian NT. Thanx!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kultrepke/

Tesla
03-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Wow I would be very disappointed if I was a Croat. Really what would be the point in having national teams if everyone went this way.

Tesla
03-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Croatia should be pushing Bogdanovic. Every time I've seen him play he's ripped it up.

rikhardur
06-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Young Croats Intend To Up The Ante

It barely seems credible but it's true.

16 years had passed without Croatia showing its face at the FIBA World Championship before they returned to the fold last summer.

The strongest side to immediately emerge from within the mighty furnace of Yugoslavia, the country fell improbably off the basketball map.

The nation of Kukoc, Petrovic and Radja, which took a glorious Olympic silver in 1992, was to become Europe's sleeping giant.

Qualifying for the Beijing Games, the Croatians emerged from dormancy to finish sixth, matching that mark at Eurobasket 2009 in Poland.

Still, states Ante Tomic, the hex is yet to be broken. "After 15, 16, 17 years, I think you can call it that," he underlines.

Headed to Lithuania in August, a young side intends to change history. However, insists the Real Madrid centre, there are no ghosts to lay to rest.

"We know who we've had in the past, those great players," Tomic declares.

"But we also know that we haven't won any medals in anything for the past 15 years or so. That's where the pressure comes from.

"Everybody is expecting something from us. Every year, we come away empty-handed. So we just want to break this curse."

Last year, head coach Josip Vrankovic cleaned house. Out with the old, in with the new.

Turkey was a tough baptism at the top level for the youthful Croats, who finished a lowly 14th at the World Championship. It was a leap of faith, a gamble in promise.

"I played terribly," Tomic states. It will take time, he says, for a return on that investment.

"But it's a very good thing having lots of players of the same age. We know each other well. We've grown up together. That's exciting."

There may be more to come through. The recent Nike Junior International Tournament in Barcelona was won by KK Zagreb with a dazzling young team, filled with potential.

The average age of their country's senior line-up in Lithuania will likely be under 26, with point guard Zoran Planinic considered a veteran at the age of 28.

Vrankovic has still asked Tomic, aged 24, to be a leader. "There is a bit of pressure on me," he concedes.

Having been a major factor in Real Madrid's march to the Euroleague Final Four, the expectations will have increased yet again.

Likewise, he feels, on his country. The rejuvenation of last summer was always going to be awkward - Croatia's inexperience held them in check.

One year on, with greater insight, they should have more to offer, Tomic predicts.

"Last year, when we got together, we had problems integrating everyone," he reflects.

"I think we learnt a lot from last year. The chemistry was great. But maybe we didn't have enough patience on the court and enough confidence in each other."

He trusts they can come good in a first round group in Alytus in which Greece will be favoured but which also includes Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and FYR of Macedonia.

"It's all the neighbours," Tomic laughs. "It's going to be interesting."

A mix of players, spread across Europe, will rely on Vrankovic for guidance and help.

Most of all, they need their most potent weapons to stand tall. The Utah Jazz saw enough in Tomic to expend a second round NBA Draft choice on the Croat in 2008 in the hope that, once his time in Spain is over, he might cross the Atlantic.

It is a dream he still holds. Just not yet. It can wait, although to say never would limit his ambitions.

"You always need to push further and push hard," Tomic underlines. "Everybody needs to do that to get better."

That's the kind of attitude required to raise the bar, one which might yet bring Croatia back from the fringes and into the mix.
http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_Urw6xiOaI9g2wZyLVQfdm3.articleMode_on.html

wardjdim
06-18-2011, 01:32 AM
The problem with Croatia lies mainly on their mentality

Every year since 2005 things look promising and every year there is a setback. Having low standards can end up being the key after all

I can't explain exactly what they are missing all these years. They used to have very good coaches, a great group of players in every position, not many issues in the locker rooms. And even if in 2005 they had this match with Spain that probably stopped them from winning at least a medal, it is inexcusable that they haven't done much more since then. This is 6 years ago and, if you count out the tournaments that the quartet of Kus-Popovic-Planinic-Ukic has played as a group, then it is a failure of a generation (a similar quarter of Papaloukas-Diamantidis-Zisis-Spanoulis has won 2 medals and made it to 3 straight semis in a period the Croats didn't reach top-4 at all). In every tournament they had decent bigmen. Maybe not so good wings, of course, not steady production there. But their frontcourt and backcourt has been steady and without many changes. In most cases, this is the secret to success. But so far, not for them

And look at them yet for one more year

Guards (or actually either pure PGs or combo guards)

Ukic (top-3 Euroleague PG this season)
Popovic (best Eurocup PG this season)
Planinic (top-10 PG in Europe, top-5 stats-wise in the Euroleague)
Kus, Stipcevic, Car, even Draper (which is not the best naturalisation you'd need in this roster, but he is one of the best guards in European leagues right now)

The 2nd options are scary. Brutally better than pretty much any other team in Groups C and D, where Croatia will attempt to finish 1st when teams meet up to form Group F

Wing Guards/Small Forwards

Bogdanovic (top-2 scorer in Euroleague, elite shooter, good with the NT)
Tomas (BAD season and an injury, yet a hell of a player and good scorer with the NT)

Actually Simon (my opinion is that he should be selected in this team) would be a very useful 3rd option, if either Bogdanovic or Tomas can move to SG in bigger lineups. I like Saric but maybe it's still too early for him and the senior NT, despite his sick season with Dubrava. I understand he needs to handle the ball and a good part of the team to depend on him and you can't afford that in such an important competition

Power Forwards

Similarly to previous years, only the names are different and maybe there is amazing talent here. Look at the names

Zoric (best season in Adriatic League in some years from any Croatian player not named Ante Tomic. Can emerge as 2nd option in the paint and even carry them at moments)
Banic (the natural starter for this team. Bilbao depended less on him. Can still play and score points though)
Radosevic (one of the steadiest big men in Euroleague. Outstanding stability and efficiency)
Zubcic (he will probably won't even make the team, but he has very nice skills)
Loncar (best and steadiest big of Khimki, hustler, good NT role player)

Centers

I am not sure how much they should force the 1st option to be Tomic. Didn't work last year and now, in a deeper roster, it might end up being a high-risk

Tomic (Not so steady, yet he can have many playings set around him. Looks like a swan, beautifully executing when taking the ball in the right place. Good shooting touch, poor rebounding and defense at high level)
Barac (Similarly to Tomic, a good touch. Also similarly to him very nice size, not so skilled but also not so soft, although not tough either. Excellent back-up for any team. Makes them extremely solid in the paint)

I don't believe they will take a 3rd player here, especially with Zoric and maybe Radosevic able to play some mins at center. If they do, of course the 3rd option is Andric, who wasn't bad at all in Galatasaray, but isn't at this NT level in my opinion

I would love to see a team with roles. A team where players would know what they are supposed to do. It looks to me that Vrankovic will have one of the best rosters again. Maybe the most talented Croatian team for many years. But there is a long way from having a very good roster on paper, a very talented one, to turning it to a very good team, with character, chemistry and winning mentality. And the Croats can go from a team with many good players to a fiasco or just a boredom team like some of the last, frustrating years

So, it's better to keep the tones low and learn how to prioritize their game. Repesa didn't make it, Spahija barely made it. Vrankovic is not at their level, but now he has the deepest generation for over a decade coming up with a lot of playing time in their teams and also has a ridiculously weak opponent pool (which is what? Greece and Montenegro in the first round, Russia and Slovenia in the 2nd) and the true challenge coming on the knock out stage. It is a rare chance for the Croats to calmly prepare the ground for some success this time, even if Radosevic and Marko Tomas might miss the whole tournament due to injuries. Things look better than ever for them

Joško Poljak Fan
06-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Talking about Spahija and Croatian NT... well he DID his best and that best was in reality good enough for medals, but there are things you can't fight against.

pohani komarac
06-18-2011, 11:28 AM
we all know what we missed in 2005.

some big names and markets were already out of race for WC...Italy, Turky, Serbia...with exception of Serbia who's not big market, but you can left champion without WC...with only 3 WC left. adding Spain to that list might cose a lot of trouble for Fiba....who watched game saw what happend...Croatia was just not alowed to win...Fiba didn't wannt to risk i last match with Spain and Slovenia....So Croatia was left without WC, lost to Slovenia and didn't get WC despite finishing better than all 3 teams that got WC, and prety much destroying two of those teams in direct matches.

I usually don't bitch about refs, hell I even metnion when my team is favorited by refs but that day was one of sadest in history of sport

what we miss in general is extra class player to be a leader like Drazen

who knows our mentality knows that without true leader in Croatia evryone thinks he is better, smarter and what ever...it all ends in confusion and adding emotinal mediteranian metality you get all time chokers:D And then there is presure of our people who acepts only the best of best, especially when it comes to handball, basketball and watherpolo....the way waedijim desribed our team is totally oposite of how they are seen in Croatia...people don't call Radosevic steady big man here, people call him untalented notorius full, people don't call Zubcic talented and skilled...people lough at scouting reports of those who said he has high BB IQ...For most Croats all of them are crappy players......they say it here for reason....Croatia is land with 4,5 milion coaches:D

Kwijibo
06-18-2011, 11:51 AM
we all know what we missed in 2005.

some big names and markets were already out of race for WC...Italy, Turky, Serbia...with exception of Serbia who's not big market, but you can left champion without WC...with only 3 WC left. adding Spain to that list might cose a lot of trouble for Fiba....who watched game saw what happend...Croatia was just not alowed to win...Fiba didn't wannt to risk i last match with Spain and Slovenia....So Croatia was left without WC, lost to Slovenia and didn't get WC despite finishing better than all 3 teams that got WC, and prety much destroying two of those teams in direct matches.

