PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun. R. Gay: Turkey is a pretty(?) ...city

Illegal2k10
09-07-2010, 12:03 PM
around 2:05 (http://video.balsas.lt/video/f7a686df6ff64ad4a516a29cddc97951/r-gay-us-turkija-yra-nuostabus-miestas)

SouL InvictuS
09-07-2010, 12:23 PM
lol :D

he definitely needs an atlas to see there are countries in the world besides usa.

elaj
09-07-2010, 12:37 PM
What a moron. First class moron, but at least he can play ball.

granger
09-07-2010, 12:46 PM

he definitely needs an atlas to see there are countries in the world besides usa.

and that`s life... gay earns about 15M per year and he don`t know that there is also existing others countries in the world besides usa.
I know every country on this fucking world, but still earn 0 euro per year:(:D

iznogud
09-07-2010, 12:53 PM
and he does it twice.:D

buterbrodas
09-07-2010, 01:01 PM
he might be governor one day

Adon
09-07-2010, 01:07 PM
The educational system in USA sucks! :D

anonimus
09-07-2010, 01:16 PM
he might be governor one day

:D:D
good one:D

bobo81
09-07-2010, 01:24 PM
and that`s life... gay earns about 15M per year and he don`t know that there is also existing others countries in the world besides usa.

That's because you sit around the internet all day with no outside life. :D Gay, on the other hand, spends all of his time doing work on the court and probably barely goes online, except for twitter. :D

qiangdade
09-07-2010, 01:26 PM
americans doing their best to prove that the view of the rest of the world on them is justified. First all europeans stink like dead donkeys and now turkey is a great city (of 70 million people)...

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/attachments/the-world-is-a-joke/4373d1243693805-american-world-map-472f2713d9a0famerican_world_map16.jpg

Mr. Aster
09-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm a Turkish person and i know this very well: American people is ignorant.

chrisfiss
09-07-2010, 01:36 PM
you are just haters! Turkey is a great city indeed! but i prefer France. although both cities have this donkey stench. it's a european thing i guess...

To europeans: How come you speak so many languages in your country? stick to one you fools!

UMUT_FB_LAL
09-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Oh well, at least the kid means it right
His college education must've really sucked (he should know this stuff at kindergarten, but anyways).. So it's not only his fault

Haha @ Chris

BBS
09-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I am also a Turk, and i think its stupid to generalize this on all Americans. To be honest i have met less than 10 Americans in my entire life and all of them were kind, educated and decent people. But i am not saying all of them are like that aswell.

Mr. Aster
09-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I am also a Turk, and i think its stupid to generalize this on all Americans. To be honest i have met less than 10 Americans in my entire life and all of them were kind, educated and decent people. But i am not saying all of them are like that aswell.

I have American friends too. But the exception proves the rule.

Kwijibo
09-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Isn't it?

DarkoMVP
09-07-2010, 02:35 PM

I'm a Turkish person and i know this very well: American people is ignorant.

The US is not so good, but Turkey and Greece are worse than everyone besides Mexico

Math:
1. Finland 544
2. South Korea 542
3. Netherlands 538
4. Japan 534
5. Canada 532
6. Belgium 529
7. Switzerland 527
8. Australia 524
9. New Zealand 523
10. Czech Republic 516
11. Iceland 515
12. Denmark 514
13. France 511
14. Sweden 503
15. Austria 506
16. Germany 503
17. Ireland 503
18. Slovakia 498
19. Norway 495
20. Luxembourg 493
21. Poland 490
22. Hungary 490
23. Spain 485
24. United States 483
25. Italy 466
26. Portugal 466
27. Greece 445
28. Turkey 423
29. Mexico 385

Science:
1. Finland 563
2. Canada 534
3. Japan 531
4. New Zealand 530
5. Australia 527
6. Netherlands 525
7. South Korea 522
8. Germany 516
9. United Kingdom 515
10. Czech Republic 513
11. Switzerland 512
12. Austria 511
13. Belgium 510
14. Ireland 508
15. Hungary 504
16. Sweden 503
17. Poland 498
18. Denmark 496
19. France 495
20. Iceland 491
21. United States 489
22. Slovakia 488
23. Spain 488
24. Norway 487
25. Luxembourg 486
26. Italy 475
27. Portugal 474
28. Greece 473
29. Turkey 424
30. Mexico 410

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programme_for_International_Student_Assessment#Lea gue_Tables

SouL InvictuS
09-07-2010, 02:39 PM
The US is not so good, but Turkey and Greece are worse than everyone besides Mexico

ignorance not only about science or school performance.

us ppl is ignorant because they think there is no need to know about other countries cuz we are the best country and others are bs.

Jedda
09-07-2010, 02:42 PM
To europeans: How come you speak so many languages in your country? stick to one you fools!

Come on, that's not fair. They speak mexican in amerika too!!!

usagre
09-07-2010, 02:42 PM
how will rudy gay survive in this world without that knowledge?

Earendil
09-07-2010, 02:57 PM
how will rudy gay survive in this world without that knowledge? Like all undeducated and dumb people do i still remember that video with interviews they were doin in some US city and reporter asked a random guy " FOr what is Nagasaki and Hiroshima famous for" and he goes "Erm...judo wrestling"

Gytaz
09-07-2010, 02:59 PM

Sure, he will survive but we still be laughing at him. I don't care how good he is on the court - not knowing where in the world you are is moronic.

Having said that, I do agree that Europeans tend to generalize too much when talking about the Americans.

usagre
09-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Like all undeducated and dumb people do i still remember that video with interviews they were doin in some US city and reporter asked a random guy " FOr what is Nagasaki and Hiroshima famous for" and he goes "Erm...judo wrestling"

if we are uneducated and dumb and the rest of the world is educated and smart, i think i would rather be uneducated and dumb.

Franz
09-07-2010, 03:03 PM
If it weren't for agents, most of these NBA players would be bankrupt due to stupidity.

Mr. Aster
09-07-2010, 03:11 PM
ignorance not only about science or school performance.

us ppl is ignorant because they think there is no need to know about other countries cuz we are the best country and others are bs.

I agree.

