Qualified Teams:

Lebanon (Host)

From FIBA ASIA Stankovic Cup 2010:

Japan (runner up)

From WABA:

From East Asia:

From Middle Asia

From Southeast Asia

I'm a little confused. Some sources said that the top 5 teams from the Stankovic Cup are already qualified.

SOLO
08-16-2010, 06:38 PM
My power rankings for now: one year before tournament

1 - Iran
2 - China
3 - South Korea
4 - Lebanon
5 - Phillipines
6 - Qatar
7 - Chinese Taipei
8 - Japan
9 - Jordan

Mine would be:
1-Iran
2-Lebanon/China
3-China/Lebanon
4-Qatar
5-South Korea
6-Philipines
7-Jordan
8-Japan/Taipei
9-Taipei/Japan
10-Kazakhstan

Are you both Serious !!!!??? You are hilarious haha
All what I would say is WE WILL SEE , NEXT YEAR IS NOT FAR :cool:

Mine is :
1-Jordan/China
2-China/Jordan
3-Iran
4-Qatar
5-Philippines
6-South Korea
7-Japan
8-Taiwan

khaledlebanon
08-16-2010, 07:03 PM
My Power Ranking:
1-Lebanon
2-China
3-Iran
4-Qatar
5-South Korea
6-Jordan
7-Japan
8-Philippine

daniab
08-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Next year's Fiba Asian Championship will be really wide and open to many possible final standings.

my opinion

Spot 1
Lebanon , China , Iran

Spot 2
Jordan , Qatar , South korea

Spot 3
Philippines , Japan

Philippines could improve to Spot 2 , it depends on their team and the new additions!

Bernard
08-16-2010, 07:17 PM

Mine is :
1-Jordan/China
2-China/Jordan
3-Iran
4-Qatar
5-Philippines
6-South Korea
7-Japan
8-Taiwan

LOL
Good Luck ! :)

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians !!)

wilo22
08-16-2010, 07:28 PM

1 - Iran
2 - China
3 - South Korea
4 - Lebanon
5 - Phillipines
6 - Qatar
7 - Chinese Taipei
8 - Japan
9 - Jordan

:confused:

my power ranking

title contenders:

lebanon china iran

rest of the teams:

4-philippines
5-qatar
6-south korea
7-jordan
8-japan
9-chinese taipei

SOLO
08-16-2010, 07:55 PM
hehe Bernard just don't reply to his posts! Simply,he is just jealous of Lebanon and he can't accept the fact that Lebanon is Better than Jordan!!:D

GOO Lebanon <3

English, please

usausa
08-16-2010, 08:13 PM
My rank right now:

1.Iran
2.China
3.Lebanon
4.South Korea
5.Qatar
6.Philippines
7.Japan
8.Jordan
9.Chinese Taipei
T10.Kazakhstan
T10.Iraq

Jordan really disappointed. They have the talent but they are not getting the wins, but hopefully, they give a good show in Turkey. And a suprise to some, Iraq. They looked very competitive and beat a good Syrian team. Iraq could be a sleeper in 2011 but with this showing, I do not think they will shock anyone now.

marko
08-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Thx marko for your support! what can we say:) he is Just a Child!!

Because I am fed up with him !! this isnt the first thread .. everytime he is insulting and swearing !! and we just shut up and ask the admins and I have reported his posts more than once... but nothing is done !! and he continues insulting and swearing on us ...

We are not obliged to take his insults and shut up.. if the admins see this is ok in a respectable forum.. i don't wanna be in such a place...
since 2006 this was a beautiful place for me to follow basketball and discuss (although i don't always post) !

khaledlebanon
08-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Because I am fed up with him !! this isnt the first thread .. everytime he is insulting and swearing !! and we just shut up and ask the admins and I have reported his posts more than once... but nothing is done !! and he continues insulting and swearing on us ...

We are not obliged to take his insults and shut up.. if the admins see this is ok in a respectable forum.. i don't wanna be in such a place...
since 2006 this was a beautiful place for me to follow basketball and discuss (although i don't always post) !

Agree:D from now on let's just not reply to him! and ADMINS MUST do somethings!!(kleb bidal t3awe bil 2e5er la7 tiskot:D)

wilo22
08-16-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm a little confused. Some sources said that the top 5 teams from the Stankovic Cup are already qualified.

The top five teams at the 3rd FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup will earn additional berths for their respective FIBA Asia sub zones.

SOLO
08-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Marko
============
take a look about these posts and see who started this Shit !
Not me who makes problems but the lebanese kids here !

Originally Posted by Bernard
LOL
Good Luck !

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians !!)

hehe Bernard just don't reply to his posts! Simply,he is just jealous of Lebanon and he can't accept the fact that Lebanon is Better than Jordan!!

btw filipino is another account for SOLO:P so u know what i mean
GOO Lebanon <3

filipino
08-16-2010, 09:09 PM
My rank right now:

1.Iran
2.China
3.Lebanon
4.South Korea
5.Qatar
6.Philippines
7.Japan
8.Jordan
9.Chinese Taipei
T10.Kazakhstan
T10.Iraq

Jordan really disappointed. They have the talent but they are not getting the wins, but hopefully, they give a good show in Turkey. And a suprise to some, Iraq. They looked very competitive and beat a good Syrian team. Iraq could be a sleeper in 2011 but with this showing, I do not think they will shock anyone now.

Almost same as mine. You just put Lebanon ahead of south korea.Qatar ahead of phillipines. And chinese taipei behind Japan/Jordan.

I think logically we all agree

Class A
China, Iran.