I usually don't bitch about refs, hell I even metnion when my team is favorited by refs but that day was one of sadest in history of sport

what we miss in general is extra class player to be a leader like Drazen

who knows our mentality knows that without true leader in Croatia evryone thinks he is better, smarter and what ever...it all ends in confusion and adding emotinal mediteranian metality you get all time chokers:D And then there is presure of our people who acepts only the best of best, especially when it comes to handball, basketball and watherpolo....the way waedijim desribed our team is totally oposite of how they are seen in Croatia...people don't call Radosevic steady big man here, people call him untalented notorius full, people don't call Zubcic talented and skilled...people lough at scouting reports of those who said he has high BB IQ...For most Croats all of them are crappy players......they say it here for reason....Croatia is land with 4,5 milion coaches:D
ALways crying about the refs & spain :rolleyes:

Joško Poljak Fan
06-18-2011, 11:59 AM
You sure can't post anything but yet another one liner to the subject :)

pohani komarac
06-18-2011, 12:10 PM
ALways crying about the refs & spain :rolleyes:

yes...that is only game i still can get over it and i never will. that day is bigest shame for spain and fiba

and i alwas perferd spain and barcelona over any teams in sport not croatian one's till that day

Kwijibo
06-18-2011, 12:31 PM
yes...that is only game i still can get over it and i never will. that day is bigest shame for spain and fiba

and i alwas perferd spain and barcelona over any teams in sport not croatian one's till that day

But it's true too that spahija lost his head at the ot. Greeks always say that he steal them the games!

wardjdim
06-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Let's please focus on this years team :)

pivx
06-18-2011, 02:23 PM

I was at that game and i agree with you.

PS: what did you mean by that fiba didn't want to risk game Spain:Slovenia?

pohani komarac
06-18-2011, 06:46 PM
I was at that game and i agree with you.

PS: what did you mean by that fiba didn't want to risk game Spain:Slovenia?

because slovenia had strong squad, if slovenia beat them in 6th place match then it would be spain, italy, turkey serbia in bid for 3 wc...and you can't throw actuall world champion....so one of 3 big markets would be out, wich also were named or candidates to organize big events in future

pohani komarac
06-18-2011, 07:04 PM
But it's true too that spahija lost his head at the ot. Greeks always say that he steal them the games!

can you blame him?

and i don't respect spahija, refs build his carer alot, one ref especially....ales pipan surley remebers those days

unlike many people here i never had anything against spain, ectually i'm big fan of spain in sports, becuse spin in any sport play game the way i like. with passion and freedom of creativity. whenever i watch game i try to be objetive as much as i can, i admited lot of times here like coatia u-19 vs. new zeland u-19 team that croatia got favorited by refs, but that game still hurts. i remeber that for few hours i just didn't know what to do with my self. didn't wann't to belive what was happenig so i decided to watch game few days leater...and when ever i watched that game same fealings go trough me

Kwijibo
06-18-2011, 07:30 PM
can you blame him?

and i don't respect spahija, refs build his carer alot, one ref especially....ales pipan surley remebers those days

unlike many people here i never had anything against spain, ectually i'm big fan of spain in sports, becuse spin in any sport play game the way i like. with passion and freedom of creativity. whenever i watch game i try to be objetive as much as i can, i admited lot of times here like coatia u-19 vs. new zeland u-19 team that croatia got favorited by refs, but that game still hurts. i remeber that for few hours i just didn't know what to do with my self. didn't wann't to belive what was happenig so i decided to watch game few days leater...and when ever i watched that game same fealings go trough me

I was just trolling a bit :p. That game was a robbery :D

Mindozas
06-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Croatia named preliminar roster. Surprise - there's no Planinic :eek:

1. ANDRIĆ LUKŠA
2. BANIĆ MARKO
3. BARAĆ STANKO
4. BOGDANOVIĆ BOJAN
5. CAR MARKO
6. DELAŠ MARIO
7. DRAPER DONTAYE DOMINIC
8. KOVAČEVIĆ HRVOJE
9. LONČAR KREŠIMIR
10. MARKOTA DAMIR
11. PERIĆ HRVOJE
12. PILEPIĆ FRAN
13. POPOVIĆ MARKO
14. RADOŠEVIĆ LEON
15. ROZIĆ MARIN
16. RUDEŽ DAMJAN
17. SIMON KRUNOSLAV
18. STIPČEVIĆ ROK
19. SUTON GORAN
20. TOMAS MARKO
21. TOMIĆ ANTE
22. UKIĆ ROKO LENI
23. VRKIĆ ZORAN
24. ŽORIĆ LUKA
25. ZUBČIĆ TOMISLAV

pohani komarac
06-20-2011, 01:41 PM
that's not croatia, it's more like united nations:(

wardjdim
06-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Nikola Mirotic and Serge Ibaka for Spain, the Calathes brothers and Koufos in Greece, JR Holden in Russia

The last three Eurobasket champions will have foreigners in their roster one way or another

If you wanna win it this year, this is the first good move :D

sixama23
06-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Nikola Mirotic and Serge Ibaka for Spain, the Calathes brothers and Koufos in Greece, JR Holden in Russia

Calathes brothers and Koufos are of Greek descent...
Of course, all 3 of them are American basketball "products" but being members of the Greek NT is not the same with Holden in Russia or Draper in Croatia...

Jon_Koncak
06-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Calathes brothers and Koufos are of Greek descent...
Of course, all 3 of them are American basketball "products" but being members of the Greek NT is not the same with Holden in Russia or Draper in Croatia...

Calathes brothers are as greek as Jennifer Aniston.They are not american basketball products,they are americans.

pohani komarac
06-20-2011, 05:38 PM

The last three Eurobasket champions will have foreigners in their roster one way or another

If you wanna win it this year, this is the first good move :D

i don't give ... about russia, spain or poland

and vrakovic united nations won't win anything, because in first place joke vrankovic is coach and players don't have quality to win

Picek
06-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Croatia named preliminar roster. Surprise - there's no Planinic :eek:

that shouldn't be a surprise, he had a good season that is true. but he never gave anything remarkable to the NT and Vrankovic just got tired of waiting for him to deliver..
so did I and that is why I find that as a good move..

the only difference between Draper and Mulaomerović is the fact that Draper is black..

I don't want Draper in NT either but I will surely support our team even with him in it..

pohani komarac
06-21-2011, 04:54 PM
difrece betwen them is that mulamerovic came to croatia as kid, know language, lived for years in croatia and was long tearm option

this is short tearm investment and all about money. he gets passport and bigger contract, whille cedevita gets one extra spot for foreigner

i'm not for him, eduardo or mula, but last two had evry right to get pasport and had some sense

Picek
06-21-2011, 05:44 PM
i'm not for him, eduardo or mula, but last two had evry right to get pasport and had some sense
šija = vrat

Xristos
06-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Do Damjan Rudez or Gordan Giricek have a chance for the NT?

What do you guys think the team will be?

Mindozas
06-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Do Damjan Rudez or Gordan Giricek have a chance for the NT?

What do you guys think the team will be?

Giricek isn't even in preliminar list ;) He is already finished :)

Probably Croatian guys knows the situation better, but my presumption would be like that:

PG: Ukic, Draper, Popovic
SG: Bogdanovic, Simon
SF: Tomas, Rozic (I guess Joke will take him)
PF: Banic, Zoric, Loncar
C: Tomic, Barac

euskadi
06-21-2011, 06:58 PM
i would say:

pg: ukic, popovic, draper
sg:tomas, bogdanovic
sf:zubcic, rudez
pf:markota, loncar
c:tomic, barac, zoric

plus:radosevic (banic ) and car ( pilepic )

zubcic is vrankovic favorite :D and for markota said that he is safe

DelijaZauvjek
06-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Tomas over Bogdanovic....no way

wardjdim
06-22-2011, 01:15 PM
In which planet is Markota better than Banic or Radosevic?

Joško Poljak Fan
06-22-2011, 01:43 PM
He is actually a good supporting cast player, valuable for those 20 minutes on the flor, given the right individualy strong teamates.
Spanning the defense with his 3 point shot, can contribute a lot to already a fluent offense with his court vision, plays better defense. In a right team with the right supporting role he could do much more than stats will tell. Being a go-to guy... nah, he lacks some things to be as good at that, but clearly that's not all basketball is all about either.

Imagine the lineup: Ukić, Tomas, Bogdanović, Tomić/Zorić... now add Markota or Banić and compare the effect. I do consider Banić as one of the most underated players in europe, but imo can't provide some of the stuff Markota can as a role-player.