" Statistics are like mini-skirts .. they give you good ideas but hide the most "
Ebbe Skovdahl

Carick235
09-07-2010, 03:17 PM
if we are uneducated and dumb and the rest of the world is educated and smart, i think i would rather be uneducated and dumb.

Usual American thinking!

Franz
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Usual American thinking!

He's a troll. Don't waste time with him

chrisfiss
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM

no no dont worry, ignorance is not a disease. he'll be fine...

now seriously i wont judge his knowledge and level of education out of that but when you visit a bloody country you should be able to distinguish between the name of the country and the name of the city you visit. it's not rocket-science. It's like saying "yesterday was a sunny week"

mvblair
09-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Give the man a break. Maybe he made a mistake. Have you guys ever confused words?

Gytaz
09-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Have you guys ever confused words?

He did it twice. ;)

DarkoMVP
09-07-2010, 03:25 PM
My guess is that he knows Turkey is a country, since it has a basketball team. However, he didn't remember the name of Constantinople, so he tried to cover up by just always saying Turkey.

guilherme.rcf
09-07-2010, 03:33 PM
The best universities are in the USA, some of the more important intellectuals are american, no country won more nobel prizes than the USA...

It just a matter of to whom you ask the questions.

Not only the americans from or who came from low classes are kind of dumb. I bet that a regular turkish guy is kind of ignorant as well. Or brazilian, or chinese, or croatian...

usagre
09-07-2010, 03:36 PM
The best universities are in the USA, some of the more important intellectuals are american, no country won more nobel prizes than the USA...

Not only the americans from or who came from low classes are kind of dumb. I bet that a regular turkish guy is kind of ignorant as well. Or brazilian, or chinese, or croatian...

they don't understand what you are talking about.
remember, they are europeans, there is a huge complex they must overcome.

chrisfiss
09-07-2010, 03:38 PM

but of course man. you cant generalise from one guy and draw conclusions for all americans. what he said is just stupid. maybe he made a mistake.

Justin in AZ
09-07-2010, 03:39 PM
These idiots do not represent the average American. Those posting against "Americans" should be ashamed at their outrageous generalizations.

:mad:

Blackway
09-07-2010, 03:49 PM
That is dumb. Gay is one dumb dude when it comes to geography, but he'll be alright I guess.

Test
09-07-2010, 05:55 PM

Typical USA talk. Strange logic. Knowledge makes you a man, ignorance - a monkey. A man knows music, geography, math, writing etc... but without this knowledge he will not die. So maybe let's do nothing, play ball, scratch your ass and sniff fingers like lebron james. I believe Rudy Gay realizes that Turkey is not a city, and he just made mistake... But it is sooo American.. What are you doing in school? Personally I needed to learn all countries and capitals during school years, at least I don't look like retard when topic is about countries.

3q_iqrvnC_4

bobo81
09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
^^ We do learn about the world and their capitals, customs and languages..........in like 5th grade. :rolleyes: How many people are supposed to remember all of that by their 20's and onward? BTW I am not defending Gay's embarrassing moment here. I just think some posts including yours is a bit over the top. Stop acting like all Americans are dumb because they get geographically mixed up.

lntrud3r
09-07-2010, 06:02 PM
this is by far best "stupid americans" kind of video on youtube.. i fell of my chair.. EHAHEA

Typical USA talk. Strange logic. Knowledge makes you a man, ignorance - a monkey. A man knows music, geography, math, writing etc... but without this knowledge he will not die. So maybe let's do nothing, play ball, scratch your ass and sniff fingers like lebron james. I believe Rudy Gay realizes that Turkey is not a city, and he just made mistake... But it is sooo American.. What are you doing in school? Personally I needed to learn all countries and capitals during school years, at least I don't look like retard when topic is about countries.

3q_iqrvnC_4

DarkoMVP
09-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Apparently Anglos in general are pretty dumb. The British announcer in Brazil-Argentina on ESPN just said "the number of fouls drawn by Luis Scola is infinitesmal." He doesn't even speak his own language.

Hepcat
09-07-2010, 06:31 PM
He doesn't even speak his own language.

That makes him a perfect commentator then.

;)

mvblair
09-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Here's the thing: I bet that when Lithuanian or French or insert nationality here go abroad, they make mistakes too. But they don't have as much media attention or as many people actively trying to make them look stupid as members of Team USA do.

Random Guard #2 doesn't know the name of a foreign coach? He's an idiot.

Random Forward #1 makes verbal mistakes? He's a moron.

Random Center #3 confuses time zone? He's a buffoon.

Next time an Italian person confuses Indiana for Indianapolis, I don't think people are going to start saying "what the $#@% are those Italians thinking!? Can't they tell the difference!?"

Next time a Turkish player says a German player smells like sauerkraut, I don't think the international media is going to accuse him of being an ignoramus.

Lewis
09-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal
:rolleyes:

Hepcat
09-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Enough of this beating around the bush. I want to know. Is Turkey a pretty city or is it not?

:confused:

Lewis
09-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Enough of this beating around the bush. I want to know. Is Turkey a pretty city or is it not?

nah!! it smells like Thanksgiving

Hepcat
09-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Here's the thing: I bet that when Lithuanian or French or insert nationality here go abroad, they make mistakes too.

Speak for yourself.

;)

I've been as far west as Vancouver, as far south as Nassau, as far east as Moscow, as far north as Yellowknife, as far up as the CN Tower and as far down as the Macassa mine in Kirkland Lake - and I've never gotten lost yet. It always helps to be sober of course....

:D

xxax
09-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Here's the thing: I bet that when Lithuanian or French or insert nationality here go abroad, they make mistakes too. But they don't have as much media attention or as many people actively trying to make them look stupid as members of Team USA do.

Next time an Italian person confuses Indiana for Indianapolis, I don't think people are going to start saying "what the $#@% are those Italians thinking!? Can't they tell the difference!?"

Next time a Turkish player says a German player smells like sauerkraut, I don't think the international media is going to accuse him of being an ignoramus.

Ok. Next time an European player says United States of America is a beautiful city, we'll all stop... Oh and Indiana/Indianapolis isn't the same. State isn't the same as country...

