PDA

View Full Version : FIBA Asia Championship 2011 Wuhan

Pages : [1] 2 3

Romia
12-22-2010, 12:11 PM
2011 Asia Championships is going to be held in WuHan,China

Welcome to my hometown city ,and welcome to China

Sorry to Lebanon friends , thats a decision made by FIBA Asia just now.

I do think the AC be hold in Wuhan will definitely far more better than you see the AC in TianJin 2009

the convenient public transportation which impressed the commissioner so much

The professional basketball fans here and hospitable locals and the best volunteers and broadcast as well as the press here.

reamily
12-22-2010, 02:09 PM
At least all the games are in prime time :)

Basketball in China, I am getting used to it:rolleyes::cool:

leb-basket
12-22-2010, 04:55 PM
everything held in china .... it's unfair! if china asked to host the championship at the first place would lebanon be able to take it back from you!

I hate fiba!

gd luck for 2013

lebanese phoenix
12-22-2010, 04:59 PM
:mad: i hate this, if this is official, than it's really aweful news, why china, why not some other asian country if not lebanon
why did they take it away from lebanon:(

Fadi El-Khatib
12-22-2010, 06:10 PM
This is totally unfair guys !
First of all, why did FIBA-Asia take the AC away from Lebanon ?
Second thing, why China ? I mean China was the hosting country of AC-2009
Is China the only country in Asia? There are about 55 countries in Asia !!!

rtk04
12-22-2010, 06:10 PM
i don't blame the fact that the asian federation is corrupted, i blame the "asses" that are running the game in Lebanon.

They took this decision cz they know that if it was held in Lebanon, Lebanon will kick the asses of all the teams.

interxavierxxx
12-22-2010, 06:36 PM
It may have something to do with the fact that the FIBA officials were not happy with the hosting of the Stankovic Cup in Beirut.

leb-basket
12-22-2010, 07:19 PM
It may have something to do with the fact that the FIBA officials were not happy with the hosting of the Stankovic Cup in Beirut.

or with the money offer and of course the asian power of china !

Khalid80
12-22-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm not surprised... There's nothing we can do other than seriously preparing for hosting 2013 and by seriously preparing I mean seriously preparing :D (have an official agenda with scheduled working plan, plan for improving our courts (even if it means building new ones or upgrading the old ones to international standard), improving logistics (transportation and parking), etc..

donmar
12-22-2010, 11:00 PM
FIBA Asia is corrupt.. simple as that... how can other countries develop their basketball and facilities if they are not given a chance to host the Asian Championship.. too much bias and corruption in FIBA Asia...

Servinio
12-23-2010, 03:40 AM
The Philippines has to host the 2011 FIBA-Asia Men's Championship! (http://servssports.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/undefeated-at-home/) China has already hosted the said event three times in the last decade -- Shanghai 2001, Harbin 2003 and Tianjin 2009.

dxjayrock2008
12-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Are the Chinese Basketball Federation officials are acting like David Stern? Lol.

bhinov
12-23-2010, 07:51 AM
FIBA Asia is corrupt.. simple as that... how can other countries develop their basketball and facilities if they are not given a chance to host the Asian Championship.. too much bias and corruption in FIBA Asia...

Give the hosting rights to the Philippines! Merry Christmas! :D

Phantim3dx
12-23-2010, 10:25 AM
as much as i hate to see the AC in the same country back to back. how many of those asian countries can seriously say they have the money, resources, and manpower to put on a good show/image with modern descent facilities in which safety can be ensured? i cant say not a lot for other asian countries.

look i wouldnt want it in china also but i can only think of china, korea, japan malaysia, hell even tiny singapore could host it a lot better the rich oil laden middle east countries could also host it.

and there is no way philippines coudl host it seeing the fact chiense always hold onto grudges fro quite sometime and with what happened this year with those chinese tourists even though they were people from hong kong, im sure left a bad taste for many chinese...and that would hurt sports revenue... think about it who seriously has moeny these days to splash on things during sporting events in asia...besides a few asian countries. china has a damn lot of new rich. throwing money like it was a rap video.

i swear the new rich in china have got cash like no other, they should be making rap videos with big booty ho's! oh!

wuhan is a pretty good city too its girls are fine and hot. but the girls from chengdu and chongqing are a whole lot finer..

rocketstar47
12-27-2010, 06:32 AM
The Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) confirmed on Thursday that the 2011 FIBA Asian Men’s championships will be hosted at Wuhan, Hubei Province on Sept. 15-25.

Li Jinsheng, vice president of CBA, said he was informed the news on Wednesday after an executive meeting of the Asian Basketball Federation in Malaysia, which was attended by CBA vice president Xin Lancheng and other officials.

“Wuhan is fully ready to host the competition,” said Li, who accompanied FIBA officials to inspect Wuhan in 2010.

The Asian championships will serve as the qualification of the 2012 London Olympic Games.

Several cities had bid to host the event, including cities of Lebanon, South Korea and China.

The women’s edition will be hosted at Japan on Aug. 21-28.

rocketstar47
12-27-2010, 06:34 AM
Why does Fiba always chooses CHINA?

raichu08
12-27-2010, 07:16 AM
I do hope the lebanese officials and the other countries as well would go to the CAS.

Ballhogging all the events is too much. As if the Asiad, Olympics, Tianjin and NBA exhibition games were enough.

Buran
12-27-2010, 09:14 AM
why is the tournament starting a month later than usual??!
I Hope that the Chinese federation has a convincing reason for the date change.

Zhang
12-27-2010, 09:42 AM
why is the tournament starting a month later than usual??!
I Hope that the Chinese federation has a convincing reason for the date change.

Because Wuhan is very very hot in August. Trust me, you can't bear the temperature there.

kaiziken_pinas
12-27-2010, 09:47 AM
aw c'mon.

China hosted the events three times last decade! It should be given to another country! This is idiotic!

reamily
12-27-2010, 09:59 AM
aw c'mon.

China hosted the events three times last year! It should be given to another country! This is idiotic!

But the possibility of china not going to the olympics would be chaotic for FIBA:D:eek:

kaiziken_pinas
12-27-2010, 10:17 AM
But the possibility of china not going to the olympics would be chaotic for FIBA:D:eek:

yeah, now that you mention it.:D

Bad for the sport though. I thought FIBA's aim in Asia is to make the sport more popular. Them choosing China over other countries it's stupid.

Buran
12-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Because Wuhan is very very hot in August. Trust me, you can't bear the temperature there.

Both the players and spectators are going to be indoor, and I'm sure the arena has an AC system.
China is a vast country and another city with a better climate for that time of the year could have hosted the event (besides, Wuhan isn't much hotter than Tianjin, which hosted the last event)

The problem with holding the event in September is that school and practice has started for NCAA players and this is a bit problematic for some teams (Iran, Lebanon,...), because they can't have their players around for that long for the practice/main event.

kaiziken_pinas
12-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Both the players and spectators are going to be indoor, and I'm sure the arena has an AC system.
China is a vast country and another city with a better climate for that time of the year could have hosted the event (besides, Wuhan isn't much hotter than Tianjin, which hosted the last event)

The problem with holding the event in September is that school and practice has started for NCAA players and this is a bit problematic for some teams (Iran, Lebanon,...), because they can't have their players around for that long for the practice/main event.

we've got no problem with it:D

The PBA season is over by September ^_^.

Most of our college players have already graduated so I guess the players' availability is at minimum

Buran
12-27-2010, 11:49 AM
we've got no problem with it:D

The PBA season is over by September ^_^.

Most of our college players have already graduated so I guess the players' availability is at minimum

I see,
did Chris Lutz graduate from Marshall U., if he did, is he going to be invited?

kaiziken_pinas
12-27-2010, 11:52 AM
I see,
did Chris Lutz graduate from Marshall U., if he did, is he going to be invited?

he's actually practicing/playing with the team since May. I think he's currently on vacation in the US and will be back after the holidays.

It's Banchero and Stanhardinger who are pending.

I would have wanted to see Kazemi, the guy who dunked over Rudy Gay. Do hope we see him in the Championships

wilo22
12-27-2010, 12:02 PM

as for lebanon we have joey accaoui in the ncaa he will be graduated this year.
and we have also ahmad ibrahim last year in high school
hopefully these 2 players will join the nt this summer

Buran
12-27-2010, 03:22 PM
and we have also ahmad ibrahim last year in high school
hopefully these 2 players will join the nt this summer

this could also affect Ahmad Ibrahim, he will be a College student next September.

mikepogi
12-27-2010, 06:56 PM
The most neutral country is Singapore.. Not because I live there now:D... But because its a progressive country which is ideal for international sporting events.. There is less traffic, has a decent national stadium (although only one) to hold the venue, facilities, etc... I mean if it cant be the Philippines, then at least have Singapore be the first SEA nation to host the event since I dont know when... I mean just look at the last Youth Olympics, and see how successful it was particularly the FIBA 33, wherein the games are always packed with spectators...

They wont have problems with getting fans in the seats either.. There is a sizeable Filipino and Chinese community... Plus a number of foreign nationals from the Middle East and India...I mean the country is a melting pot of different nationalities..And you can be sure that Star Sports will cover the event since the channel is based here in Singapore...But really, its not because of selfish reason on why I wanted to be staged in Singapore.:D.

Servinio
12-28-2010, 02:51 AM
I mean if it cant be the Philippines, then at least have Singapore be the first SEA nation to host the event since I dont know when...
ASEAN Hosts of FIBA-Asia Men's
1993 Jakarta
1987 Bangkok
1985 Kuala Lumpur
1977 Kuala Lumpur
1975 Bangkok
1973 Manila
1969 Bangkok
1965 Kuala Lumpur
1960 Manila

Servinio
12-28-2010, 03:16 AM
aw c'mon.

China hosted the events three times last year! It should be given to another country! This is idiotic!

FIBA-Asia Men's Hosting By Country:
Japan (5) - 1971, 1979, 1991, 1999, 2007;
China (5) - 1989, 2001, 2003, 2009, 2011;
Malaysia (3) - 1965, 1977, 1985;
Thailand (3) - 1969, 1975, 1987;
Philippines (2) - 1960, 1973;
South Korea (2) - 1967, 1995;
Chinese-Taipei (1) - 1963;
India (1) - 1981;
Hong Kong (1) - 1983;
Indonesia (1) - 1993;
Saudi Arabia (1) - 1997;
Qatar (1) - 2005.

kaiziken_pinas
12-28-2010, 03:35 AM
FIBA-Asia Men's Hosting By Country:
Japan (5) - 1971, 1979, 1991, 1999, 2007;
China (5) - 1989, 2001, 2003, 2009, 2011;
Malaysia (3) - 1965, 1977, 1985;
Thailand (3) - 1969, 1975, 1987;
Philippines (2) - 1960, 1973;
South Korea (2) - 1967, 1995;
Chinese-Taipei (1) - 1963;
India (1) - 1981;
Hong Kong (1) - 1983;
Indonesia (1) - 1993;
Saudi Arabia (1) - 1997;
Qatar (1) - 2005.

edited.
I meant decade

rocketstar47
12-28-2010, 04:45 AM
Hey Guyz let's stop talking about the AC Hosting
Let's start predicting who will win the AC next year

This is my prediction

CHAMPIONS
Either China,Iran,Korea or Lebanon

Mr. Basketball
12-28-2010, 06:16 AM
india wont host anytime soon ... to understand why india is so behind in fiba asia ... they were going to build finally build a modern indoor basketball stadium in delhi, the bfi even announced it in a press conference, said they would be using it as their 'National Basketball Academy.'
“The blue print for the stadium is ready and the work order has been given. The construction will begin by the July first week,” BFI Sec-General Harish Sharma said.
Then the Delhi high court and Indian Supreme Court declared the construction 'illegal' on the grounds that "the proposed indoor stadium would require installation of a 100-tonne AC plant, which would be hazardous for the environment." So it was demolished one week into construction.

AC Predictions: if all teams go at full strength, I think Iran might have the edge on China with Yao out .. Lebanon, Korea, Japan, Qatar, and Philippines

at the asian games Iran was without their top three players and only lost to host China in the semifinal by blowing the lead in the final minute.

daniab
12-28-2010, 10:44 AM
My prediction for Fiba Asia 2011 goes like this:

1st tier:
Iran(so far they have the best chances),Lebanon and China

2nd tier
South Korea(can pull off a surprise and get into finals),Jordan and Philippines

3rd tier
Japan,Taiwan and Qatar

interxavierxxx
12-28-2010, 10:59 AM

1st tier:

2nd tier

3rd tier
Japan,Taiwan and Qatar

Are they sending a team stronger than the one in the Asian Games? Because if they send the same team, it will be a bad showing. The 40-point loss to Korea was too much.

I agree that Iran has the best chances. They almost beat China in the Asian games without Haddadi and Samad. This really shows how the national team program of Iran is really strong.

Any new faces for Lebanon?

daniab
12-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Are they sending a team stronger than the one in the Asian Games? Because if they send the same team, it will be a bad showing. The 40-point loss to Korea was too much.

I agree that Iran has the best chances. They almost beat China in the Asian games without Haddadi and Samad. This really shows how the national team program of Iran is really strong.

Any new faces for Lebanon?

No Jordan team will have a better team,some of their experienced players weren't playing at the Asiad such as Sam Daghlas,Moussa Al Awadi,Zaid Abbas... but i dont think their team in 2011 will be that good, Rasheim Wright has clearly stated that whether his old team Zain pays him the rest of the money they still owe him or he won't be back to Jordan, Zaid El khas and Ayman Idais has retired from the NT and i dont see any young strong faces coming off the scene.

For Lebanon, there will surely be new blood in the team :)

Silent Killer
12-28-2010, 11:45 AM
PBA season will probably end in august. theirs enough time for the chosen PBA players to gel with gilas boys.

2013 PHL will host the FIBA asiad championship. as i read elsewhere, the arena near MOA will be finish by 2012.

wilo22
12-28-2010, 12:16 PM

1st tier:

2nd tier

3rd tier
Japan,Taiwan and Qatar

i think that qatar is better than jordan specially with their multinational nt.

1st tier:
Iran,Lebanon,China

2nd tier:
South Korea,Philippines,Qatar

3rd Tier:
Japan,Jordan

Mr. Basketball
12-28-2010, 09:00 PM
i believe the team lebanon sent to the asian games was basically their B or C team, which explains why they were crushed by china and korea.

qatar is the most inconsistent team, they can look great one game, and terrible the next, 22 point loss to philippines and a 42 point loss to iran at asian games with their full NT team...maybe qatar basketball federation should expand outside of africa to import their NT players...theyre not getting their money's worth...but qatar has so much money they probably dont care.

SOLO
12-29-2010, 12:55 PM
No Jordan team will have a better team,some of their experienced players weren't playing at the Asiad such as Sam Daghlas,Moussa Al Awadi,Zaid Abbas... but i dont think their team in 2011 will be that good, Rasheim Wright has clearly stated that whether his old team Zain pays him the rest of the money they still owe him or he won't be back to Jordan, Zaid El khas and Ayman Idais has retired from the NT and i dont see any young strong faces coming off the scene.

For Lebanon, there will surely be new blood in the team :)

We Have Sent our (C) Team not even (B) Team btw ;) Only Ali Jamal & Fadel Najjar from (A) Team played in Asiad and Fadel is the King of Bench in the (A) Team !

About Rasheim what you mentioned is totally wrong , Rasheim is the one who owes Money for Zain Club , the club paid the Penalty clause when he escaped from Beykoz Club in Turkey ! it was like 30000$ .

Zaid Alkhas did not retire at all , only Ayman Idais retired from the NT and the Federation will bring him back as he is still fit and can make the difference on 5 .