Class B
South Korea, Lebanon

Class C
Qatar, Phillipines

Class D
Japan, Jordan, Chinese Taipei.

leb-basket
08-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Agree:D from now on let's just not reply to him! and ADMINS MUST do somethings!!(kleb bidal t3awe bil 2e5er la7 tiskot:D)

khaye 7ada bi 7arkish be majrour ***** bala ma n2oula :P?

anw my first 5 would be

lebanon
china
iran
qatar
south korea

jordan disqualified :P

SOLO
08-16-2010, 09:18 PM
khaye 7ada bi 7arkish be majrour ***** bala ma n2oula :P?

anw my first 5 would be

lebanon
china
iran
qatar
south korea

jordan disqualified :P

6ayeb ya majroood
Lebanon out of competition yalla 3eesh :D

wilo22
08-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Almost same as mine. You just put Lebanon ahead of south korea.Qatar ahead of phillipines. And chinese taipei behind Japan/Jordan.

Class A
China, Iran.

Class B
South Korea, Lebanon

Class C
Qatar, Phillipines

Class D

lebanon is in class A. in 2009 we showed that we're the same level like china
and we were going to beat them if the referee didn't interfer.

in 2011 we will win asia in beirut and qualify for the olympics

SOLO
08-16-2010, 09:33 PM
lebanon is in class A. in 2009 we showed that we're the same level like china
and we were going to beat them if the referee didn't interfer.

in 2011 we will win asia in beirut and qualify for the olympics

And in 2009 we showed that we are in the same level of Iran who beaten China hard , So a bad Stankovich Cup won't make us 4th level :D

These Judges are pathetic to be honest and has two options : 1-Hatred or jealousy 2- No Basketball Vision with all my respect

Every team has it's ups and downs and am sure that Jordan will impress in World Championship , not talking about wins but playing nice basketball

wilo22
08-16-2010, 09:35 PM
what about korean team??? i didn't hear about them this summer.

marko
08-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Marko
============
take a look about these posts and see who started this Shit !
Not me who makes problems but the lebanese kids here !

habibe I have never showed anything less than respect ..
these words annoyed you from these posters but they werent curses or swears !!
you post especially the one i quoted was simply insults to family members and big swears !! this is not acceptable ...

SOLO
08-16-2010, 09:52 PM
habibe I have never showed anything less than respect ..
these words annoyed you from these posters but they werent curses or swears !!
you post especially the one i quoted was simply insults to family members and big swears !! this is not acceptable ...

Ok Man , your posts proves that you are a Man not like other Kids :)
that one khledlebanon (The kid) keeps on making himself Funny by insulting My Country

I Declare Truce , But of other Kids posts such geeky posts about My NT am gonna respond

wilo22
08-16-2010, 10:33 PM
that one khledlebanon (The kid) keeps on making himself Funny by insulting My Country

I Declare Truce , But of other Kids posts such geeky posts about My NT am gonna respond

peace man!!!:)

no body is a child stop this discussion between the rivalry between lebanon and jordan.

asia 2009 was a bad day for us:p we will show our real level in 2011 and get the ring

khaledlebanon
08-16-2010, 10:49 PM

I insulted your country?!? how?? just show me one comment that i said which insulted your country!
I Just said my opinion "Lebanon is better than Jordan"!!!So what's wrong with someone saying his opinion!!

CKR13
08-16-2010, 11:08 PM
what about korean team??? i didn't hear about them this summer.

The South Korean NT are very elusive in preparation for the Asian Games. Training in the USA and closed door scrimmages with NCAA Division I and Division II Schools.

I guess they don't want to be scouted.

maryus
08-17-2010, 01:21 AM

1 - Iran
2 - China
3 - South Korea
4 - Lebanon
5 - Phillipines
6 - Qatar
7 - Chinese Taipei
8 - Japan
9 - Jordan

i think pilipinas will be on top.

1 - China
2 - Pilipinas
3 - Iran
4 - Lebanon
5 - Japan
6 - Qatar
7 - Jordan
8 - South Korea
9 - Chinese Taipe
10 - Kazakshtan

leb-basket
08-17-2010, 09:37 AM
i think pilipinas will be on top.

1 - China
2 - Pilipinas
3 - Iran
4 - Lebanon
5 - Japan
6 - Qatar
7 - Jordan
8 - South Korea
9 - Chinese Taipe
10 - Kazakshtan

i see u are philipino hiding behind an arabian flag
(1st post HUH )

qatar 6 ?? lebanon 4??

anw i respect ure opinion !

rocketstar47
08-17-2010, 10:31 AM
1.Philippines
2.China
3.Iran
4.Lebanon
5.Qatar
6.South Korea
7.Jordan
8.Japan
9.Chinese Taipei
10.Kazakthstan
11.Kuwait
12.Syria
13.India
14.Indonesia
15.UAE
16.Malaysia

usausa
08-17-2010, 08:37 PM

Class A
China, Iran.

Class B
South Korea, Lebanon

Class C
Qatar, Phillipines

Class D

I'd put Lebanon in Class A without question. They are a competitive side and the last 2 FIBA-Asia Champs. prove it. I'd move Qatar into B becuase of Ngombo's play but the fact they were unable to beat Lebanon, unable to close out Japan, and beat the Philippines twice, albeit close, puts them below class A. Philippines, Jordan (for lack of performance we all expect), and Japan in Group C.