Gytaz
09-07-2010, 07:08 PM

Actually, I agree with that. Still, i don't think any European player would say "Japan is a great city", for example... Bottom line is: Rudy Gay made an outrageously dumb comment, but anyone saying something like "hahaha Americans are so dumb" aren't much better themselves.

Czarkazem13
09-07-2010, 07:13 PM

Everytime an American says something stupid geographically, why do you all assume it's because they need to learn more about "the world besides usa" or "he don`t know that there is also existing others countries in the world besides usa" [BTW, some of you may want to proof what ya'll typed before you question someone else's intelligence]? You know how many Americans don't know how many states there are (from 48 to 57)? Or think that Chicago is a state? So get it straight, it's not that Americans are ignorant of the world, we're just ignorant - damn!:cool:

Also,

Too bad the U.S. team isn't filled with Mensa students and Rhodes scholars like, uh Slovenia's.:rolleyes:

Ok. Next time an European player says United States of America is a beautiful city, we'll all stop... Oh and Indiana/Indianapolis isn't the same. State isn't the same as country...

Now that's just stupid. EVERYONE should know about the good ol' USA. That would be just ig'nant.

Adon
09-07-2010, 07:25 PM

You're a very funny guy Darko!

If we are worse than almost anyone in mathematics :D,how can you explain these results from International Mathematical Olympiads?

http://www.imo-official.org/countries.aspx

Greece Gold medals: 0. Silver medals: 17. Bronze medals: 51. Honourable mentions: 41.
Spain Gold medals: 0. Silver medals: 4. Bronze medals: 30. Honourable mentions: 35.
Finland Gold medals: 1. Silver medals: 5. Bronze medals: 48. Honourable mentions: 36.
Iceland Gold medals: 0. Silver medals: 1. Bronze medals: 9. Honourable mentions: 21.
Indonesia Gold medals: 0. Silver medals: 4. Bronze medals: 20. Honourable mentions: 27.
Ireland Gold medals: 0. Silver medals: 1. Bronze medals: 7. Honourable mentions: 19.
NZ Gold medals: 1. Silver medals: 6. Bronze medals: 37. Honourable mentions: 28.
Portugal Gold medals: 0. Silver medals: 1. Bronze medals: 12. Honourable mentions: 18.
Switzerland Gold medals: 1. Silver medals: 8. Bronze medals: 30. Honourable mentions: 35.

Do the maths ;) Are we the worst :rolleyes::confused:

Anyway,it's clear that you don't know anything about educational systems of foreign countries and I won't waste my time with your prejudiced nonsense.

Hepcat
09-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Czarkazem:

Who is the big titted babe in your avatar anyway?

Czarkazem13
09-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Czarkazem:

Who is the big titted babe in your avatar anyway?

Jean Grae, a South African born American femcee.

DarkoMVP
09-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Greece Gold medals: 0. Silver medals: 17. Bronze medals: 51. Honourable mentions: 41.

Do the maths ;) Are we the worst :rolleyes::confused:

Anyway,it's clear that you don't know anything about educational systems of foreign countries and I won't waste my time with your prejudiced nonsense.

ROFL, talk about hypocrisy

United States: Gold medals: 85. Silver medals: 103. Bronze medals: 29. Honourable mentions: 1.

Look, no one is saying the top students from every country aren't good - we are talking about averages. You are just saying, "Because one American out of 300 million people made a stupid comment, the average American is clearly an uneducated, illiterate morons." I just said, "Maybe, that's true, but at least they are better than average Greek". (And maybe that's not true, and only moron is person making generalizations)

Czarkazem13
09-07-2010, 07:46 PM

LOL. I saw that too.

Adon
09-07-2010, 08:06 PM

United States: Gold medals: 85. Silver medals: 103. Bronze medals: 29. Honourable mentions: 1.

USA has also much more idiots, engineers,fat people, criminals,medals in almost any sport, schizophrenics, geniuses, etc etc etc than Greece BECAUSE they have 30 times the population of Greece. Bad argument from you ;)

Look, no one is saying the top students from every country aren't good - we are talking about averages. You are just saying, "Because one American out of 300 million people made a stupid comment, the average American is clearly an uneducated, illiterate morons." I just said, "Maybe, that's true, but at least they are better than average Greek". (And maybe that's not true, and only moron is person making generalizations)

At least you admit that your comment was inaccurate.

Generalizations are not bad (they are the base of any scientific knowledge) unless they are uneducated. I believe that I have enough data to do a comparison in some educational systems,esp in Math and Science.
Anyway,I see no point to continue.

JGX
09-07-2010, 08:12 PM
The greatest math team of all time:
http://www.imo-official.org/team_r.aspx?code=USA&year=1994

I did Eastern Mass ARML with a few US IMO representatives over the years...the coach had been an outstanding basketball player in his day.

Adon
09-07-2010, 08:13 PM
LOL. I saw that too.

You can see so many things because of your excellent educational system!:rolleyes::D

DarkoMVP
09-07-2010, 08:18 PM
At least you admit that your comment was inaccurate.

Generalizations are not bad (they are the base of any scientific knowledge) unless they are uneducated. I believe that I have enough data to do a comparison in some educational systems,esp in Math and Science.
Anyway,I see no point to continue.

Huh? My comment was always accurate, because I was always talking about averages. You have shown absolutely NO data to show that the US is bad. The only data presented (by me) shows the US is better than Greece.

And sure, a generalization that Greek education is worse based on the statistically significant sample of an international comparison test is an OK generalization. However, a generalization that the US education system is bad based on no data at all, or on Rudy Gay's comment, is not.

Adon
09-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Huh? My comment was always accurate, because I was always talking about averages. You have shown absolutely NO data to show that the US is bad. The only data presented (by me) shows the US is better than Greece.

And sure, a generalization that Greek education is worse based on the statistically significant sample of an international comparison test is an OK generalization. However, a generalization that the US education system is bad based on no data at all, or on Rudy Gay's comment, is not.

If you had any experience on scientific research you would examine the criteria and the methodology of the research you mentioned, before the blind adoption of its result.
I suppose that you didn't.
International Medals on the other hand are solid data.

