Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiba.tv limitations: blocks USA, Japan, Lithuania, France...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiba.tv limitations: blocks USA, Japan, Lithuania, France...

"15. Live and Video on Demand streaming geo-blocking rules:
    2010 FIBA World Championship
    No live or delayed streaming of any kind:
    Japan
    USA
    France
    Israel
    Lithuania
    Russia
    Pan-Arab Region"

I mean, WTF!?? I will pay 30 dollars and get... nothing??

So maybe someone knows something? Is it really no live games for these countries?

Comment

Someone else probably has streaming rights for those countries.
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

My motto: Never pay when there are free alternatives.
        aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
          My motto: Never pay when there are free alternatives.
          FIBA is a better solution IMO if you are stuck with internet..
          games without interruptions, no searching for alternate working links, every game live, great pic quality..
          and 30 € or 40 € (for both women and men) is not so much..
          although it is more expensive then it was last year (probably because it is WC)..
          my 1 year subscription expired on august 2 this year and I think i payed 30 € for the whole year and there were a lot of championships to watch in that year..
          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

At least you can watch replays of the games as many times you want on Fiba Tv There will be lots of streams on internet anyways . Serbian Television will broadcast all games thanks god
            UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Fibatv is a bit of a resource hog, but it's worth it. I bought the package for the WC couple of weeks before, at the "early purchase" price of 25 euros. IMO 25 euros for full access on all the games in high quality video and sound without any agony over finding working links and the ability to watch whole games of previous tournaments is definitely worth it
              "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Comment

So can you explain to me, I am from Lithuania(you can`t watch many live games from there) But now I`m in Denmark, I should see ALL games, but today there was free live game usa vs greece on fiba.tv but I still could`nt watch it(it said that sorry you are unable to access this content,this live streaming is not available in your country.)But I`m in Denmark!

Comment

Can't speak for the other countries, but in the USA if you have one of these ISP's http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList, every game will be streamed live for free on ESPN3.
                  Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

The two games of the USA vs. Spain and Greece were only available in a few countries.

The World Championship is blocked in the following countries according to the FIBA TV Terms and Conditions
                    2010 FIBA World Championship - No live or delayed streaming of any kind:
                    Japan
                    USA
                    France
                    Israel
                    Looking for a place to stay when visiting your favorite basketball games? Check out the list of top basketball arenas and nearby hotels recommended by FIBA.TV.

@SG-
                    Where did you find that list of blocked countries?
                    If you are in Denmark, you should get the games without any problem
                    ----------------------------------
                    http://www.europeanprospects.com
                    Who will be the next ...?
                    News and Scouting Reports on European Youth Basketball
                    ----------------------------------

Comment

In the US, we have to watch using ESPN3.com, but I am not sure if it will work outside the country.
                      My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                      1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                      1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                      1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                      1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                      1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                      1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                      1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

Originally posted by xtf_no4 View Post
                        The two games of the USA vs. Spain and Greece were only available in a few countries.

The World Championship is blocked in the following countries according to the FIBA TV Terms and Conditions
                        2010 FIBA World Championship - No live or delayed streaming of any kind:
                        Japan
                        USA
                        France
                        Israel
                        Looking for a place to stay when visiting your favorite basketball games? Check out the list of top basketball arenas and nearby hotels recommended by FIBA.TV.

@SG-
                        Where did you find that list of blocked countries?
                        If you are in Denmark, you should get the games without any problem
                        I tryed to watch today`s friendly usa vs greece and i could not ( as I mentioned before..)

Edit: Oh, I understood.. so I could`nt watch it because almost no one could? So if i`m in denmark it is safe to buy it, i will definitely see all the games yes?
                        Last edited by SG-; 08-25-2010, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SG- View Post
                          I tryed to watch today`s friendly usa vs greece and i could not ( as I mentioned before..)

Edit: Oh, I understood.. so I could`nt watch it because almost no one could? So if i`m in denmark it is safe to buy it, i will definitely see all the games yes?
                          just email customer support
                          And you can always try software to force change your ip like surf... something
                          And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by SG- View Post

yes, only Greece, Germany and Great Britain I think were allowed to watch through fiba tv..
                            and yes, you should be able to watch all games through fibatv while you are in denmark..
                            just don't tell them you are lithuanian during signup process
                            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                              just don't tell them you are lithuanian during signup process
                              Nice try )
                              And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information