LEB Gold thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEB Gold thread

Hi everybody. I open this thread to comment everything can happen in the Spanish second league: the LEB Gold. The last year, this league was the first one in the world to play with the rectangular zone and the 6,75 meters arch.

IMHO, this will be the worst LEB in a lot of years. Teams haven't got enough money to make good rosters and a some of them don't know anything about their future.

Here are the rosters.
    FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
    EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Teams are making new tradings. Nowadays, I think there are three teams over the rest:

- Murcia: they've got two nice foreign players with LEB experience (Coppenrath and Umeh) and a solid roster of national players (Puyada, Rivero...). I don't like some players they've got, but they are a very solid team with a good coach (Luis Guil, ex-Fuenlabrada).

- Burgos: the finalists in the last play-off are going to keep some of the important players of the last season (Lóránt, Castro, Miguel...). Chris Hernandez, injured for some months more, will not continue (guards will be wore than him, but better than Corrales, the 2nd guard last year) and Morley neither (Gloger will substitute him). The best sign at the moment is Matt Kiefer, a very talented center for this league.

- Cáceres: veteran spanish players will continue in Aranzana's team (Lucio Angulo, Francis Sánchez, Carlos Cherry...) and their new foreign players are very interesting: Jeff Xavier will make a very nice pair of guards with Cherry, Ryan Humphrey and Jelani McCoy as centers... The problem is some people thinks Cáceres overspends.

Other interesting teams are Canarias (let's see how they work without Jakim Donaldson) or Breogán, who started to sign very courageous players and young americans as Eric Hayes and James Feldeine.

I'm worried with a perennial candidate as Melilla, their signings seem riddiculous.

And other teams, like Xacobeo, didn't start to sign players yet.

PS: My english is not so good. Sorry.
    FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzaka View Post
      Teams are making new tradings. Nowadays, I think there are three teams over the rest:

- Murcia: they've got two nice foreign players with LEB experience (Coppenrath and Umeh) and a solid roster of national players (Puyada, Rivero...). I don't like some players they've got, but they are a very solid team with a good coach (Luis Guil, ex-Fuenlabrada).

- Burgos: the finalists in the last play-off are going to keep some of the important players of the last season (Lóránt, Castro, Miguel...). Chris Hernandez, injured for some months more, will not continue (guards will be wore than him, but better than Corrales, the 2nd guard last year) and Morley neither (Gloger will substitute him). The best sign at the moment is Matt Kiefer, a very talented center for this league.

- Cáceres: veteran spanish players will continue in Aranzana's team (Lucio Angulo, Francis Sánchez, Carlos Cherry...) and their new foreign players are very interesting: Jeff Xavier will make a very nice pair of guards with Cherry, Ryan Humphrey and Jelani McCoy as centers... The problem is some people thinks Cáceres overspends.

Other interesting teams are Canarias (let's see how they work without Jakim Donaldson) or Breogán, who started to sign very courageous players and young americans as Eric Hayes and James Feldeine.

I'm worried with a perennial candidate as Melilla, their signings seem riddiculous.

And other teams, like Xacobeo, didn't start to sign players yet.

PS: My english is not so good. Sorry.
      Where did he play last year? Not in your avatar
      BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
        Where did he play last year? Not in your avatar
        He started the last season with Zaragoza, but he was injured for some months. Finally, he was loaned to Tarragona where he made very nice games.

BTW, Melilla inks Óscar Yebra.
        FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Today, Obradoiro CAB (ex Xacobeo) signed three players: PG Andrés Rodríguez, PF Oriol Junyent and SF Deron Washington. They wanna sign to B-Hop, a very veteran player.

I think they are making a good team at the moment, but it's not sufficent to stay in the first positions. Burgos, Murcia and Cáceres are the teams I like more.
          FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Melilla inks Bud Eley and they can make the "youngest" starting five of the history of LEB:

PG: Jorge Jiménez (29)
            SG: Juanmi Morales (32)
            SF: Óscar Yebra (36)
            PF: Nacho Romero (37) -he really is a center-
            C: Bud Eley (35)

But they have other real young prospects like Robert Gleen or Javi Vega. I think Melilla this year is not going to be in the first position.

In other way, be careful with Obradoiro. They made some very nice signings like Levon Kendall or Deron Washington. But other people create more doubts (Bernard Hopkins, Oriol Junyent, Richard Nguema...).

And to finish, catalan teams are starting to make their rosters. Good signings in Girona and Lleida (where is the money?). Tarragona, at the moment, only resigned their young players.
            FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Lobe Huesca signed Latvian NT PF/C Rolands Freimanis

Comment

Originally posted by Get Rich Or Die Playin View Post
                Lobe Huesca signed Latvian NT PF/C Rolands Freimanis
                Nice sign.

CB Sant Josep signed Mateo Kedžo, ex-Ventspils. Can you tell something about him?
                FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzaka View Post
                  Nice sign.

CB Sant Josep signed Mateo Kedžo, ex-Ventspils. Can you tell something about him?
                  He's solid player for this league, can hit three and get some points. Probably 12-13 point, 5-6 rebound guy in LEB Gold.

Comment

Strange notice: by sponsorship reasons, Sant Josep Girona will be renamed as Girona FC.

Tomorrow starts the pre-season with the Catalan LEB League.
                    FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Girona FC won Tarragona 2017 by 81-59 in the first pre-season game. This was a match of the LEB Catalan League; the winner of this one, will enjoy the semifinals of the ACB Catalan League with FCB, Joventut and Manresa. Nice game of Middleton with 16 points and David Navarro with 18.
                      FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Preseason continues: Tarragona win Lleida, under construction team, and Palencia, Burgos and León played last week the CyL Cup with Valladolid.

Better sensations with Palencia, nice team but they need another 4-5.

Burgos not so good as people want. It's too soon, but Burgos will miss a lot Chris Hernández. I expect Matt Kiefer and Péter Lóránt to grow up in this league.

León bad. They will be in the last positions of the league.
                        FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Obradoiro CAB signs Maceo Baston... How will he arrive to Spain?
                          FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Bud Eley is injured for all the season. Melilla doesn't start good: they lose a very important player.
                            FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Some LEB vs Portugal matches:

Obradoiro CAB 74-54 FC Porto
                              Ovarense 71-78 Cáceres 2016
                              SL Benfica 85-65 CB Plasencia (LEB Silver)
                              Last edited by Gonzaka; 09-18-2010, 09:41 AM.
                              FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information