Obviously,you didn't understand my argument about the population difference.I thought it was quite simple and convincing,but alas,it wasn't and you keep repeating the same.

Whatever dude....

Czarkazem13
09-07-2010, 08:39 PM
You can see so many things because of your excellent educational system!:rolleyes::D

Yeah, I can be a doctor in Greece. :p

Adon
09-07-2010, 08:40 PM

A proctologist perhaps:D

mvblair
09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Jean Grae, a South African born American femcee. I've wanted to ask who she was for a while now, but I'm too embarrassed. :o Now I know.

Hepcat
09-07-2010, 09:17 PM
You think he might have her phone number too?

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/143225/Jean+Grae.jpg

http://www.vaporsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/jeangreen-540x431.jpg

janos
09-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Guys the argument you are having is completely pointless,since you are all far from tackling the reason behind the fact that americans are actually oblivious of the rest of the world.
A community that has a vibrant and progressing culture (or very well developed instruments of propaganda,for that matter :p) is naturally more self-absorbed than an other one feeding off imported products.
Greeks for example are very well informed about world current events because their curiosity and thirst for knowledge cannot be satisfied by the local production.
As an example: Why would an american fan watch the Adriatic League or even the "Turkish Airlines Euroleague" :rolleyes: if they can just watch the best league in their world which happens to be their domestic league?

In other words: They just don't give a [email protected]%k...

usagre
09-07-2010, 10:00 PM

hey there is a demand for that profession there.
it is greece after all.

Guard
09-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Those morons are too busy smoking weed and marihuana instead of learning something. No surprise half of NBA is getting caught in offseason with drugs or DUI.

L8DBACK
09-07-2010, 11:17 PM

Who need brains if you can make millions playing pro ball!:D:rolleyes:
But seriously, this is a basketball forum not a intellectual forum.

L8DBACK
09-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Depending what part of the USA (state, city, county, west, east, mid west, south, etc) your from.:D

L8DBACK
09-07-2010, 11:29 PM

3q_iqrvnC_4

Onion News Network is a comedy network in the US. Most of their videos are for laughs and humor.

Federoy
09-07-2010, 11:55 PM
So fucking what if he didn't know the difference. If he were of a different nationality and said the same thing all this disdain would be directed towards him as an individual not as an American. It's like Euros can't wait to catch an American saying something stupid so they can go "ha, stupid Americans!!!" Gay only represents the USA in basketball not in a trivia contest. I swear, the country of Europe has some of the most prickly people.

Unimane
09-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Why am I not surprised that this place goes nuts when an American player misspeaks? I think it's pretty obvious that he knew the difference between city and country, hell, he even knew what the Bosporus was. Yet, of course, because he didn't speak perfectly, he's some sort of epitome of American ignorance, or whatever double standard you want to put forth.

The funny thing is that he was trying to complimentary of the beauty of the place and he still gets criticized. As an American, why bother, huh?

Oh, and hilarious post by the dude trying to criticize Americans by using a fake news story, thinking it's real. Yeah, we're the fools.

Dtown
09-08-2010, 12:10 AM

3q_iqrvnC_4

LMAO at pointing out American ignorance, then using a fictional news website as an accurate source! Can't make that up.

Seriously when did Athletes not being all that bright become news? :p

chrisfiss
09-08-2010, 12:50 AM
it's wrong to generalise and say americans are stupid just because gay said one stupid thing. If Gasol had said the same thing we would also tease him. But even if you are illiterate you can tell the difference between a city and a country.it's not a matter of education, thats why it makes it even more funny. Having said that i dont think he wasn't aware that Turkey is a country he probably made a mistake so lets dont burn him alive...
Btw whats your favourite country?
Mine is Amsterdam
Favourite month: Sunday
Favourite season: August

UMUT_FB_LAL
09-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Chris is becoming my favourite poster tbh :D

thegreekmeister
09-08-2010, 12:59 AM
^^ We do learn about the world and their capitals, customs and languages..........in like 5th grade. :rolleyes: How many people are supposed to remember all of that by their 20's and onward? BTW I am not defending Gay's embarrassing moment here. I just think some posts including yours is a bit over the top. Stop acting like all Americans are dumb because they get geographically mixed up.

I learned all the countries and capitals in 8th grade, but I stil remember all the countries and half of the capitals just by living the life. I mean you read the news, see whats going on in the world, watch videos and so on. And you do not forget that one or another cpountry even exist. I mean if you learn that there is Ethiopia in Africa you always know that, of if you learn that there is Laos in Asia you always know it and you are able to point at least aproximately where it is in the map. Its not possible to forget such things just by being human.

JGX
09-08-2010, 01:12 AM

better bring noseplugs

coolfire
09-08-2010, 01:32 AM
stop with all those generalizations. if one gay is stupid it doesn't mean that all gays are stupid.

qiangdade
09-08-2010, 01:40 AM
stop with all those generalizations. if one gay is stupid it doesn't mean that all gays are stupid.

:D times infinity

qiangdade
09-08-2010, 01:43 AM

"Only non-baffoons spell "buffoon" as "baffoon"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=baffoon

no idea why i posted that. sounds funny

UMUT_FB_LAL
09-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Looks like Gay doesn't have his info Straight

chrisfiss
09-08-2010, 02:00 AM
Gay is a nice guy, all he need is Love...Kevin Love

L8DBACK
09-08-2010, 02:52 AM
Gay is a nice guy, all he need is Love...Kevin Love

Don't forget to add a Rose....Derrick Rose!:rolleyes:

Federoy
09-08-2010, 03:25 AM
I've wanted to ask who she was for a while now, but I'm too embarrassed. :o Now I know.

Interesting side note, I actually saw Jean Grae perform on Univ. of Michigan's campus about six years. I had a chance to meet her after her performance and she is as colorful and witty in real life as she is in her music. Strange how six degrees of seperation isn't that far off! Admittedly, I didn't recognize the avatar either. I think she was wearing shades at the time of her show and I only rapped with her for a few minutes.

robbe
09-08-2010, 06:15 AM
To be honest I find it far more shocking when 500.000 idiots gather to "restore America's honor". Selection of venue and time was rather distasteful too.