CLASS A
China, Iran, Lebanon

CLASS B
Qatar, South Korea

CLASS C
Philippines, Jordan, Japan

CLASS D
Chinese Taipei

CLASS E
Kazakhstan, Iraq, Syria

wilo22
08-17-2010, 09:40 PM
I'd put Lebanon in Class A without question. They are a competitive side and the last 2 FIBA-Asia Champs. prove it. I'd move Qatar into B becuase of Ngombo's play but the fact they were unable to beat Lebanon, unable to close out Japan, and beat the Philippines twice, albeit close, puts them below class A. Philippines, Jordan (for lack of performance we all expect), and Japan in Group C.

CLASS A
China, Iran, Lebanon

CLASS B
Qatar, South Korea

CLASS C
Philippines, Jordan, Japan

CLASS D
Chinese Taipei

CLASS E
Kazakhstan, Iraq, Syria

i totaly agree with you.
qatar is trying to naturalize a new centre.

QATAR
08-18-2010, 06:03 AM
The tournament will be held in China, as Lebanon isnt capable of hosting this kind of tournament.

samer_1_2
08-18-2010, 07:08 AM
My rank right now:

1.Iran
2.China
3.Lebanon
4.South Korea
5.Qatar
6.Philippines
7.Japan
8.Jordan
9.Chinese Taipei
T10.Kazakhstan
T10.Iraq

Totally logic, we have to not overrate teams.. be realistic.. my opinion:

1- China - I saw china in stankovic and it was better than Iran - it has world class level.. Still #1 in Asia
2- Iran - except if Lebanon beats them in the incoming matches
3- Lebanon
4-5-Qatar/Philipine - qatar is way better than Philippine
6- Jordan - was very disappointing team - become old team
7-8- Korea/Japan
9- Taiwan
and below those teams come mediocre teams

reamily
08-18-2010, 07:17 AM
its a long long way to go:D

kaiziken_pinas
08-18-2010, 07:37 AM
anyway, to our Arab friends : what is your basis for judging the RP team? the Stankovic cup? The Jones Cup?

come 2011, if God permits, we'll have a complete and fierce lineup. Lebanon and qatar can BAREly beat our undermanned lineup. how much more if it's complete + PBA reinforcements?

i love it when we're being treated as the underdogs.

biggest threat for all teams is KOREA. elusive and silent.

BTW, is Ghazir the best Stadium in Beirut? -_-.....

we have 5 Arenas like that in Manila and hundreds more throughout the country. and the capacity is just 5000?

daniab
08-18-2010, 08:00 AM
anyway, to our Arab friends : what is your basis for judging the RP team? the Stankovic cup? The Jones Cup?

come 2011, if God permits, we'll have a complete and fierce lineup. Lebanon and qatar can BAREly beat our undermanned lineup. how much more if it's complete + PBA reinforcements?

i love it when we're being treated as the underdogs.

biggest threat for all teams is KOREA. elusive and silent.

we have 5 Arenas like that in Manila and hundreds more throughout the country. and the capacity is just 5000?

you have everything :D:D
Our stadiums are not really big cz we r not used to host big tournaments , plus we r a small country.
The biggest stadium in Lebanon is Sports City Complex.

For Smart Gilas , they might have played very well against Middle Eastern teams but they didn't do well against East Asian teams so you have a long way yet .

Khalid80
08-18-2010, 08:12 AM

Pare, u can't compare apples to oranges :D
Lebanon is a small country (Our population is 4 million while yours is close to 92 million; 23 times as much as Lebanon). A 5000 stadium in Lebanon is considered as really good while in Philippines it will be small.

Our largest stadium, i believe can fit 7,000 which is the Sports City Complex "Madine Al Riyadieh" in Beirut.

reamily
08-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Our stadiums are not really big cz we r not used to host big tournaments , plus we r a small country.

For Smart Gilas , they might have played very well against Middle Eastern teams but they didn't do well against East Asian teams so you have a long way yet .

yes youre right about the east asian teams but still even we are familiar(as some say) to middle east game I still rank the team arguably in top 8 and have chance to be toppled out of quarters if kazakhstan,taiwan play their cards its still ambitious that if we want to have a shot on the olympic slot we must flirt with the top 4 before fiba asia

usausa
08-18-2010, 08:29 PM
1- China - I saw china in stankovic and it was better than Iran - it has world class level.. Still #1 in Asia

I just saw China play Puerto Rico and they don't look impressive...this year's squad looks to be a rebuilding one and without Yao Ming. In the Stankovic Cup, Iran looked to be playing a mix A/B team, not full strength from what I believe. Also, Iran beat China last year in FIBA-Asia, I'd say Iran right now is the better team, but not by much. If anything, its 1A and 1B for the moment.

kaiziken_pinas
08-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Pare, u can't compare apples to oranges :D
Lebanon is a small country (Our population is 4 million while yours is close to 92 million; 23 times as much as Lebanon). A 5000 stadium in Lebanon is considered as really good while in Philippines it will be small.

Our largest stadium, i believe can fit 7,000 which is the Sports City Complex "Madine Al Riyadieh" in Beirut.