Our 2011 National Team will look like this : Sam Daghlas (Best Point Guard in China right now) , Zaid Abbaas , Wesam Sous , Mousa Awadi (Best youngster in Jordan) , Mahmoud Abdeen , Mohammad Hamdan , Ayman Idais , Ali Jamal (shined in Asian Games) , Abdullah Abo Koura , Islam Abbas + May be Abroads like Imad Qahwash (NCAA) , Jamal Abu Shamala (D-League) , Layth Mansour (NCAA) , Nicola Fadayel (Canada) , Camille Gargour (High School in USA)

SOLO
12-29-2010, 01:01 PM
I Like it here when some people underestimates Jordan NT (3rd in FIBA Asia 2009) and we always come from behind and get the Hell out of other Teams !
We showed the World in FIBA World 2010 what a great basketball we can make , if we had the experience as other teams who participated for the 3rd time in FIBA World and did not make it to the 2nd Round , then I bet that we would reached at least the 2nd round and may be better who knows !

Jordan NT for Asia Title 2011 ;)

wilo22
12-29-2010, 02:21 PM
i believe the team lebanon sent to the asian games was basically their B or C team, which explains why they were crushed by china and korea.

qatar is the most inconsistent team, they can look great one game, and terrible the next, 22 point loss to philippines and a 42 point loss to iran at asian games with their full NT team...maybe qatar basketball federation should expand outside of africa to import their NT players...theyre not getting their money's worth...but qatar has so much money they probably dont care.

it's jordan not lebanon we didn't even go to the 2010 asian games

Mr. Basketball
12-29-2010, 04:25 PM
it's jordan not lebanon we didn't even go to the 2010 asian games

my mistake, jordan was what i meant

rocketstar47
12-30-2010, 08:01 AM
I Like it here when some people underestimates Jordan NT (3rd in FIBA Asia 2009) and we always come from behind and get the Hell out of other Teams !
We showed the World in FIBA World 2010 what a great basketball we can make , if we had the experience as other teams who participated for the 3rd time in FIBA World and did not make it to the 2nd Round , then I bet that we would reached at least the 2nd round and may be better who knows !

Jordan NT for Asia Title 2011 ;)

Is Rasheim Wright will play on 2011?

rocketstar47
12-30-2010, 08:07 AM
Philippines will bring players w/ our candidate for naturalization Marcus Douthit,Chris Tiu,Jayvee Casio,Mark Baracael and other's who played in the recent Asian Games plus PBA reinforcements if in case they are allowed to play w/ their mother teams with the likes of Asi Taulava(The Rock),Kelly Williams(The Machine Gun),James Yap,Jay Washington,Sol Mercado,Joe Devance,Jimmy Alapag(I want him to be included bcoz of his speed)

and Players abroad like Christian Standhardinger(Nebraska),Chris Banchero(NCAA Div 1) or local's like Japeth Aguilar & Junemar Fajardo

leb-basket
12-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Philippines will bring players w/ our candidate for naturalization Marcus Douthit,Chris Tiu,Jayvee Casio,Mark Baracael and other's who played in the recent Asian Games plus PBA reinforcements if in case they are allowed to play w/ their mother teams with the likes of Asi Taulava(The Rock),Kelly Williams(The Machine Gun),James Yap,Jay Washington,Sol Mercado,Joe Devance,Jimmy Alapag(I want him to be included bcoz of his speed)

and Players abroad like Christian Standhardinger(Nebraska),Chris Banchero(NCAA Div 1) or local's like Japeth Aguilar & Junemar Fajardo

i remember during stankovitc u had a great pg number 6 i dt really recall his name. He was simply great u need to add him again to your roster though he is kinda short but really effective

SOLO
12-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Is Rasheim Wright will play on 2011?

Most probably NO , eitehr we wil have another one (Center) or 90% No Naturalized Players .

rocketstar47
01-03-2011, 05:23 AM
i remember during stankovitc u had a great pg number 6 i dt really recall his name. He was simply great u need to add him again to your roster though he is kinda short but really effective

That No.6 is Jayvee Casio of De La Salle University Green Archers
his rival during their college days is Chris tiu No.5 of our team.:)

sinobball
01-05-2011, 09:59 PM
wuhan is a pretty good city too its girls are fine and hot. but the girls from chengdu and chongqing are a whole lot finer..Wuhan is my second home and it really is a terrible (but really large) city, very dirty and disorderly. But things could change very swiftly given how efficient Chinese government seems to be if they care. I was just in Guangzhou where they hosted the AG and the Para Asian Games and I've got to say I was really impressed. The city looked beautiful all around.

BTW Phantim I was just in Beijing for the first time in a decade and the traffic was killing over there. Drank a lot of erguotou on the subway though, that thing is good :D

gazara
01-17-2011, 09:08 PM
hope Fadi be our Captain and leader in this champ ,he s saying until this moment he will not be with the NT (1st if baldwin out he s in ) and secondly he want youth players to play this type of championship ,Hope Fadi be with us ,he s a huge player can do it all in the court with Matt and Fahed and Abdel nour ,specially that Abdel Nour is performing very very well ,in the league and outside scoring 20 ppg and rebounds and everything i think abdel nour will be the next Khatib after khatib retire

Jean Abdel Nour :

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs073.snc6/168354_1387828754540_1796724428_729901_7485336_n.j pg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs766.ash1/165787_1387821194351_1796724428_729884_2935913_n.j pg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1362.snc4/163487_1386117031748_1796724428_727028_2228999_n.j pg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs415.ash2/69346_10150100815999199_672284198_7465538_4673026_ n.jpg
(omar and Jean)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1133.snc4/149565_107466975992649_100001880417170_60052_33709 22_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1214.snc4/156644_107472192658794_100001880417170_60117_59350 98_n.jpg

Fadi El Khatib : The Tiger

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1208.snc4/156012_165849923452558_130319400338944_277214_5112 251_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs813.snc4/69327_157149714322579_130319400338944_237628_12366 67_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1369.snc4/164186_10150376734535570_846090569_16533739_602818 _n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1222.snc4/155449_467871007794_515762794_5615170_637322_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs755.ash1/164689_10150098192935935_116705595934_7766102_7115 277_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs217.ash2/48023_153193824706571_100000478623613_410997_10682 73_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs430.snc4/47334_460899230934_116705595934_6930196_1045338_n. jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs405.snc4/46871_152652244760729_100000478623613_408111_27586 9_n.jpg

these 2 are our Hopes for sure with Rony Fahed /Ali mahmoud ,why not Miguel martinez /Ghaleb Ridaa /Elias Restom /Matt freijie /Daniel Faris /Vroman /Kanaan /Bawji Basel

PG:Fahed /Mahmoud /Martinez
SG:Khatib (C) /Restom /Rida
SF:Abdel Nour /Mneimneh
PF:Frejie /Vroman
C:Kannan /Daniel

starting Five:

1-Ali Mahmoud (182-PG)
2-Fadi El Khatib (199-SG)(Team Captain)
3-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
4-Vroman Jax (208-PF)
5-Daniel Faris(206-C)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs694.snc4/63481_179172122108706_179170452108873_588618_37197 06_n.jpg

ALI MAHMOUD

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v315/96/8/34085496076/n34085496076_1610069_8358.jpg

F15 The Tiger

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1233.snc4/156580_172873626066746_100000323308233_433569_3658 390_n.jpg

ABDEL NOUR

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs180.snc1/6780_137670730574_136564720574_3753636_2410152_n.j pg

JAX VROMAN

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1235.snc4/156780_10150095450856970_709991969_7796412_2165339 _n.jpg

DANIEL FARIS

donmar
01-18-2011, 01:56 AM
hope Fadi be our Captain and leader in this champ ,he s saying until this moment he will not be with the NT (1st if baldwin out he s in ) and secondly he want youth players to play this type of championship ,Hope Fadi be with us ,he s a huge player can do it all in the court with Matt and Fahed and Abdel nour ,specially that Abdel Nour is performing very very well ,in the league and outside scoring 20 ppg and rebounds and everything i think abdel nour will be the next Khatib after khatib retire

So Fadi has issues with Tab Baldwin... you guys should groom Fadi into a playing-coach for the NT and then when he retires to full-time head coach.. it would be good addition to his distinguished career:)..

mayfel
01-19-2011, 12:57 AM
guys what will be the composition of this championship per sub zone
we already know that china as a host is already have their ticket for this event..
will the top five of fiba asia stankovic cup will be seeded just like what happened in 2009??
if they are seeded the composition of this event per subzone will be
east asia will have 4 china as a host, japan through stankovic cup and another 2 slot probably chinese-taipei and south korea
gulf zone will have 3 qatar through stankovic cup and another 2 slots
west asia will have 4 lebanon and iran through stankovic cup and another 2 slots maybe jordan and syria
middle asia will have 2 slots
and southeast asia will have 3 philippines through stankovic cup and another 2 slots available
and all in all 16 teams in this year fiba asia championships.. correct me if i'm wrong may the best country win and represent asia in the olympics.

Khalid80
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
So Fadi has issues with Tab Baldwin... you guys should groom Fadi into a playing-coach for the NT and then when he retires to full-time head coach.. it would be good addition to his distinguished career:)..

We can't keep letting Fadi take control of the team and do what is just suitable for him. If he has issues with coach Tab tough luck... let him be the one making sacrifices for the team and not everyone else doing what he wants.
I also don't believe Fadi would make a good coach (personal opinion).
Sooner or later we need to move forward and start looking at the future of the Lebanese NT or else we will be going through a very tough transition period once Fadi, Rony, Ali etc... officially retire from the NT.

rocketstar47
01-19-2011, 01:39 PM
My Predictions for the upcoming 2011 FIBA ASIA Championships

IRAN-Since they are the defending champions they want to show
to Asia that they are the new powerhouse of basketball in this region.

LEBANON-This team still has a big chance of winning the tournament if El khatib will back on the NT

CHINA-Even w/out YAO the title is still near for them.They show it last 2010 Asian Games,but they are beatable now compared before.

SOUTHKOREA-I Think they are also strong hiring lenny wilkens as one of
their team consultant they can be dangerous at all time

JORDAN- If they finish the problems from their federation they are still one of the tough team to beat.

gazara
01-19-2011, 02:06 PM
I think Khatib will solve this problem and play this championship ,he s doing with champville a great work as he s a 25 years old ,always a king he s unstoppable a scoring machine and leading champville for wins ...
As For Jax most of Lebanese and Baldwin himself said that Jax is a big player but not for our NT we need a pure C and all people are giving names but the most well known is Darryl Watkins he s a very good C a pure C ,a beast under the basket (Foul or a basket ) this is watkins the Sagessian Player and jump very high he s very good ,but in my opinion we should let Vroman stay in our NT he s great for us , also there will be for sure new players in our NT like Daniel who was out in the world cup and mazen mnemneih

i think in Asia 2011 Lebanese Team is the most powerful team a full team specially that this team is stronger than the NT who was in turkey ...specially with : Abdel Nour who s performing really well ,he s top player and leading riyadi for winning and in my opinion he s in this time better than Khatib and he s the best lebanese player in this time ,
Mazen Mneimneh is back ,he s very good very systematic and play great deffence
Matt who s back from injury he will be a big plus and add for us
the back of Daniel Faris our Best Center this player have a lot of skills ,he s the best lebanese Center
and finally the squad will be a fight between Rodrick Akl and Miguel Martinez specially that Rony Fahed and Ali Mahmoud are for sure in The roster ,Rod and Migo are performing really well ,Rod is leading his team and managing ANibal in a very good way on the court ,And miguel (SpiderMan :rolleyes: :p )is doing a great job on the court...
As for the others ,Ghaleb Rida shoud be for Sure with the squad he s performing in the league very well also and always be the best lebanese scorer in his team and always being the player that stopped the Foreingners Stars Scorers ,he s great
As for Elie Estephan he shoud be out of The NT , he s injured and i dont think Baldwin will take him
Restom will be with the Team ,he s a Role player and can do a great work in deffence and rebounding and also scoring ,he s slasher
As for Kannan he s 100 % in NT

So our Roster will be in this way :

1-Ali Mahmoud on the guard position specially that Roni is a shooting guard we need a pure point Guard
2-For Sure this position is secured for Our Tiger and Legend Al Khatib
3-JEAN ABDEL NOUR
4-Daniel Faris (or Jax if he s statying)
5-Watkins (or Daniel if Jax stay)

take a look on our Bench wowwwww:

Matt Freijiee
Roni Fahed
Ghaleb Rida
Elie Restom
Mazen Mneimneh
Rod /Miguel
Kannan

donmar
01-19-2011, 08:40 PM
We can't keep letting Fadi take control of the team and do what is just suitable for him. If he has issues with coach Tab tough luck... let him be the one making sacrifices for the team and not everyone else doing what he wants.
I also don't believe Fadi would make a good coach (personal opinion).
Sooner or later we need to move forward and start looking at the future of the Lebanese NT or else we will be going through a very tough transition period once Fadi, Rony, Ali etc... officially retire from the NT.

I see your point.. I hope he and Tab can compromise.. and yeah, great players doesn't always make a great coach...

The senior players could at least serve as mentor.. maybe as part of the pool and train with the young guns but willing to give way once the final line-up is name.. but thats just my opinion..

wilo22
01-23-2011, 11:19 AM
For lebanon we might see many new faces: Miguel Martinez,Joey Accaoui.....
Ahmad Ibrahim will not join the nt because he has to prepare for his first year of college
Mazen Mneimneh and Daniel Faris will most probably rejoin the nt this summer
Billy Pharis papers are done
Rony Fahed announced his retirement from the nt
Fady El Khatib said that he won't join the nt if baldwin is the coach
Most probably Vroman will be replaced by a pure 5:confused:

2011 NT:

PG: Rodrigue Akl
Miguel Martinez
Ali Mahmoud
Joey Accaoui

G/F:
Ghaleb Reda
Jean Abdel Nour
Elie Rustom
Mazen Mneimneh
Elie Stephan :confused:
Samer Ozeir :confused:
Jihad El Murr

PF/C

Daniel Faris
Ali Kanaan
Matt Freije
Billy Pharis
Vroman or another naturalized
Ali Fakhredine:confused:
Bassel Bawji :confused:
Charles Tabet :confused:

Khalid80
01-23-2011, 11:29 AM
2011 NT:

PG: Rodrigue Akl
Miguel Martinez
Ali Mahmoud
Joey Accaoui

G/F:
Ghaleb Reda
Jean Abdel Nour
Elie Rustom
Mazen Mneimneh
Elie Stephan :confused:
Samer Ozeir :confused:
Jihad El Murr

PF/C

Daniel Faris
Ali Kanaan
Billy Pharis
Vroman or another naturalized
Ali Fakhredine:confused:
Bassel Bawji :confused:
Charles Tabet :confused:

Wilo what did you do with Matt Freije :cool:?

You don't want him any longer on our NT :D?

wilo22
01-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Wilo what did you do with Matt Freije :cool:?

You don't want him any longer on our NT :D?

it was a mistake sorry:p
I forgot him. I will fix it

sinobball
01-26-2011, 06:10 PM
FIBA held a press conference in Wuhan today, and announced some details of the games. All I know is China and Lebanon (Stankovic Cup) are the only 2 teams qualified as of today. (I guess Iran hasn't qualified per FIBA.)

FIBA also announced that Wuhan allocated around 10 million Yuan (>US$1.5 million) to the event, and 600,000 volunteers have already been recruited by the city. Of course, the other bidders who hoped bread fall from the sky can continue blame corruption and conspiracy.

Khalid80
01-27-2011, 07:27 AM
FIBA held a press conference in Wuhan today, and announced some details of the games. All I know is China and Lebanon (Stankovic Cup) are the only 2 teams qualified as of today. (I guess Iran hasn't qualified per FIBA.)

FIBA also announced that Wuhan allocated around 10 million Yuan (>US$1.5 million) to the event, and 600,000 volunteers have already been recruited by the city. Of course, the other bidders who hoped bread fall from the sky can continue blame corruption and conspiracy.

I'm contemplating (even though it's still a primitive thought) of going there to watch the games but I read that you didn't have many positive things to say about Wuhan... Is it that bad? Or just not as good as some of the other cities like Guangdong as you previously mentioned?

OT: I would be more excited to meet Liu Yi Fei who I remember is from Wuhan than going to watch the Asian Championships though :D.
Also would love to meet up with Na Li, from Wuhan, who just qualified to the finals of the Australian Open :eek:!!