I feel sorry for Gay. Many people in this world never have the opportunity to enjoy quality education, and that's not really his fault.

Adon
09-08-2010, 06:23 AM
it is greece after all.

Do you speak from personal experience?Because we need those specialists mainly to treat naughty American tourists:p

Speaking about education,you should use capital letter after period (It is...) and as the first letter of a country (Greece and not greece).

gravity
09-08-2010, 07:51 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programme_for_International_Student_Assessment#Lea gue_Tables

this is not logical list. You must include that economy and population. so, this is only "economy" list.

mik3gr
09-08-2010, 08:05 AM
it is greece after all.
In contrast with what is commonly believed, the historical contribution of Greeks to the back-door sex is not that significant.
If you have to give us props for anything, this is for our diachronic contribution to the development and evolvement of autoerotism, also known as sex without partner. :)

MGzCTPNfg_E

qiangdade
09-08-2010, 08:42 AM
looks like gay doesn't have his info straight

hahahahahaha!:d:d:d

klakis
09-08-2010, 09:25 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey,_Texas

You are all european idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tele2pildyk
09-08-2010, 09:46 AM

wtf? so Gay thinks that he is in Texas? thats much more idiotic :D

granger
09-08-2010, 09:55 AM
wtf? so Gay thinks that he is in Texas? thats much more idiotic :D

if someone asked him have it call this competition where is he now play, he would answer: aaaaa... nba? :D:p

mutlucuk
09-08-2010, 10:03 AM

OK, I was resisting the urge to register, but this does it.

LMFAO, that's hilarious. :D

klakis
09-08-2010, 10:25 AM
By the way it is a good thing that gay didn' say "turkey is a beautifull bird".

Lol!

movingscreen
09-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Dumb ignorant American player vs Classy Sophisticated International Fan

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20100907/i/r514656005.jpg

iznogud
09-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Interesting side note, I actually saw Jean Grae perform on Univ. of Michigan's campus about six years. I had a chance to meet her after her performance and she is as colorful and witty in real life as she is in her music. Strange how six degrees of seperation isn't that far off! Admittedly, I didn't recognize the avatar either. I think she was wearing shades at the time of her show and I only rapped with her for a few minutes.
cool story. i'd love to see her perform, i really dig her albums.

mutlucuk
09-08-2010, 10:34 AM
OK, this really happened.

My girlfriend was in USA for a summer working at a deli. She met this 10-12 year old child. The child asked "where are you from?"; she replied "I am from Turkey". And the child said "Oh, you live in the stomach of a turkey?"

klakis
09-08-2010, 10:35 AM
To whom belongs this tatoo my friend?

klakis
09-08-2010, 10:41 AM
The worst thing i 've heard when i was i u.s.a. was "do you have cars in Greece?" and the second worst was "Greece?ohhhhh so you are from europe!my boyfriend studies in Spain perhaps you know him!"!!!!
But generally i have to say that not everybody there is like that to be honest!

Adon
09-08-2010, 10:43 AM

Is he a European? I can't believe he is. Give us some info if you please!

Azrael
09-08-2010, 10:46 AM
cant help it... :D

just want to share...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjKkkApUm04

but this doesn't mean anything. Lets not generalize it. People do make mistakes.

Adon
09-08-2010, 10:49 AM

just want to share...

but this doesn't mean anything. Lets not generalize it. People do make mistakes.

:D Masterpiece my friend! :D

Saskibaloia
09-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Americans' View of the World: Version 1

http://somecontrast.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/how-americans-view-the-world-859.jpg

Americans' View of the World: Version 2

http://laovoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/americanview.gif

Americans' View of the World: Version 3

http://home.arcor.de/xelnaga/america-sees-world.jpg

Here's an interview of ordinary Americans being asked simple questions about the world. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3RrqBqk14)

Enjoy!!!

Here's another good one: Are Americans Racist? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2rJBR5tmBY&feature=related)

dxjayrock2008
09-08-2010, 11:03 AM

http://somecontrast.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/how-americans-view-the-world-859.jpg

Here's an interview of ordinary Americans being asked simple questions about the world. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3RrqBqk14)

Enjoy!!!

Lol. Nice one dude. :D

Adon
09-08-2010, 11:13 AM

Come on,tell ! Is he Colonel Gaddafi? I know he likes bb.

http://www.north-of-africa.com/IMG/arton397.jpg

sseppel
09-08-2010, 11:17 AM

3q_iqrvnC_4

:D:D:D:D

The guys that shows up in the end is Moratinos, the Spanish minister for foreign affairs :D

klakis
09-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Well the tatoo actually belongs to fan!
Even though i couldnt easily belive that he was colonel kadafi!looooooool

jorje
09-08-2010, 11:21 AM
What does math have to do with geography knowledge??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index
This is about a more general educational index.

And we can't generalize about USA.They have some of the best schools in the world, probably some of the worst too.
In terms of geography it's true that many US citizens know nothing.
Once some engineering student was asking me if in Greece we are indeed hard-line Muslims, because this is what he has heard.
Some other told me that he has never traveled outside USA and spends summer always in Cancun or Canada. At the same time some driver told me that he has been outside of USA and in particular in TEXAS and California.
But in every country you can find similar examples.
I guess this comes from the fact that USA has a big population, and they think that you don't need to know anything else.
On the other side when you are from a small country you really want to know about other countries.

sseppel
09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
The U.S. are huge. And a lot of people lives there. It's like they had their own continent, so that's what they know about. I certainly know much more about Europe tha any other continent, and I guess they'll study the american geography, the same way they study American history. They have their own world and they don't need to know about the rest.

Anyway, it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.

granger
09-08-2010, 12:26 PM

just want to share...

at least she heard for turkey, so she is smarter then gay:D:p

Sykes
09-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I know a case of an U.S.A. high school student, asked to settle Spain in a world map, and finally after a while, he couldnīt find it in the whole area of Central/South America:( but at least he knew that zone use to speak spanish:D

Iīm really good in geography, since I was a child I love to observ maps anytime something happens in the world, but.... How many of europeans here, including me, could put in a map, countries like: Chad, Uzbekistan, Tonga?