The way Zorić played this season, he'll be the no.1 surprise of the EC and personaly I doubt Barać would actually get some serious playing time unless Zorić plays at PF...

euskadi
06-22-2011, 02:28 PM

we need forward who can shoot 3pt

wardjdim
06-22-2011, 03:05 PM
The way Zorić played this season, he'll be the no.1 surprise of the EC and personaly I doubt Barać would actually get some serious playing time unless Zorić plays at PF...
I don't consider Zoric a center. He is indeed a PF. But last year, the lineup with Zoric and Tomic was too heavy in the WC and that's why Zoric got out of rotation. If you ask me right now, though, with Barac in the squad, I would still use Zoric at PF and take both Tomic and Barac, who are rather similar players. This would give me more flexibility on both ends of the floor

pohani komarac
06-22-2011, 03:16 PM
i would say:

pg: ukic, popovic, draper
sg:tomas, bogdanovic
sf:zubcic, rudez
pf:markota, loncar
c:tomic, barac, zoric

plus:radosevic (banic ) and car ( pilepic )

zubcic is vrankovic favorite :D and for markota said that he is safe

most of time tomas and bogdanovic will play togheter, and will be starters. bouth of them are 2-3 players, not clear guards and fit with each other well

euskadi
06-22-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't consider Zoric a center. He is indeed a PF. But last year, the lineup with Zoric and Tomic was too heavy in the WC and that's why Zoric got out of rotation. If you ask me right now, though, with Barac in the squad, I would still use Zoric at PF and take both Tomic and Barac, who are rather similar players. This would give me more flexibility on both ends of the floor

actually, zoric was injured after game vs slovenia. he was one of the few with positive critics

euskadi
06-22-2011, 03:35 PM
most of time tomas and bogdanovic will play togheter, and will be starters. bouth of them are 2-3 players, not clear guards and fit with each other well

yes,I know. unfortunately, due to draper, popovic will be backup SG. these five players will be rotated for most of the time

DelijaZauvjek
06-22-2011, 04:30 PM
I want to see Hrvatska play Srbija again :)

DelijaZauvjek
06-22-2011, 04:31 PM
yes,I know. unfortunately, due to draper, popovic will be backup SG. these five players will be rotated for most of the time

Sucks
I like popovic very underrated

UKO
06-23-2011, 08:52 AM
don't expect much :( croatia is average team. easy draw for us so we will be in 1/4 where we will loose. team of good players without any superstar... just have to wait few years for saric and hezonja :D our last hope :D

arwyta
06-27-2011, 06:01 PM

And you're totally right. I'm Spanish and I get seriously pissed every time I remember that game, shameful...

Markoishvili
07-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Banic and Loncar are cut off. Good if controversial call. Neither of them can be paired with Tomic/Barac, they are not capable of defending pick and roll. Which is staple of every teams offense. Vrankovic is obviously building young atheltic team, that will defend and get out in transition. I think it is right choice considering the players he has at his disposal. If there are no injuries i believe team will look like this:

PG Ukic/Draper
SG Popovic/Bogdanovic/Car
SF Tomas/Rudez
PF Zoric/Markota/Radosevic
C Barac/Tomic

Andric may replace Radosevic is he is not fit.

Picek
07-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Banic and Loncar are cut off. Good if controversial call. .

I also have the same feeling. I do feel sorry for Banić though, 'cause his form and quality could make him a good enough player for a lot of teams out there.. but he is not bringing us anything as a PF and at C we have better solutions..
it is also better to tell him now where he stands at then to tell him that after he goes through the whole preps..
Lončar even without injury didn't have much of a chances anyway..

Joško Poljak Fan
07-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Just noticed the depth of Croatia on PF... Lončar and Banić both would deserve a spot. Although his defense might not be perfect, I love the way Banić plays under the rim... I would be in doubt in Vranković's place weather Markota would serve better for the team. He does his load of work, but unlike Banić that scores out of nowhere, Markota seems very passive occasionaly when it comes to offense. I am aware defense is the key, yet creativity within offense isn't that unimportant neither. I have a feeling in ex-Yu area creativity actualy keeps getting neglected already in youth competitions.

Xristos
07-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Popovic starting in front of Bogdanovic. :eek:

I think it will be:
Ukic / Draper
Bogdanovic / Popovic
Tomas / Rudez / Zubcic
Banic / Andric / Loncar
Tomic / Barac

Why are Banic and Loncar likely not playing?

TB-Fan
07-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I think Andric will be in the team. He played a good season for Galatasaray. Mobile big man, can play the pick n roll and also good on defence.

wardjdim
07-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Why are Banic and Loncar likely not playing?

Because Zoric is right now hands down better than any of them

UKO
07-04-2011, 05:45 AM
so starting five could be: ukić-bogdanović-tomas-žorić-barać (or tomić)

not that bad, but not enough for something big :(

wardjdim
07-04-2011, 01:15 PM
so starting five could be: ukić-bogdanović-tomas-žorić-barać (or tomić)

not that bad, but not enough for something big :(

Usually 5 players are never enough. Croatia is a top-5 team in this tournament, depth-wise

Xristos
07-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Usually 5 players are never enough. Croatia is a top-5 team in this tournament, depth-wise

No they're not.

Spain
Turkey
Serbia
France
Lithuania

are all deeper

UKO
07-04-2011, 03:11 PM
No they're not.

Spain
Turkey
Serbia
France
Lithuania

are all deeper

you forgotten greece :rolleyes: don't think so for turkey, even lithuania. main serbian players didn't have many minutes this season, we'll see how will they do

Xristos
07-04-2011, 03:18 PM
you forgotten greece :rolleyes: don't think so for turkey, even lithuania. main serbian players didn't have many minutes this season, we'll see how will they do

No, I don't think we will be quite as good this year without our starting center (Bourousis) and best player (Diamantidis). Tsartsaris likely won't play as well.

Turkey, aside from point guard, is very strong at every position. Onan and Guler, Hedo and Preldzic, Savas and Ilyasova, Asik and Kanter.

I think guys like Car and Rudez aren't ideal for this level of play.

UKO
07-04-2011, 03:27 PM
No, I don't think we will be quite as good this year without our starting center (Bourousis) and best player (Diamantidis). Tsartsaris likely won't play as well.

Turkey, aside from point guard, is very strong at every position. Onan and Guler, Hedo and Preldzic, Savas and Ilyasova, Asik and Kanter.

I think guys like Car and Rudez aren't ideal for this level of play.

he will play for bosnia acording to newspapers

iskoch
07-11-2011, 05:01 PM
I have read somewhere.
Ukic said that he has an injury and Fenerbahçe wants him to be fully fit for the next season and if the club don't let him play in EB, Ukic won't be in Croatia roster.
Is it true?

gockun
07-11-2011, 05:33 PM

as fur as i know he came to turkey to attend the NT. i also saw on his facebook account that he is in İstanbul..

Picek
07-11-2011, 06:00 PM
I have read somewhere.
Ukic said that he has an injury and Fenerbahçe wants him to be fully fit for the next season and if the club don't let him play in EB, Ukic won't be in Croatia roster.
Is it true?He has a small injury and will miss the beginning of the preparations 'cause he needs to go back to Istanbul to get clearance from the club doctors..
I don't think a big problem.. not yet, anyway.

UKO
07-14-2011, 06:20 AM
roko ukić: only spain and france are better then us

Xristos
07-14-2011, 07:46 AM
You guys should be happy about Draper. He's a very good player, better than Popovic I think.

Daywalker989
07-14-2011, 08:37 AM

http://www.tbf.org.tr/tbfweb/tbfweb2.nsf/0/94E8FCC065218FB9C22578CC00351FA2?OpenDocument

No my friend he is our NT.Look at picture.TBF official website:)

UKO
07-14-2011, 08:39 AM
well then in fiba standards some are more equal than others it seems :confused:

Daywalker989
07-14-2011, 08:49 AM

When were Yugoslavia ıt was same sitation.they took more standarts then us,also for Greece..at this moment we have strong lobby..also Turkish Airlines u know...

PieR
07-14-2011, 08:53 AM

At the begining of the Preldžić story he refused to play for Slovenian NT and expressed will to play for Bosnian NT: in this case FIBA refused demand from Preldžić and Bosnian BA.

This year Preldžić changed his wish to be part of Bosnian NT and asked (together with Turkish BA) FIBA for permission to play for Turkish NT.

Guess what FIBA responded... :D

So dear UKO ... yes, in FIBA standards some BA are "more equal" than others.

gockun
07-14-2011, 09:02 AM
At the begining of the Preldžić story he refused to play for Slovenian NT and expressed will to play for Bosnian NT: in this case FIBA refused demand from Preldžić and Bosnian BA.

This year Preldžić changed his wish to be part of Bosnian NT and asked (together with Turkish BA) FIBA for permission to play for Turkish NT.

Guess what FIBA responded... :D

So dear UKO ... yes, in FIBA standards some BA are "more equal" than others.

too shameful you misleading people! at the beginning slovenian fed didnt let him play for bosnia expressing like "you are mine or nothing", now we convinced your fed. to let him free.. bosnian fed hasnt got money we have, and your fed is overgreedy...

PieR
07-14-2011, 09:24 AM
too shameful you misleading people! at the beginning slovenian fed didnt let him play for bosnia expressing like "you are mine or nothing", now we convinced your fed. to let him free.. bosnian fed hasnt got money we have, and your fed is overgreedy...

Ops: if someone should be shameful and that misleads people is you!

1. Slovenian BA allowed in both cases - in Bosnian and Turkish. FIBA rejected Bosnian BA and agreed when Turkish BA was in turn.

2. Yes, money talks! It is shamefull too, that instead playing with heart for your own nation someone go and play for money, interests...

In my opinion Preldžić decision for playing in Turkish NT is related with/to:

- his career in Turkey and his own BB club,
- Mr. Tanjević influence,
- Turkish NT prospects (comparing to Bosnian or Slovenian).