I forgot. Lebanon is a small country. haha. silly me. I doubt the arena's capacity, I don't doubt its quality though.

and about us not being used to play against Eastern teams, I totally agree with that. However the Nat'l fed already signed up to join the Asian Basketball Association Invitational in China. Will be playing against teams from the CBA, KBL, SBL and Iran.

sinobball
08-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Tier A: China, Iran, Lebanon
Tier B: South Korea, Jordan, Qatar
Tier C: Philippines, Japan, Chinese Taipei
Tier D: Kazakhstan, Syria, India

Tier E: Iraq, Uzbekistan, Indonesia, UAE
Tier F: Hong Kong, Kuwait, Malaysia, Afghanistan
Tier G: Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Tier H: Yemen, Singapore, Vietnam, Mongolia

Tier I: All remaining Teams?

bhinov
08-19-2010, 04:00 AM
FROM LEBANON TO CHINA?
Aug 18, 2010 (by Maarouf Mawloud)
By: FAISSAL KALAAWI

The main reason why the Asian championship in 2011 might change its setting as in place precisely is that china assured that center star Yao Ming will not be playing in the squad. So after the hard work of Lebanon to get it. It might be gone in a splash because of the popularity or better ranking!!
Isn't it enough that china held the Asian tournament last year (2009), now because of no specific or no clear reason it has to be in the same place? Isnt it enough that we saw one of the worse Asian tournaments? Whether in the bad referring or in how all countries were far from the hotel except the host?!...
Lebanon has showed after they hosted Stancovic cup that they are more than responsible to hold and host any event. All the teams were respected on a high note more than 4 international televisions were broadcasting
These traits unfortunately were lacked in last years Asian championship and were in a very big standard in this small event, so how will it be in a bigger one and hopefully FIBA-ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2011 WILL BE HELD IN LEBANON BEIRUT, and no one will REGRET

Got this from Asia basket.
http://www.asia-basket.com/Asian-Championships/basketball.asp?NewsID=200857

kingliyou
08-19-2010, 05:12 AM

Regadless of the authenticity of this article is. It entirely depends on the stability of Lebanon, as far as I know the recent continuous and tight relationship between Lebanon and Iseral could ruin this tournament. No offense to my Lebanonese friends a tournament should be host by a stable country, in any aspect China could be a better choice :)

Khalid80
08-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Regadless of the authenticity of this article is. It entirely depends on the stability of Lebanon, as far as I know the recent continuous and tight relationship between Lebanon and Iseral could ruin this tournament. No offense to my Lebanonese friends a tournament should be host by a stable country, in any aspect China could be a better choice :)

Pengyou, Lebanon hasn't hosted such an event before (except now for the Borislav Stankovic tournament) so we deserve to host it.

I can understand what u r saying but if the Asian Championship will not take place in Lebanon due to whatever circumstances then why China again? China hosted it in 2009 and other countries such as Philippines for example haven't hosted such a tournament for a really long time and they deserve to host it more than China in my opinion. Xie xie

samer_1_2
08-19-2010, 07:20 AM
I just saw China play Puerto Rico and they don't look impressive...this year's squad looks to be a rebuilding one and without Yao Ming. In the Stankovic Cup, Iran looked to be playing a mix A/B team, not full strength from what I believe. Also, Iran beat China last year in FIBA-Asia, I'd say Iran right now is the better team, but not by much. If anything, its 1A and 1B for the moment.

China/Iran levels are close.. it s up if some players like haddadi plays or not.. I am totally with you, Iran might be better, Iran system is fast and efficient. But thats what I saw in Stankovic.. Let s see ..

Yao Ming is coming back from injury at the end of this year... if he will be like before level , I assume china would be unbeatable..

samer_1_2
08-19-2010, 07:22 AM

China is a stable country. Yes.. but it s good to see the plays somewhere else.. China did host many tournaments.. It s nice to change sometimes and see the tournament in west Asia as Lebanon would be the favorite country .. where you can find thousands of fans

Khalid80
08-19-2010, 07:23 AM
Tier A: China, Iran, Lebanon
Tier B: South Korea, Jordan, Qatar
Tier C: Philippines, Japan, Chinese Taipei
Tier D: Kazakhstan, Syria, India

Tier E: Iraq, Uzbekistan, Indonesia, UAE
Tier F: Hong Kong, Kuwait, Malaysia, Afghanistan
Tier G: Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Tier H: Yemen, Singapore, Vietnam, Mongolia

Tier I: All remaining Teams?

Sino, I'm surprised that you placed India in Tier D. I still believe that countries like UAE and Kuwait are still better than them. (That's unless the Bhullar brothers decide not to play for Canada and play for their home country instead :D)

wilo22
08-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Pengyou, Lebanon hasn't hosted such an event before (except now for the Borislav Stankovic tournament) so we deserve to host it.

I can understand what u r saying but if the Asian Championship will not take place in Lebanon due to whatever circumstances then why China again? China hosted it in 2009 and other countries such as Philippines for example haven't hosted such a tournament for a really long time and they deserve to host it more than China in my opinion. Xie xie

they hosted it also in 2007 it's unfair to host such a tournement for 3 years in a row.

splitzapper
08-19-2010, 08:57 AM
they hosted it also in 2007 it's unfair to host such a tournement for 3 years in a row.

hi there wilo22. if i am not mistaken, it was Tokushima, Japan in 2007. But regardless, it is still unfair if another East Asian, and consecutive country at that would host this one. It's due time Lebanon be given the chance to host, their fans are awesome.

ann922
08-19-2010, 09:15 AM

the 2001, 2003 and 2009's Asia Championships are held in China, that was three times for recent decade. 2007 was in the Tokushima, Japan, wasn't in China. but yeah, it's better to see somewhere else to take place this event.

Bernard
08-19-2010, 10:27 AM
the 2001, 2003 and 2009's Asia Championships are held in China, that was three times for recent decade. 2007 was in the Tokushima, Japan, wasn't in China. but yeah, it's better to see somewhere else to take place this event.

hi there wilo22. if i am not mistaken, it was Tokushima, Japan in 2007. But regardless, it is still unfair if another East Asian, and consecutive country at that would host this one. It's due time Lebanon be given the chance to host, their fans are awesome.

Woooooohooooooo !! GO GO LEBANON !
We Deserve it more than any other country in Asia !! second favourite host could be the Philipines !

