PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Nike Hoop Summit

ultimate_baller24
01-25-2011, 12:32 PM
2011 Nike Hoop Summit U.S. Roster Announced

(From our friends at USA Basketball)

COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO. (Jan. 16, 2011) - Featuring four, two-time gold medalists and eight gold medal winners overall, USA Basketball today announced the 10 players and coaching staff for the 2011 USA Junior National Select Team, which will compete against the World Select Team in the 2011 Nike Hoop Summit at 7:00 p.m. (PDT) on Saturday, April 9 at the Rose Garden in Portland Oregon.

The Nike Hoop Summit, the country’s premier annual basketball game for high-school age boys, features America’s elite, young athletes playing against a World Select Team comprised of top international players 19-years-old or younger.

Leading the way for the USA will be four players who helped the USA to gold at both the 2009 FIBA Americas U16 Championship and the 2010 FIBA U17 World Championship, including 2010 FIBA U17 World Championship MVP Brad Beal (Chaminade College Prep/St. Louis, Mo.), Quinn Cook (Oak Hill Academy/Bowie, Md.), James McAdoo (Norfolk Christian/ Norfolk, Va.) and Adonis Thomas (Melrose H.S./Cordova, Tenn.).

The USA Junior National Select team also features 2010 USA U17 gold medalists Michael Gilchrist (St. Patrick H.S./Somerdale, N.J.), Marquis Teague (Pike H.S./Indianapolis, Ind.) and Tony Wroten (Garfield H.S./Seattle, Wash.), as well as Austin Rivers (Winter Park H.S./Winter Park, Fla.), who helped lead the USA to a gold medal in the 2010 FIBA Americas U18 Championship.

Rounding out the roster are USA Basketball newcomers Rakeem Christmas (Academy of the New Church/Philadelphia, Pa.) and Anthony Davis (Perspectives Charter/Chicago, Ill.).

The USA will be led by Kevin Sutton, who is in his eighth season as head coach at Montverde Academy in Florida. Sutton has three times served as a USA assistant coach, including the 2009 USA U16 and 2010 USA U17 national teams. He owns a 15-3 record (.833 winning percentage) with the red, white and blue.

“I’m truly honored,” Sutton said. “I’ve been associated with USA Basketball for several years now. My most recent tenure was over the last two years with the U16 and U17 teams, so I’m very familiar with the players that have been selected for this team. USA Basketball really has strengthened the developmental program, and having several players back from those teams will enable us to build upon a camaraderie that’s already been established.

“I have watched past Nike Hoop Summits and I’ve seen a lot of international basketball the past few summers, and that has enabled me to be more of a student of the game,” Sutton continued. “I know that the game will feature a tremendous amount of talent, and it will be very competitive.”

Sutton will be assisted by first-time USA coach Kevin Boyle, who is in his 22nd season as head coach at St. Patrick High School (N.J.), where he currently features USA team member Gilchrist on his roster.

Tickets for the 14th annual Nike Hoop Summit are now on sale, with reserved courtside seats priced $25 and $50 and all other general admission tickets $6 in advance and $10 on game day. Tickets can be purchased through the Rose Quarter Ticket Office, by calling 877-789-ROSE (7673) or by visiting www.rosequarter.com. Additionally, the game will be broadcast nationally by Fox Sports Net and its regional affiliates.

CKR13
02-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Kyle Wiltjer Invited to Play in Nike Hoop Summit (http://www.nationofblue.com/kyle-wiltjer-invited-play-nike-hoop-summit-5092/)

Kentucky Wildcats bound Wiltjer will play on the 2011 World Select Team

pohani komarac
02-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Dario Saric invited

pasha
02-26-2011, 08:24 PM
I think the world team this year will be very very good. Especially the front court could be loaded as hell with Enes Kanter, Valanciunas, Lucas Riva, Kyle Wiltjer...

thespywhozaggedme
02-28-2011, 05:55 AM
I think the world team this year will be very very good. Especially the front court could be loaded as hell with Enes Kanter, Valanciunas, Lucas Riva, Kyle Wiltjer...

Kanter played in it last year, he can't play again.

pohani komarac
02-28-2011, 02:03 PM
i doubt rytas will let valenciunas play, they didn't let him last year

mbenga
02-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Kanter played in it last year, he can't play again.