TrueBluePinoy
01-28-2011, 07:45 AM
http://fibaasia.net/NewsDetails.aspx?id=707
26/01/2011
PR 01 / 2011 – Wuhan to host 26th FIBA Asia Championship

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia: Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province in China has been awarded the right to host the prestigious 26th FIBA Asia Championship.

The 26th FIBA Asia Championship, which will also identify the team to represent FIBA Asia in the 2012 London Olympics, will be played from Sept 15-25, 2011.

The champion team from the 26th FIBA Asia Championship will earn a direct entry to the 2012 London Olympics with the two teams that follow making it to the FIBA Olympic Qualifying tournament.

The 26th FIBA Asia Championship will be the fifth instance when China will host this all-important Championship.

Beijing (1989), Shanghai (2001), Harbin (2003) and most recently Tianjin (2009) are the Chinese cities which have hosted the FIBA Asia Championship earlier.

The Championship will feature 16 top teams from FIBA Asia, with Lebanon, the champions of the 3rd FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup and China as hosts having already qualified. The rest of the fray will be decided from a series of qualifying events from the five FIBA Asia subzones.

“China have a rich history of successfully hosting international sport events. The Olympics in 2008 and more recently the 16th Asian Games in Guangzhou (in December 2010) are examples for such instances. Therefore, we fully convinced this time too China will turn out to wonderful hosts for such an important event,” said FIBA Asia president Sheikh Saud Ali Al-Thani.

“We have two important events, both of them Olympic qualifiers. And we have found excellent hosts for both the events,” added Sheikh Saud referring to the 24th FIBA Asia Championship for Women to be hosted by Japan at Omura-Nagasaki from Aug 21-28, 2011.

“There can be few better organizers of international basketball events as the Chinese Basketball Association,” said FIBA Asia Secretary General Dato’ Yeoh Choo Hock.

“The technical excellence of the CBA and China in general during the Asian Games was amazing. For the first time, we had games in four different venues and we had not even a single complaint from any team. That goes to show how impeccable China can organize events,” added Dato’ Yeoh.

The complete calendar of FIBA Asia events for 2011 will be announced very soon.

FIBA Asia will run special event websites with latest updated of news, photos, statistics and other event related information for all the events.

About FIBA Asia

FIBA Asia (http://fibaasia.net) is the governing body for basketball in Asia. With 44 National Federations affiliated FIBA Asia is one of the largest among the five FIBA zones – FIBA Europe, FIBA Americas, FIBA Africa and FIBA Oceania are the others. The members of the FIBA Asia family bring a diversity of cultures and languages making FIBA Asia the most varied, vivid and vibrant basketball community in the world. As the governing body, FIBA Asia is responsible for controlling and developing the sport of basketball in Asia.

http://fibaasia.net/NewsDetails.aspx?id=707

So, what happened to the other Top 5 Stankovic Cup finishers?:confused:

usausa
01-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Those finishers earned an extra spot for their zone in the upcomong FIBA-Asia Championship.
Lebanon, by winning, has qualified for China.
Japan = + 1 spot for East Asia
Qatar = + 1 for Gulf
Philippines = + 1 for SEABA
Jordan = + 1 for WABA

So with that,
East Asia = host (China) + 2 qualifiers + 1 extra for Japan's finish in Asia Stankovic
Gulf = 2 qualifiers + 1 extra for Qatar's finish....Qatar, UAE, Bahrain all qualified to FIBA-Asia by virtue of finishing top 3 in the 12th Gulf Basketball Championship
SEABA = 2 qualifiers + 1 extra for Philippines finish
WABA = Stankovic champion (Lebanon), + 2 qualifiers, + 1 extra for Jordan's finish
Middle Asia = 2 qualifiers

donmar
01-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Those finishers earned an extra spot for their zone in the upcomong FIBA-Asia Championship.
Lebanon, by winning, has qualified for China.
Japan = + 1 spot for East Asia
Qatar = + 1 for Gulf
Philippines = + 1 for SEABA
Jordan = + 1 for WABA

So with that,
East Asia = host (China) + 2 qualifiers + 1 extra for Japan's finish in Asia Stankovic
Gulf = 2 qualifiers + 1 extra for Qatar's finish....Qatar, UAE, Bahrain all qualified to FIBA-Asia by virtue of finishing top 3 in the 12th Gulf Basketball Championship
SEABA = 2 qualifiers + 1 extra for Philippines finish
WABA = Stankovic champion (Lebanon), + 2 qualifiers, + 1 extra for Jordan's finish
Middle Asia = 2 qualifiers

I like this format... granting more than one automatic slots to the Asian Champs by making to the FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup play-offs is just wrong.. the last Asian Champs said it all... Chinese Taipei almost missed out simply because some low-tier countries automatically qualifies due to their play-off finish in the FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup..

Its degrading the regional qualifiers and its unfair to the regions where most of the participants are potential contenders (e.g. East Asia)... if the Philippines automatically qualifies and then did not participate in SEABA because of the automatic qualification.. its unfair for the eventual winner of SEABA to claim they are the region's champion knowing the best team did not compete..

Teams should earn their slot to the Asian Champs through (sub)regional qualifiers just as teams earn their slot to the Olympics by winning the zonal championship.. Lebanon, by winning the FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup, earned that automatic slot (for the Asian Champs) by winning the said tournament.. but other teams since they failed in that tourney must earn their slots in their regional qualifiers...

Zhang
04-21-2011, 07:24 AM
The emblem and mascot for FIBA Asia championship 2011 were both officially unveiled
http://i2.hoopchina.com.cn/blogfile/201104/21/130336927653492.jpg
http://i3.hoopchina.com.cn/blogfile/201104/21/130336928780428.jpg

Kings
04-21-2011, 10:38 AM
http://news.cnhubei.com/ctdsb/ctdsbsgk/ctdsb24/201104/W020110421308753379956.jpg

Mojado
04-21-2011, 03:37 PM
The logo looks like a burning fart.

SUPERBITAR
04-26-2011, 07:18 AM
26th FIBA Asia Championship of 2011 Logo
No Creativity,Were the Basketball"too small",no meaning,less attractive...and many.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5223/5656950658_b59706c6dd.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/superbitar/5656950658/)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5266/5656380033_01a778993c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/superbitar/5656380033/)

international88
04-27-2011, 04:25 PM
It's still OK. This is still basketball after all. Not a poster making contest or an art contest.

Ciscorlie Horford
04-28-2011, 06:35 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5266/5656380033_01a778993c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/superbitar/5656380033/)
hahaha are the Teletubbies playing in the competition?:p

but in all seriousness I'm looking forward to see some of the asian teams play, mainly becuase besides China, I've never heard of asian basketball. maybe I'll get a chance to see Sri Lanka and it's 5'11" starting center play:p

bognut
04-29-2011, 09:52 AM

but in all seriousness I'm looking forward to see some of the asian teams play, mainly becuase besides China, I've never heard of asian basketball. maybe I'll get a chance to see Sri Lanka and it's 5'11" starting center play:p

good luck on that. but i hope for you to watch a 5'11'' PG who grabs 15 rebounds a game and a dirty player at that but has an angelic face. :D

golebanon
04-29-2011, 01:10 PM

i guess you've never watched the world basketball championship,cause if you did then you would have known that 3 asian teams qualify to this championship,added to the fact that 4 teams played in 2010's edition.

livehappy81
05-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi all,
I am a bit confused, I was reading that only 1 team from Asia qualifies for the 2012 London Olympics, 1 team from Africa, 2 from america, 2 from Europe, 1 from Oceana, the host nation (GB), the world champion (US), that makes it 9, what about the remaining 3 ? are they from random continents or Asia have a specific slow ???

frenzfries
05-07-2011, 07:28 AM
the remaining three slots i believe, will come from the winners of the olympic qualifying tournament which is slated next year months before the london olympiad.

Khalid80
05-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Hi all,
I am a bit confused, I was reading that only 1 team from Asia qualifies for the 2012 London Olympics, 1 team from Africa, 2 from america, 2 from Europe, 1 from Oceana, the host nation (GB), the world champion (US), that makes it 9, what about the remaining 3 ? are they from random continents or Asia have a specific slow ???

Don't you remember the Olympics pre-qualification tournament that took place in Greece in 2008 which Lebanon played in and we got royally screwed by Greece and Brazil :D?

So this event will happen again next summer....

As for the Olympics pre-qualifying tournament this is which teams get to play in it:

Qualification via the wildcard tournament

The additional three teams will be determined at the FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament 2008, with the best non-qualifying teams participating from teams that did not qualify outright. Each zone is allocated with the following berths:

FIBA Africa: 2 teams
FIBA Americas: 3 teams
FIBA Asia: 2 teams
FIBA Europe: 4 teams
FIBA Oceania: 1 team

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_M en%27s_qualification

This is the wikipedia link of the last Olympics pre-qual. tournament (The top 3 teams qualify from this tournament to the Olympics):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_World_Olympic_Qualifying_Tournament_2008

mohsena2631
05-22-2011, 04:27 PM
from what I heard, WABA qualifiers will be held in Iraq !

wilo22
05-22-2011, 05:36 PM
from what I heard, WABA qualifiers will be held in Iraq !

yes that's true.
We will participate with our B-national team because we've already qualified to the asian championship

Projectspeed
05-23-2011, 06:05 AM
http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=241199

Qualifying for 2012 Olympics is our top priority: Veselin Matic

TEHRAN – Iran’s basketball coach Veselin Matic has said that qualifying for the 2012 London Olympics is his top priority.

The 2011 FIBA Asia Championship for Men is the qualifying tournament for FIBA Asia at the men's basketball tournament of the 2012 Olympics in London, England. The tournament will be held in 2011 at Wuhan, Hubei, China.

“We are going to defend our title in the competitions, but it’s not our priority. Reserving a seat in the 2012 Olympics is our main concern. The champion of the competition will go straight to the Olympic Games and the second and third teams will partake in the qualifications,” Matic said.

“Playing in the 2010 FIBA World Championship with participation of 24 teams was a great opportunity for us to play against the powerful teams. But, Olympics look more difficult because only the 12 best teams will participate in the prestigious event. Iran took part in the 2008 Olympic Games and we are trying to make to the competitions once again,” the 51-year-old said.

Iran’s Hamed Haddadi is no longer Memphis Grizzlies player as his contract has expired with the NBA team.

The Serbian said, “Grizzlies have good centers and I think Hamed needed to work harder. He was not called to play for Grizzlies but showed a good performance every time he came off the bench. I like that he joins Iran’s Mahram basketball team in the Asian Club Championship because it can help him to get ready for the Asian championship,” Matic added

kaiziken_pinas
05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=241199

Qualifying for 2012 Olympics is our top priority: Veselin Matic

TEHRAN – Iran’s basketball coach Veselin Matic has said that qualifying for the 2012 London Olympics is his top priority.

The 2011 FIBA Asia Championship for Men is the qualifying tournament for FIBA Asia at the men's basketball tournament of the 2012 Olympics in London, England. The tournament will be held in 2011 at Wuhan, Hubei, China.

“We are going to defend our title in the competitions, but it’s not our priority. Reserving a seat in the 2012 Olympics is our main concern. The champion of the competition will go straight to the Olympic Games and the second and third teams will partake in the qualifications,” Matic said.

“Playing in the 2010 FIBA World Championship with participation of 24 teams was a great opportunity for us to play against the powerful teams. But, Olympics look more difficult because only the 12 best teams will participate in the prestigious event. Iran took part in the 2008 Olympic Games and we are trying to make to the competitions once again,” the 51-year-old said.

Iran’s Hamed Haddadi is no longer Memphis Grizzlies player as his contract has expired with the NBA team.

The Serbian said, “Grizzlies have good centers and I think Hamed needed to work harder. He was not called to play for Grizzlies but showed a good performance every time he came off the bench. I like that he joins Iran’s Mahram basketball team in the Asian Club Championship because it can help him to get ready for the Asian championship,” Matic added

oh sh*t.

:D:D:D

b3lowzro
05-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Don't you remember the Olympics pre-qualification tournament that took place in Greece in 2008 which Lebanon played in and we got royally screwed by Greece and Brazil :D?

So this event will happen again next summer....

As for the Olympics pre-qualifying tournament this is which teams get to play in it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_M en%27s_qualification

This is the wikipedia link of the last Olympics pre-qual. tournament (The top 3 teams qualify from this tournament to the Olympics):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_World_Olympic_Qualifying_Tournament_2008

how come Fiba doesn't organize a similar tourney for World Championship hopefuls, from what I remember they just pick out teams in the recent Championships for wild card teams.

Khalid80
05-24-2011, 08:43 AM
how come Fiba doesn't organize a similar tourney for World Championship hopefuls, from what I remember they just pick out teams in the recent Championships for wild card teams.

They should... I don't think paying 500,000$, previous results, and showing to FIBA that your country really loves basketball should be used as a standard for qualifying to the World Championships as a wild card team...

Only issue though is that in the World Championships there are 20 teams that can automatically qualify through their respective continental championships so which teams will be considered to play for the wild cards? The level of the tournament won't be that high imo...

In the Olympics it's different since only 7 teams directly qualify+host (1)+Defending World Champions (1) so you can easily have a pre-Olympics tournament to select the 3 other teams that will qualify.

asero
06-02-2011, 12:31 AM
do you have list of naturalized players for the coming fiba asia?

rocketstar47
06-02-2011, 03:16 AM
do you have list of naturalized players for the coming fiba asia?

Naturalized Players
Philippines- Marcus DOUTHIT

Rumors

Lebanon-Loren Woods
Japan-Patrick O'Bannon

SOLO
06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Naturalized Players

Rumors

Lebanon-Loren Woods
Japan-Patrick O'Bannon

and Most Probably Rasheim Wright for Jordan :)

sinobball
06-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Naturalized Players
Japan-Patrick O'BannonThe name is Charles O'Bannon and he's 36 years old, doubt he'll do much more than Eric McArthur (2006 Asian Games) or JR Henderson (2007 FIBA Asia), who were both failures more or less BTW.

rocketstar47
06-03-2011, 01:34 AM
and Most Probably Rasheim Wright for Jordan :)

Is Abu Shamala will play??

SOLO
06-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Is Abu Shamala will play??

No , he has some problems regarding his Jordanian Passport .

rocketstar47
06-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Mysterious team in 2011 fiba asia

KAZAKTHSTAN
KOREA
JAPAN

mavrick_h
06-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Naturalized Players

Rumors

Lebanon-Loren Woods
Japan-Patrick O'Bannon

doubt no $$$$$ :D

Cryotek
06-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Mysterious team in 2011 fiba asia

KAZAKTHSTAN
KOREA
JAPAN

Why mysterious??:confused:

dxjayrock2008
06-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Why mysterious??:confused:

The other NT's haven't scouted them yet. But we must watch out for these mysterious teams.

makotosing
06-27-2011, 01:48 PM
japan and korea already played in east asia qualifying.
at least they are not that mysterious anymore..

wilo22
06-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Naturalized Players

Rumors

Lebanon-Loren Woods

it's between Woods and Samb
coach Ghassan Sarkis prefers Cheikh Samb

Azrael
06-28-2011, 01:35 AM
Im 100% sure.. the Philippine team will be treated badly there....
#Spratly Island

CKR13
07-01-2011, 05:08 AM
FIBA ASIA - Two places left for Wuhan

WUHAN (FIBA Asia Championship) - With the completion of the sub-zone competitions in WABA and SEABA, 14 of the 16 teams in the field for this year’s FIBA Asia Championship have been identified.

The FIBA Asia Championship is a qualifying event for next year's London Games.

The winners automatically book their place into the 12-team field of the Men's Olympic Basketball Tournament.

Teams that finish second and third will compete into the Olympic Qualifying Tournament where three places for the Basketball Tournament are on offer.

With 14 of the 16 teams known, the next step for the FIBA Asia Championship is the draw, which will take place on 6 July.

The two remaining places will be filled once the qualifying process for the zone of Middle Asia comes to a close.

