PDA

View Full Version : The all-tournament team

hagakure
09-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the all-star team (Gasol-Papaloukas-Ginobili-Anthony-Garbajosa)?

hagakure
09-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Anyone? :(
Did they even take a picture? Or give medals to the teams? They didn't show what happened after the game here.

Picek
09-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Anyone? :(
Did they even take a picture? Or give medals to the teams? They didn't show what happened after the game here.team USA left japan yesterday...
apparently they had a plane to catch...
or maybe they are just sore losers..:rolleyes:

hagakure
09-03-2006, 02:33 PM
team USA left japan yesterday...
apparently they had a plane to catch...
or maybe they are just sore losers..:rolleyes:

Yeah I just heard that the closing ceremony was a fiasco. They didn't even have a podium for the winners.

rikhardur
09-03-2006, 02:44 PM
G - Theodoros Papaloukas (GRE)
Points per game 9.3
Rebounds per game 3
Assists per game 4

G - Manu Ginobili (ARG)
Points per game 15.1
Rebounds per game 2.8
Assists per game 2.3

F - Carmelo Anthony (USA)
Points per game 19.9
Rebounds per game 3.7
Assists per game 1.6

F - Jorge Garbajosa (ESP)
Points per game 12,7
Rebounds per game 5,3
Assists per game 1,2

C - Pau Gasol (ESP) (MVP of the WC)
Points per game 21.3
Rebounds per game 9.4
Assists per game 1.4

hagakure
09-03-2006, 02:46 PM
G - Theodoros Papaloukas (GRE)
Points per game 9.3
Rebounds per game 3
Assists per game 4

G - Manu Ginobili (ARG)
Points per game 15.1
Rebounds per game 2.8
Assists per game 2.3

F - Carmelo Anthony (USA)
Points per game 19.9
Rebounds per game 3.7
Assists per game 1.6

F - Jorge Garbajosa (ESP)
Points per game 12,7
Rebounds per game 5,3
Assists per game 1,2

C - Pau Gasol (ESP) (MVP of the WC)
Points per game 21.3
Rebounds per game 9.4
Assists per game 1.4

Does anyone have a picture of this team? :( Does anyone know if they even took a picture?

King Bowser Koopa
09-03-2006, 03:14 PM
um... I think they misspelled Juan Carlos Navarro

SHARP
09-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Navarro,Calderon,Garbajosa,Gasol,Ginobili.;)

Digdis
09-03-2006, 03:31 PM
LOL - Guess his weak game in the semis had its effect on the choice.

Manatax
09-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Does Manudo really deserve it?

I think Navarro, Diamantidis or Spanoulis should be in that team instead of him

rchos7
09-03-2006, 03:56 PM
i agree that ginobili shouldn't be there!

T.W.Is.M.
09-03-2006, 04:36 PM
i agree too that manu shouldn't be there he didn't play well after the q/f.i also disagree with garbajosa!!!he may have been the mvp today but he was the worst player in the first 7 games and i don't think 2 good games should give him a spot in the first team.i would put diamantidis and navarro in their positions

faethon3
09-03-2006, 08:27 PM
i agree too that manu shouldn't be there he didn't play well after the q/f.i also disagree with garbajosa!!!he may have been the mvp today but he was the worst player in the first 7 games and i don't think 2 good games should give him a spot in the first team.i would put diamantidis and navarro in their positions
I TOTALLY AGREE MAN!
MANU COYLDN'T MAKE A SHOT IN THE LAST TWO GAMES AND GARBAJOSA THE SAME IN THE FIRST 7!:eek:
WHO PICKED THEM?!!!!!!!!!

GR8BBALL
09-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Well said guyz, I think Garbajosa and weren't that robust throughout the tournament. I would even pick Dwyane Wade over them...

stuart
09-03-2006, 08:43 PM
What would the second team look like?

G - Diamantidis
G - Navarro
F - Nowitzki
F - Scola
C - Yao Ming

Markoishvili
09-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Everybody is overlooking Carlos Jimenez, sure his stats are mediocre, but after Gasol he was most important man on spanish team. Today he was the MVP of the finals, not Garbajosa. Being anchor of such a defense is more important then hitting 6 treys.