3. Personaly I don't care if Preldžić plays for Slovenian, Bosnian or Turkish NT. I know that he is good and talented player and I wish him all the best.

And please explain me what you mean with that phrase "...and your fed is overgreedy..."?

gockun
07-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Ops: if someone should be shameful and that misleads people is you!

1. Slovenian BA allowed in both cases - in Bosnian and Turkish. FIBA rejected Bosnian BA and agreed when Turkish BA was in turn.

2. Yes, money talks! It is shamefull too, that instead playing with heart for your own nation someone go and play for money, interests...

In my opinion Preldžić decision for playing in Turkish NT is related with/to:

- his career in Turkey and his own BB club,
- Mr. Tanjević influence,
- Turkish NT prospects (comparing to Bosnian or Slovenian).

3. Personaly I don't care if Preldžić plays for Slovenian, Bosnian or Turkish NT. I know that he is good and talented player and I wish him all the best.

And please explain me what you mean with that phrase "...and your fed is overgreedy..."?
the phrase mean slovenian federation ask too much money to let him free..

and please can you show me the source that shows slovenian federation has let him play for bosnia..

PieR
07-14-2011, 09:49 AM
the phrase mean slovenian federation ask too much money to let him free..

and please can you show me the source that shows slovenian federation has let him play for bosnia..

1. :confused: ... please go and inform about the modes and rules of transfer from one to another NT. Money has nothing with such kind of transfers ... And please don't spam around that our BA is overgreedy!

2. I don't know if this two links:

http://www.delo.si/clanek/82841

http://www.siol.net/sportal/kosarka/2011/07/preldzic_na_turskem_seznamu.aspx

will be enough helpfull because both are in slovenian language, but perhaps you can use google translator and help yourself.

Sorry to all readers for this offtopics, I'm finishing with this conversation.

Picek
07-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Rozić is out of the team..
he is not ready to go through the full preparation process since he had a problem with his injury after the end of the season..
Zoran Vrkić was called instead..

Xristos
07-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Rozić is out of the team..
he is not ready to go through the full preparation process since he had a problem with his injury after the end of the season..
Zoran Vrkić was called instead..

Vrkic is a huge talent, I sometimes wonder why he can't put it all together consistently. He could be one of the best young forwards in Europe with his athleticism and skills.

pivx
07-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Vrkic is a huge talent, I sometimes wonder why he can't put it all together consistently. He could be one of the best young forwards in Europe with his athleticism and skills.

Yup he is very talented. I was surprised that he was kicked out of Union Olimpija...

pohani komarac
07-15-2011, 02:56 PM

for his type we say he is "generic"

all his "talent" is athleticisam and skills..................but all that is nothing if he deasn't know how, and don't have desire to use that on court.....like robot, you have to instal program and point him with joystick...another typical euro player who can do nothing coach didn't draw, and even with that he has problems to do it right. "talent" is also smarts, desire, passion, balls, feal for game, insticts, poise, competitivnes and so on and on...and people forget such things so often this days

Markoishvili
07-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Croatia won against Bulgaria 72:59

Bogdanovic had 17, Barac 14, while Simon contributed 8 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assist.

Draper didn`t play particularly well finsihing with 4 points and 2 assists.

Popovic, Ukic, Tomas and Radosevic sat out the game due to injuries.

pohani komarac
07-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Good game, but not relevant oponent. led by 20+ before let dow in last 2 minutes

Draper was first guy who scored. Had so, so game. My emotions were very mixed. That's just not it. Can't conect with team as I used to. Like cheering for Cedevita, rateher than NT of my countrie

I liked Joke giving ball to Simon when he was on court, our most creative and inteligent player. Hopefully he will be abel to translate his game against better teams.

Bogdanovic looked totally difrent than in Cibona. Didn't cuck at all, very efective. Difrence is that he has teamates

Barac and Markota looked twice better then starting soft duo Tomic and Andric who togheter are usles like soft porn movie

Zoric disapointed. He should be teamd with Tomic as backup bigs

Ball movment looked good, hopefully Ukic won't make it his private show when he comes back

Iterior defense is bigest weeknes

Rodrigo
07-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Croatia won against Bulgaria 72:59

Bogdanovic had 17, Barac 14, while Simon contributed 8 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assist.

Draper didn`t play particularly well finsihing with 4 points and 2 assists.

Popovic, Ukic, Tomas and Radosevic sat out the game due to injuries.

can we look detailed statics from anywhere ?

Markoishvili
07-26-2011, 11:04 PM
I have kept my own stats:), no official boxscore anywhere yet.

For Croatia only that is:

Starting Five
Draper 21min 4pts 2rebs 2ast 2stls 2to
Bogdanovic 25min 17pts 2stls 1reb
Rudez 10min 2pts 1reb 1stl
Andric 12min 6pts 1reb 1stl
Tomic 16min 2pts 4rebs 1ast 1stl 1to

Bench
Barac 17min 14pts 2rebs 3assts 2stl 4to
Simon 26min 8pts (1/6 3FG), 7rebs, 5assts 2to
Markota 22min 5pts 3rebs 2ast
Stipcevic 19min 5pts 1ast 1stl
Zoric 9min 2pts 1reb 1to
Car 19min 7pts 3stls 1reb 1ast 2to
Vrkic 4min 1reb 1stl 2to

Rodrigo
07-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Markoishvili,

thank you.

serbianhoops
07-27-2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.index.hr/images2/dontaye_draper_himna_vlado_kos_cropix.jpg

pohani komarac
07-27-2011, 06:07 PM
we won 2nd game

didn't remeber score

zoric and bogdanovic bouth scored 15

euskadi
07-27-2011, 07:49 PM
77:54 (20:19, 11:13, 25:9, 21:13)

HRVATSKA: Tomić 12, Car 3, Bogdanović 15, Stipčević - , Vrkić - , Pilepić 2, Draper 7, Simon 7, Žorić 15, Andrić 9, Marota 5, Rudež 2.

playing without ukic, popovic, tomas, radosevic and barac

rudez is biggest looser from what we see in these two games. simon made big step to eurobasket. shame joke didnt call zubcic instead rudez

isn't funny naturalize american not to be main player but to be backup pg averaging 5 pts and 2 asists :D

Picek
07-28-2011, 04:11 AM
Radošević and Pilepić are the first two players who are cut from the team..

pohani komarac
07-29-2011, 05:26 AM
highlighlts from first game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_z1YXIvPk&feature=feedu

Mindozas
07-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Ukic broke his leg - out of Eurobasket. F*cking hilarious... :rolleyes:

Xristos
07-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Ukic broke his leg - out of Eurobasket. F*cking hilarious... :rolleyes:

:o Awful news for Croatia, Ukic is a huge part of the team

Popovic and Draper as PGs now?

I guess Kruno Simon will play for sure now

wardjdim
07-29-2011, 06:02 PM
They will miss him, ok. But, they are lucky enough to be deep at PG

Anyway, Croatia is miles ahead of their opponents when it comes to the guard line in group C. It's their group to lose. By far the deepest team

madmax
07-29-2011, 06:54 PM
damn...Ukic is one of my favorite european guards playing currently:mad: Unlucky croats, as usual...

SaliH
07-29-2011, 10:23 PM
damn...Ukic is one of my favorite european guards playing currently:mad: Unlucky croats, as usual...

Unlucky Fenerbahce, as usuall.
I guess He'll be out of play for some months. He's out of Eurobasket for sure, what about the Euroleague?

Picek
07-30-2011, 06:31 AM
Unlucky Fenerbahce, as usuall.
I guess He'll be out of play for some months. He's out of Eurobasket for sure, what about the Euroleague?

he is reportedly out for 6 weeks atleast..
he broke his foot not leg..
anyway, it is a blow for sure.. a big one..
but there are few good things in all that or atleast I'm trying to stay positive about it:
1. he already missed the first two weeks of preparations so we didn't waste that time using him as our primary gun although it was expected he would be one..
2. Popović (he also missed first two weeks of preps) with a best season of his career is coming into this championship.. hopefully the injury problems are all gonne.. with Ukić and Planinić both out of the picture he will be our first option at the point.. he usually liked that responsibility in his career and this way he won't be pushed aside or played as SG .. he'll have a clearer picture of what he has to do.. and this will be played in Lithuania, a special place in his career.. it is time for him to finally step up in NT.. hopefully he won't dissapoint..

3. If we had to lose one from the Fener duo (both of them missed the first two weeks) then I believe Ukić loss is an easier one to handle then possible Tomas loss.. I'm just hoping it won't be both

4. Ukić stabilised his game under Spahija, atleast for a bit.. but he will have one full year to become even better PLAYguard which could help us a lot next year if we make our goal this year which is olympics qualifying tournament (for me atleast it is our goal)..

Ukić loss is a big one but with him in the game last couple of events we were unpredictable and wild with only some signs of really organized game from time to time.. hopefully we can learn on our mistakes and use our advantages with a proper play setter..

BAASHO
07-30-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm very sorry about Ukic and Radosevic.I think that they are both great players.I believe that Croatia is one of the best teams in Europe at the moment
and without them,especially Ukic,it'll be very hard to fight for medals.

AiwiTo
07-30-2011, 09:14 AM
damm, croatians is one of my favorite teams with Marko ahead..and now, then they lost Radosevic, and even Ukic..it's very sad news..all the best for the rest of the team!

pivx
07-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Croatia is better without Ukič IMO. Seems liek Draper will have minutes afteralll...