Are you sure? Ajinca played in 2007 and 2008, and i guess Fotsis also did it twice back in the day.

Valanciunas of course is out of the question.

NorCal
03-01-2011, 12:10 AM
I like the American team this year. This high school senior class has better prospects than the last couple of classes. Gilcrhist, Beal, McAdoo, Rivers, Davis are all very impressive although Rivers (the #1 prospect in the class according to most scouts) can get a little out of control with the contested 3 ptrs sometimes.

Plus, a number of them already have experience at last years World Championships and FIBA Americas championships so that should help.

JGX
03-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Plus, a number of them already have experience at last years World Championships and FIBA Americas championships so that should help.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how big of an advantage it is that most of them played together on the U-17 team last year.

ultimate_baller24
03-02-2011, 05:08 AM
Bobby ray parks jr. 6'4'' 18y.o might play for the International select team in this year's edition of Nike Hoop Summit,he was part of the All-International Select team(M-5) in Nike Global Challenge in Oregon last year..

* Kevin Pangos (Canada)
* Kyle Wiltjer (Canada)
* Lucas Nogueira (Brazil)
* Bobby Parks (Asia)
* Benjamin John (France/INSEP)

mbenga
03-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Nothing new about the world roster yet?

CKR13
03-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Nothing new about the world roster yet?

Still no updates on the site's World Select Roster.

http://www.nikehoopsummit.com/nhs_rosters.htm

pohani komarac
03-19-2011, 08:52 AM
so far known saric, karnowski, ponitka

sagenas
03-19-2011, 02:51 PM
so far known saric, karnowski, ponitka

Nogueira, Miljenovic,

pasha
03-20-2011, 06:37 PM
According to Draftexpress and eurohopes these players will play for the international team
Przemyslaw Karnowski, Mateusz Ponitka, Lucas Nogueira, Nenad Miljenovic, Dario Saric, Myck Kabongo, Bismack Biyombo and Evan Fournier.

So 8 players and 2 slots remaining. I hope Enes Kanter will play too. This years team is definitely a lot better than last years.

sinobball
03-21-2011, 12:48 PM
According to Draftexpress and eurohopes these players will play for the international team
Przemyslaw Karnowski, Mateusz Ponitka, Lucas Nogueira, Nenad Miljenovic, Dario Saric, Myck Kabongo, Bismack Biyombo and Evan Fournier.

So 8 players and 2 slots remaining. I hope Enes Kanter will play too. This years team is definitely a lot better than last years.As mentioned above, Kyle Wiltjer (Canada) gets one slot. The last slot goes to Asia traditionally. They invited Guo Ailun from China but he turned it down.

pohani komarac
03-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Kyle Wiltjer F 6'10'' 221 1991 Canada Jesuit HS (Portland, OR)
Dario Saric F 6'9'' 190 1994 Croatia KK Dubrava Zagreb
Davis Bertans F 6'7'' 205 1992 Latvia Union Olimpija Jr. Team
Mateusz Ponitka G 6'5'' 190 1993 Poland AZS Politechnika
Kevin Pangos G 6'1'' 178 1993 Canada Dr.Denison HS (Ont)
Evan Fornier G 6'6'' 185 1992 France Union Poitiers
Raul Togni Neto G 6'2'' 195 1992 Brazil Pitagoras Minas Tennis Club
Lucas Riva Nogueira C 7'0'' 225 1992 Brazil Estudiantes
Przemyslaw Karnowski C 7'0'' 269 1993 Poland Sport School Cetniewo

ultimate_baller24
03-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Nenad Miljenovic is still waiting for the FMP confirmation to participate to the nike hoop summit.

serbianhoops
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Canadian U19 NT will be one of the main favorite for the gold at the World Championship in Latvia. Canada has two players selected for the Nike Hoop Summit (PG Pangos 6'1 1993 and F Witljer 6'9 1992) and two players selected for the Jordan Brand Classic Regional Game (C Birch 6'9 1992 & PG Kabongo 6'2 1992). And also many other top prospects such as Sim Bhullar (C 7'5), Anthony Benett (PF 6'6 1993) and maybe Stefan Jankovic (SF 6'10 1993)

ultimate_baller24
03-22-2011, 03:21 PM
As mentioned above, Kyle Wiltjer (Canada) gets one slot. The last slot goes to Asia traditionally. They invited Guo Ailun from China but he turned it down.

hoping it Will be Bobby Parks Jr. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3HJl0vBGH4):D

sinobball
03-22-2011, 08:22 PM
hoping it Will be Bobby Parks Jr. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3HJl0vBGH4):D
pohani komarac posted the official roster above, there were only 9 players compared to the usual 10. I don't know if Nenad Miljenovic is the 10th player. Maybe they'll just go with 9.

carlo
03-22-2011, 08:51 PM
In the USA Basketball site it is stated that "additions are expected before the game".