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians!!)

donmar
08-19-2010, 11:33 AM
I'd say it should stay in Lebanon... if FIBA wants Lebanon to upgrade their stadiums then have it in Lebanon to generate money for future upgrades... traditional FIBA Asia members (except the Philippines) have been sharing in hosting major tournaments for a long time now... time to spread out and give others a chance...

interxavierxxx
08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
OT:

To Khalid80 and people who have Al Jazeera Sports:

Do any of you know what channel will broadcast the WC?

daniab
08-19-2010, 02:19 PM
OT:

To Khalid80 and people who have Al Jazeera Sports:

Do any of you know what channel will broadcast the WC?

Aljazeera Sports will broadcast it bas i dunno yet which one + LBC the Lebanese Channel !

theleatherwallet
08-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Tier 1: Iran
Tier 2: China
Tier 3: Lebanon-Jordan

Tier 4: Everyone else.

silnismo
08-19-2010, 04:30 PM
China/Iran levels are close.. it s up if some players like haddadi plays or not.. I am totally with you, Iran might be better, Iran system is fast and efficient. But thats what I saw in Stankovic.. Let s see ..

Yao Ming is coming back from injury at the end of this year... if he will be like before level , I assume china would be unbeatable..

Well, Yao already says his playing days for the china NT is pretty much over.

That said, i agree with most of what you said. I am not a fan of how China's NT is playing right now, and if they continue with this type of sloppy play then our ranking could fall.

k-j
08-19-2010, 10:49 PM
I believe China will still be the top team in the 2011 Asia Championship game, and looks like Iran & Lebanon has the bigger chance to beat China. Jordan may also got a little possibility to challenge China, the rest teams i just can't see any chance at moment.
The rest teams can't beat China, but that doesn't mean they can't beat Iran Lebanon or Jordan. If Taiwan Qatar South-Korea Philippine Japan send all their best players to the 2011 Asia Championship game, then I think between Iran Jordan Lebanon Taiwan Qatar South-Korea Philippine Japan are all got very high possible chances to beat each other. :D:D:D

wilo22
08-20-2010, 12:57 PM
i'm sorry guys fiba asia championship was held in japan in 2007.
but i think that lebanon should have the chance to host this tournement in an other stadium than ghazir.

for rankings i think that lebanon china iran are the title contenders then we have philippines "united nations of qatar" and south korea

Ahmad Z.
08-21-2010, 03:13 AM

Mine is :
1-Jordan/China
2-China/Jordan
3-Iran
4-Qatar
5-Philippines
6-South Korea
7-Japan
8-Taiwan

Hahahaha it Seems Ur the Hilarious :D We're Is Lebanon Dude ?! the one who've beat u lately :)! ?

Mine Is :
1- Lebanon
2- China
3- Iran
4- Qatar
5- Japan
6- Philippine
7- Jordan
8- Korea

:)

Ahmad Z.
08-21-2010, 03:25 AM

Interesting ;)

pachador
08-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Its time for to call the Ottoman Janissary army for help :)

attack march (Hukum Marsi) of the old Ottoman Janissary army:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6k1OR2lNOI

other turkish marsi(march) - old versions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfTi8ZvYsco&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYp8K35jXr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI1fdhDx3FQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Fyf63qI_E&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqFNIdxHYYY

wilo22
10-03-2010, 07:48 AM
asia 2011 is staying in lebanon

Khalid80
10-03-2010, 08:12 AM
asia 2011 is staying in lebanon

Any links/articles confirming this?

Edit: I could only find these 2 links (I know Wikipedia isn't a valid source but still if it is mentioned on FIBA Asia website then that means it should be official).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_FIBA_Asia_Championship

http://www.fibaasia.net/FIBA_Asia_Events.aspx?year=2011

rocketstar47
10-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Good Luck

leb-basket
10-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Any links/articles confirming this?

Edit: I could only find these 2 links (I know Wikipedia isn't a valid source but still if it is mentioned on FIBA Asia website then that means it should be official).

http://www.fibaasia.net/FIBA_Asia_Events.aspx?year=2011

since moderators of this tournament were assigned last week it seems we are hosting this tournament.
Hopefully it would be better than stankovic. It should be held in pierre el gemayel court. Or we should build a new court (yeah right lol we should have started building it last year)

Khalid80
10-03-2010, 01:35 PM
since moderators of this tournament were assigned last week it seems we are hosting this tournament.
Hopefully it would be better than stankovic. It should be held in pierre el gemayel court. Or we should build a new court (yeah right lol we should have started building it last year)

Yeah but seriously we need to do something about at least renovating our courts and proper air conditioning system and start working from now at not leaving things till last minute.

wilo22
10-03-2010, 02:59 PM

all about lebanese basketball on wikipedia i'm updating it :p and creating pages on wiki like rustom,ibrahim,ghaleb,ali m,.....

Khalid80
10-03-2010, 03:18 PM
all about lebanese basketball on wikipedia i'm updating it :p and creating pages on wiki like rustom,ibrahim,ghaleb,ali m,.....