Uzbekistan will host Afghanistan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan as the four teams attempt to win the sole qualifying berth from the ‘Stans’ section of the Middle Asia sub-zone.

Indian capital New Delhi will host the SAARC teams from 13 to 15 July in order to identify the other team to qualify from Middle Asia.

The FIBA Asia Champonship will take place in Wuhan, China from 15 to 25 September and feature the top 16 teams from the five different FIBA Asia sub-zones.

Hosts China and Lebanon - as winners of the 3rd FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup in Beirut last year - qualified automatically for the FIBA Asia Championship

14 teams qualified for FIBA Asia Championship
Direct qualification: China, Lebanon
East: Korea, Japan, Chinese Taipei
SEABA: Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia
Middle: One team on 1 July; One team on 4 August
Gulf: Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
WABA: Iran, Jordan, Syria

-FIBA (http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/47581/arti.html)

Mojado
07-01-2011, 07:56 AM
That is a big joke:

Uzbekistan will host Afghanistan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan as the four teams attempt to win the sole qualifying berth from the Stans section of the Middle Asia sub-zone.

Indian capital New Delhi will host the SAARC teams from 13 to 15 July in order to identify the other team to qualify from Middle Asia.

Afghanistan would have a pretty good chance against India but probably thanks to Sri Lanki Middle Asia president, India gets practically a bye to qualify as they wouldnt have a chance against Kazakhstan and would have to fight Afghanistan for a spot in Wuhan...someone is really interested to push India's basketball and NBA is also after that...you do the math.
:mad:

Walken
07-01-2011, 10:50 AM
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.sports.kz/news.php%3Fid%3D0000008636%26type%3Dmain%26st%3D00 00000012
still no money in kazakh basket federation (even 2k $/month for head coach work). and probably in Qual tournament (28/07-4/08) will play a team CSKA Almaty (II kazakh div), who earlier would play in World Military Champ (in mid July)

Mojado
07-01-2011, 10:56 AM
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.sports.kz/news.php%3Fid%3D0000008636%26type%3Dmain%26st%3D00 00000012
still no money in kazakh basket federation (even 2k $/month for head coach work). and probably in Qual tournament (28/07-4/08) will play a team CSKA Almaty (II kazakh div), who earlier would play in World Military Champ (in mid July)

...but the league does financially well. Thats bad for the national team program, so this will be interesting to see (qualifiers).

usausa
07-01-2011, 12:30 PM
That is a big joke:

Uzbekistan will host Afghanistan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan as the four teams attempt to win the sole qualifying berth from the Stans section of the Middle Asia sub-zone.

Afghanistan would have a pretty good chance against India but probably thanks to Sri Lanki Middle Asia president, India gets practically a bye to qualify as they wouldnt have a chance against Kazakhstan and would have to fight Afghanistan for a spot in Wuhan...someone is really interested to push India's basketball and NBA is also after that...you do the math.
:mad:

I first read it hte other day and thought that was absurd too....one would think Afghanistan, India, Sri Lanka in one group, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan in another...or a full 5 game round robin.

gazara
07-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Lebanese National Team starting Preparations :

Coach: Ghassan Sarkis (LEB)
ASS.Coach:Marwan Khalil (LEB)

Ghassan Choose 25 Players for the NT then he will choose 12 to be in the Final Roster :
The 25 players Are:

1-Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)(LEB)(Riyadi Beirut Player)
2-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)(LEB)(Riyadi Beirut Player)
3-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)(LEB)(Champville Player)
4-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)(LEB)(Anibal Zahle Player)
5-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEB)(Champville Player)
6-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)(LEB)(Riyadi Beirut Player)
7-Elias Restom (197-SG/SF)(LEB)(Muttahed Tripoli Player)
8-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)(LEB)(Sagesse Beirut Player)
9-Elie Stephan (195-SG/SF)(LEB)(Sagesse Beirut Player)
10-Sabah Khoury (196-SF)(LEB)(Sagesse Beirut Player)
11-Mazen Mneimneh (192-SG)(LEB)(Champville Player)
12-Abboudi El Ferekh (201-PF)(LEB)(Lebanese NT U18 Player)
13-Bilal Tabbara (197-SF/PF)(LEB)(Lebanese NT U18 Player and Riyadi Beirut Player)
14-Karam Mechref (190-SG)(LEB)(Lebanese NT U18 Captain and Champville Player)
15-Omar Ayoubi (197-SF)(LEB)(Muttahed Tripoli Player)
16-Ali Kanaan (206-C)(LEB)(Riyadi Beirut Player)
17-Daniel Faris (206-C)(LEB)(Sagesse Beirut Player)
18-Charles Tabet (206-C)(LEB)(Anibal Zahle Player)
19-Bassel Bawji (204-PF/C)(LEB)(Muttahed Tripoli Player)
20-Mohammad Hamdar(205-C)(LEB)(Hoops Beirut Player)
21-William Billy Faris (206-PF)(LEB)(Riyadi Beirut Player)
22-Nadim Hawi (205-C)(LEB)(Champville Player)
23-Ali Fakhreddine (204-PF)(LEB)(Riyadi Beirut Player)
24-Roy Samaha(205-C)(LEB)(Anibal Zahle Player)
25-Ali Haidar (202-PF)(LEB)(Abroad Player)

to Add that the Lebanese Federation is Considering to Naturalize
Cheikh Samb (216-C)(SEN) Mahram Player OR Darryl Watkins (211-C)(USA) Sagesse Beirut Player !

Every Day Training in Champville Court ,and Ghassan Promise Lebanese Fans to have a strong Team to Compete on the qualification spot to the Olympics Games in London !
plus he said that he choosed young players to have a team for the Future because these are the Prospects of Lebanon
As for Ahmad Ibrahim(199-SF)(LEB) he didn t join because of his University in USA ,he will play next year in Rice Univ. Next to Arsalan Kazemi(201-PF)(IRN) Iran Top Prospect !
As for Ghassan for not choosing Roni Fahed(184-PG)(LEB) for the NT ,he need new blood in the NT and Rony Give a lot for the National Team !!
BTW Omar Ayoubi (197-SF)(LEB) is a young Player about 20 Years Old ,a top Prospect one of the Best slashers in Lebanon ,plus he s a highflyer !!
and Ghassan Also Add for Not Choosing Matt Freijie (208-C)(LEB) or Other Abroads because he hate Adding any player who play for money and not for our country and he s very Sure about his players to give a very good performances plus he said matt did nothing in the NT !!

Walken
07-02-2011, 01:33 PM
update on the situation with Kazakh nt:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.time.kz/index.php%3Fmodule%3Dnews%26newsid%3D22399

CSKA, for objective reasons will not go to Navoi. This means that we need to find "someone" who is still able to play in Uzbekistan
probably even "tourists" wont go to the qual, and money for preparation will be divided between the other sport federations...

usausa
07-03-2011, 02:44 AM
Newest and most shocking update from Kazakhstan

Казахстанская баскетбольная дружина не будет участвовать в отборочном турнире чемпионата Азии в узбекском Навои с 28 июля по 4 августа. А скандал вокруг тренерского штаба мужской сборной по баскетболу (см. “Тренера - в корзину?”, “Время” от 25.06.2011г.) получил свое продолжение.
Translation:

Kazakhstan basketball squad will not participate in the qualifying tournament of Asia in Uzbekistan Navoi from July 28 to August 4. A scandal surrounding the men's coaching staff basketball team (see "Coaches - in the trash?", "Time" from 25.06.2011g.) Won its continuation.

Disappointing developments...expecially from a squad only 4 years removed from placing 4th in Asia and having one of Asia's most promising young stars in Anton Ponomarev.

usausa
07-03-2011, 02:49 AM
http://www.time.kz/index.php?module=news&newsid=22283

Translation of website (google translate)

From 28 July to 4 August in Navoi Uzbek qualifier will be the Asian championship in basketball among men's teams. In addition to its team of Kazakhstan made by the masters competition, Kyrgyz, Tajiks, Turkmens and Afghans. However, it is not known, under whose leadership will play our team. Its steering Vadim Burak (which is also a mentor and BC "Barcelona" from Atyrau) no longer receives a salary as head coach of the Republic of Kazakhstan and is going to abandon this position if the issue is not resolved in the near future.

- De facto, I still coach a major command of the country, - says Vadim. - From these duties I have as long as no one is exempted. So a few days ago I sent a letter to the Basketball Federation of Republic of Kazakhstan with a plan to prepare our team for Asian championship selection. But I am concerned about the conditions under which I will be working in the team? Previously, I paid the salary as head coach in the Atyrau Basketball Federation. But recently she broke an agreement with the National Federation.

- Why?
- By Sergey Shmakov had a hand in charge of the work of the International Department of the Basketball Federation (FB) RK. Wrote about this in your newspaper (see "Do not keep your eggs in one basket," "The Fifth foul for the team," "Time" from 24.08 and 20.10.2010), and other media. The new agreement is to me no one has offered.

- What are your next steps?
- I talked about participation in team selection for the championship of Asia with the gostrenerom Kosyakova Eugene, who said money for the trip will be in Navoi. But since no human relationship with Mr. Shmakov have long gone, I can not just call him and ask what to do. Therefore, it remains to wait for the National Federation of the official answer for his signature. If in the near future will not receive any information that will leave the team.

We were asked to comment on the situation of the Eugene Kosyakova.
- These events have appeared in the schedule at the last moment - he said. - The money for this trip highlights DSHNK (full-time management of national teams committee on sport Mintursporta RK. - MV) Price question - 2.5 mln. But who will carry Kazakh squad, and in which part - is still unknown. I only know that Mr. Burak is going to leave the team. The national federation has no money DSHNK not able to draw the amount that was voiced to us by Mr. Burak (according to our information, he asked for as payment for their labor, $ 2000 per month). That kind of money we receive only those teachers who guarantee a minimum of prizes at the world championships.
Perhaps the basic club team CSKA will. In mid-July she will take part in the World Cup in the military in Brazil. Today it is the most battle-worthy group of people who can not leave. In Brazil, CSKA will be led by Alexander Nechaev. But there are and their complexity: CSKA back from Brazil the day before the competition starts in Navoi. There is concern that children will not be able to recover and get into the tournament, as they say, from the ship to the ball. Therefore, all will become clear after the Games of the Peoples of Kazakhstan, which begins in those days.

interxavierxxx
07-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Guys, what time is the FIBA Asia draw tomorrow?

usausa
07-05-2011, 02:37 PM
And anyone know if theres gonna be a live feed of the draw? at least like something from 2009?

golebanon
07-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Guys, what time is the FIBA Asia draw tomorrow?

yes it's on 6 july,tomorrow.

Jeffie
07-05-2011, 02:51 PM
For the Filipino folks out here.. Are these games shown in BTV (Basketball TV) cable channel? :(

usausa
07-06-2011, 12:28 PM
A - Lebanon
B-
C- Japan, Indonesia, Chinese Taipei
D-

zoman114
07-06-2011, 02:28 PM
2011 FIBA-Asia Draw and "fun" predictions:

Group A: Lebanon, S. Korea, Malaysia, Middle Asia Qualifier #1
- Could be a tough group if Kazakhstan gets to qualify and ends up here. Regardless though, only Malaysia has a really weak chance of advancing.
- Top place should be a toss-up between Lebanon & S. Korea, but the Lebanese have a stronger chance.

Group B: Iran, Qatar, C. Taipei, Middle Asia Qualifier #2
- The toughest group, even if the weaker Middle Asia qualifying country is inserted here.
- If the 4th slot is given to the Kazakhs, then this will undoubtedly be the Group of Death.
- Iran & Qatar should advance, with C. Taipei's fate dependent on who the 4th member is. If it's a team other than Kazakhstan, the Taiwanese should have no problems, but if it's the Kazakhs then it'll be an all-out brawl.

Group C: Jordan, Japan, Syria, Indonesia
- Doesn't look too tough, but the Syrians can upset either of the top two teams (Jordan & Japan).
- Indonesia is the only sure bet to crash out.
- Jordan is favored to get the top spot due to their superior size and, well, they have naturalized American Rasheim Wright.

Group D: China, Philippines, UAE, Bahrain
- Probably the easiest group, with China and the Philippines being clear-cut favorites.
- China is the strongest here and will probably sweep the opposition, but the Pinoys have an outside chance to upset them, especially with Marcus Douthit and 4 PBA reinforcements in tow.
- Bahrain and UAE have a 1-1 record against each other from the Gulf sub-zone qualifiers. It should be interesting to see which one takes the 3rd spot in the next round.

*Remember: Top 3 teams from each group will advance to the Eighth-Final Round. A team's win-loss record against the other two advancing teams from the same group will be carried over. Each team will play against all three advancing team from the partner group --
Top 3 from Groups A & B will comprise Group E while top 3 from Groups C & D will make up Group F. Top 4 from each new group of the Eight-Final Round will advance to the Single-Elimination Final Round. Quarterfinal pairings: 1E vs 4F, 2F vs 3E, 1F vs 4E, and 2E vs 3F. Winners move on to the Semifinals and then winners there dispute the 2012 London Olympics slot in the Championship game.

*Just for fun, let's see how things MIGHT go:
- Let's say Kazakhstan gets into Group A and India qualifies into Group B.
- Givens: Lebanon will not have Jackson Vroman and Matt Freije; Iran will have Hamed Haddadi; China will not have Yao Ming, but will have Yi Jianlian; Other than those conditions, all teams will be at full-strength

- Teams whom I think will advance to the Eighth-Final Round:
Group A: Lebanon, S. Korea & Kazkahstan
Group B: Iran, Qatar & C. Taipei
Group C: Jordan, Japan & Syria
Group D: China, Philippines & UAE

- From here, I'll pick Iran, Lebanon, S. Korea & Qatar to advance from Group E.
- I'll also pick China, Philippines, Jordan & Japan to advance from Group F.

- IF that happens, this could be the Championship Round pairings:
Iran vs Japan -- Iran should win quite handily.
Philippines vs S. Korea -- Tough to call since S. Korean NT has never played the Pinoys with Douthit around. I'll be biased and pick PHL.
China vs Qatar -- China hands down.
Lebanon vs Jordan -- Should be close, with Fadi El-Khatib outplaying Sam Dahglas just enough for Lebanon to advance.

- Semis: Iran vs Philippines and China vs Lebanon -- If Haddadi is healthy then Iran will have the edge while China should have enough to hurdle Lebanon.
- Finals: Iran vs China -- China will avenge its 2009 championship loss and beat Iran to advance to the 2012 London Olympics.

mavrick_h
07-06-2011, 05:20 PM
06/07/2011

CHN/IRI - Iran to begin title defense in Group B; China opt for Gr. D; Lebanon in Gr. A

WUHAN, China (26th FIBA Asia Championship): Twice defending champions Iran will match wits with GCC champions Qatar, East Asia’s Chinese Taipei and the qualifier from the “Stan” division of Middle Asia in Group B in the Preliminary Round of the 26th FIBA Asia Championship.

The draw for the 26th FIBA Asia Championship was completed at the host city Wuhan amidst a sparkling ceremony on the Yangzte River on Wednesday.

Vice Mayor of Wuhan Liu Shunni presided over the Draw Ceremony in the presence of Hu Dechun, Director of Administration of Sports of Hubei Province, Luo Changgang, Director of Economic and Technological Development Zone, Zhang Jin, Deputy Director of Admin. of Sports of Hubei Province, Former China National Team coach Liu Guiyi and the representatives of sponsors – KIA Motors, PEAK and Sportsfive.

FIBA Asia Deputy Secretary General Hagop Khajirian along with FIBA Asia Hon. Chairman Xin Lancheng, also the Secretary General of CBA, supervised the Draw proceedings.

The 26th FIBA Asia Championship, also the qualifying event for the 2012 London Olympics, will be held from Sept 15-25.

The champion team from Wuhan will directly qualify for the most significant sporting event at the British capital, while the No 2 and No 3 teams will qualify for the FIBA Olympic qualifying tournament.

Hosts China as per the procedure of the draw opted to play in Group D after SEABA champions Philippines along with GCC duo UAE and Bahrain were drawn.