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/hoopsummit/world_select_team_roster_annou_2011_03_21.html

carlo
03-23-2011, 08:13 PM
An interesting coverage of some of the World Team selected players can be found here:

http://www.europeanprospects.com/tournaments/2011/nike-hoop-summit/nike-hoop-summit-2011-roster-announced/#more-2553

Biggest missing European players (if not added later on) are E Kanter, J Valanciunas, N Miljenovic and A Gentile.

pohani komarac
03-23-2011, 09:52 PM
pohani komarac posted the official roster above, there were only 9 players compared to the usual 10. I don't know if Nenad Miljenovic is the 10th player. Maybe they'll just go with 9.

miljenovic has problems with covic, owner of FMP

ultimate_baller24
03-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Guo Ailun Declines Invite to Nike Hoop Summit - Mar 25, 2011 (by Arthur Volbert)
Chinese basketball authorities caused Guo Ailun (193-G-93), Liaoning's outstanding young point guard, to turn down an invitation to the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland, Oregon on April 9. They said it would clash with the U19 national team closed-door training session, held at the end of March in Beijing. The team is preparing for the 2011 FIBA U19 World Championship in June. It is disappointing that we will not be able to see Guo perform against his peers in the Nike all-star game. But China has hopes of gaining its first world basketball medal in a FIBA championship.

Guo, as a guard, would be at a disadvantage in an all-star meet with teammates from Europe and South America because of communication problems. The Chinese style of play is not geared for all-star games which require much more selfish individualism than the Chinese wish to encourage. Chinese authorities do not wish to risk that Guo would be injured in this game. Given his performance in the World U-17 competition last year, Guo has nothing to prove about his capabilities. So we must wait until June to see how Guo fares against international competitors, in a setting more suited to his skill-set, training and ability to communicate with his teammates.

wardjdim
03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
As always, this is a very thin World Select team

Given the fact that (under normal conditions) the frontcourt could be led by the likes of Vesely, Kanter, Mirotic and Valanciunas or the fact that the 16-year old Saric might be their most talented offensive player, this is the poorest team maybe in years..

serbianhoops
03-29-2011, 11:22 PM
A thin World Select Team only if Miljenovic don't come. With him playing point guard, everything changes. He has that ability to create space and open shoots for his team mates. I really hope he will be allowed to play.

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2011, 05:29 AM
As always, this is a very thin World Select team

Given the fact that (under normal conditions) the frontcourt could be led by the likes of Vesely, Kanter, Mirotic and Valanciunas or the fact that the 16-year old Saric might be their most talented offensive player, this is the poorest team maybe in years..

Couldn't disagree more, Noguiera is a flat out stud; a bigger, more offensively gifted Nene at the same age. Wiltjer is possibly the best sf in the world for his age group, Nieto and Pangos can bit score and have amazing court vision and Saric is a very gifted player. I actually think this is one of the better World teams in quite some rime.

raph
03-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Fournier is also a really gifted player, most likely the best prospect we have in years for the backcourt(since batum i'd say , and fournier is already able to do a lot more things than what nico could do at his age). I would not be surprised if he was kicking de colo out of the nt in the middle term.
There are some big names for this generation that are missing, but this generation is one of the deepest for europe in years imo

serbianhoops
04-03-2011, 04:33 PM
It's now official, Nenad Miljenovic ('93) won't play at the Nike Hoop Summit :mad:

sinobball
04-04-2011, 12:35 PM
It's now official, Nenad Miljenovic ('93) won't play at the Nike Hoop Summit :mad:
I read the 10th players is Bismack Biyombo (http://forums.interbasket.net/f26/bismack-biyombo-the-new-sensation-from-15576/).