What Iīm trying to say is that everybody know things about their region or simply, about the countries at the same economic level, for an US citizen Spain or Turkey is not as interesting, as if it will be UK, France or Germany, the same happens to an spaniard to those countries i listed above, and that is a fact

Donīt blame only in the school, but the politicians:cool:

Czarkazem13
09-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Why, do a lot of Greeks have their heads up their asses?:p

Czarkazem13
09-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I've wanted to ask who she was for a while now, but I'm too embarrassed. :o Now I know.

Lol. If you like Hip-Hop, you should check her out.

You think he might have her phone number too?

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/143225/Jean+Grae.jpg

http://www.vaporsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/jeangreen-540x431.jpg

I wish. Not too long ago she went on MySpace (ok, maybe a while ago) to ask for someone to pick her up when she returned to New York from a show. Lost my chance (damn Florida!), but a lot of guys were lined up. :D

Czarkazem13
09-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Those morons are too busy smoking weed and marihuana instead of learning something. No surprise half of NBA is getting caught in offseason with drugs or DUI.

And yet can still beat the Spanish team. Imagine if they were sober (we give our players marijuana to make the games interesting).

Ok, I take it back, maybe you're just mad that ya'll can't beat Serbia. :cool:

Hepcat
09-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Lol. If you like Hip-Hop, you should check her out.

I absolutely despise hiphop - but I love her tits. Decisions, decisions....

Czarkazem13
09-08-2010, 07:30 PM

3q_iqrvnC_4

Lol. You do realize that your "example" is from a spoof site?? In otherwords it is a joke.

Going through your non-sequiturs (a sign of intelligence?), I'm not sure what your point is, but I can tell you that as an American I too had to learn capitals (besides all 50 of our states) of many nations like many people (many forget this as they get older) had to.

Czarkazem13
09-08-2010, 07:31 PM
better bring noseplugs

As opposed to where, Alabama?

Czarkazem13
09-08-2010, 07:33 PM

People need to stop picking on gay athletes. Where's John Amaechi (French right?:D) when you need him?

Czarkazem13
09-08-2010, 07:34 PM

She does an awesome show.

Czarkazem13
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM

Exactly, he was just mentioning what a nice city - no wait, it's in Texas, even I can't fall for that.

Adon
09-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Why, do a lot of Greeks have their heads up their asses?:p

Nope! Because you seem to be an ass-hole expert!

Czarkazem13
09-08-2010, 07:40 PM

Enjoy!!!

Here's another good one: Are Americans Racist? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2rJBR5tmBY&feature=related)

Point? Love the map.

Chasers, haven't watched that in a minute. BTW, we Americans can also find interviews of stupid people in all your countries, but that would involve actually having to look up something about your countries...(that and learn a language that's not English - oh hell no!).

Czarkazem13
09-08-2010, 07:41 PM
I absolutely despise hiphop - but I love her tits. Decisions, decisions....

Remember, I'm speaking of Hip-Hop, not rap music - there is a difference (like between an emcee and a rapper).

BTW, I'm assuming you "despise" it not because of the sexism.

Hepcat
09-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Okay, okay, so Rudy Gay couldn't find his ass with both hands - but talk is cheap. Let's see how you fellows can do on this geography quiz:

Test Your Geography I.Q. (http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq)

But let me warn you, it's tough. The map is small, the cursor obscures details, the colours are subdued pastel shades and you have to be quick. And if your way off the computer taunts you.

My best score was only 128.

:cool:

Hepcat
09-08-2010, 07:56 PM
BTW, I'm assuming you "despise" it not because of the sexism.

Your assumption would be correct. Let's just say I don't lose any sleep over sexism. A quick look at the "pop" musicians I like the most would probably give you a pretty good idea of why I'm not a fan of hiphop or rap.

My favourite bands include the Rolling Stones, Doors, Cream, Beatles, Who, Led Zeppelin, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Kinks, Yardbirds, Troggs, Blondie, B-52's etc. My favourite black blues/soul/rhythm & blues artists include Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Howlin' Wolf, Slim Harpo, Little Walter, James Brown, Otis Redding, Solomon Burke, Ben E. King, Supremes, Four Tops, Junior Walker & the All-Stars, Booker T & the MGs, Robert Cray Band, etc.

http://www.rockontour.net/67band.jpg

Unimane
09-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Okay, okay, so Rudy Gay couldn't find his ass with both hands - but talk is cheap. Let's see how you fellows can do on this geography quiz:

Test Your Geography I.Q. (http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq)

But let me warn you, it's tough. The map is small, the cursor obscures details, the colours are subdued pastel shades and you have to be quick. And if your way off the computer taunts you.

My best score was only 128.

Jeez, why is it so hard for people to understand that Gay simply misspoke? He knows Turkey is a country and Istanbul is the city, obviously.

By the way, I got a 129 on my first try for the geography quiz.

usagre
09-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Do you speak from personal experience?Because we need those specialists mainly to treat naughty American tourists:p

Speaking about education,you should use capital letter after period (It is...) and as the first letter of a country (Greece and not greece).

if it wasn't for american tourists your country would be in .............
oh wait it already is.

usagre
09-08-2010, 10:10 PM
greeks are so smart and educated, yet they are a third world country.
figure that one out.

Hepcat
09-08-2010, 11:11 PM
By the way, I got a 129 on my first try for the geography quiz.

I would have liked to see that.

;)

jorje
09-08-2010, 11:43 PM
if it wasn't for american tourists your country would be in .............
oh wait it already is.