Really :D?
Well then try your best to make sure that the info. that you post on wikipedia is as accurate as possible. Keep up the good work!

wilo22
10-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Really :D?
Well then try your best to make sure that the info. that you post on wikipedia is as accurate as possible. Keep up the good work!

thx:) i will !!!

kaiziken_pinas
10-04-2010, 03:00 AM
so when will we start seeing the "Lebanon will go to the Olympics" and "Lebanon will be the champions" posts? ^_^

golebanon
10-05-2010, 03:56 PM
so when will we start seeing the "Lebanon will go to the Olympics" and "Lebanon will be the champions" posts? ^_^

mine would be lebanon trying his best to beat all the rest
please be aware that i've said trying :D:D

kaiziken_pinas
10-06-2010, 05:18 AM
mine would be lebanon trying his best to beat all the rest
please be aware that i've said trying :D:D

that's what we want to see!:D

good luck bros!

golebanon
10-07-2010, 02:18 PM
that's what we want to see!:D

good luck bros!

thanks bro same goes to your nt

leb-basket
10-07-2010, 02:42 PM

Lebanon all the way to the olympic games! we will beat iran's ass and take our revenge from china!!!!

happy now :D lol

no seriously, we learned our lesson. We lebanese became over confident. We need to focus on each game. Work hard and scout every team. Learn a lesson from every previous loss and make sure old mistakes are never repeated.
I will not say lebanon will beat iran, nor will beat china. All what i want is to see are very gd preparations, our best lebanese players (even if they are abraod players) playing for lebanon and not for the sake of being payed (ex daniel faris), we want players to play on their positions and not vroman playing on 5, freije on 4 ... )

Good luck for our team and hopefully we can win asia for the first time and qualify to the olympics.

kaiziken_pinas
10-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Lebanon all the way to the olympic games! we will beat iran's ass and take our revenge from china!!!!

happy now :D lol

no seriously, we learned our lesson. We lebanese became over confident. We need to focus on each game. Work hard and scout every team. Learn a lesson from every previous loss and make sure old mistakes are never repeated.
I will not say lebanon will beat iran, nor will beat china. All what i want is to see are very gd preparations, our best lebanese players (even if they are abraod players) playing for lebanon and not for the sake of being payed (ex daniel faris), we want players to play on their positions and not vroman playing on 5, freije on 4 ... )

Good luck for our team and hopefully we can win asia for the first time and qualify to the olympics.

good luck to your team.

really nice to see you guys like this:D

leb-basket
10-08-2010, 03:46 PM
good luck to your team.

really nice to see you guys like this:D

oh i am flattered :p anyway gd luck for your team too. After stankovic i am pretty sure team pilipinas will be the darkhorse of asia 2011. They have a big chance to reach the semis :)

thelebanese80
10-10-2010, 02:19 PM
All Philippines fans should be happy because the championship is held in Lebanon.

They have a large number of fans.. During the stankovic cup, around 1000 from your fans attended each of your games.

wilo22
10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
oh i am flattered :p anyway gd luck for your team too. After stankovic i am pretty sure team pilipinas will be the darkhorse of asia 2011. They have a big chance to reach the semis :)

team philipinas that played in stankovic is about 30% of the real team. many players were missing

daniab
10-10-2010, 04:00 PM
team philipinas that played in stankovic is about 30% of the real team. many players were missing

no 0,0001% :p

Khalid80
10-10-2010, 05:55 PM

No bro 30% is too little.
I doubt even the Pinoy members will agree with you on this. I personally think it's more around 75-80% but that will depend whether Marcus Douthit (their naturalized player) gets his paperwork finished on time and whether the great PBA players Sol Mercado and Chris Lutz (also finalize their joining of Smart Gilas).
So far Asi Taulava and Kelly Williams are confirmed on the team.

leb-basket
10-11-2010, 12:26 PM
I doubt even the Pinoy members will agree with you on this. I personally think it's more around 75-80% but that will depend whether Marcus Douthit (their naturalized player) gets his paperwork finished on time and whether the great PBA players Sol Mercado and Chris Lutz (also finalize their joining of Smart Gilas).

if those players would sign with smart gilas then philippines will become a very strong contender. That's really gd

kaiziken_pinas
10-21-2010, 12:33 AM
I heard FIBA-Asia is accepting new bids. hmmmm

theleatherwallet
10-21-2010, 02:01 AM
Hmm

I hope the tournament stays in West Asia. Maybe Iran :p. Im actually not sure of our chances in 2011(For Gold), but hopefully we will have a competitive tourney with good refereeing.

pachador
10-21-2010, 05:04 AM
is this true ? how sad for Beirut to lose the hosting. whats going on ?

I heard FIBA-Asia is accepting new bids. hmmmm

weward
10-21-2010, 05:21 AM
is this true ? how sad for Beirut to lose the hosting. whats going on ?

desperation...one country is desperate to land a slot in london....:rolleyes:

btw what happened and what triggered the change of hosting?

whocare
10-21-2010, 02:04 PM
i heard Fiba-asia will come to China next month for the condition-check. some else countries will be the candiats too like korea and Philippin

no strange, China hat the better condition for a AC, but i still hope it can be holded in Westasia as plan.

interxavierxxx
10-21-2010, 03:23 PM
FIBA Asia people weren't happy with the way the Stankovic Cup was hosted in Beirut.

leb-basket
10-21-2010, 06:04 PM
FIBA Asia people weren't happy with the way the Stankovic Cup was hosted in Beirut.

Now let us analyse the situation:

- China's court are in better condition. However if we host the tournament in pierre el gemayel court it would be great.

- Lebanon has a bigger fan base. Philippines has fans in lebanon as well as some other countries like syria, jordan ...

- If we are talking about respect well when lebanon went to china we faced a lot of problems as i heard. Which means china aint better than us at all.

I hope lebanon will host this tournament.

wilo22
10-24-2010, 09:51 AM

sorry i thought that only 3 or 4 players that played in beirut in the summer will make it to the final squad in 2011.

btw i checked gilas squad i found 6 players from the USA in their squad are they considering to naturalize 6 players?:eek:

Khalid80
10-24-2010, 10:17 AM
sorry i thought that only 3 or 4 players that played in beirut in the summer will make it to the final squad in 2011.

btw i checked gilas squad i found 6 players from the USA in their squad are they considering to naturalize 6 players?:eek:

Those 6 players are most probably Fil-Ams (Filipino-American).