Update: Guo Ailun's name is also on the official site as of now.
http://www.nikehoopsummit.com/nhs_rosters.htm

carlo
04-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Guo Ailun and Bismack Biyombo added to the World's Select Team, as officially confirmed by USAB as well.

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/hoopsummit/world_select_team_finalized_fo_2011_04_04.html

The World's team will therefore have one player more than the USA roster.

elaj
04-05-2011, 09:20 AM
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2011-Nike-Hoop-Summit-International-Measurements-3661

Biyombo's wingspan is just crazy... :eek:

pohani komarac
04-05-2011, 09:53 AM
LOL...that's not hands:eek::D:eek:

planaria
04-05-2011, 08:08 PM
I think USA will won due the team chemistry, since most of these players are playing together for the NT since 2009.

But the north-americans will be blocked a LOT with a frontcourt of Nogueira and Biyombo... :D

CKR13
04-06-2011, 01:58 AM
Raul Neto also sighted.

CKR13
04-06-2011, 04:03 AM
2011 Nike Hoop Summit: International Measurements (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2011-Nike-Hoop-Summit-International-Measurements-3661)

GTAHOOPS
04-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Coach Roy Rana has done a lot in his coaching career, but being appointed the coach of the Nike Summit team is one he'll cherish amongst his long resume.

Check out the interview with Roy Rana on Oregon Live

//t.co/h0G0Nz7[/url]

DarknessFalls
04-09-2011, 11:42 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/2011-nike-hoop-summit-practice-report

World Select Team

This year’s international roster lacks the big names that past few rosters have had (Donatas Motiejunas in 2009 and Enes Kanter in 2010), but does feature a number of intriguing NBA prospects. I caught their Wednesday practice, which was not only very intense, but very organized as well. The coaches and the players seem extremely committed to winning Saturday’s game, which is consistent with what we’ve seen over the last few years. They started off with warm-ups and stretching, before moving on to several drills and then finally, an intersquad scrimmage. Here’s a brief summary on what I witnessed of some of the notable players.

Lucas Nogueira - Lucas "Bebe" Nogueira has a lot of first round hype surrounding him, so there's little doubt that many scouts have been keeping a close eye on him. Throughout Wednesday's practice, he seemed to lose himself more than anybody else. He had trouble understanding the drills and he didn't connect on very many of his jump shot attempts. Defensively, he found himself overmatched by the likes of 7'1" 279 lbs Przemyslaw Karnowski and 6'9" 243 lbs Bismack Biyombo. Nogueira still has a lot of weight to gain. He only clocked in at 218 lbs and he has trouble defending in the post due to his chicken legs. That's troublesome for a player projected to play the center position in the NBA. However, he is still young and shows signs of promise. Nogueira is a legit 7'0" in shoes with a 7'6" wingspan. His length combined with his athleticism and instincts makes him a great shot blocker with a lot more potential in this area. He even surprised me by making several sharp passes to his teammates in the scrimmages. The US squad doesn't have any players with the size of Biyombo or Karnowski, so Nogueira could have an easier time scoring during Saturday's matchup.

Przemyslaw Karnowski - Karnowski was an absolute monster in practice. He's a poor athlete, but that didn't prevent him from throwing down some backboard-straining dunks. Nobody was able to keep his 7'1" 279 lbs frame from establishing position in the post. Despite being matched up against better athletes, Karnowski had his way down low. He also showcased his jump shot, knocking down several shots from around 18 feet. Defensively he had no trouble against Nogueira and Biyombo, and he showed good shot blocking ability. Still, his foot speed will definitely be a concern against a player like Anthony Davis. He'll be an interesting player to watch on Saturday.

Bismack Biyombo - No international player is getting more buzz these days than Bismack Biyombo. That could be because of his recent measurements (6'9" in shoes, 243 lbs with less than 5% body fat and an outrageous 7'7" wingspan), or it could just be because people like saying his name (I certainly do). Biyombo didn't showcase much of an offensive game on Wednesday, but he did bring a lot of energy to the practice. The athletic big-man showed a lot of toughness and activity on defense. He also boxed out and rebounded very well. Oregon Live Interview and footage.

Kyle Wiltjer - The future Kentucky Wildcat showcased the kind of potential he has. Though it was a relatively quiet practice for him, he shot the ball well from the perimeter and had some very nice moves in the post. Wiltjer has great footwork and an impressive touch around the rim. He's also a solid ball-handler and passer. Wiltjer is a very smart forward who should be an impact player in Saturday's game.