In what?
Do you think there a lot of Americans visiting Greece??
For your information American tourists is the least important piece of tourism pie in Greece,the important ones are British with over 2 million,Germans over 2m,Scandinavians as a whole(i guess you know which set of countries compromise this more general geographic entity),Italians and an increasing number of Russians and Chinese.But Americans not even 2% of foreigner visitors.
Probably you have never visited Greece or any other Mediterranean country.
And for your information HDI in Greece was 0.942 and in USA 0.956
There are 29 states worse than Greece,which is just below Pennsylvania
So after all Greece is not a bad place.........................................

jorje
09-08-2010, 11:46 PM
http://mapscroll.blogspot.com/2009/05/human-development-index-by-state.html
lol

Federoy
09-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Your assumption would be correct. Let's just say I don't lose any sleep over sexism. A quick look at the "pop" musicians I like the most would probably give you a pretty good idea of why I'm not a fan of hiphop or rap.

My favourite bands include the Rolling Stones, Doors, Cream, Beatles, Who, Led Zeppelin, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Kinks, Yardbirds, Troggs, Blondie, B-52's etc. My favourite black blues/soul/rhythm & blues artists include Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Howlin' Wolf, Slim Harpo, Little Walter, James Brown, Otis Redding, Solomon Burke, Ben E. King, Supremes, Four Tops, Junior Walker & the All-Stars, Booker T & the MGs, Robert Cray Band, etc.

Are you over 40?

Hepcat
09-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Yes, well over forty!

;)

chrisfiss
09-09-2010, 01:36 AM
figure that one out.

Man i envy your country. its paradise. Just watch out because some dark forces are trying to create a bloody public health system!:eek::eek: and you know what that means?! communism man communism! just like linux and firefox! dont let them prevail! let people live without insurance and die, at least thats better than communism...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_W3FnlQMpdDg/SVGbuiNrN5I/AAAAAAAAAhk/tnKuwZoZ_FE/s400/firefox-communism_wallpapers_1794_1280x1024%5B1%5D.jpg

http://mythstified.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/communism.jpg

Adon
09-09-2010, 09:00 AM
figure that one out.

Greeks in this forum are smarter and more educated than YOU,that's for sure !

Are you a college graduate? :rolleyes:
I'm teasing you! Off course not,you're just a peasant who has never been outside his village in his life. And never will, because he can't afford it! :D

--- Don't take cover behind ethnicities.Hicks are the same kind of people all over the world. ;)

washcloud
09-09-2010, 09:05 AM
you're just a peasant who have never been aboard in his life. And never will, because he can't afford it! :D

OK - aboard what :p

Adon
09-09-2010, 09:09 AM
OK - aboard what :p

Noted! Editing (deleting-adding) error.Thanks

washcloud
09-09-2010, 09:10 AM
figure that one out.

"3rd world country" in what sense?

'Cause if what you had in mind was external (that would be "international") debt, take the time to check the corresponding one of the US.

OK, have checked already? Well if you already have, you wouldn't call the US "a 3rd world country", would you now? I wouldn't.

washcloud
09-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Jeez, why is it so hard for people to understand that Gay simply misspoke? He knows Turkey is a country and Istanbul is the city, obviously.
...unless you provide us with some hard evidence that you're his agent (or at least his momma) and you're officially speaking for him, the only obvioussliness (sic) around would be that :
One day he was told that Team Usa was to take part in the FIBA World Championship that was gonna be held in Turkey during Aug/Sept 2010 and that he was selected to be part of the team's roster.
Then another day he was told that the team was about to leave for Turkey.
And they got onto some airplane which eventually landed at Turkey.
And then Mr. Gay soon found out about the great weather conditions present (well it had been raining for 2 days that he'd been there already, but what the heck, maybe he's the Gene Kelly type kinda guy) and spoke of how great a city Turkey is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JCYP7CZCZk). Twice.

You see, what actually is obvious here is (no matter what a nice person Mr. Gay may probably overall be - no matter if he dribbled and dunked his way through college -which would be OK to have done btw- but payed a tad less attention to the other courses) :
a) This doesn't make the US education system a complete failure, I do agree.
b) He hasn't been appointed as the representative of the average US citizen, OK.
c) His words seem as if they have kinda been generally dictated to him, probably by some PR person of the delegation ("...this is what you're gonna say if asked about this and that") - yet that someone probably just missed mentioning that the city is Istanbul which would make the country to be Turkey.
d) ...all these make me wonder why is it so hard for you to understand that it's apparent that he didn't know that what he thought of to be the name of the city he was at, would actually be the name of the whole god-damn effin' country (rather than claiming that it was simply a slip of his tongue). And it simply sounds ridiculous, even if he didn't major in Eurasian geography.

e) ... all of the above reminded me btw of other people, supposedly having to be a bit more cautious about what should come out of their mouths, considering the fact that they DID bare the responsibility of representing the average US person :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Wr9cAiR1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII

( bonus vids :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC73JqlF4jU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLhQHeyOrnY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK1ekhovFeU

:D )

SunOverHStreet
09-09-2010, 02:01 PM
figure that one out.

It's funny how you're throwing words around, but you're actually clueless about their meaning... As American, you should probably know more about the meaning of "third world country". And Greece, being a member of NATO, surely isn't one...

washcloud
09-09-2010, 04:38 PM
^ Well maybe he had this map in mind while posting :

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8241/mapworld.gif

SunOverHStreet
09-09-2010, 06:19 PM

I found very interesting map on Wikipedia, which BTW have a big flaw and it basically shows distribution of countries by political orientation...
It failed on Yugoslavia, one of the co-founders of Non-Aligned Movement and leaders of the "Third World"... Showing it as a part of Soviet Union's political influence is simply ridiculous!

Czarkazem13
09-09-2010, 07:49 PM

Interesting, I like much of what you put yet still like hip-hop, I guess that's not a reason not to like hip-hop then. So I wouldn't say that would give me "a pretty good idea of why" you don't like hip-hop. But to each their own.

however, I don't like stating that I like Hip-Hop because people assume I mean Will Smith, Lil' Jon, Lil' Wayne - any of the Lil's -, Rick Ross - in other words "pop" music.

BTW, may "assumption" was just sarcasm.:D

Czarkazem13
09-09-2010, 07:51 PM
figure that one out.

I'm not sure you know what "third world" means...besides, have you traveled across the U.S.?