T.W.Is.M.
09-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Everybody is overlooking Carlos Jimenez, sure his stats are mediocre, but after Gasol he was most important man on spanish team. Today he was the MVP of the finals, not Garbajosa. Being anchor of such a defense is more important then hitting 6 treys.

u have a point here.i also noticed in the game vs ltu that when jimenez was in the difference was increasing and when he was out lithuania was cutting the lead!but onthe other hand it's difficult 2 put someone in the all-star team only because of his defence(especially if he's not an nba player)

rikhardur
09-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Btw Jiménez has become the Spanish player with more medals in international competitions.

Gold medal at the 2006 WC (Japan)
Silver Medal at the 2003 Eurobasket (Sweden)
Bronze medal at the 2001 Eurobasket (Turkey)
Silver medal at the 1999 Eurobasket (France)

KONSTANTINE
09-04-2006, 05:32 PM

WHAT PAPALOUKAS DID AGAINST USA TEAM NEITHER NAVARO OR OTHER SPANISH PLAYERS HAD THE "BALLS" TO DO IT.

Manatax
09-04-2006, 10:07 PM
WHAT PAPALOUKAS DID AGAINST USA TEAM NEITHER NAVARO OR OTHER SPANISH PLAYERS HAD THE "BALLS" TO DO IT.

I think he was talking about Ginobili, not Papaloukas. Relax a bit...

PRSURF
09-04-2006, 10:37 PM
I think he was talking about Ginobili, not Papaloukas. Relax a bit...CARLOS ARROYO,IBEKWE,YAO,AYUSO,BELINELLI,MOUNEKE,GOMES HAVE THE BALLS TO BE THERE:rolleyes: ;) :cool: :D

FRANKY 13
09-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Garbajosa,Anthony and Gasol deserved their spot all the way.

Ginobili definitely didnt since his team came fourth and he simply had a good tournament.Nothing amazing although I HUGELY respect this great player.

NAVARRO should be there and Kill Bill would have been a serious choice.

Papaloukas was selected because of his game against the state plus cause hes the most fancy greek player.The press seems to love him.

However Id pick DIAMANTIDIS over him.

He was Greece's best against France(won on his own or almost...) and averraged 12.5 pts - 5.5 rebounds - 5 assists - 2 steals and 1 block in the 2 games against USA and France.

He definitely was Greece's most valuable player all along the tournament.

So my choice would be

Diamantidis,Navarro,Anthony,Garbajosa,Gasol.

hagakure
09-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Garbajosa,Anthony and Gasol deserved their spot all the way.

Ginobili definitely didnt since his team came fourth and he simply had a good tournament.Nothing amazing although I HUGELY respect this great player.

NAVARRO should be there and Kill Bill would have been a serious choice.

Papaloukas was selected because of his game against the state plus cause hes the most fancy greek player.The press seems to love him.

However Id pick DIAMANTIDIS over him.

He was Greece's best against France(won on his own or almost...) and averraged 12.5 pts - 5.5 rebounds - 5 assists - 2 steals and 1 block in the 2 games against USA and France.

He definitely was Greece's most valuable player all along the tournament.

So my choice would be

Diamantidis,Navarro,Anthony,Garbajosa,Gasol.

The greek press loves Diamantidis much more than they love Papaloukas. Maybe the european media love Papaloukas more but that's because he has won a Euroleague title. Anyway, I don't want to get into this argument of who of the two is more valuable (something you Panathinaikos fans love to do) because they're very good friends.

FRANKY 13
09-05-2006, 04:30 AM
I was referring to the international press man.:cool:

The greek press hasnt chosen one or the other.It doesnt matter in a WC all star team poll anyway.

I most certainly wasnt thinking of the PAO-OLYMPIAKOS thing.I love Papaloukas as a player.

I just think Diamantidis has been more consistent than him from the beginning to the end and has been brilliant in the quaters and semis.

You may disagree,no hard feelings.

Jokinen
09-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Pepe Sanchez led the tournament is assists and was probably the best Argentina player, he should be in the all tournament team, instead of Ginobili or not, but he should be there he really deservs it

FRANKY 13
09-05-2006, 08:51 PM
I agree he was Argentina's best file.:cool:

However,he would deserve a spot in the all tournament team if Argentina had won a medal.Just my personal opinion.

I like this player very much and the way he improved since 2002 is impressive.

HABIBI
09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
OK with these teamates in this kind of basket...

J.J.Riddick
09-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Its sad that some players had a really good tournament but as usual because their teams didnt get to the final four, they couldnt be in the all-tournament team. Its worth mentioning Yao, Nowitzki, Arroyo, Ayuso, Erdogan, Milicic, etc.