Dario Saric - Saric is the youngest player in the Nike Hoops Summit this year (1994 born), but he doesn't play like it. Dario is a prolific outside shooter with a very versatile and well-rounded game. He has good ball-handling and passing ability. Saric needs to continue to add weight, but he has plenty of time for that.

Davis Bertans - Bertans is a forward with excellent length and perimeter skills. He assumed a leadership role and was directing the players through their stretching routine. Bertans shot the ball well and played tough defense. He showed during the drills that he can really shoot the ball well when coming off of screens due to his excellent form and footwork. His ability to play the small forward position at 6’10” will interest a lot of NBA teams.

Guo Ailun - Guo might have been the highlight of the practice. During the drills he showed off his excellent ball-handling and shooting skills. Coming off screens, his midrange game was automatic. During the scrimmage, he would penetrate into the lane -- bouncing around his defenders like a billiard ball with his 6'4" frame -- and set his teammates up for easy shots. Guo is also a scrappy defender. He competed hard the entire scrimmage and really showed that he belonged on the team.

Kevin Pangos - The future Gonzaga Bulldog had a very solid practice. He showcased his strong shooting ability and his overall craftiness offensively. Pangos should get plenty of playing time for the international team on Saturday.

CKR13
04-10-2011, 12:45 AM
2011 NIKE Hoop Summit Individual Player Reports (http://www.nbadraft.net/2011-nike-hoop-summit-practice-report)

On Guo Ailun, the seventh Chinese player to suit up for the Hoop Summit.

Guo Ailun - Guo might have been the highlight of the practice. During the drills he showed off his excellent ball-handling and shooting skills. Coming off screens, his midrange game was automatic. During the scrimmage, he would penetrate into the lane -- bouncing around his defenders like a billiard ball with his 6'4" frame -- and set his teammates up for easy shots. Guo is also a scrappy defender. He competed hard the entire scrimmage and really showed that he belonged on the team.

rikhardur
04-10-2011, 12:49 AM
If you don't mind me asking sinobball, what's Guo's ethnicity?

DarknessFalls
04-10-2011, 02:20 AM
If you don't mind me asking sinobball, what's Guo's ethnicity?

Chinese?

The game is on right now and the commentators were having a hard time figuring out his name lol. One of them was like, when he was introduced it was "Ailun Guo" but when he introduced himself he said "Guo Ailun". I guess they don't know it's surname first.

CKR13
04-10-2011, 02:54 AM
Looking at the practice session videos, I am impressed with the physique of Bismack Biyombo.

rikhardur
04-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Chinese?
There are many ethnicities in China. I just find his name curious.

DarknessFalls
04-10-2011, 03:10 AM
At halftime, USA: 42 - World: 31.

Federoy
04-10-2011, 03:16 AM
This game seems to mirror past encounters between the USA and World Team; the US backcourt play dictating the flow of the game with deflections and steals while the World Team's size and ball movement are keeping the game from getting out of reach. The World Team must limit its turnovers and continue to play inside/out basketball if they have any chance of winning.

DarknessFalls
04-10-2011, 03:18 AM
There are many ethnicities in China. I just find his name curious.

well I don't think anyone has pointed out so far that he's any different than Han. Apparently, the surname Guo is also one of the most common as well.

rikhardur
04-10-2011, 03:25 AM
well I don't think anyone has pointed out so far that he's any different than Han. Apparently, the surname Guo is also one of the most common as well.
OK, he's Han then, just wanted to know :)

Game's live here (http://www.fibatv.com/page/fibaLive/0,,12805~633075,00.html) btw.

CKR13
04-10-2011, 03:55 AM
Currently with 2:29 remaining on the fourth quarter:

USA 86 World 70

rikhardur
04-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Looking at the practice session videos, I am impressed with the physique of Bismack Biyombo.
He has such long arms too... It's insane. One more block and he'd have a triple-double. Great display for him. USA wins.

CKR13
04-10-2011, 04:07 AM
He has such long arms too... It's insane. One more block and he'd have a triple-double. Great display for him. USA wins.