Markoishvili
08-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Draper will be huge fail i think. He is not as good as people rate him. There is reason why he never player for top clubs. He will struggle somewhat at this level to create off the dribble and finish at the rim like he did in Adriatic league and Eurocup. Shaky defense and streaky jumpshot don`t help either.

baldur
08-05-2011, 07:39 AM
now, how is the final croatia squad? is it certain? if it is not who are appearin in the candidate squad?

wardjdim
08-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Looks like the team will be partly refreshed in all lines

G- Popovic, Draper, Stipcevic
G- Bogdanovic, Car
F- Thomas, Simon
F- Zoric, Markota, Andric
C- Tomic, Barac

At the end, although Stipcevic is not my type of a player and, obviously, I consider Planinic a better option, they will have depth in every position

baldur
08-05-2011, 08:11 AM
yes croatia has kinda good options in most positions.
marko popovic spent his best season with unics kazan
luksa andric was very good in galatasaray cafe crown.
and marko banic played acb final with bilbao.
and these 3 players maybe won't be in final squad.
this shows eventually croatia has depth-squad.

wardjdim
08-05-2011, 08:17 AM
marko popovic spent his best season with unics kazan
luksa andric was very good in galatasaray cafe crown.
and marko banic played acb final with bilbao.
and these 3 players maybe won't be in final squad.

Banic has been cut long ago
Popovic out? :D That's a big time joke. The sole possibility for this to happen is that Popovic's injury prevents him from playing. But that wouldn't show any depth for the team. Just that Popovic has not recovered yet
Andric now has to be in the final squad, with Radosevic, Zubcic, Banic and Loncar already out, they will be soon running out of options at PF, if Andric is not selected

baldur
08-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Banic has been cut long ago
Popovic out? :D That's a big time joke. The sole possibility for this to happen is that Popovic's injury prevents him from playing. But that wouldn't show any depth for the team. Just that Popovic has not recovered yet
Andric now has to be in the final squad, with Radosevic, Zubcic, Banic and Loncar already out, they will be soon running out of options at PF, if Andric is not selected

i don't think popovic shouldn't be out of squad. but if roko ukic would be fit, maybe there will be possibility to being out of squad for marko popovic.

Mindozas
08-05-2011, 08:54 AM
i don't think popovic shouldn't be out of squad. but if roko ukic would be fit, maybe there will be possibility to being out of squad for marko popovic.

No way...

Frosties
08-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Looks like the team will be partly refreshed in all lines

G- Popovic, Draper, Stipcevic
G- Bogdanovic, Car
F- Tomas, Simon
F- Zoric, Markota, Andric
C- Tomic, Barac

At the end, although Stipcevic is not my type of a player and, obviously, I consider Planinic a better option, they will have depth in every position

This is a very good and solid NT. In Spahija we trust....

wardjdim
08-05-2011, 09:26 AM
This is a very good and solid NT. In Spahija we trust....
That would be too good to be true. Unfortunately for this team, Spahija is not the coach ;)

Frosties
08-05-2011, 09:51 AM
That would be too good to be true. Unfortunately for this team, Spahija is not the coach ;)

Pity...:( Hopefully there some time soon.

Chuck Diesel
08-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Feel bad about the loss of Ukic, was really looking forward to watching him lead Croatia. Any chance you guys will ever dust off Aleks Ugrinoski? Anyone know his whereabouts? I remember him from the D-league a couple years ago, still a pretty young guy.

Hater
08-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Ukic is terrible PG ... has no court vision, makes always bad decisions i saw him 2 years ago and he wears a shirt called BUST :D ... i think Croatia has a lot of PGs better than Ukic

Xristos
08-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Ukic is terrible PG ... has no court vision, makes always bad decisions i saw him 2 years ago and he wears a shirt called BUST :D ... i think Croatia has a lot of PGs better than Ukic

Is this a joke :rolleyes:

Ukic is one of the best guards in the tournament

Just because he did not do great in the NBA does not mean he is a poor player

Hater
08-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Is this a joke :rolleyes:

Ukic is one of the best guards in the tournament

Just because he did not do great in the NBA does not mean he is a poor player

Wow :eek: Ukic is one of the best Pgs of the tournament ??

I thought he was done

Silvio
08-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Croatia 13-men roster at London tournament

FC Luksa Andric
C Stanko Barac
GF Bojan Bogdanovic
SG Marko Car
G Dontaye Draper
F Damir Markota
G Marko Popovic
SG Krunoslav Simon
PG Rok Stipcevic
GF Marko Tomas
C Ante Tomic
GF Zoran Vrkic
FC Luka Zoric

F Damjan Rudez did not travel with team, he stayed at Zagreb because of illness (it seems it is pneumonia). As of now, there's no news about him being cut ... but even if gets healthy in time for Eurobasket, he'll probably be rusty, and he's not so important player to keep place for him.

Lust cut will probably be Marko Car as he did not dress at in each of 3 games at Ljubljana and today he played 00:07 only (7 seconds).
Or maybe Vrkic that did not dress today.
Really doesn't matter as on 1/2/3 majority minutes will go to Draper, Popovic, Bogdanovic, Tomas and probably Simon.
Stipcevic and 12th guy are going to play only garbage time.

pimpekaustas
08-18-2011, 06:38 AM
what's the problem with žorić, why is he playing so bad? :confused: i expected that he will be positive surprise

Joško Poljak Fan
08-18-2011, 08:36 AM
what's the problem with žorić, why is he playing so bad? :confused: i expected that he will be positive surprise
He is not as efficient in defense as Markota on PF and overall the whole offense isn't really structured for him exclusively as there is no need for that. He still get's a ball or two under the rim, but they're far from actually exploiting him ;)
This are the parts that will only became visible at eurobasket, I am sure Croats have a set of plays ready for him in particular.

kololoco
08-18-2011, 11:52 AM
From what I have seen in the first game against Serbia he has very bad hands. Three or four balls that the guards passed him he fumbled. I dont know much about him but he looked like a B class player. His defence wasnt particularly good. Markota was better at every segment of the game, and Markota is no Jordan. All in all Croatia could use Kukoch now. He would probably even now, in his fourties and slowed down be good enough for the PF spot in this squad. Weakest link right now in your team.

MarkoMilic
08-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Guys, why B.Bogdanovic did not play against GB?

Silvio
08-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Guys, why B.Bogdanovic did not play against GB?

He was rested. No injury.

Croatia is with 13 players in London and only 12 is allowed to dress for particular game. They're with only 5 big men there (Tomic, Barac, Zoric, Andric, Markota), so in each game coach rests one of guards (or GF). Against Serbia he rested Vrkic and against weaker Great Britain Bogdanovic rested.

That is official. Now my speculations.

I suppose coach will use Popovic and Tomas (that joined team later because of injuries) and Draper (newcomer to team) in all 5 games, to make those three players gell better with rest of team. While Vrkic or Car being rest ed against strong opposition, and probably Simon or Stipcevic (or Bogdanovic again) versus weak China.

Silvio
08-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Context:
Situation in Croatian Basketball Federation is bad. Not in a sense being chaotic, federation can afford for NT team and other selections preparations (no problem with paying hotels, doctor & physio, flying tickets or similar) as there is few sponsors. But there is no good work with young talents, no serious work with young coaches. There are formal seminars, but those are for fat asses from federation to rest in Dubrovnik or elsewhere on the coast, lecturers are people like Pepsi Bozic (what possible one can learn from him, maybe where good restaurants are?) or Darko Kunce (great guy, great scout, but zero of a coach). Croatia basketball goes down every year a bit despite big talents, all those U-16 gold medals become 8th places until age of U-19 or U-20. Main reason is president of federation, Danko Radic, former referee without any formal education, popularly called El Presidente. He surrounded him with his comrades from refereeing days, they share knowing secrets useful for blackmailing others in CRO basketball. Even if those people from federation would want to do something useful for Croatian basketball ... they could not, they have no intellectual or organizing abilities.

Coach:
Spahija was coach until 2005, he's simply great coach. From 2006 to 2009 Jasmin Repesa was head coach. He was not so good, but OK. He was great strategist, having team with no star but with great depth, he would turn it in his favor during championships: those tournaments have crazy schedule, rotating almost all 12 players in early games, he would have fresh team near end of tournament (or at least much fresher than other teams overusing their starters) and somehow he would snatch something around 6th place, placed above some teams with stronger rosters. But in 2009 Repesa lost reigns over the team, team was divided into clans (probably because of washed-out Vujcic lobbying himself back into NT). It was very weak championship in Poland 2009 (compared to other in this decade), most of NBA players was not there, some teams had multiple injuries - most of top teams were crippled, while Croatia was with almost strongest possible roster. Paradoxically - but rightfully - 6th place was considered as underachievement in Croatia, despite similar placements in recent previous tournaments being considered success. So Repesa left.
After search for his replacement ... shock. Joke Vrankovic. Everybody stunned. He was good player, but unimaginative. In short coaching career, only failures. No formal education. Communicating skills low to level that he's having trouble with finishing sentences. But that was ideal coach for El Presidente. Vrankovic (soon he get nickname "Dzouk" = Croatian written English word "joke") took job that is way, way over his head - so he is completely dependent on El Presidente, and easy accepts all hints. Also, great scapegoat when things inevitable go south (not if but when) . Led by Vrankovic Croatia finished 14th at World Championship, reached top 16 thanks to easy draw, Tunisia with almost no pro players and Iran with only Haddadi of their key players being present in Turkey. Croatia won those 2 games (I would really like to see what would happen Croatia versus complete Iran) and lost all other games.
Dzouk is big handicap to this team, practically always overcoached by opposition. I call him "distraction" - in a sense that for players it would be much better to listen music during pre-game, timeouts and halftime instead of hearing his meaningless yapping.