Same issue like Matt Freije, Daniel Faris, Billy Pharis are for us :) (Lebanese- Americans)

kaiziken_pinas
10-25-2010, 01:03 AM

btw i checked gilas squad i found 6 players from the usa in their squad are they considering to naturalize 6 players?:eek:

:d:d:d

wilo22
10-25-2010, 09:13 AM
:d:d:d

because on wikipedia smart gilas roster has 6 americans i thought that they are 100% americans.

kerouac82
10-25-2010, 09:25 AM
because on wikipedia smart gilas roster has 6 americans i thought that they are 100% americans.

They were born in the US but have Filipino citizenship by virtue of lineage.

Khalid80
10-25-2010, 09:35 AM

Just checked the wikipedia link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Gilas

It mentions U.S under the POB (place of Birth).

If it were nationality it would have mentioned both Philippines and U.S

Edit: Marcus Douthit is the candidate considered for naturalization so he's the only one who is actually pure American.

nardy
10-26-2010, 08:23 AM
I am saddened with the current developments, I could not understand the reason being given by FIBA-Asia to take away the hosting of the 2011 FIBA-Asia Championship from Beirut. From the standpoint of the Philippine team which played at the FIBA-Asia Stankovic Cup, they were satisfied with everything. And we find the Lebanese as very fair hosts who really respect the game of Basketball.

I am just wondering what is the stand of the Fédération Libanaise de Basketball (FLB) and the West Asia Basketball Association (WABA) with this sudden change of mind by the FIBA-Asia officials.Did they make an appeal?

Are we all Asians powerless and would it be China again hosting another major FIBA-Asia tournament? Why is it always them, are all other countries really not that good enough? Are the standards raised so high other countries who are not as wealthy have no chance of being hosts?

daniab
10-26-2010, 09:17 AM
I am saddened with the current developments, I could not understand the reason being given by FIBA-Asia to take away the hosting of the 2011 FIBA-Asia Championship from Beirut. From the standpoint of the Philippine team which played at the FIBA-Asia Stankovic Cup, they were satisfied with everything. And we find the Lebanese as very fair hosts who really respect the game of Basketball.

I am just wondering what is the stand of the Fédération Libanaise de Basketball (FLB) and the West Asia Basketball Association (WABA) with this sudden change of mind by the FIBA-Asia officials.Did they make an appeal?

Are we all Asians powerless and would it be China again hosting another major FIBA-Asia tournament? Why is it always them, are all other countries really not that good enough? Are the standards raised so high other countries who are not as wealthy have no chance of being hosts?

the reason to take away the hosting of the Fiba Asia from Beirut is the departure of former FLB president Pierre kakhia who was resigned from his position in June.
Kakhia had a great relationships with the Asian football and basketball federations since he is a partner in a big business with them , and now when a new federation was appointed , we started to hear threats to take away the host although Stankovic were very succefull on many side , this tournament is considered very secondary but in Lebanon it got many Tvs broadcasting and a huge Lebanese fanbase , not to forget the Filippinos whom also were numerous.

Now 2 weaknesses have been marked , the first one is the traffic which is very hot in Lebanon during the summer bcz a lot of touristes and Lebanese expats came to visit our country and the stupid federation has chose a bad location which is beirut / Commodore 5 stars hotel , a little far from the court which has gotten some objections but this could be easily solved .

Next thing is the court , yes the court is not very good and it was used bcz our big stadium needed some renovations and our dear federation couldnt notice that until few months but again our Lebanese NT players told me that the hotel in China were horrible and 3 stars , why no one opened his mouth ??? but when it comes to Lebanon , everyone wants to point out abt things.

Again , Lebanon hosted AFC 2000 and it was one of the most succesfull tournaments and we r able to host big tournaments !

sinobball
10-29-2010, 01:26 PM
I don't care who hosts this tournament, but just for the purpose of information it's all but certain it will be in Wuhan, China.

FIBA-Asia will make the official announcement in December.

golebanon
10-29-2010, 04:24 PM
it's bad to here such news,why didn't they give us the chance??????too bad

pachador
10-29-2010, 05:45 PM
:mad: Bulllies always want everything for themselves.

theleatherwallet
10-29-2010, 07:24 PM
I wonder how many underhand deals the Chinese government had to partake in to move the event. I am surprised Qatar has not been chosen as a host.

Congressman_Saludo
10-30-2010, 03:03 PM
why don't fiba take a risk giving both the philippines and lebanon the hosting rights to co-host the asian champioship coz i think phil. and lebanon are equally deserving 4 it (i'm dreaming of a philippines-lebanon merger to host the events which i think is impossible but dreaming is free :D ) besides there's nothing new about it,,FIFA already did this thing for 2002 world cup awarding the hosting rights to japan and s.korea :D

donmar
10-31-2010, 05:19 AM
why don't fiba take a risk giving both the philippines and lebanon the hosting rights to co-host the asian champioship coz i think phil. and lebanon are equally deserving 4 it (i'm dreaming of a philippines-lebanon merger to host the events which i think is impossible but dreaming is free :D ) besides there's nothing new about it,,FIFA already did this thing for 2002 world cup awarding the hosting rights to japan and s.korea :D

co-hosting is a good idea:)... BUT Lebanon and the Philippines co-hosting????... come on... the location (and distance between) of both countries will certainly lost them the right to host the Asian Championships... maybe Lebanon and Jordan or Philippines and Chinese Taipei... your example said it all.. Japan and Korea in FIFA World Cup...