I am impressed with Biyombo on this tourney. His upside is remarkable. Future is bright for the young bigman wherever he decides to play.

pohani komarac
04-10-2011, 04:12 AM
this us team is scarry with talent, much more talented than one that was beten by macvan and moteijunas. world team looked totaly lost. that australian coach set game much better for world. biyombo dosen't waste inch of his "arms":D

Federoy
04-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Biyombo = Monster

wardjdim
04-10-2011, 05:49 AM
I didn't watch it, but I was from the beginning definite about the very poor World squad, talent-wise

Anyway... I found these stats online. http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/-517383061368775260/live-chat-recap-the-2011-nike-hoop-summit/

World Team Final Stats: Bismack Biyombo 12pts, 11rebs, 10blks, 2ast; Mateusz Ponitka 17pts, 4rebs; Kyle Wiltjer 12pts, 0rebs; Evan Fournier 6pts, 6rebs; Kevin Pangos 6pts, 2ast; Bebe 4pts, 6rebs; Guo Ailun 4pts; Davis Bertans 8pts; Dario Saric 7pts; Raul Togni Neto 4pts, 4ast; Przemyslaw Karnowski 0pts, 0rebs, 2ast

Team USA Final Stats: Austin Rivers 20pts, 2rebs, 0ast; Anthony Davis 16pts, 10rebs, 2blks; Michael Gilchrist 16pts, 5rebs, 5blks; Quinn Cook 12pts, 3ast; Bradley Beal 8pts, 4rebs, 3ast; James McAdoo 6pts, 7rebs; Marquis Teague 6pts, 4rebs, 3ast; Rakeem Christmas 2pts, 4rebs, 2blks; Adonis Thomas 2pts, 2blks; Tony Wroten 4pts, 5ast, 2stls

If this is true, then Biyombo's triple double (again, if this is an accurate recap) would be the first one ever over there. And would that make him a potent lottery pick? If all this is true, then this kid is right there with the biggest jump ever from full anonimity to becoming a millionaire within only weeks. I am going to be very interested in reading the buyout clause on his contract with Fuenlabrada indeed.. Oh, and by the way, how possible is for him to get the Spanish passport and thus Spain to have him along with Mirotic and Ibaka? :D

Khalid80
04-10-2011, 07:46 AM
I didn't watch it, but I was from the beginning definite about the very poor World squad, talent-wise

Anyway... I found these stats online. http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/-517383061368775260/live-chat-recap-the-2011-nike-hoop-summit/

World Team Final Stats: Bismack Biyombo 12pts, 11rebs, 10blks, 2ast;

If this is true, then Biyombo's triple double (again, if this is an accurate recap) would be the first one ever over there. And would that make him a potent lottery pick? If all this is true, then this kid is right there with the biggest jump ever from full anonimity to becoming a millionaire within only weeks. I am going to be very interested in reading the buyout clause on his contract with Fuenlabrada indeed.. Oh, and by the way, how possible is for him to get the Spanish passport and thus Spain to have him along with Mirotic and Ibaka? :D

From being a nobody playing in Yemen 2 years ago and getting discovered there by coach Mario Palma, getting the chance to play in the ACB, and now this kind of performance in the Nike Hoop Summit.... This is truly amazing for this young talented kid with awesome physical measurements. I really hope he gets the chance to get drafted in the NBA where he can continue working on developing his skills and as mentioned in the thread created for him (thanks to Rik) (http://forums.interbasket.net/f26/bismack-biyombo-the-new-sensation-from-15576/)
I also agree with Costa AKA Vissera that we could be seeing the next Ibaka V2....

sagenas
04-10-2011, 08:42 AM

World Team Final Stats: Bismack Biyombo 12pts, 11rebs, 10blks, 2ast; Mateusz Ponitka 17pts, 4rebs; Kyle Wiltjer 12pts, 0rebs; Evan Fournier 6pts, 6rebs; Kevin Pangos 6pts, 2ast; Bebe 4pts, 6rebs; Guo Ailun 4pts; Davis Bertans 8pts; Dario Saric 7pts; Raul Togni Neto 4pts, 4ast; Przemyslaw Karnowski 0pts, 0rebs, 2ast