Lebanon, who qualified for the 26th FIBA Asia Championship directly by virtue of winning the title in the 3rd FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup last year were drawn in Group A along with the qualifier from the SAARC division of Middle Asia, SEABA’s Malaysia and recently crowned East Asian champions Korea.

Japan, who lost to Lebanon in the 3rd FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup, were drawn into Group C along with SEABA runners-up Indonesia, 2009 FIBA Asia Championship bronze medalists Jordan and another WABA team Syria.

The 26th FIBA Asia Championship is the fifth occasion when China will host this prestigious event – 1989 Beijing, 2001 Shanghai, 2003 Harbin and 2009 Tianjin are the earlier occasions.

The Draw process

The four semifinalists of the 3rd FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup – Lebanon, Japan, Qatar and Philippines – were seeded into four different groups, and the draw decided which group each of them will figure. Liu Guiyi conducted the draw for the seeded teams.

The two Middle Asian representatives along with Indonesia and UAE were drawn next. Hu Dechun drew the lots to decide which team goes where.

Luo Changgang conducted the draw for the next level involving Malaysia, Taipei, Syria and Bahrain to follow suit.

At this stage, China exercised their right – as hosts – of choice in the groupings and Zhang Jin drew Iran, Jordan and Korea into their respective groups.

Groupings for Preliminary Round

Group A: Lebanon, Middle Asia 1, Malaysia, Korea

Group B: Qatar, Middle Asia 2, Ch. Taipei, Iran

Group C: Japan, Indonesia, Syria, Jordan

Group D: Philippines, UAE, Bahrain, China.

Notes:

Middle Asia 1: New Delhi hosts the SAARC teams from July 13-15 to identify this qualifier.

Middle Asia 2: Navoi (UBZ) will host Afghanistan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan as the four teams attempt to win this qualifying berth.

The top three teams from each group will advance to the Second Round in the following manner.

Second Round Groupings

Group E: A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3

Group F: C1, C2, C3, D1, D2, D3

Each team will play the three (3) new teams in its own group (the final scores of all games played in the Preliminary Round are valid for this round). The top four from each group in the Second Round will advance to the knockout quarterfinal stage.

FIBA Asia

Solenab
07-21-2011, 05:47 PM
This is totally unfair guys !
First of all, why did FIBA-Asia take the AC away from Lebanon ?
Second thing, why China ? I mean China was the hosting country of AC-2009
Is China the only country in Asia? There are about 55 countries in Asia !!!

m with you in everything u said ! lebanon can host this championship ! but please can someone give a website were lebanon games are schedule plzz i really need it !

gazara
07-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Soon... he s Coming ;) :D

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/246682_10150209981023050_739438049_7147946_7413492 _n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254985_215822375115935_100000645230615_722862_2367 213_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250162_10150209980983050_739438049_7147945_164864_ n.jpg

Cheikh Fadi El Khatib Captain Of Lebanon ,the Man who s Every Team fear From !!!!

behzadir
07-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Soon... he s Coming

First i read your sentence i was like Michael Jordan?!!;):D

lebanese phoenix
07-26-2011, 09:44 PM
First i read your sentence i was like Michael Jordan?!!;):D

well he is...by asian standards of course.
since untill now, no asian player has been able to match up with him, and that's a hard fact (Yao ming excluded).
So yes, he is the equivalent of michael jordan, he is the heart and soul of our NT, his absence is very hurtfull and his presence is a blessing to us, we all saw what happened to us in 2009 and 2010 when he was sidelined by the coaches.

usausa
07-27-2011, 02:45 AM
m with you in everything u said ! lebanon can host this championship ! but please can someone give a website were lebanon games are schedule plzz i really need it !

I don't think a schedule has been released yet chief.

mavrick_h
07-27-2011, 03:43 AM
well he is...by asian standards of course.
since untill now, no asian player has been able to match up with him, and that's a hard fact (Yao ming excluded).
So yes, he is the equivalent of michael jordan, he is the heart and soul of our NT, his absence is very hurtfull and his presence is a blessing to us, we all saw what happened to us in 2009 and 2010 when he was sidelined by the coaches.

loool let me jog your memory 2005 Doha AC Fadi's penetration in face off Yao ...does anyone remember that ? Fadi going up for a dunk Yao defends trying to reject.he puts his arm all over Fadi with his height advantage...Fadi turned the clash into a skillful lay-up !

Yao gone mad went to the referee table arguing the referees accusing Fadi using his arm to defend the ball. He injured his forehead (right above the eye part) and went out to grab couple of stitches.

While he was angry he took some of the blood from the injured part and scratch it on the referee table.

I'm sure both players till this day remember the incident.

behzadir
07-27-2011, 08:28 AM
loool let me jog your memory 2005 Doha AC Fadi's penetration in face off Yao ...does anyone remember that ? Fadi going up for a dunk Yao defends trying to reject.he puts his arm all over Fadi with his height advantage...Fadi turned the clash into a skillful lay-up !

Yao gone mad went to the referee table arguing the referees accusing Fadi using his arm to defend the ball. He injured his forehead (right above the eye part) and went out to grab couple of stitches.

While he was angry he took some of the blood from the injured part and scratch it on the referee table.

I'm sure both players till this day remember the incident.

So your saying that he is better than Yao now? Well i love your logics.A layup makes you a better player.
Yao is an 8 time All Star.He is in another planet.
I'm ok with comparing the so called MJ with ay other player even Haddadi,but please Yao is something else.

Don't ruin your reputation dude.

mavrick_h
07-27-2011, 10:53 AM
So your saying that he is better than Yao now? Well i love your logics.A layup makes you a better player.
Yao is an 8 time All Star.He is in another planet.
I'm ok with comparing the so called MJ with ay other player even Haddadi,but please Yao is something else.

Don't ruin your reputation dude.

no i'm not saying that but comparing two different players on two different positions is unlikely...Yao Best Center in Asia Fadi Best SF is Asia.

the lay-up is a great proof of that Yao with his huge body can't stop MJ :P

Yao had NBA career because of his height...unless he would never been that much affective.
Zhi-Zhi , Jian Lian also played in NBA but they never had Yao's career.

And for the record Fadi signed with LA Clippers before Yao was even in the states...the only problem was his release paper from Sagesse which led him to stay here.

Proof:
http://nbahoopsonline.com/History/Year/03-04/transactions.html

Khalid80
07-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Come on guys :cool:

behzadir
07-27-2011, 11:43 AM
no i'm not saying that but comparing two different players on two different positions is unlikely...Yao Best Center in Asia Fadi Best SF is Asia.

the lay-up is a great proof of that Yao with his huge body can't stop MJ :P

Yao had NBA career because of his height...unless he would never been that much affective.
Zhi-Zhi , Jian Lian also played in NBA but they never had Yao's career.

And for the record Fadi signed with LA Clippers before Yao was even in the states...the only problem was his release paper from Sagesse which led him to stay here.

Proof:
http://nbahoopsonline.com/History/Year/03-04/transactions.html

Yao is incomparable,bottom line.

I really like Fadi as a player but the way you guys are talking about him makes me reconsider somethings.

It's better off ignoring you so i can still like Fadi as much as i do right now.;)

mavrick_h
07-27-2011, 11:46 AM

I really like Fadi as a player but the way you guys are talking about him makes me reconsider somethings.

It's better off ignoring you so i can still like Fadi as much as i do right now.;)

great choice :)

lebanese phoenix
07-27-2011, 01:10 PM

of course you cant compare Fadi to Yao bcs they both play very very different positions:D
but if i were to say how valuable they both are to their teams i would say they are both equally as valuable, as china without Yao is much weaker just like lebanon without el Khatib is also much weaker.
they both are great players who can carry teams on their shoulders.

you know this discussion reminds me of another one we had about who was the best lebanese player ever, el Khatib or Rony Seikaly, the former led lebanon to glory while the latter set numerous NBA records and helped US win gold, the conclusion was that you just cant compare them bcs their job is very different.
But what i can surely say is that el khatib is just as much of a valuable player as Yao, and Mavrick was trying to say that in one on one confrotations el khatib had the edge:)
It's kinda like you're trying to compare Oliver Kahn to Ronaldo in football:p

Mojado
07-27-2011, 01:56 PM
How about opening a new topic like El Khatib vs. Yao - Who is the better player. There you can post pics and videos and discuss things. Thought this thread is about the Asian Champs...and I dont see Yao playing in it this year. Wonder why mods allow to post some big pics and so on...smh

acklium
07-27-2011, 03:08 PM
How about opening a new topic like El Khatib vs. Yao - Who is the better player. There you can post pics and videos and discuss things. Thought this thread is about the Asian Champs...and I dont see Yao playing in it this year. Wonder why mods allow to post some big pics and so on...smh

its a common sense dude..theres no nid of comparison..

gazara
07-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Both Are Great Players ,BTW Fadi EL Khatib is a legend ,he Gave the Asian Champ For Riyadi this Year after a Spectacular Show and who watched the Game know what i am talking about ,that Khatib Just killed the Iranians ,he scored in that game 42 pts

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/46456_156236841057764_100000143484047_525884_66784 76_n.jpg

http://39.img.v4.skyrock.net/396/liban-maroc/pics/230733025_small.jpg

Hope one Day we will have another Fadi EL Khatib

gazara
07-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Loren Woods (218-C)(USA) Will be The New Naturalized player For the Lebanese National Team ,and he will sign in the next few hours !

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247076_230812006928837_100000001198605_1095635_322 7581_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/251174_230828056927232_100000001198605_1095748_664 2880_n.jpg

Good Choice For the Lebanese National Team ,he will be a very Good Add for Our NT ,a huge C like Woods + he s an experienced player ,Gd luck for Our National team

Preparations:

-Team Daily Practices
-King Abdallah Tournament (Done)
-Camp in Turkey :About 4-5 Games Against Turkish D1 Teams
-Friendly Tourney in Quatar:{Quatar-Iran-Phillipines}

*Daniel Faris (206-C)(LEB) Will not join The Lebanese NT This Summer {INJURY}

*Ahmad Ibrahim (199-SF)(LEB) Will not Join The NT ,because of his Preparations with his New University Rice ,and he will play next to Arsalan Kazemi (201-SF/PF)(IRN)

gazara
07-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEB) Lebanese NT Captain Will NOT JOIN NT This Year he will take some rest and give his Time for his Basketball Academy :(

We will miss Fadi a lot in this Championship !

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/19057_321311831076_34085496076_5066073_2025097_n.j pg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v297/96/8/34085496076/n34085496076_1602349_210.jpg

Absent List:

-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEB)
-Daniel Faris (206-C)(LEB)
-Rony Fahed (184-PG)(LEB)
-Matt Freijie (208-PF)(LEB-USA)

AlYuson
07-30-2011, 08:47 AM
How about this..yao ming has become a global sports icon while fadi el khatib when he retired will be a legendary basketball player in lebanon..see the difference

Khalid80
07-31-2011, 09:22 AM
The level of communication between you guys is really disappointing and has gotten way out of hand :cool:

Instead of arguing with each other and taking things personally you can always report a message that you find to be offensive and we will take the appropriate action.

And remember the title of this thread is FIBA Asia Championship 2011 Wuhan so keep that in mind!!!

One last time here are the IBN forum rules and regulations... Next time we won't mention this anymore and will take the appropriate action even if that means that bans will be given out.

Also regarding posting pictures please read the bolded part below so all is clear and concise whether it's for normal pics or signatures and thank you

INTERBASKET.NET FORUM GUIDELINES

Most people at InterBasket.Net get along fine. This is a big site with very few problems and everyone has freedom of speech here.

If you follow these basic guidelines, you can help keep this site strong.

DO
• Use common courtesy
• Exercise your good judgment
• Debate respectfully
• Translate to English by yourself or with a computer program
• Build a good reputation
• Report offensive behavior using the "report" buttons

DON’T
• Abuse, stalk, or insult other users (even if they deserve it or started it)
• Spam, flood, or irritate
• Intentionally start arguments or flame wars
• Make off-topic posts

EXTRA NOTES TO REMEMBER
• Avoid discussing issues that are sensitive to other users. Some issues are obviously upsetting, especially issues of nationality. You won’t solve anything by making such discussions.
• The best way to end any argument is to simply write "Whatever " and stop posting in that topic.
• Spamming includes unwanted advertising. It is usually not a good idea to create a new post just to advertise another website. If your first post is a link to an ad for used basketball socks, you’ll probably get banned. (If an outside website is relevant to a discussion, post a link. Feel free to post a link to your personal website or blog in your signature).
• Keep images and signatures at a reasonable size so that the site is easy for everyone to download. 450 pixels by 100 pixels is the largest size for a signature, even if the picture in your signature is linked to another site.
• To avoid flooding (posting too much about the same thing in an inappropriate discussion), create threads for specific topics that you post a lot about. There is no need to interrupt the discussion of “EuroLeague Rumors and Signings” with lots of posts about the scores in the Andorran Division III League. Make a new thread about the Andorran Division III League and get people excited.
• The “UN Forum” at the bottom of the forums homepage is a great place for “off-topic” discussions.
• In the past, a few loud users have had trouble avoiding sensitive issues and insulting other users. When this happens, it is usually because of a sports rivalry that does not need to be dramatized on the internet. Remember: there are probably a few nice Lakers fans somewhere in the world, so don’t call them all “idiots.”
• Please provide reputable links when you can. Links to online newspapers are clearly more reputable than links to a forum that contains wild rumors. If the link is not in English, please provide a translation.

CONSEQUENCES
If users decide to damage the quality of InterBasket.Net by insulting, flooding, spamming, or otherwise violating the integrity of InterBasket.Net, moderators usually send several warnings. The moderators here are very patient and a simple reminder to the violating user is usually the end of the issue. However, should a user continue to hurt the discussion at InterBasket.Net, it will result in a series of temporary bans and, if the violations continue, end in a permanent ban.

There have been users in the past who joined InterBasket.Net and immediately started making racist or other prejudicial comments. These cases are always obvious and such users are banned without discussion.

webuyube
08-01-2011, 11:41 AM
honored Yao by three Chinese sports associations
July 26th, 2011
by John

It’s not much of a surprise, but it was confirmed Yao will not be playing for the Chinese National Team again, including the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Bummer for Chinese hoops fans.

On a lighter note, Yao received many awards from various Chinese sports groups a couple of days ago at a ceremony in Beijing attended by about 200 people.

July 25th, 2011 - Yao Ming receives a jersey with his old number on it

July 25th, 2011 - Yao Ming speaks at a CBA ceremony that honored him

Many top sports officials were there as well as some of Yao’s former coaches from the Chinese National Team. Yao received the following awards:

- The State General Administration of Sports awarded him with a Sports Honorary Medal
- The Chinese Olympic Committee awarded him with a Chinese Olympic Gold Medal
- The Chinese Basketball Association awarded him the China Award for Outstanding Contribution to Basketball, and made him an Honorary National Team member for Life (which is stitched on to the jersey above)

samer_1_2
08-04-2011, 01:25 PM

hahahaha.. nice from you Mojado..

gazara
08-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Official Absences of Lebanese NT Players :

1-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEB) {Need A Rest}
2-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)(LEB) {Injury}
3-Daniel Faris (206-C)(LEB){Inury}
4-Roni Fahed (184-PG){Wasn't Called }
5-Matt Freijie (208-PF){Wasn't Called}
6-Ahmad Ibrahim (199-SF)(LEB){He Will be With Rice in this Period}
7-Maybe Ali Haidar(202-PF)(LEB){He Will be with His University}

I think it s a bad News for The Lebanese NT Missing these Players ,but Still we have good Chances ,We Have Elias Restom ,Jean Abdel Nour ,Rod Akl ,Elie Stephan ,Ghaleb Rida ,Charles Tabet ,Bassel Bawji ,Naturalized Player

in My Opinion our Squad will be:

4-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
5-Naturalized Player
6-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)
7-Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)
8-Elias Restom (197-SF)
9-Elie Stephan (192-SG)
10-Ali Kanaan(206-C)
11-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
12-Charles Tabet(206-C)
13-Bassel Bawji (205-PF/C)
14-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
15-Ali Haidar(202-PF)

Captain of The Team will be Set For Jean Abdel Nour or Ghaleb Rida ,the 2 Most Experienced Players between these 12 Players !