Notes before remarks about players:
When I say average player, I mean average for Croatian NT standards. That is all very relative: for teams like Serbia or Lithuania such player wouldn't be even listed in wide roster of 24 players. But for teams like Latvia or Bosnia& Herzegovina, such player would be in 12-men roster for sure, if not starter.
Perhaps it may seem I'm too harsh to some of our guys, but those players that I mark as "average" can have dominant game against weak teams, or (fluke) great game vs some strong team - but in those big games against top teams they can not make difference (in fact, may make negative difference)

Other remark is about many guards in preliminary roster: until Bogdanovic's breakout Euroleague season 2009-10, Croatia had weak spot in SG position. Until last summer, Croatia played with 2 PGs in pair for great majority of game time. In those few seasons (since after summer 2005 Giricek retired from NT team), Tomas was either injured or played exclusively at other not deep spot, SF. Bogdanovic can not play all 40 minutes and anyway he's designated to play some SF minutes while Tomas rests. It really doesn't matter when both are on court who is 2 or 3, Tomas is better ball handler so he is more of 2 in offense, and he's also better on-ball defender so he takes to guard biggest (SF) opposing man or best one (even if it's PG as Teodosic).
At start of preparation Tomas came injured, so there was chance Bogdanovic would play many (if not all) minutes at SF, if Tomas is out for tournament. So 3 pretty no-name SGs were called to preparations: Simon, Car, Vrkic and survived all cuts and are in last 13 now. Until Ukic's injury it looked like they all 3 could be cut, at most one being in final 12 (with Ukic and Stipcevic at 1, Draper and Popovic 1/2 and Bogdanovic/Tomas at 2/3 + 5 biggies = 11, question was Rudez as 6th biggie or 5 biggies only and one of those 3). But now with Ukic's broken leg and Rudez's pneumonia 2 of those 3 are destined to see Lithuania.

Gameplan remark: I think Vrankovic's main idea was to play pick&roll Ukic&Tomic surrounded with 3 shooters. Probably he watched Croatian women national team that played that way early this summer with surprising success (5th at Eurobasket) . For that reason he cut Banic and Loncar (reasonable defenders but bad outside shooters, Banic is reluctant to shoot from outside,while Loncar unfortunately is not reluctant) and called Markota and Rudez (biggies that can shoot 3-pointers, but skinny and easily physically overmatched if opponent plays with true PF).

Short remarks about players as post is already too long. Alphabetically
FC Luksa Andric - good shooter, but can't hit a 3-pointer, soft player (gets easily scared after few tough fouls and/or blocked shots) and defensive liability
C Stanko Barac - very good player, deadly mid-range jumper, but soft in defense
GF Bojan Bogdanovic - Big upside, will be great player, but young and inexperienced.
SG Marko Car - average player, needs anger management course. I'm surprised walking technical foul is called into NT
G Dontaye Draper - he's OK, better than Stipcevic or Simon for sure, but I don't see we get some big advantage with adding him (certainly less than amount of shame we get for making him Croatian)
F Damir Markota - average player, but he's biggie that shoots 3-pointers.
G Marko Popovic - too shoot-first oriented for PG, too small for SG, giant defensive liability ... but on a good shooting day scores in bunches, when he's "in the zone" Kirk Penney looks like average player compared to him
SG Krunoslav Simon - average player
PG Rok Stipcevic - average player, if not bellow average
GF Marko Tomas - great player, but sometimes defers to teammates too much + multiple injuries stopped his development to bonafide star
C Ante Tomic - Big upside, could be great player, great court vision for center - but skinny for center plus young and inexperienced
GF Zoran Vrkic - average player
FC Luka Zoric - true warrior, only capable defender among biggies on this roster. As he doesn't play 40 minutes a game and is only backup, obviously he's not very skillful in offense

Conclusion
In this 24-team of Eurobasket Croatia is middle-of-the-pack team. If it was usual 16-teams format, then we would be among lowest placed. Despite his shortcomings (ball hogging, not enough trust in teammates so shooting too much, not a good clutch player although he believes he is), PG Ukic is still best Croatian player and will be missed badly. Awful coach is not insurmountable handicap as some other teams also have lousy and/or inexperienced coaches, but is quite a big handicap. Once again too many offensive players and too many defensive liabilities on roster, as in past it could again cause some wins over nominal favorites (on a day when shots are falling in) , yet losses to inferior teams (on a day when offense is not clicking, as incapable defense is always allowing a lot of points).
Good thing is good draw, other half of draw is much tougher with 6 strong teams and we would have 0.01% chances for progressing to quarterfinals. In this half of group we should lose to strong Russia and we traditionally lose to Greece and if new Greek coach does not change winning plan for sake of change we will lose again despite Greece missing more than a half of team. Our chance is against Slovenia (some key players out due to injury) and Montenegro (bad bench). Win in 1 of those 2 games should be enough for quarterfinals, as we are better than other 7 teams in our weak half of draw and should easily win any of those. But that is big "should", as I said above Croats usually has big ups&downs during tournament, in 1 game only practically can "win anyone, but also can lose to anyone ".

Best case scenario: win over Slovenia and/or Montenegro, heavy quarterfinal loss, we finish 8th as QF would be only by luck anyway (favorable draw)
Worst case scenario: loss to both Slovenia and Montenegro, we finish 9th to 12th (though would be 13th to 16th had draw put us in tougher half of draw).

Whichever happens, El Presidente will say: "This is great success. Especially as our younger players get much needed experience. Coach Vrankovic has my full support."

pimpekaustas
08-21-2011, 01:46 PM
uh, good post but little bit to pesimistic

kololoco
08-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Context:
Short remarks about players as post is already too long. Alphabetically
FC Luksa Andric - good shooter, but can't hit a 3-pointer, soft player (gets easily scared after few tough fouls and/or blocked shots) and defensive liability
C Stanko Barac - very good player, deadly mid-range jumper, but soft in defense
GF Bojan Bogdanovic - Best player in the team and a top 5 European young talent at the moment
SG Marko Car - average player, needs anger management course. I'm surprised walking technical foul is called into NT
G Dontaye Draper - he's below average, not much better than Stipcevic or Simon for sure, but I don't see we get some big advantage with adding him (certainly less than amount of shame we get for making him Croatian)
F Damir Markota - good role player, but he's biggie that shoots 3-pointers.
G Marko Popovic - too shoot-first oriented for PG, too small for SG, giant defensive liability ... but on a good shooting day scores in bunches, when he's "in the zone" Kirk Penney looks like average player compared to him
SG Krunoslav Simon - solid back up sg, can be a positive surprise. Has balls, plays to win.
PG Rok Stipcevic - average player, if not bellow average
GF Marko Tomas - very good role player, always defers to teammates too much + multiple injuries stopped his development to bonafide star
C Ante Tomic - Big upside, could be great player, great court vision for center - but skinny for center plus young and inexperienced (a Real Madrid 24 year old is young and inexperienced?)
GF Zoran Vrkic - below average player
FC Luka Zoric - true warrior, only capable defender among biggies on this roster. As he doesn't play 40 minutes a game and is only backup, obviously he's on Ben Wallaces level on offence

Fixed it.

Silvio
08-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Fixed it.
Look, kololoco, do you know how many official games Tomic played for Croatia NT? Answer is 6 (six), all six last summer in Turkey. I think he played once at Mediterranean Games, but that's not serious competition, Croatia sends B-team there.

For 5 summers Tomic was told he's too young for NT team. Then suddenly, Croatian coaches, media and partially public says to him he's key player, he's almost savior of the nation in 2010 and now again. I really don't understand it, it is not possible for player to make such a leap. He was visible uncomfortable in Turkey last summer and did many rookie mistakes - combination of inexperience at NT tournaments and too much pressure.

I don't understand why extra talents like Tomic yesterday, Saric today or Hezonja tomorrow are not called for Croatia NT in their early days. OK, if they're too young (physically inferior) to seriously contribute, why not take them as 12th or 11th player to feel atmosphere, to get some minutes in blowout games. Normal way for such players (those big talents, not half-products like Delas or Prostran) should be: end of bench player with 18-19 yrs, backup with 20-21 yrs, starter with 22-23 (unless position is well covered), then key player with 24-25 years old. But for Tomic it was: not in NT 2007-2009, yet expected to be key player in 2010.

pimpekaustas
08-24-2011, 05:55 AM
some people found dontaye's draper twitter page, so we can see how hard he is working on preparations lol "What a night!!!!! London, I will be back! Lol. Especially Whisky Mist and Maddox!!!!" :rolleyes:

kololoco
08-24-2011, 07:14 AM
Look, kololoco, do you know how many official games Tomic played for Croatia NT? Answer is 6 (six), all six last summer in Turkey. I think he played once at Mediterranean Games, but that's not serious competition, Croatia sends B-team there.

For 5 summers Tomic was told he's too young for NT team. Then suddenly, Croatian coaches, media and partially public says to him he's key player, he's almost savior of the nation in 2010 and now again. I really don't understand it, it is not possible for player to make such a leap. He was visible uncomfortable in Turkey last summer and did many rookie mistakes - combination of inexperience at NT tournaments and too much pressure.