Team USA Final Stats: Austin Rivers 20pts, 2rebs, 0ast; Anthony Davis 16pts, 10rebs, 2blks; Michael Gilchrist 16pts, 5rebs, 5blks; Quinn Cook 12pts, 3ast; Bradley Beal 8pts, 4rebs, 3ast; James McAdoo 6pts, 7rebs; Marquis Teague 6pts, 4rebs, 3ast; Rakeem Christmas 2pts, 4rebs, 2blks; Adonis Thomas 2pts, 2blks; Tony Wroten 4pts, 5ast, 2stls

I've read one article that Fuenlabrada will release him because "they don't need player who puts Nike Hoop Summit in front of team"...as I've read, he decided to leave for this game on his own without permission of team so as they say, they don't need him then.

wardjdim
04-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I've read one article that Fuenlabrada will release him because "they don't need player who puts Nike Hoop Summit in front of team"...as I've read, he decided to leave for this game on his own without permission of team so as they say, they don't need him then.

This is very interesting. Do you have a link for that?

pasha
04-10-2011, 10:31 AM
The guards of the world team were very bad. They also didnt have any post player. With Kabongo and Kanter instead of Pangos and Karnowski the world team would have been so so much better.

pohani komarac
04-10-2011, 12:35 PM
The guards of the world team were very bad. They also didnt have any post player. With Kabongo and Kanter instead of Pangos and Karnowski the world team would have been so so much better.

well it's usual that guards world have problems with american players, but it's actuall usual domination of ceters that world was left out. no back to basket game at all. only biyombo was guy who could play. his defensive potetial is insane. tough he does look like man among boys. But Ponitka, Fournier, Guo and perhaps Neto could be OK NBA players from guards. One of best guard crop from world team.

Bebe looked totally confused on court, he remind me of Zubcic, Milicic, Lampe etc. Really doesn't know how to play, where to be on court and put his abiliys on court. One play where Saric waited full secend and more for him to cut (didn't happen) showed how much he lacks of understanding and feal for game. Will took a lot of time till he picks up his game

Anway this US generation is scary with talent. There are sevrel players that could become All-Star players. Unlike usuall display of athletic abilitys from most of players lot of guys here realy knows how to play

Karanowski is just ok euro prospect

pohani komarac
04-10-2011, 12:42 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ian_thomsen/04/10/nike.hoop.summit/index.html#ixzz1J6A8nClS

sagenas
04-10-2011, 02:26 PM
This is very interesting. Do you have a link for that?

I've read that in Lithuanian web site so only Lithuanian source

http://www.basketnews.lt/news-38401-komandos-treniruotes-i-nike-hoop-summit-turnyra-iskeites-jaunasis-talentas-bus-atleistas.html

stuart
04-11-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.interbasket.net/news/7769/2011/04/austin-riverss-20-points-leads-usa-over-world-biyombos-triple-double/

Stuart

guilherme.rcf
04-11-2011, 09:52 PM
I was expecting more from the brazilian players.

CBerman
04-12-2011, 07:32 PM
I was at the Hoop Summit all week for the practices and the game.

We've posted a bunch of videos on our site and youtube channel. Here are some links:

Article on Bismack Biyombo plus video:
http://www.netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/archives/bismack-biyombo-world-sensation-at-the-nike-hoop-summit/

Article on the game: http://www.netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/archives/usa-uses-athleticism-to-top-world-in-nike-hoop-summit/

World Team Preview with Video: http://www.netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/archives/nike-hoop-summit-preview-world-team/

USA Team Preview with Video: http://www.netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/archives/2011-nike-hoop-summit-usa-team-preview/

we have about 40 videos posted here: http://www.youtube.com/user/netscoutsbasketball

If anyone has any player questions feel free to write. Thanks!

sinobball
04-12-2011, 07:43 PM
I've read that in Lithuanian web site so only Lithuanian source

http://www.basketnews.lt/news-38401-komandos-treniruotes-i-nike-hoop-summit-turnyra-iskeites-jaunasis-talentas-bus-atleistas.htmlI've also read this from an American source a few weeks ago. But guess it matters little now, he's projected a lottery pick and will be in the NBA next year. If worst case scenario = Ibaka you know he is a gem. Although he could turn out to be like the other Africans who shined in Hoop Summit, Saer Sene, Olumide Oyedeji....

NorCal
04-12-2011, 08:14 PM
I was at the Hoop Summit all week for the practices and the game.