Our Starting Five in my Opinion:

PG:Rodrigue Akl
SG:Elias Restom
SF:Jean Abdel Nour
PF:Charles Tabet
C:Naturalized Player

Still we Have a Good Team !

Buran
08-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Official Absences of Lebanese NT Players :

1-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEB) {Need A Rest}
2-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)(LEB) {Injury}
3-Daniel Faris (206-C)(LEB){Inury}
4-Roni Fahed (184-PG){Wasn't Called }
5-Matt Freijie (208-PF){Wasn't Called}
6-Ahmad Ibrahim (199-SF)(LEB){He Will be With Rice in this Period}
7-Maybe Ali Haidar(202-PF)(LEB){He Will be with His University}

I think it s a bad News for The Lebanese NT Missing these Players ,but Still we have good Chances ,We Have Elias Restom ,Jean Abdel Nour ,Rod Akl ,Elie Stephan ,Ghaleb Rida ,Charles Tabet ,Bassel Bawji ,Naturalized Player

in My Opinion our Squad will be:

5-Naturalized Player
6-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)
7-Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)
8-Elias Restom (197-SF)
9-Elie Stephan (192-SG)
10-Ali Kanaan(206-C)
11-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
12-Charles Tabet(206-C)
13-Bassel Bawji (205-PF/C)
14-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
15-Ali Haidar(202-PF)

Captain of The Team will be Set For Jean Abdel Nour or Ghaleb Rida ,the 2 Most Experienced Players between these 12 Players !

Our Starting Five in my Opinion:

PG:Rodrigue Akl
SG:Elias Restom
SF:Jean Abdel Nour
PF:Charles Tabet
C:Naturalized Player

Still we Have a Good Team !

If I remember correctly, before the 2009 games Fadi El-Khatib had decided to not join the NT, but he ended up being part of the squad at the end. Is it fair to say he will probably join the team again?

golebanon
08-07-2011, 12:39 PM
If I remember correctly, before the 2009 games Fadi El-Khatib had decided to not join the NT, but he ended up being part of the squad at the end. Is it fair to say he will probably join the team again?

He was never clearer than now,he won't join us this year,maybe in 2013 he'll be a part of the team.

Bernard
08-09-2011, 10:20 AM
He was never clearer than now,he won't join us this year,maybe in 2013 he'll be a part of the team.

cool, maybe he'll be using some elderly assistance kit on court... :rolleyes:

anyways... its a shame how we had a chance to improve the Lebanese basketball even more, and keep the glow shining, but unfortunately, there are some political effects even inside sports... the only getaway we have as citizens, and they are destroying it!...

its a shame to c other federations taking very good care of their national teams, players and future players, and taking good decisions, making good preparations programs....as for us we are so laid back and leaving everything till the last second!! 1 month prior to the tournament !!...and the funny part is that with such conditions and our NT is achieving some good results !!...how about if, JUST FOR ONCE, we seriously prepare the NT, and right decisions will be taken by our lovely federation...what will Lebanon achieve ?!......

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians!!)

Buran
08-10-2011, 04:53 AM

wouldn't he be a bit old in 2013? I think this is a good window of opportunity for Lebanon to achieve something (he had a great performance a few months ago in the asian club games), and to me, coaching kids in a summer camp or being tired doesn't sound like a good reason for missing this important event, unless he is injured.

daniab
08-10-2011, 07:02 AM
wouldn't he be a bit old in 2013? I think this is a good window of opportunity for Lebanon to achieve something (he had a great performance a few months ago in the asian club games), and to me, coaching kids in a summer camp or being tired doesn't sound like a good reason for missing this important event, unless he is injured.

Hello Buran, Fadi might be back, nothing sure yet!
But let me explain to u, Fadi has been playing for the Lebanese NT since 1999, does it ring bell? he just missed the summer of 2003 and 2004, and other than that he was always with the NT during the summer. The thing is that Fadi has been pressured a lot, whether locally with his club (he played this year almost 80 official and unofficial games) and internationally with the NT!
However, i still do believe that Fadi can serve the NT 5 more years, since he is a very professional player who trains 7 to 10 hours per day and he still in great shape!

golebanon
08-10-2011, 07:09 AM

Although Fadi is a great player,but in my opinion i hate his mentality.As Daniab said he may change his mind in the last minute as happens every year,but i think he's trying to retire in a polite way by making fatigue and teaching kids as excuses,maybe it's time to give the chance to other players inorder to shine in the proper time.

Khalid80
08-10-2011, 07:48 AM
I would love to see Fadi back only if he wants to play for our NT... Pressuring or trying to force him to join the NT is wrong and imo will definitely negatively affect the team and make things worse.

I hope the federation aren't doing this...

Projectspeed
08-12-2011, 08:52 AM
26TH FIBA ASIA CHAMPIONSHIP
Competition Schedule

http://www.fibaasia.net/PDFUpload/PDF012011811233322.PDF

basketcager
08-12-2011, 11:36 AM
26TH FIBA ASIA CHAMPIONSHIP
Competition Schedule

http://www.fibaasia.net/PDFUpload/PDF012011811233322.PDF

http://www.fibaasia.net/PDFUpload/PDF0120118124211.PDF

usausa
08-12-2011, 03:17 PM
http://www.fibaasia.net/PDFUpload/PDF0120118124211.PDF

The one you posted just has added notes, like first team wears white, second dark...and also your link has added the very important note that order of games in a given day may change to accomodate TV requirements...games and order of games on both are the same.

paolylo
08-16-2011, 06:13 PM
based on the groupings from the prelims all the way to the finals

1. Iran
2. South Korea
3. China
4. Philippines
5. Japan
6. Jordan
7. Qatar
8. Lebanon
9. Chinese Taipei
10. Syria
11. Bahrain
12. India
13. Uzbekistan
14. Malaysia
15. Indonesia
16. UAE

considerations:

Group B in the prelims is such a tough group, Chinese Taipei will only be able to beat Uzbekistan there and India in the eighth final. i think China will get South Korea in the semis but lose... i'm just crossing my fingers that Philippines beats Lebanon in the quarters, but either would have to go through Iran who'd win it all.

babdelkader
08-19-2011, 09:08 AM

1. Iran
2. South Korea
3. China
4. Philippines
5. Japan
6. Jordan
7. Qatar
8. Lebanon
9. Chinese Taipei
10. Syria
11. Bahrain
12. India
13. Uzbekistan
14. Malaysia
15. Indonesia
16. UAE

considerations:

Group B in the prelims is such a tough group, Chinese Taipei will only be able to beat Uzbekistan there and India in the eighth final. i think China will get South Korea in the semis but lose... i'm just crossing my fingers that Philippines beats Lebanon in the quarters, but either would have to go through Iran who'd win it all.

ur underestimating us man...

leb-basket
08-19-2011, 09:22 AM

1. Iran
2. South Korea
3. China
4. Philippines
5. Japan
6. Jordan
7. Qatar
8. Lebanon
9. Chinese Taipei
10. Syria
11. Bahrain
12. India
13. Uzbekistan
14. Malaysia
15. Indonesia
16. UAE

considerations:

u serious man ? ok we are facing some troubles but we are still a strong team

babdelkader
08-19-2011, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=paolylo;617958]based on the groupings from the prelims all the way to the finals

1. Iran
2. South Korea
3. China
4. Qatar
5. Lebanon
6. Japan
7. Jordan
8. Philippines
9. Chinese Taipei
10. Syria
11. Bahrain
12. India
13. Uzbekistan
14. Malaysia
15. Indonesia
16. UAE

that's better ;)

rtk04
08-19-2011, 12:32 PM
2. Iran
3. China
4. South Korea
5. Qatar
6. Japan
7. Jordan
8. Philippines
9. Chinese Taipei
10. Syria
11. Bahrain
12. India
13. Uzbekistan
14. Malaysia
15. Indonesia
16. UAE
1. Lebanon

mavrick_h
08-19-2011, 01:39 PM
ur underestimating us man...

no he's not judging a QF exit 8th place is so reasonable

remember we never play seriously the ranking games lol

kingkobe
08-19-2011, 02:08 PM
lets see how will affect lebanon's game without fadi el khatib and the other starters..and plus your naturalized player is still unknown..coleman?watkins??

mavrick_h
08-19-2011, 03:32 PM
lets see how will affect lebanon's game without fadi el khatib and the other starters..and plus your naturalized player is still unknown..coleman?watkins??

that doesn't mean every team including all top contenders excluding China are going to win over Lebanon.

we've beaten France in 2006 WC when we were in a state of war.

and for those whom are continuously saying that Fadi is everything in your NT. you're wrong.
Fadi clearly said 'i'm not superman' for many times now.

macan77
08-19-2011, 04:05 PM
that doesn't mean every team including all top contenders excluding China are going to win over Lebanon.

we've beaten France in 2006 WC when we were in a state of war.

and for those whom are continuously saying that Fadi is everything in your NT. you're wrong.
Fadi clearly said 'i'm not superman' for many times now.

i like you positive thinking..just like our support with our national team..but i think, if ever we meet in the fiba asia, we will win by atleast 8 points..;)

rikhardur
08-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Let's stick to the topic guys, politics is elsewhere. Thanks.

lebanese phoenix
08-19-2011, 05:01 PM
i like you positive thinking..just like our support with our national team..but i think, if ever we meet in the fiba asia, we will win by atleast 8 points..;)

and what's the base of your brilliant analysis?:p
the fact that philipines has never beaten lebanon in any official tournement?:rolleyes:
i like your positive thinking,but i think that it pays sometimes to be real;)
if you think that just bcs lebanon is weaker just bcs we're missing el khatib and 5 other starters then you're in for a big surprise,seriously,with the agressive lineup we're fielding,i'd be surprised if you can score more than 65 points against us:cool:

mavrick_h
08-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Let's stick to the topic guys, politics is elsewhere. Thanks.

agree + 1

sinobball
08-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Today is the 2nd day since tickets have gone on sale, and so far, the Final game was the best-seller (no surprise), followed by the China-Philippines game in first round. A lot of Pinoys coming to Wuhan? What about other countries?

behzadir
08-19-2011, 09:03 PM
the fact that philipines has never beaten lebanon in any official tournement?:rolleyes:
if you think that just bcs lebanon is weaker just bcs we're missing el khatib and 5 other starters then you're in for a big surprise,seriously,with the agressive lineup we're fielding,i'd be surprised if you can score more than 65 points against us:cool:

Hmmm?? So you regularly go on the court with 6 players?!! Last time i remember Khatib was a starter!

gazara
08-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Darryl Watkins (211-C)(USA) Is the New Naturalized Player for The Lebanese NT !

He Was playing this year with Sagesse Beirut Club !

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182239_10150145412145420_538575419_8539127_1333270 _n.jpg

Darryl Watkins #3

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/225867_10150170831452510_545357509_6691385_2798672 _n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/228146_2005125323406_1101838327_32413665_7443370_n .jpg

reamily
08-20-2011, 01:54 AM
^^ What he means is 5 other potential starters for example Rony Fahed starts at pg but also Ali Mahmoud as lebanese best pure pg can also start at point and rony goes up to 2 where his scoring prowess will maximized:D

macan77
08-20-2011, 07:16 AM

that's my analysis, and yours is different..maybe we would beat you now in an official tournament (what you mean by official tournament by the way?)..just maybe..;)

babdelkader
08-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Hmmm?? So you regularly go on the court with 6 players?!! Last time i remember Khatib was a starter!

don't you think Iran has also just 6 main players !!! you go to court with 6 players !!!

behzadir
08-20-2011, 01:16 PM
FYI there is a small difference between a starter and a main player! We only have 5 starters but we can have more main players. Good to know!

babdelkader
08-20-2011, 02:51 PM
FYI there is a small difference between a starter and a main player! We only have 5 starters but we can have more main players. Good to know!

You're so funny.
Yes yiu CAN have more than 5 main players, but actually ur team hasn't more than 5 good main ones.

jundakki
08-20-2011, 03:53 PM
The way I see it....

http://i52.tinypic.com/2illef9.jpg

makotosing
08-20-2011, 04:01 PM
You're so funny.
Yes yiu CAN have more than 5 main players, but actually ur team hasn't more than 5 good main ones.

(that's not the correct translation ;))
translation: okey.

lebanese phoenix
08-20-2011, 05:55 PM

my first answer to you got deleted,but i'll go ahead and tell you in a nicer more acceptable way.
You have a problem my friend, pray, seriously,maybe God will hear your prayers and help you out.

but just to prove how ignorant you are, can you pls tell me who's Lebanon's starting PG?

macan77
08-20-2011, 06:00 PM
The way I see it....

http://i52.tinypic.com/2illef9.jpg

there was a news that Syria is suspended this coming Fiba-asia, secondly, the 2nd place will be a toss up between Japan, Jordan, and Philippines..but i think, if everything goes well in the coming weeks, Philippines might come up 2nd.

gazara
08-21-2011, 10:19 AM
guys our National Team is doing like Lithuania in 2010 WC ,when they go to WC with young Team ,and we r doing this step ,Our team is young + a naturalized player we lack the C Position
Specially that all our Starters and Main Players are out of the Team !

1-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF) the Team Captain (50% of our Team Power)
2-Brian Bechara (204-PF)
3-Matt Freijie (208-PF)
4-Daniel Faris (206-C)
5-Billy Faris (206-PF)
6-Roni Fahed (184-PG)
7-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)

These Are The Main or Power Players for Our NT who will miss this Year Asian championship ,and to Add we will miss Ahmad Ibrahim(199-SF) ,Omar turk (188-SG) ,Ali Haidar (202-PF) ...

we are going to Asia with a new Blood a new Team!!

Rodrigue Akl(188-PG) Will be the Starting PG and the Captain of the Lebanese NT !

on the PG Position:

-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG) Was Before with the NT but never Appears on the court ,always we have the Same Rotation Fahed-Mahmoud
-Appearance of 2 New PGs who will play for the First Time for Our NT !!
Miguel Martinez (188-PG) and Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)

daniab
08-21-2011, 12:03 PM

Moe Ibrahim played with our NT in 2003 Fiba Asia championship

bballer2010
08-22-2011, 04:48 AM
there was a news that Syria is suspended this coming Fiba-asia, secondly, the 2nd place will be a toss up between Japan, Jordan, and Philippines..but i think, if everything goes well in the coming weeks, Philippines might come up 2nd.

qatar has been working hard all summer dont under estimate them, they have been on the downhill last couple championships. Dont be shocked if they upset china in Quarterfinals or even beat iran in round robin to avoid a quarter final china match. They have naturalized Chanucey Leslie and are ready with their key guys slowing down they know its now or never, on top Ngombo is playing outstanding basketball right now. He had a breakout summer last year and is rollign this summer as well

potz05
08-22-2011, 05:40 AM
qatar has been working hard all summer dont under estimate them, they have been on the downhill last couple championships. Dont be shocked if they upset china in Quarterfinals or even beat iran in round robin to avoid a quarter final china match. They have naturalized Chanucey Leslie and are ready with their key guys slowing down they know its now or never, on top Ngombo is playing outstanding basketball right now. He had a breakout summer last year and is rollign this summer as well

Oh yeah right... Plus the fact that 7 -8 players are Africans playing for an Asian team.. Come on!

rtk04
08-22-2011, 05:42 AM

and Ngombo is a famous Qatari family?? consider participating in Africa, u might have higher chances. (Bin Hamam was the wrong person to be banned for life from FIFA..it should have been that guy heading FIBA asia)

babdelkader
08-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Moe Ibrahim played with our NT in 2003 Fiba Asia championship

Dani, any news about the naturalized player ?
is he daniels cruz ?

macan77
08-22-2011, 10:32 AM

read my post carefully coz im pointing about the 2nd place in the merging of group C and D (or otherewise known as group f) im not talking about the whole fiba..

usausa
08-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Haven't seen this yet, so I am going to post it now.