I don't understand why extra talents like Tomic yesterday, Saric today or Hezonja tomorrow are not called for Croatia NT in their early days. OK, if they're too young (physically inferior) to seriously contribute, why not take them as 12th or 11th player to feel atmosphere, to get some minutes in blowout games. Normal way for such players (those big talents, not half-products like Delas or Prostran) should be: end of bench player with 18-19 yrs, backup with 20-21 yrs, starter with 22-23 (unless position is well covered), then key player with 24-25 years old. But for Tomic it was: not in NT 2007-2009, yet expected to be key player in 2010.

I agree with everything you said. Big mistake by the previous coaches. Especially since he was not left out of the squad for some premium players. That is what happens when coaches have no guts.

turk-jugoslav
08-26-2011, 10:06 PM
I think Croatia will do nothing in Lithuania.Saric must be in squad but it seems impossible.Croatia is already ordinary team but they have great talents for future like Saric,Hezonja and Mavra... I wonder the Crotian team in 2013-2014.

pimpekaustas
08-27-2011, 04:55 AM
I think Croatia will do nothing in Lithuania.Saric must be in squad but it seems impossible.Croatia is already ordinary team but they have great talents for future like Saric,Hezonja and Mavra... I wonder the Crotian team in 2013-2014.

future world and european champions :cool:

katić, ukić, b žganec, mavra, brzoja, bogdanović, hezonja, tomas, šarić, b barać, zubčić, radošević, k žganec, m arapović, tomić, s barać

Overthetop
08-27-2011, 05:37 AM
How were Bogdanovic and Marko Tomas's performances in the preparation games ?

pohani komarac
08-27-2011, 12:07 PM
bogdanovic was best scorer in most of games, tomas did very good all round jub considering he had problem with injurys

car and vrkic are sent home

final roster:

draper, popovic, stipcevic
bogdanovic, simon
tomas, rudez
markota, andric
tomic, barac, zoric

Silvio
08-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Andric, Luksa 2.10 FC 1985 Galatasaray (TUR)
Barac, Stanko 2.16 C 1986 Anadolu Efes (TUR)
Bogdanovic, Bojan 2.00 GF 1989 Fenerbahçe Ülker (TUR)
Draper, Dontaye 1.80 G 1984 Cedevita
Markota, Damir 2.08 F 1985 Union Olimpija (SLO)
Popovic, Marko 1.85 G 1982 Zalgiris (LTU)
Rudez, Damjan 2.08 F 1986 Cedevita
Simon, Krunoslav 1.97 SG 1985 KK Zagreb
Stipcevic, Rok 1.84 PG 1986 Pallacanestro Varese (ITA)
Tomas, Marko 2.02 GF 1985 Fenerbahçe Ülker (TUR)
Tomic, Ante 2.17 C 1987 Real Madrid (ESP)
Zoric, Luka 2.11 FC 1984 Unicaja Málaga (ESP)

I think it will be

PG Draper 25 / Popovic 15
SG Bogdanovic 15 / Simon 15 / Popovic 10
SF Tomas 25 / Bogdanovic 15
PF Andric 10 / Markota 20 / Zoric 10
C Tomic 25 / Barac 15

Stipcevic, Rudez to play small roles.
Andric seems to be kind of token starter PF. It seems Vrankovic is afraid with Markota (or Rudez) starting along Tomic we are even more vulnerable in paint defense. And with Barac (or Zoric) starting in a pair with Tomic to be too slow . Which is all kind of true ... but that raises question about selection. Fact is Croatia-2011 offensively plays best when Markota & Tomic are on the floor, while defense is sh**ty anyway.

But I maybe wrong, Vrankovic doesn't speak a lot, probably he wants to surprise opponents ... and all of us. At the end he'll probably surprise himself too.

Basketball Owner
08-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Andric, Luksa 2.10 FC 1985 Galatasaray (TUR)
Barac, Stanko 2.16 C 1986 Anadolu Efes (TUR)
Bogdanovic, Bojan 2.00 GF 1989 Fenerbahçe Ülker (TUR)
Draper, Dontaye 1.80 G 1984 Cedevita
Markota, Damir 2.08 F 1985 Union Olimpija (SLO)
Popovic, Marko 1.85 G 1982 Zalgiris (LTU)
Rudez, Damjan 2.08 F 1986 Cedevita
Simon, Krunoslav 1.97 SG 1985 KK Zagreb
Stipcevic, Rok 1.84 PG 1986 Pallacanestro Varese (ITA)
Tomas, Marko 2.02 GF 1985 Fenerbahçe Ülker (TUR)
Tomic, Ante 2.17 C 1987 Real Madrid (ESP)
Zoric, Luka 2.11 FC 1984 Unicaja Málaga (ESP)

I think it will be

PG Draper 25 / Popovic 15
SG Bogdanovic 15 / Simon 15 / Popovic 10
SF Tomas 25 / Bogdanovic 15
PF Andric 10 / Markota 20 / Zoric 10
C Tomic 25 / Barac 15

Stipcevic, Rudez to play small roles.
Andric seems to be kind of token starter PF. It seems Vrankovic is afraid with Markota (or Rudez) starting along Tomic we are even more vulnerable in paint defense. And with Barac (or Zoric) starting in a pair with Tomic to be too slow . Which is all kind of true ... but that raises question about selection. Fact is Croatia-2011 offensively plays best when Markota & Tomic are on the floor, while defense is sh**ty anyway.

But I maybe wrong, Vrankovic doesn't speak a lot, probably he wants to surprise opponents ... and all of us. At the end he'll probably surprise himself too.
That Stipcevic is a joke, right? I mean, I watched game against France. His jumpshot goes in my special category - ugliest jumshot technique in the history of basketball...

His ball handling is also terrible, I think he makes a lot of double dribbles...

Silvio
08-27-2011, 02:42 PM
That Stipcevic is a joke, right? I mean, I watched game against France. His jumpshot goes in my special category - ugliest jumshot technique in the history of basketball...

His ball handling is also terrible, I think he makes a lot of double dribbles...

In Croatia we call him Bob Rock, that's Alan Ford comics character. Besides obvious resemblance, when shooting he releases ball from so low (close to the floor) as he would be short as Bob.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1504/922946-br_large.jpg

Silvio
08-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Vrankovic finally revealed something. Besides usual "Missing Ukic is big handicap" and "top 8 placement and fight for top 6 is our goal".
- Rudez is took over 2 cut SG (Car, Vrkic) despite missing part of preparation due to illness as he can used as big SF, against bigger teams it is not possible to use 3-guards lineup with Simon at 3, and Vrankovic does not want situation were Tomas/Bogdanovic play near 40 minutes.
- We want to build game around our towers Tomic and Barac. So far Barac is not playing good, but we will be patient with him.
- most important thing, roughly translated:
"When coaching club, I have starting 5 ... but at Eurobasket there's 5 games in 6 days. We won't have same starting 5 in each game, you may expect I use 8 different players as starters.

Huh. Zoric, Rudez or Stipcevic (I certainly hope) I don't see starting any of games. Out of other 9 players, 8 should have honor to be on floor at tip-off in at least one game.
It should mean Markota will be starter against teams that have biggies good in outside shooting (like Teletovic or Pero Antic), while Andric (or even Barac) being paired with Tomic against teams that have more inside game.
Why would Popovic or Simon be starters in some games over one of clearly best 1/2/3 Draper/Bogdanovic/Tomas is mystery to me. Perhaps Vrankovic thinks we are lock to progress for next phase and he wants to dose some players' minutes. "5 games in 6 days" part suggests something like it. Might be brilliant move ... more likely will be a boomerang hitting him in the back of the head.

Basketball Owner
08-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Croatia had amazing generation back in '05. I remember you lost to spain in QF. Next year Spaniards won WC in Japan...

nikefalin
08-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Croatia had amazing generation back in '05. I remember you lost to spain in QF. Next year Spaniards won WC in Japan...

don remind our fellow Croats this game....it's the "surgery" of the millenium :) they "had" to lose one way or another . and btw, that team in 2005 was the most efficient and talented since 1995

Silvio
08-29-2011, 01:41 PM

Back then Giricek and Vujcic were at top of their game. Young (then 20 to 23 years) Ukic, Planinic, Tomas and Popovic were already good enough for NT. And we had great coach Spahija that was not afraid to call up youngsters and even give them significant role.

Don't mention that game vs Spain better. You'll get 100 answers. Because referees Lamonica and Drabikovsky robbed Croatia for win in that game. It is not losers being angry, everyone including Spaniards agree with it.

Basketball Owner
08-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Back then Giricek and Vujcic were at top of their game. Young (then 20 to 23 years) Ukic, Planinic, Tomas and Popovic were already good enough for NT. And we had great coach Spahija that was not afraid to call up youngsters and even give them significant role.

Don't mention that game vs Spain better. You'll get 100 answers. Because referees Lamonica and Drabikovsky robbed Croatia for win in that game. It is not losers being angry, everyone including Spaniards agree with it.

Sorry, but now, I must ask :) WTF happened back then??

nikefalin
08-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Sorry, but now, I must ask :) WTF happened back then??

don't ask here. Search this forum for the posts at that time or search youtube to view this game(cro-spain eurobasket 2005). It is not too difficult to understand. im not Croatian, i follow the sport since the early 80's and this is most clinical "surgery" i ve ever seen on any level , from the local minor league games here in greece to the international games.