Czarkazem13
09-09-2010, 07:52 PM
In what?
Do you think there a lot of Americans visiting Greece??
For your information American tourists is the least important piece of tourism pie in Greece,the important ones are British with over 2 million,Germans over 2m,Scandinavians as a whole(i guess you know which set of countries compromise this more general geographic entity),Italians and an increasing number of Russians and Chinese.But Americans not even 2% of foreigner visitors.
Probably you have never visited Greece or any other Mediterranean country.
And for your information HDI in Greece was 0.942 and in USA 0.956
There are 29 states worse than Greece,which is just below Pennsylvania
So after all Greece is not a bad place.........................................

Exactly! Why would we wanna go to Greece, there's enough Greeks over here! Besides, it's right next to Turkey.:cool:

Czarkazem13
09-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Man i envy your country. its paradise. Just watch out because some dark forces are trying to create a bloody public health system!:eek::eek: and you know what that means?! communism man communism! just like linux and firefox! dont let them prevail! let people live without insurance and die, at least thats better than communism...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_W3FnlQMpdDg/SVGbuiNrN5I/AAAAAAAAAhk/tnKuwZoZ_FE/s400/firefox-communism_wallpapers_1794_1280x1024%5B1%5D.jpg

http://mythstified.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/communism.jpg

A Glenn Beck fan I see. :D

Czarkazem13
09-09-2010, 07:54 PM

I'm teasing you! Off course not,you're just a peasant who has never been outside his village in his life. And never will, because he can't afford it! :D

--- Don't take cover behind ethnicities.Hicks are the same kind of people all over the world. ;)

See, this is where the confusion begins. There are no peasents or villages in the U.S. Just cities, towns and people with lousy geography skills.

Czarkazem13
09-09-2010, 07:56 PM
...unless you provide us with some hard evidence that you're his agent (or at least his momma) and you're officially speaking for him, the only obvioussliness (sic) around would be that :
One day he was told that Team Usa was to take part in the FIBA World Championship that was gonna be held in Turkey during Aug/Sept 2010 and that he was selected to be part of the team's roster.
Then another day he was told that the team was about to leave for Turkey.
And they got onto some airplane which eventually landed at Turkey.
And then Mr. Gay soon found out about the great weather conditions present (well it had been raining for 2 days that he'd been there already, but what the heck, maybe he's the Gene Kelly type kinda guy) and spoke of how great a city Turkey is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JCYP7CZCZk). Twice.

You see, what actually is obvious here is (no matter what a nice person Mr. Gay may probably overall be - no matter if he dribbled and dunked his way through college -which would be OK to have done btw- but payed a tad less attention to the other courses) :
a) This doesn't make the US education system a complete failure, I do agree.
b) He hasn't been appointed as the representative of the average US citizen, OK.
c) His words seem as if they have kinda been generally dictated to him, probably by some PR person of the delegation ("...this is what you're gonna say if asked about this and that") - yet that someone probably just missed mentioning that the city is Istanbul which would make the country to be Turkey.
d) ...all these make me wonder why is it so hard for you to understand that it's apparent that he didn't know that what he thought of to be the name of the city he was at, would actually be the name of the whole god-damn effin' country (rather than claiming that it was simply a slip of his tongue). And it simply sounds ridiculous, even if he didn't major in Eurasian geography.

e) ... all of the above reminded me btw of other people, supposedly having to be a bit more cautious about what should come out of their mouths, considering the fact that they DID bare the responsibility of representing the average US person :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Wr9cAiR1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII

( bonus vids :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC73JqlF4jU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLhQHeyOrnY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK1ekhovFeU

:D )

So Turkey is NOT great city?

Czarkazem13
09-09-2010, 07:58 PM

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8241/mapworld.gif

What's that stuff surrounding the red part?

Hepcat
09-09-2010, 08:01 PM
BTW, may "assumption" was just sarcasm.:D

Yes, but I wasn't. I really do like Jean's tits!

;)

usagre
09-09-2010, 11:34 PM

i lived in greece long enough to see all that i needed to see.

usagre
09-10-2010, 12:03 AM

usagre?

Czarkazem13
09-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Yes, but I wasn't. I really do like Jean's tits!

;)

More of an ass man myself...

...or was just an ass.:D

Oky
09-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Stop arguing, this is supposed to be fun :D

Anyway, Lamar Odom obviously deserved to be mentioned in this thread.

Journalist: Is there some player on this tournament that especially attracted your attention?

Lamar Odom: There are lots of talented guys. Like, this kid from Kukoc..
I mean Croatia. Ante Tomic.... :D

I just love this USA roster, true blooper-bombers :D

Linktothepast
09-12-2010, 10:22 AM

Hey Adon, no need to be so serious.... USA educational system is way better than in Greece. We learn everything in a way too theoretic manner, and we end up staying in theory... Collaborations of universities with companies are rare, along with private fundings. In other words we don't bridge the gap between university research and real world applications of it. As a result research is not that highly regarded or promoted, rather seen as a job that will just spend money, time and space in a pointless manner (we were among the last in EU in research spending). Medical research is not that bad though, and we have some exceptional doctors...

Unfortunately that is true to our daily lives also. We stay too much in words rather than actions. If we cared about actions at least as much as we care about words, things would be way better here, in every aspect in our lives.

Adon
09-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Hey Adon, no need to be so serious.... USA educational system is way better than in Greece. We learn everything in a way too theoretic manner, and we end up staying in theory... Collaborations of universities with companies are rare, along with private fundings. In other words we don't bridge the gap between university research and real world applications of it. As a result research is not that highly regarded or promoted, rather seen as a job that will just spend money, time and space in a pointless manner (we were among the last in EU in research spending). Medical research is not that bad though, and we have some exceptional doctors...

Unfortunately that is true to our daily lives also. We stay too much in words rather than actions. If we cared about actions at least as much as we care about words, things would be way better here, in every aspect in our lives.

...and do you think that I am too serious?:rolleyes:

Linktothepast
09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
...and do you think that I am too serious?:rolleyes:

I meant angry, because you took things too seriously :p. Bad choice of words. Others where toying and you seemed irritated instead of playing along.

Czarkazem13
09-13-2010, 07:43 PM
I just love this USA roster, true blooper-bombers :D

Not to mention those 3-pointers.:D