Wuhan 2011 site now online (no more 'Coming Soon')

wuhan2011.fibaasia.net

coffeeoffice
08-28-2011, 01:46 AM
IMO for The Philippine side come Fiba-Asia Quarters, as their possible opponent would be on Group E with a probable ranking as follows:
IRAN
KOREA

after this the last 2 spot is a toss up between Taiwan, Qatar, and Lebanon..

Honestly im rooting for LEBANON and Taiwan to ELIMINATE Qatar because based on W-L History Team Philippines has some problems with Qatar and almost any Filipino B-Ball fan knows that and on the other hand Philippines had some good match-up against Taiwan and Lebanon.

So come quarters on GROUP E... i'll say this

GO TAIWAN!!:o
GO LEBANON!!:)
eliminate qatar!!!:rolleyes:

lebanese NT
08-28-2011, 06:12 PM
IMO for The Philippine side come Fiba-Asia Quarters, as their possible opponent would be on Group E with a probable ranking as follows:
IRAN
KOREA

after this the last 2 spot is a toss up between Taiwan, Qatar, and Lebanon..

Honestly im rooting for LEBANON and Taiwan to ELIMINATE Qatar because based on W-L History Team Philippines has some problems with Qatar and almost any Filipino B-Ball fan knows that and on the other hand Philippines had some good match-up against Taiwan and Lebanon.

So come quarters on GROUP E... i'll say this

GO TAIWAN!!:o
GO LEBANON!!:)
eliminate qatar!!!:rolleyes:
lebanon can and should win over qatar but CT i doubt they will. they lack size especially under the basket where qatar strength lies. so i think qatar might place 4th after lebanon korea and iran in no particular order ( unless they surprise us with an unexpected win. and they will be facing probably china and not RP so ur safe unless they win lebanon korea or iran.

coffeeoffice
08-30-2011, 01:58 AM
lebanon can and should win over qatar but CT i doubt they will. they lack size especially under the basket where qatar strength lies. so i think qatar might place 4th after lebanon korea and iran in no particular order ( unless they surprise us with an unexpected win. and they will be facing probably china and not RP so ur safe unless they win lebanon korea or iran.

I am really rooting for Lebanon and Taiwan to eliminate Qatar..
I think CT can handle Qatar if you will review their previous matches CT has more won game against them, because Qatar has some problems with Taiwans quickness.

but with qatar naturalizing another player like Leslie... Qatar is really addressing their pg and quickness problems.

babdelkader
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
guys our National Team is doing like Lithuania in 2010 WC ,when they go to WC with young Team ,and we r doing this step ,Our team is young + a naturalized player we lack the C Position
Specially that all our Starters and Main Players are out of the Team !

1-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF) the Team Captain (50% of our Team Power)
2-Brian Bechara (204-PF)
3-Matt Freijie (208-PF)
4-Daniel Faris (206-C)
5-Billy Faris (206-PF)
6-Roni Fahed (184-PG)
7-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)

These Are The Main or Power Players for Our NT who will miss this Year Asian championship ,and to Add we will miss Ahmad Ibrahim(199-SF) ,Omar turk (188-SG) ,Ali Haidar (202-PF) ...

we are going to Asia with a new Blood a new Team!!

Rodrigue Akl(188-PG) Will be the Starting PG and the Captain of the Lebanese NT !

on the PG Position:

-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG) Was Before with the NT but never Appears on the court ,always we have the Same Rotation Fahed-Mahmoud

who told you that daniel and billy are NT level players ?
they are not that good bro.

mavrick_h
08-30-2011, 03:56 PM
who told you that daniel and billy are NT level players ?
they are not that good bro.

wrong ! they are at least better than Nadim Hawi lol :D

babdelkader
08-30-2011, 05:02 PM
wrong ! they are at least better than Nadim Hawi lol :D

looooooool,
good point, ur flattering the guy, you consider him a basketball player :)

babdelkader
08-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Am really disappointed, and am really sorry to say, that we are gonne be kicked out... that's what I see...
Hope that Hoskin would be a superman to save us, and fill the gap...

asapa11
09-01-2011, 02:31 AM
i read on the Lebanon Forum that the final lineup should be submitted today.. any idea on all the team's final rosters? (i could use an update on my fiba asia-rosters)

thanks!

rocketstar47
09-01-2011, 02:41 AM
Is Lebanon will come here in the Philippines and have a training camp.

babdelkader
09-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Is Lebanon will come here in the Philippines and have a training camp.

Lebanon will miss it bcz of financial issues.
I talked to jean abdelnour and the players r in lebanon for 10 days.

gazara
09-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Lebanese Final Lineup for asia 2011 :

Coach:Ghassan Sarkis (LEB)

5-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)
6-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
7-Sam Hoskin (206-C)(USA-LEB)(Naturalized Player)
8-Abboudi El Farekh (199-SF)
9-Elie Stephan (195-SG/SF)
10-Bassel Bawji (205-PF/C)
11-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)(CAPTAIN)
12-Ali Kanaan (206-C)
13-Jad Bitar (204-C)
14-Charles Tabet (206-C)
15-Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300166_10150356131142069_688862068_10275902_54687_ n.jpg

Absent List:

-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)
-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
-Roni Fahed (184-PG)
-Daniel Faris (206-C)
-Billy Faris (206-PF)
-Elias Restom (197-SF)
-Roy Samaha (206-C)
-Sabah Khoury (196-SF)
-Matt Freijie (208-PF)
-Ali Haidar (202-PF)

Photos For the Lebanese NT :

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/320242_10150281371194480_511209479_7688425_189050_ n.jpg

Ali Kanaan ,Miguel Martinez

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299536_10150281371854480_511209479_7688428_5751001 _n.jpg

Jean Abdel Nour ,Miguel Martinez , Bassel Bawji

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307605_10150281381919480_511209479_7688519_3054622 _n.jpg

Miguel Martinez ,Coach Ghassan Sarkis

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/302893_238391202862811_114642201904379_579516_6874 270_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321032_10150349212835202_680715201_10184973_828569 1_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223796_1924845796943_1116071794_31738944_1250445_n .jpg

We Will Miss the tiger A lot :rolleyes:

rocketstar47
09-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Lebanon will miss it bcz of financial issues.
I talked to jean abdelnour and the players r in lebanon for 10 days.

Okay Gudluck for both of us in WUHAN..

rocketstar47
09-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Ghasan Sarkis if im not mistaken is from Lebanon?

rtk04
09-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Ghasan Sarkis if im not mistaken is from Lebanon?

Yes he is

marc333
09-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Lebanese Final Lineup for asia 2011 :

Coach:Ghassan Sarkis (LEB)

5-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)
6-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
7-Sam Hoskin (206-C)(USA-LEB)(Naturalized Player)
8-Abboudi El Farekh (199-SF)
9-Elie Stephan (195-SG/SF)
10-Bassel Bawji (205-PF/C)
11-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)(CAPTAIN)
12-Ali Kanaan (206-C)
13-Nadim Hawi(205-C)
14-Charles Tabet (206-C)
15-Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)

With this current lineup and knowing the preparations we had, reaching the semis would be an achievement for Lebanon. Anything above that would be bonus, and anything less that quarters would be a failure.

Unfortunately, for the 1st time since years I don't see the team being able to compete for the title while we could have a big shot on this one if it wasn't for the current FLB...(same story as always)

Hope they'll prove me wrong!...

lebanese phoenix
09-01-2011, 08:46 AM
With this current lineup and knowing the preparations we had, reaching the semis would be an achievement for Lebanon. Anything above that would be bonus, and anything less that quarters would be a failure.

Unfortunately, for the 1st time since years I don't see the team being able to compete for the title while we could have a big shot on this one if it wasn't for the current FLB...(same story as always)

dont worry they will;)
rodrigue akl (NT captain) asserted in an interview with sports leb that they will settle for nothing less than competing on the title:cool:

wilo22
09-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Official Lebanese Roster :

Rodrigue Akl PG (C)
Miguel Martinez PG
Mohammad Ibrahim G
Jean Abdel Nour G/F
Ghaleb Reda G/F
Elie Stephan G/F
Aboudy El Ferekh G/F
Bassel Bawji F
Charles Tabet PF
Ali Kanaan PF/C
Jad Bitar PF/C
Sam Hoskin C

marc333
09-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Official Lebanese Roster :

Rodrigue Akl PG (C)
Miguel Martinez PG
Mohammad Ibrahim G
Jean Abdel Nour G/F
Ghaleb Reda G/F
Elie Stephan G/F
Aboudy El Ferekh G/F
Bassel Bawji F
Charles Tabet PF
Ali Kanaan PF/C
Jad Bitar PF/C
Sam Hoskin C

So which one is the real? I hope this one because Jad Bitar is certainly better than Nadim!:)

dont worry they will;)
rodrigue akl (NT captain) asserted in an interview with sports leb that they will settle for nothing less than competing on the title:cool:

Let's hope so man!...

gazara
09-01-2011, 09:25 AM
yes that s true Jadi Bitar Replaced Nadim Hawi

gazara
09-01-2011, 09:28 AM
I think our Starting Lineup will be :

Rodrigue Akl PG
Ghaleb Rida SG
Jean Abdel Nour SF
Ali Kanaan PF
Sam Hoskin C

mavrick_h
09-01-2011, 09:40 AM

reaching QF with this team is really great. Failure would be not to qualify to the QFs.

beyond that everything is a bonus :)

lebanese phoenix
09-01-2011, 10:14 AM
reaching QF with this team is really great. Failure would be not to qualify to the QFs.

beyond that everything is a bonus :)

guys, seriously,stop being so pessimistic, you should start having faith in our team and start showing more support.
the players are trying their best to compete on the title and have the best possible showing while you here are doubting their abilities.
speaking like that in public forums does nothing except deteriorate and down the players' moral.
they all believe that they can win and compete, then why dont you?
just show support and believe in them, and i'm sure that they will play with big hearts and do wonders and bring back the gold home

babdelkader
09-01-2011, 10:42 AM
guys, seriously,stop being so pessimistic, you should start having faith in our team and start showing more support.
the players are trying their best to compete on the title and have the best possible showing while you here are doubting their abilities.
speaking like that in public forums does nothing except deteriorate and down the players' moral.
just show support and believe in them, and i'm sure that they will play with big hearts and do wonders and bring back the gold home

Rodrigue Akel said that in his interview with sports-leb that the players know abt this pessimism feeling all over the lebanese fans.
but they will work to prove the contrary.
wish them all the luck.

mavrick_h
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM

always want to keep the expectations low so i won't be upset later on.
Supporting the team since day 1 and i have faith in them.

However, it's a two way thing. the players already know what the public are saying about them. This public statements are a 'good thing' for moral. This way they will try to do everything to prove us wrong.
and that's what we all wanna see.

daniab
09-02-2011, 06:22 AM
Lebanon’s final roster short on experience
September 02, 2011 02:04 AM
By Dany Abboud
The Daily Star

BEIRUT: Lebanon have submitted their final roster two weeks prior to the start of the 26nd FIBA Asia championships, which takes place in Wuhan, China from Sept. 15 until Sept. 25.

The final roster includes 12 players: the captain Rodrigue Akl, Miguel Martinez, Mohammad Ibrahim, Ghaleb Reda, Jean Abdel Nour, Elie Stephan, Abboudy al-Farekh, Bassel Bawji, Jad Bitar, Ali Kanaan, Charles Tabet and American Sam Hoskin as a naturalized player.

The inclusion of Bitar came at the final minute, as Lebanon received another blow when their experienced center Roy Samaha was injured. Samaha joined a long list of absentees, which includes more than eight players from the last edition of the FIBA Asia Championship in Tianjin – most noticeably Lebanon’s captain and arguably their best player ever Fadi al-Khatib, alongside top point guards Ali Mahmoud and Rony Fahed.

Elie Rustom, Lebanon’s starting shooting guard at the FIBA World championship last summer in Turkey, will also miss the opportunity to play for the first time in his Asian tournament career because of a back injury.

Only five players have previously represented The Cedars internationally – Abdel Nour, Kanaan, Reda, Ibrahim and Akl – leaving Lebanon desperately short of experience.

babdelkader
09-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Lebanon’s final roster short on experience
September 02, 2011 02:04 AM
By Dany Abboud
The Daily Star

BEIRUT: Lebanon have submitted their final roster two weeks prior to the start of the 26nd FIBA Asia championships, which takes place in Wuhan, China from Sept. 15 until Sept. 25.

The final roster includes 12 players: the captain Rodrigue Akl, Miguel Martinez, Mohammad Ibrahim, Ghaleb Reda, Jean Abdel Nour, Elie Stephan, Abboudy al-Farekh, Bassel Bawji, Jad Bitar, Ali Kanaan, Charles Tabet and American Sam Hoskin as a naturalized player.

The inclusion of Bitar came at the final minute, as Lebanon received another blow when their experienced center Roy Samaha was injured. Samaha joined a long list of absentees, which includes more than eight players from the last edition of the FIBA Asia Championship in Tianjin – most noticeably Lebanon’s captain and arguably their best player ever Fadi al-Khatib, alongside top point guards Ali Mahmoud and Rony Fahed.

Elie Rustom, Lebanon’s starting shooting guard at the FIBA World championship last summer in Turkey, will also miss the opportunity to play for the first time in his Asian tournament career because of a back injury.

Only five players have previously represented The Cedars internationally – Abdel Nour, Kanaan, Reda, Ibrahim and Akl – leaving Lebanon desperately short of experience.

ALL the luck for our NT...

stefanobet(.com)
09-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Where is Jackson Vroman? And where is Freije?

Khalid80
09-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Where is Jackson Vroman? And where is Freije?

Vroman is no longer on the NT. Freije wasn't called to join our NT this summer either.

donspark47
09-05-2011, 02:27 AM
PG 3 Jimmy Alapag 33 - December 30, 1977 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in) Talk N Text Phone Pals Philippines

PG 4 Andy Barroca (c) 25 - April 25, 1986 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in) Smart Gilas Pilipinas Philippines

C 5 Asi Taulava 38 - March 2, 1973 2.06 m (6 ft 9 in) Meralco Bolts Philippines

PG 6 J.V. Casio 24 - September 1, 1986 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in) Smart Gilas Pilipinas Philippines

SG 8 Chris Tiu (c) 25 - July 15, 1985 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in) Smart Gilas Pilipinas Philippines

PF 9 Japeth Aguilar 24 - January 25, 1987 2.06 m (6 ft 9 in) Smart Gilas Pilipinas Philippines

SF 10 Mac Baracael 26 - April 14, 1985 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in) Smart Gilas Pilipinas Philippines

C 11 Marcus Douthit 31 - April 18, 1980 2.11 m (6 ft 11 in) Smart Gilas Pilipinas Philippines

C/F 12 Jason Ballesteros 25 - October 7, 1985 2.03 m (6 ft 8 in) Smart Gilas Pilipinas Philippines

SG 13 Marcio Lassiter 23 - May 16, 1987 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in) Smart Gilas Pilipinas Philippines

G/F 14 Chris Lutz 26 - February 11, 1985 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in) Smart Gilas Pilipinas Philippines

SF 15 Dylan Ababou 24 - December 7, 1986 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in) Smart Gilas Pilipinas Philippines

PF 21 Kelly Williams 29 - February 7, 1982 2.01 m (6 ft 7 in) Talk N Text Phone Pals Philippines

PF 33 Ranidel de Ocampo 29 - December 8, 1981 1.98 m (6 ft 6 in) Talk N Text Phone Pals Philippines

tmlouk
09-09-2011, 07:27 PM
China is in a really good Shape. An unexpected huge win against a Top Basketball Nation from Europe - I C E L A N D - . Wow, after this huge success, i believe, that no nation can stop them at the Asian Champs

80:66:D:D:D

chester25
09-09-2011, 09:15 PM
China is in a really good Shape. An unexpected huge win against a Top Basketball Nation from Europe - I C E L A N D - . Wow, after this huge success, i believe, that no nation can stop them at the Asian Champs

Iran has a fair chance against the Chinese, IMO. the rest, Korea, Japan, Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar and our team, Phils, can also give a run for their money come Wuhan. let's see.

lebanese phoenix
09-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Iran has a fair chance against the Chinese, IMO. the rest, Korea, Japan, Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar and our team, Phils, can also give a run for their money come Wuhan. let's see.