That Croatian team , with the Serbs disqualified early was capable not only for a medal.

btw , on eurobasket 2007 when teams met at first stage in Sevilla Croatia won creating a big upset.

pimpekaustas
08-29-2011, 04:19 PM
i don't think that roberry was in first place to help spain but rather something even more uglier - not to aloud croatia wining medal (maybe even gold) in the meadle of serbia.

i recall that croatia was only country on this tournament that in opening ceremony didn't have flag couse none of serbian kids wanted to wear croatian dress :D

pivx
08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
i don't think that roberry was in first place to help spain but rather something even more uglier - not to aloud croatia wining medal (maybe even gold) in the meadle of serbia.

i recall that croatia was only country on this tournament that in opening ceremony didn't have flag couse none of serbian kids wanted to wear croatian dress :D

somethink like that. I was at that game and the beoarena was full just because people want to cheer against croatia. Spanish players had no idea whats going on :D

euskadi
08-29-2011, 05:02 PM
somethink like that. I was at that game and the beoarena was full just because people want to cheer against croatia. Spanish players had no idea whats going on :D

hahaha, look on 6:42 how beoarena explode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edD-Wdbr5IE :D

that was first time i cry because of sports :( ( second was wiena 2008. :D )

i am sure, if they alowed us, that we will be champions. our best team since 1996.

pivx
08-29-2011, 05:50 PM
hahaha, look on 6:42 how beoarena explode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edD-Wdbr5IE :D

i am sure, if they alowed us, that we will be champions. our best team since 1996.

Yes i remember this. When we beat croatia for WC ticket we could acctually drink for free there:) But i think that slovenia had better team than croatia that year. Rasho, Bečirovič, Lakovič, Nachbar, Brezec, Milič was at their peak. IMO we had the best team on the championship...

Cro-Tur in wiena 08 was the biggest triller in history of sports if you ask me. Cibona-Partizan 2010 NLB finals is close:) But i probably cried more times than you because of our basketball NT :)

pimpekaustas
08-29-2011, 06:26 PM
well, maybe this will sound like selfpitying, but only two european bball powers that don't have their loby are slovenija and croatia :D there is serbian loby, greek loby, nowadays turkish loby :D no wonder we are such a loosers

turk-jugoslav
08-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Yes i remember this. When we beat croatia for WC ticket we could acctually drink for free there:) But i think that slovenia had better team than croatia that year. Rasho, Bečirovič, Lakovič, Nachbar, Brezec, Milič was at their peak. IMO we had the best team on the championship...

Cro-Tur in wiena 08 was the biggest triller in history of sports if you ask me. Cibona-Partizan 2010 NLB finals is close:) But i probably cried more times than you because of our basketball NT :)

Croatia-Turkey in 2008 was a big tragedy for Croats.I turned off television after Croatia had scored and I heard some voices from streets and I backed to television and saw the tragedia:D
Croatia has not extra players.There are good players but I suspect that they can play toughly or critic moments of the dangerous matches.I am excited for the future of Croatian basketball because of young talents but I believe this squad is better than 2010

Basketball Owner
08-29-2011, 07:11 PM

Man, what a robbery. I also cried when I saw that. Can't believe that happened at that level. I didn't know that fiba europe is in such a mess. When I see this things, I think about boycotting Eurobasket, even on my website. I could tell my croatian colleague to write an article about this.

Man, that Croatia really doesn't have luck in basketball. First Drazen, this...

Silvio
08-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Geez. I see there's new posts, happy topic is finally alive. Then I see last 10 posts :mad:
7 posts about Croatia NT 2005
2 1/2 posts about Croatia soccer NT 2008 :eek:
1/2 post about Croatia NT 2011 (turk-jugoslav)

Topic name is Croatia NT 2011

Silvio
08-31-2011, 08:01 PM
uh, good post but little bit to pesimistic

Too pessimistic? If not for great Bogdanovic, we would lose to freaking Finland.

nikefalin
08-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Too pessimistic? If not for great Bogdanovic, we would lose to freaking Finland.

Bogda hit 6/8 3pts rest of the team 3/16

NorCal
08-31-2011, 08:37 PM

I watched this a few months ago and just watched it again now. It is the only crucial basketball game that I can remember with worse refereeing than the Kings-Lakers series in 2002.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Some of the media in Slovenia are reporting that Barać and Stipčević were in a fight that is obviously still affecting the team. Is that true?

euskadi
09-01-2011, 09:23 PM
like that word that you wiped. because that what they are.... It's not really pleasant for me to be editing every second post out there, so if you could do me a favour... thank you.
JPF
:D all of them

Silvio
09-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Some of the media in Slovenia are reporting that Barać and Stipčević were in a fight that is obviously still affecting the team. Is that true?

Some Lithuanian reporter tweeted there was fight at pratice ... but Croatian journalists present at practice said that there was only pushing and words were exchanged.
In post-game interview today Markota said something happened, but that such clashes happen often at practices. When asked about details, he avoided answer saying at that exact moment he was at toilette - and all he knows is hear-say. Smart lie.

So, probably nothing ... but to be sure we would need insider info ... which I don't have.

On a side note, Marko Tomas sit out last few minutes of the game. Judging by his body talk and reporters thinking he was saying "why me again" to himself, it could be serious. But nothing official yet.

pimpekaustas
09-01-2011, 10:18 PM
barać in a fight buahaha, he couldn't beat my grandmother :confused:

...same as above... thank you
JPF

pohani komarac
09-01-2011, 10:30 PM
markota said he didn't see thing because he was drinking wather in toilete:D:D:D:D
barac vs stipcevic. damm, i wish i saw that

Daywalker989
09-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Ukic very big lose for Crotia pg

pimpekaustas
09-01-2011, 10:48 PM
ok, now we have two years time :D for complete renovation. from this selection only bogdanović, ukić, tomas and tomić can stay.

pimpekaustas
09-02-2011, 09:19 AM
marko tomas oficially out of eurobasket :(

sambaras
09-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Why?Do you know how long he will be out?

gockun
09-02-2011, 11:50 AM

how long?

pohani komarac
09-02-2011, 11:58 AM
For EB is lost for sure, don't know rest

pohani komarac
09-05-2011, 08:53 PM
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/hks_smjene/

petition for danko radic to leave from our basketball federation

gockun
09-05-2011, 08:55 PM
is there any possibility Neven Spahija take the team again? who are the candidates?

benicense
09-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Big surprise Croatia is already out. I am sorry for you, Croatians. Wish you better results for the next time!

madmax
09-06-2011, 12:10 PM
surprising and sad to see a traditional european basketball powerhouse sinking deeper and deeper into abyss of irrelevance...I hope you guys get rid of any cancer that is poisoning your basketball and come back with a bang next Eurobasket. You are too talented to struggle like that

Mojado
09-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Leaving Loncar and Banic out of the NT backfired on Vrankovic. :D

Overthetop
09-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Marko Tomas is out for 2 months. That's here with details;

http://www.potaforum.net/fenerbahcede-marko-tomas-soku-t40039.html?

twilost
09-06-2011, 08:45 PM
First Tomic should come to Fener, then Spahija should be the coach of NT, then Crotia for favorites of EB13.
:)

pohani komarac
09-06-2011, 10:10 PM
first Spahija needs to get his bold head out of Danko Radic ass

i understand Danko helped him to raise his carer from bottom when he couldn't get job in Svjetlost Brod. But there is no law in world that stops him from from breaking contract with "devil....or maybe his dark history is bit to complicated for him to do so even now when he doesn't need help from Radic;)

Radic will surley try play on "Spahija card" to come the public and pretty much if he does that Spahija will change his mind when he said he will never coach Croatian NT again;)

"hey ya Nevene, do you remeber how Sesar kicked you out of Cibona, how you couldn't get job in Svjetlost? Do yo remeber days with Pipan? do yo remeber your days in military? Now it's time for you to get me a favor, get me some pice from evil Croats who wannt me to leave from my president seat! It will be just like good old days, you, me and Jablan, grat xl trio from Sibenik. We will promote, sell and trade players like in good old days and we will get lot of provision (in his head buhahaha, me most haha) so I can build hotels and castles

I just wannt to cry:(

damelo
09-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Why Barac is back up to Tomic. Although Tomic is very talented, and efficient scorer, I do think Barac has the tools to do a better job. He was very efficient taking over Vitoria's paint last season.

pohani komarac
09-06-2011, 10:23 PM
http://static.nacional.hr/img/a5633b3006d5a596c50f8b0b2f900e7c_medium.jpg

in 2007 our dear Danko Radic selld this, apartment that he built with ref pay:cool:

damn, I should be ref:cool:

pohani komarac
09-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Why Barac is back up to Tomic. Although Tomic is very talented, and efficient scorer, I do think Barac has the tools to do a better job. He was very efficient taking over Vitoria's paint last season.

lot of things were wrong, but nor important until untucheble elkomadante leavs with his company

WirelessBrain
09-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Not selecting Banic in the squad and selecting the wood Barac who has just name but no basketball intelligence was the key for me why they were that rubbish in all matches which they`ve played.Eventhough Banic plays power forward, he and all the other big guys could do it better than with him as center.Also they couldn`t afford to pick Markota over Loncar, it`s simple as that.This are just two reasons and there are much more...

pimpekaustas
09-07-2011, 04:53 AM
perasović said he is interested to be coach of croatia