Bury Please
11-01-2010, 07:15 PM
There is political tension in lebanon, and any minutes things may erupt.We are not a place that could be considered to host events.
We try to host f1 race, as well we gave up on it long ago.

wilo22
11-01-2010, 08:04 PM
There is political tension in lebanon, and any minutes things may erupt.We are not a place that could be considered to host events.
We try to host f1 race, as well we gave up on it long ago.

could you stop talking about politics. it had nothing to do with moving the championship.
and even the formula one issue has nothing to do with political problems

Servinio
11-05-2010, 03:58 AM
LINK (http://servssports.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/undefeated-at-home/): Philippines must host the 26th FIBA-Asia Men's Championship -- home court advantage is critical! (http://servssports.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/undefeated-at-home/) :D

rocketstar47
12-01-2010, 07:23 AM
South Korea is also excluded to bid in the hosting of 2011 FIBA ASIA Championships because of War w/ North Korea...

FIBA Should choose to the ff cities mention

Manila,PHILIPPINES
Doha,QATAR
Tehran,IRAN
Tokyo,Japan

webuyube
12-01-2010, 01:20 PM
FIBA Should choose

Manila,PHILIPPINES

wilo22
12-24-2010, 11:55 AM
championship officialy moved to china :mad:

theleatherwallet
12-24-2010, 08:50 PM
very sad. sorry to all Lebanese fans Hopefully, we will watch a fun tourney.

What was there final reasoning for moving the tourney?

usausa
12-25-2010, 02:24 AM
I'd watch out for Lebanon as they could be motivated that FIBA took it away from their home court...or (hopefully not this) they could be sorry for themselves, come out uninspired, and play well below their capabilities.

theleatherwallet
12-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Hopefully all the teams play great with as few referee "errors" as possible.

Have they announced squads yet?

Khalid80
12-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Hopefully all the teams play great with as few referee "errors" as possible.

Have they announced squads yet?

Man it's still too early (event will take place in summer of 2011, most probably in August)...

We need to know which teams are going to qualify first :cool:.

The teams that have already qualified so far are:
China (host), Lebanon (as winners of the Stankovic Cup), and Qatar, UAE and Bahrain (Gulf Qualifiers)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_FIBA_Asia_Championship_qualification

wilo22
12-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Man it's still too early (event will take place in summer of 2011, most probably in August)...

We need to know which teams are going to qualify first :cool:.

The teams that have already qualified so far are:
China (host), Lebanon (as winners of the Stankovic Cup), and Qatar, UAE and Bahrain (Gulf Qualifiers)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_FIBA_Asia_Championship_qualification

according to fiba.com 2011 events the tournement will be in mid september i forgot the date

theleatherwallet
12-25-2010, 09:56 PM
I think im going to go with my bad on that one.

Oh yeah merry christmas and happy holidays.

squad predictions anyone :p?

Mr. Basketball
12-26-2010, 08:16 AM
middle asia zone gets two teams ....

current top four teams from middle asia zone are kazahkstan, uzbekistan, india and afghanistan. no word yet on when the middle asia qualifier will be ... there might be two separate tournaments, one for Central asia and one for South Asia, with the two winners getting the two spots.

India's coach Bill Harris left after two months as national coach, the Asian Games were his only competition, now NBA India is searching for his American replacement.

ProPerformance
12-26-2010, 04:14 PM
When will this tournament be played and will it be played in Lebanon?

ProPerformance
12-26-2010, 04:17 PM
middle asia zone gets two teams ....

current top four teams from middle asia zone are kazahkstan, uzbekistan, india and afghanistan. no word yet on when the middle asia qualifier will be ... there might be two separate tournaments, one for Central asia and one for South Asia, with the two winners getting the two spots.

India's coach Bill Harris left after two months as national coach, the Asian Games were his only competition, now NBA India is searching for his American replacement.

Why do you think that Coach Bill Harris left afteronly 2 months, has the NBA India found a replacement?

Mr. Basketball
12-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Why do you think that Coach Bill Harris left afteronly 2 months, has the NBA India found a replacement?

Bill Harris left after two months because he never had any intention of staying longer. Even when he took the job in October, he immediately announced his contract was up December 1st. He spent over 20 years coaching at Wheaton College, an NAIA college in the Midwest, before retiring a few years back. Then his friend Troy Justice, the head of 'NBA India,' called and offered him the job.

To say he coached the National Team of the second most populated country in the world is something I think attracted him. In addition to that he was given a nice compensation package to come coach the team.

The problem was that his base was Chennai, India, which is about as different from the Midwestern USA as can be. In addition he was unable to communicate with his players due to language problems. Imagine a folsky Midwest coach trying to use his jargon with a group of Indians who dont understand him. Also he didnt take to south indian cuisine and lost about 10 pounds. Plus hes an older coach with his entire family back home.

Maybe the other reason he left is that he saw theres little chance to compete internationally. Early on in his tenure, he compared his National Team player's grasp of the fundamentals to "11 year olds in the USA."

Official word is that NBA India is looking for a suitable replacement, but since the national team doesnt train year round, theyll probably wait until a few months before the south asia qualifier and then bring someone in.

Coaching India's Team all Fun and Games for Harris

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20101215/sports/712169782/

Khalid80
12-27-2010, 05:44 AM
When will this tournament be played and will it be played in Lebanon?

This tournament will most probably be played in September 2011 (Official dates yet to be mentioned) in the city of Wuhan, China.

You can check this thread here to discuss more about this topic:

http://forums.interbasket.net/f24/2011-wuhan-asia-champion-15351/