We've posted a bunch of videos on our site and youtube channel. Here are some links:

Article on Bismack Biyombo plus video:
http://www.netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/archives/bismack-biyombo-world-sensation-at-the-nike-hoop-summit/

Article on the game: http://www.netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/archives/usa-uses-athleticism-to-top-world-in-nike-hoop-summit/

World Team Preview with Video: http://www.netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/archives/nike-hoop-summit-preview-world-team/

USA Team Preview with Video: http://www.netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/archives/2011-nike-hoop-summit-usa-team-preview/

we have about 40 videos posted here: http://www.youtube.com/user/netscoutsbasketball

If anyone has any player questions feel free to write. Thanks!

Hi CBerman, I'm a big fan of this event but was unable to watch it this year. Thanks for providing the videos. I just wanted to ask for your general impressions of some of the players, in particular Bradley Beal, Davis Bertans and Guo Ailun.
Also, from what I've read, Davis, Gilchrist, Rivers and Biyombo were the most impressive, who impressed you?

sinobball
04-13-2011, 06:21 PM
If you don't mind me asking sinobball, what's Guo's ethnicity?If you don't mind me asking what ethnicity did you think he was? I was checking the Euroleague all-time roster the other day and I found some Israeli players have "Chinese names" (actually I searched their photos to make sure). Particularly those named "Chen"... haha

rikhardur
04-14-2011, 12:39 AM
If you don't mind me asking what ethnicity did you think he was?
That's why I asked? :rolleyes: Seems like I hit some nerves with the question, don't know why. Not my intention at all.

mbenga
04-14-2011, 07:12 AM
I've also read this from an American source a few weeks ago. But guess it matters little now, he's projected a lottery pick and will be in the NBA next year. If worst case scenario = Ibaka you know he is a gem. Although he could turn out to be like the other Africans who shined in Hoop Summit, Saer Sene, Olumide Oyedeji....
Biyombo has already been proving himself in the spanish league. He hasn't only shined in the Summit.

sinobball
04-14-2011, 04:38 PM
That's why I asked? :rolleyes: Seems like I hit some nerves with the question, don't know why. Not my intention at all.I don't see anyone being offended by the question. I think you misunderstood me. It's all good.
Biyombo has already been proving himself in the spanish league. He hasn't only shined in the Summit.I'm aware. But wasn't Oyedeji a star in Germany before he went to the NBA? I understand Germany isn't the same as Spain, but Biyombo isn't a star in Spain right?

sagenas
04-14-2011, 05:27 PM
I've also read this from an American source a few weeks ago. But guess it matters little now, he's projected a lottery pick and will be in the NBA next year. If worst case scenario = Ibaka you know he is a gem. Although he could turn out to be like the other Africans who shined in Hoop Summit, Saer Sene, Olumide Oyedeji....

That's why Fuenlabrada should sell.

pohani komarac
04-14-2011, 06:27 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/nike-hoop-summit-world-select-team-evaluations

rikhardur
04-14-2011, 11:29 PM
I don't see anyone being offended by the question. I think you misunderstood me. It's all good.
Jolly good :p

I'm aware. But wasn't Oyedeji a star in Germany before he went to the NBA? I understand Germany isn't the same as Spain, but Biyombo isn't a star in Spain right?
Yes, he's not a star yet. He's been drawing quite a deal of attention and shining with some top-notched displays and I think his best performance so far was indeed at the Summit (very well chosen occasion). But I do think he'll become a star in ACB (similarly to Ibaka) in a year or two. This if he stays with Fuenlabrada of course, but I think it would be a stupid move by the team if they don't allow him to join them back.

CBerman
04-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Best players besides Biyombo for the World were:

Marteusz Ponitka- Didn't stand out in practice but was impressive in the game. Really knows how to play. Doesn't have NBA type athleticism but could be a very good college players in the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMegJemhLWI

Dario Saric- Only 17 years out and understand the game. Was noticeably nervous at first but thmn got into it and displayed nice touch from outside. Great upside, 17 years old, can shoot and is 6'10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSuWVM2UgmA

Ailun looked a little lost. I think he had touble adjusted to the USA's backcourt athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ncwJpOrTMI

Raze Lupin
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Nogueira, Miljenovic,

Hey Sagenas! How is going bro!?

Did you watch the game? What did you think about Biyambo and Ponitka?