Though China remains a top medal contender, i dont see them nearly as strong as they were a few years back, they are very beatable now from where i stand, they havent been at all impressive against top european teams, and frankly im not so very optimistic about their chances.
Them loosing against teams like philipines,Jordan,Japan isint far fetched as it used to be, in fact,i wont be surprised if china qualifies 2nd and not 1st in their group bcs i see an upset from one of these 3 teams possible.
Lebanon apart that's how asses the chances of the following teams against them:

Iran: 40% (though this same chinese team smoked the iranians twice by 20+ points in last year's stankovic but i still think that with the depth of their squad the iranians have a big chance of contesting the chinese)

Korea-Qatar: 35% (Koreans and Qataris have gotten quite strong lately and an upset seems in the reach,technically these two teams are not quite far apart from the chinese).

Jordan-philipines:30% (with their fast play and deadly sharpshooting, the pinoys on a lucky day can bring down any asian powerhouse)

Japan:20%.

Chinese Tapei: 10%

IAmPersian
09-10-2011, 01:13 AM

we beat china NT on 2009 fiba aisa championship , so hope to win china this year :)

Bobbyd
09-10-2011, 02:45 PM

You are kidding right. Iceland is definitely not a top European Basketball team and they only won by 14 points. I saw the game and I was not impressed at all by China. While I think they will definitely be a formidable team in the Fiba Asia tournament they are definitely beatable

eliooo93
09-10-2011, 02:57 PM
You are kidding right. Iceland is definitely not a top European Basketball team and they only won by 14 points. I saw the game and I was not impressed at all by China. While I think they will definitely be a formidable team in the Fiba Asia tournament they are definitely beatable

He was being sarcastic :rolleyes:

tmlouk
09-10-2011, 03:40 PM
He was being sarcastic :rolleyes:

Bobby...what does this :D mean?:)

sinobball
09-10-2011, 03:40 PM

80:66Just wondering have you watched the games by Lebanon and Jordan against Belarus and Estonia? Or Iran vs. Hungary? Last time I checked these European powerhouses aren't in Eurobasket either.

mavrick_h
09-11-2011, 02:41 AM
Just wondering have you watched the games by Lebanon and Jordan against Belarus and Estonia? Or Iran vs. Hungary? Last time I checked these European powerhouses aren't in Eurobasket either.

what abt it ? are you judging a 7 pts loss in the last 2 minutes against Belarus in our 4th game without having the full squad which is available for Wuhan ?!

com'on man !

lebanese phoenix
09-11-2011, 08:16 AM
what abt it ? are you judging a 7 pts loss in the last 2 minutes against Belarus in our 4th game without having the full squad which is available for Wuhan ?!

com'on man !

man,sinobball means no wrong, all he said that while the chinese NT is having Tune-up games with weaker european teams and achieving average results,all the other asian countries are no better,he's just comparing the level of preparation;)

mavrick_h
09-11-2011, 09:54 AM
man,sinobball means no wrong, all he said that while the chinese NT is having Tune-up games with weaker european teams and achieving average results,all the other asian countries are no better,he's just comparing the level of preparation;)

didn't say that in a wrong way either just saying that he can't compare what others done at that stage with Lebanon since we didn't have a fair match up against Belarus. :)

Romia
09-11-2011, 12:55 PM
didn't say that in a wrong way either just saying that he can't compare what others done at that stage with Lebanon since we didn't have a fair match up against Belarus. :)

yup,chinese NT get in some trouble ,such as injury
we need more sarcasm and arrogant attitude and even bias to us

go on ,men

I insist on that NO team with no right in Asia could look down upon Chinese NT
and laugh at Chinese NT

Romia
09-11-2011, 01:07 PM
who got the most chance and power to beat Euro powerhouse in Olypics or WC

and beat them the most time in regular match for honor of the Asian Basketball?

where is the Iran or Lebanon or even Philipino then?

so, go on looking down Chinese NT

yup,at present ,this time we maybe lost the Champion?

But the next Asian Champion,Lets see Who is the best

Lets see the return of the King in Asia Basket

tmlouk
09-11-2011, 01:10 PM
You cannot compare Belarus, Hungary to Iceland. Hungary had the chance to qualify for the Eurobasket this summer in a qualification round. Ok, Belarus were in a bad shape this summer, maybe becaue no motivation (no chance to qualify for something), but both nations are 1 or 2 levels above Iceland. In 2006, China trashed Iceland (by 40 difference).
Maybe China is pretending a bad condition and will show their real face on wednesday.

mavrick_h
09-11-2011, 03:43 PM
yup,chinese NT get in some trouble ,such as injury
we need more sarcasm and arrogant attitude and even bias to us

go on ,men

I insist on that NO team with no right in Asia could look down upon Chinese NT
and laugh at Chinese NT

Yup it's a good thing for any team to get in trouble. (That's how you learn your lesson) it's how things goes in life too.
don't even start mentioning the word 'injury' give a visit to the lebanese thread first before talking.

and who's laughing on your NT ? :) I believe even on your worst day The Chinese NT can grab a Championship.

All i'm saying that the way of comparison is not fair.
Most of the teams were touring in Europe having friendlies at that stage while Lebanon barely started their half preparation.

Already mentioned 'didn't say that in a wrong' read the thread well before throwing things around pal.No hard feelings.

sarcasm and arrogance....not even close !

mavrick_h
09-11-2011, 03:46 PM
You cannot compare Belarus, Hungary to Iceland. Hungary had the chance to qualify for the Eurobasket this summer in a qualification round. Ok, Belarus were in a bad shape this summer, maybe becaue no motivation (no chance to qualify for something), but both nations are 1 or 2 levels above Iceland. In 2006, China trashed Iceland (by 40 difference).
Maybe China is pretending a bad condition and will show their real face on wednesday.

+1 or maybe the team is trying more systems and plays with various different players disregarding the final result.

mavrick_h
09-11-2011, 03:49 PM

give us 25 % of what you have and see what can happen. Lebanon is smaller than your smallest province lol not to mention the population gap

babdelkader
09-11-2011, 04:12 PM

could you please remind us with the teams china had beaten in Olympics and WC.
I remember that China had beaten just asian and african teams if I am not wrong !!

behzadir
09-11-2011, 04:46 PM
give us 25 % of what you have and see what can happen. Lebanon is smaller than your smallest province lol not to mention the population gap

You have to live with that,is that an excuse?
Do Lithuanians have to say the same thing about their population in comparison to France and Germany or whatever country?

lebanese phoenix
09-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Do Lithuanians have to say the same thing about their population in comparison to France and Germany or whatever country?

Probably alot of people here will understand my comments the wrong way but what am doing here is a constructive criticism of chinese bball.

I dont think that anyone would disagree that with the huge chinese population and potential,the chinese NT should be on top of the world and even better than team USA.
China dominating a weak continent like asia is really not enough,and i were chinese i would consider that underachieving.
I mean,look at China in the olympics,they dominate in every sport,and when it comes to individual games, they're the world number 1 (they amassed the most medals in the last olympics),but come look at team sports like basketball for example,it seems they are always underachieving and not living up to their full potential,with a population like that they can easily recruit the best talents and advertise like no other nation (biggest market in the world) thus enabling them to have the strongest leagues in the world,yet we see them constantly underachieving.
I've read numerous articles about it and there's definetly smt wrong with the recruitment of basketball players in China,they seem to focus only on height and very little on skills,that's why you see china having the tallest lineups in most championships but lacking the required talent to compete with the world's best.
That's why i see that dominating Asia for china is a failure when they should really be dominating the world in basketball just like they do in other olympic games;)

So for Lebanon and Lithuania to have such competitive teams is a great achievement even overachievment specially Lithuania who with it's small population and limited resources was able to face the giants thanks to a coordinated baskebtall plan and a true vision of things and were able to make the best of their resources.

mavrick_h
09-11-2011, 06:06 PM

i totally living with that,no excuses but it was a reply of an appreciation.

budz17
09-11-2011, 06:45 PM
why is china unable to beat world class teams?

well, the chinese have a lot of tall players but when you look at them, they are not really that athletic compared to world powers in basketball. if in 20 years china still not to the level of top teams in the world, then we can call them underachieving.

lithuania may be small but there are more people above 6 feet there than there is in a country like my own, philippines.

same with lebanon and jordan, they are blessed with being tall so it is easier to be powers in basketball.

yvesjade
09-11-2011, 06:50 PM
What TV Station will cover the Games?

ESPN Asia? CCTV 5? Aljazeera? Alkass?

mavrick_h
09-11-2011, 07:03 PM

confirmed

OSHAFA
09-11-2011, 08:12 PM
26th FIBA Asia Championship: it cant, it wont and it doesn't get bigger than this! - Sep 11, 2011 (by Omar Shafaamri)

- China will play host to the FIBA Asia Championship for the fifth time.

- China won the title on three of the four previous occasions Beijing 1989, Shanghai 2001 and Harbin 2003. China finished second to Iran in the 25th FIBA Asia Championship at Tianjin in 2009.

- China hold the record for the most number of Championship wins 14 times.

Barring one occasion in 2007 at Tokushima, when they finished 10th, China have won a medal in all their 18 appearances.

- Korea are the only team to have participated in all the 25 Championships so far.

- Korea are also the only team to have entered the semifinals in 24 of the 25 appearances.

- After Korea, Japan come next in terms of appearances 24 times. Philippines follow with 23 appearances. India and Malaysia have 21 appearances.

- In Tokushima 2007, Iran became the second country who won their first medal as the gold medal.

- China were the first to post such a record - when they won the title on debut in 1975 Bangkok.

- Iran are aiming to become only the second team in FIBA Asia history to win the FIBA Asia Championship three times a in a row.

- China have the distinction of achieving a three-peat or more on three different occasions.

- From 1975 to 1983, China won five titles in a row, then from 1987 they won it for another penta-peat till 1995, and then from 1999 till 2005 they won four successive gold medals.

- Iran, of course won their maiden title in 2007 and then went on to repeat it in 2009.

- Philippines have won the title five times followed by Korea, Japan and Iran twice each.

- China (1975) and Philippines (1960) hold the unique record of having won the gold in their debut. 1960, was of course the inaugural edition of the FIBA Asia Championship.

- After China and Philippines, Lebanon are the team to have achieved the fastest climb in rankings after their first appearance.

- Lebanon finished seventh on their debut in 1999 at Fukuoka, but have ever since entered the semifinals on all the four subsequent occasions, including winning the silver medal three times (2001, 05 and 07).

- Three of the participants in 2011, didn't participate in the 2009 FIBA Asia Championship.

- Malaysia make a comeback into FIBA Asia Championship after six years the SEABA team finished 16th in the 2005 edition at Doha.

- Bahrain are back in fray after a gap of 12 years the GCC team had finished 12th at Fukuoka in 1999. Bahrain had qualified for the 2009 edition at Tianjin, but withdrew later.

- Syria missed the 2009 edition and are back in the fray the WABA team had finished 11th in 2007 at Tokushima.

FIBA Asia
http://www.asia-basket.com/Asian-Championships/basketball.asp?NewsID=241353

OSHAFA
09-11-2011, 08:14 PM

CCTV5 will also broadcast the Tournament along with Al Jazeera Sport 2 & +6
Alkass will broadcast Qatar NT Games while ESPN Asia is Busy with UEFA Champions League

daniab
09-11-2011, 08:16 PM
A technical question to Sinoball and our Chinese friends in general, i heard all the game that will take place in Hongshan Stadium won't be broadcasted anywhere, how true is this?

behzadir
09-11-2011, 08:25 PM
A technical question to Sinoball and our Chinese friends in general, i heard all the game that will take place in Hongshan Stadium won't be broadcasted anywhere, how true is this?

Pretty much true.
Games on the main court will be televised while the 2 games being played each day on court number 2 won't have a TV coverage as i've heard.

Iran,China,S.Korea,Japan,Philippines play all their games on the main court.

daniab
09-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Pretty much true.
Games on the main court will be televised while the 2 games being played each day on court number 2 won't have a TV coverage as i've heard.

this is really sad and unfortunate, we will not have the chance to watch 2 out of 3 games in the first round for our team :(

mavrick_h
09-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Pretty much true.

how pathetic

damelo
09-11-2011, 10:26 PM
how pathetic

It's called marketing...

mavrick_h
09-12-2011, 12:41 AM
It's called marketing...

and if no tv station make a bid would it still called 'marketing' ? or it will turn to pathetic ? :)

It's an ugly politics not marketing ;)

rocketstar47
09-12-2011, 05:34 AM
and if no tv station make a bid would it still called 'marketing' ? or it will turn to pathetic ? :)

It's an ugly politics not marketing ;)

China is worst in televising an event specially the Asian Games
we couldn't watch any sport.

OSHAFA
09-12-2011, 08:01 AM
It is Confirmed .... Games played on Hongshan Venue won't be televised as Al Jazeera Sport from Qatar will not for the first time ever broadcast Qatar NT first game against Uzbekistan and same for Lebanon against India !

Games not to be Broadcasted :
Lebanon/India
Qatar/Uzbekistan
Jordan/Indonesia
Malaysia/Lebanon
UAE/Bahrain
India/Malaysia

P.S all the Weak Games will played in Hongshan but it's not an Excuse for China not to Broadcast them at all !

rocketstar47
09-12-2011, 10:57 AM
It is Confirmed .... Games played on Hongshan Venue won't be televised as Al Jazeera Sport from Qatar will not for the first time ever broadcast Qatar NT first game against Uzbekistan and same for Lebanon against India !

Games not to be Broadcasted :
Lebanon/India
Qatar/Uzbekistan
Jordan/Indonesia
Malaysia/Lebanon
UAE/Bahrain
India/Malaysia

P.S all the Weak Games will played in Hongshan but it's not an Excuse for China not to Broadcast them at all !

that is called MALAS hehehe

OSHAFA
09-12-2011, 11:06 AM
that is called MALAS hehehe

No it's Not , Check Asia-Basket and you will know what it is called :D

rocketstar47
09-12-2011, 11:16 AM
No it's Not , Check Asia-Basket and you will know what it is called :D

hehehe:D what's that?

Bluechipkid
09-12-2011, 11:24 AM
What's the chance of Philippines Smart Gilas to win in Wuhan??

tonysaade
09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
according to sportkello LBC will be broadcasting our NT games in wuhan ... :)
any info Dany ????

http://www.sportkello.com/basketball/%D8%A3%D8%AE%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%B7%D9%88%D9%84%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%84-%D8%A8%D9%8A-%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%8C-%D9%88-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A9--/

Cryotek
09-12-2011, 02:02 PM
What's the chance of Philippines Smart Gilas to win in Wuhan??

Slim chance
But I'm hoping that they can play as team now with their 3 key additions...and most importantly, I want them to shoot well form the outside(especially in rainbow area)..'coz Douthit, obviously, will not dominate bigger teams with his lowpost moves!:rolleyes:

apiSigbinz
09-12-2011, 02:06 PM
can someone confirm this, Leslie is not playing in Wuhan? and for what reason?

daniab
09-12-2011, 02:46 PM
according to sportkello LBC will be broadcasting our NT games in wuhan ... :)
any info Dany ????

not true yet, they r working on it

tonysaade
09-12-2011, 02:58 PM
not true yet, they r working on it

Oh ok thanks ... Yalla in god's will :)

mavrick_h
09-12-2011, 08:16 PM

yup true ID issues

babdelkader
09-13-2011, 05:37 AM

Qatar has 3 more days to solve his ID issue.

Mojado
09-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Qatar has 3 more days to solve his ID issue.

Any link to that or just guessing?

I'm still betting on FIBA not allowing it, due to Ngombo's fake birthdate. If Ngombo got the passport later and not in his youth, then he is the naturalized player.