Spain

GROUP D
Israel
Montenegro
Russia
Turkey

the_black_planet
08-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Does anybody know if 15 years old,203 cm guard Aleksandar Vezenkov,son of veteran player Sasha Vezenkov,who was signed by Aris lately will play for Bulgarian u16 NT?In fibaeurope.com page they have him but it's not the final roster.Also any friend from Bulgaria knows something about his game?

LuDux
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Lithuanian NT
Augustinas Jankaitis 202
Timotis Kuckailis 200
Denis Krestinin 200
Marius Grigonis 197
Simas Raupys 196
Justas Tamulis 194
Tomas Dimsa 192
Arturas Makovskis 192
Jokubas Gintvainis 191
Paulius Naraskevicius 184
Lukas Lekavicius 177
Tomas Galeckas 176

raph
08-02-2010, 01:02 PM
French nt

Jean-François BASILEU 1.97 1994 forward
Raphaël BINVIGNAT 1.95 1994 forward
Alexandre CHASSANG 2.00 1994 power forward
Boris DALLO 1.92 1994 Ailier sg/forward
Kevin HARLEY 1.91 1994 sg
Damien INGLIS 1.97 1995 forward/pf
Mouhamadou JAITEH 2.03 1994 pf/c
Charly MARAUX 1.82 1994 pg
Benjamin MENDEZ 1.96 1994 forward
Benjamin MERI 2.00 1994 pf/c
Anthony RACINE 1.89 1994 pg/sg
benjamin SENE 1.82 1994 pg

Lots of hope for this generation, even if the staff decided not to add more 95 while the 94/95 mix seems pretty good (it compares with the one we had for 88 & 89 generations)

Not geting any medal would be quite disappointing, even if the other teams have talented prospects (turkey, spain, serbia, etc.).

the_black_planet
08-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Who do you think are the most interesting prospects to keep an eye on?I guess Spires and Nikola Jankovic are among them.Also here in Greece they say very good words for Kyprianos Maragkos of pana.Is there any chance for Saric to play?I think he should,he shouldn't be too tired and with him Croatia is the big favorite.

raph
08-02-2010, 02:39 PM
For france charly maraux (already a mini buzz here for him), dallo, racine and inglis (who is very athletic)
Someone who is following insep here added chassang & jaiteh, and he's less high on inglis despite his numbers.

For spain i assume badalona's players's (sanz & horns), for the rest no clue.

pohani komarac
08-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Who do you think are the most interesting prospects to keep an eye on?I guess Spires and Nikola Jankovic are among them.Also here in Greece they say very good words for Kyprianos Maragkos of pana.Is there any chance for Saric to play?I think he should,he shouldn't be too tired and with him Croatia is the big favorite.

Yes he will play but we are not favorites, there are to many problems even 94-95. could be perhaps most talented generation that we ever had from our independence (it is to earley to tell, but i'm pretey sure in that)

hezonja, other posibele star prospect besides saric and member of starting 5 injured hand vey hard and probabley he won't play, herendic one of key players injured and won't play for sure, brzoja curentley 2nd best player is injured consitantly, similar like prostran and he could miss, nicley taleted shooter proleta and PG junakovic were sent home because bad behavior, Saric not being with team, coach changed during preparations because he was beating kidds and throwing chair on them, 210 center bruno beca who left dubrava an went in US refused to sing cotract with our basketball federation in wich player must pay 10-15k euros when becomes senir in return for playing in "U" teams and of corse nepotisam. just for sample, kk zabok coach son, Antonio Crnjevic team was losin over 100 poits per game and he is in team

i don't know and i don't care who will play, all i know this should be our team, not like one or corupted federation will use

Hights are about, from what kids looked to me

Dominik Mavra (PG/SG 94. 192 Zadar)
Martin Junaković (PG 94. 188 D. Petrović)
Dominik Herendić (SG/PG 94. 192 Cedevita)
Marko Proleta (SG 94. 195 Cibona)
Mislav Brzoja ( G-F/PG 94. 195 Dubrava)
Karlo Lebo (SF/SG 94. 195 Cedevita)
Mario Hezonja (SF 95. 198 Zagreb)
Dario Sarić (G-F 94. 205 Zareb)
Nikola Urli (PF 94. 200 Cedevita)
Danijel Zovko (PF/C 94. 204 Zadar)
Filip Bundović (PF/C 94. 207 Cedevita)
Bruno Beča (C 94. 210 US highschool)

First substitusions wold be:

Tomislav Radaoš (SG 94. 193 Đakovo), Karlo Žganec (PF 95. 200 Fenix), Paolo Marinelli (PG 95. 185 Jadran)

unfortunally for us lot of this guys won't be here, while ther will be names like Hrkač, Črnjević...:mad:

From rest I knolw that France, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro have some very good prospects, don't know for rest

the_black_planet
08-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Yes he will play but we are not favorites, there are to many problems even 94-95. could be perhaps most talented generation that we ever had from our independence (it is to earley to tell, but i'm pretey sure in that)

hezonja, other posibele star prospect besides saric and member of starting 5 injured hand vey hard and probabley he won't play, herendic one of key players injured and won't play for sure, brzoja curentley 2nd best player is injured consitantly, similar like prostran and he could miss, nicley taleted shooter proleta and PG junakovic were sent home because bad behavior, Saric not being with team, coach changed during preparations because he was beating kidds and throwing chair on them, 210 center bruno beca who left dubrava an went in US refused to sing cotract with our basketball federation in wich player must pay 10-15k euros when becomes senir in return for playing in "U" teams and of corse nepotisam. just for sample, kk zabok coach son, Antonio Crnjevic team was losin over 100 poits per game and he is in team

i don't know and i don't care who will play, all i know this should be our team, not like one or corupted federation will use

Hights are about, from what kids looked to me

First substitusions wold be:

Tomislav Radaoš (SG 94. 193 Đakovo), Karlo Žganec (PF 95. 200 Fenix), Paolo Marinelli (PG 95. 185 Jadran)

unfortunally for us lot of this guys won't be here, while ther will be names like Hrkač, Črnjević...:mad:

From rest I knolw that France, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro have some very good prospects, don't know for rest

Very sad to hear that mate,very bad for the country that gave birth to Toni Kukoc,Dino Radja and most of all Drazen Petrovic!

pohani komarac
08-04-2010, 07:35 PM
at least some good news for us. brzoja will be ready, not on 100% tough, while new coach called back junakovic

Levenspiel
08-05-2010, 05:45 PM
32 points and 29 turnovers in 40 mins from Latvia against Spain.

raph
08-05-2010, 06:00 PM
And saric that gonna strike a triple double in his first game.
Very disappointing - statistics wise - game from micic btw.

xtf_no4
08-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Big surprise in the beginning with Denmark beating Greece. The Danish team has some talent but I did not believe to could be a threat for Greece which is also featuring some nice players like Maragkos. But Denmark won in the end by two points and three players scoring in double-figures: Peter Moeller, David Knudsen and Rasmus Larsen.
Interesting to see how far they can go...

pohani komarac
08-05-2010, 06:43 PM
we beat serbia, saric is beast, just neds to stop overfake him self and make so many ofensive fouls to cut down turnovers. i guess with so many problems saric is still nuff to beat probabley one of toughest rivals. nice games for talented Cedevita duo Air Lebo and Bundovic:)

the_black_planet
08-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Congratulations to Croatia!Guys are there any games going to be televised?It would be awesome to be able to watch the game between Croatia and Serbia btw...

buterbrodas
08-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Lithuania 46-66 France
quarters: (14:22, 12:15, 12:11, 8:18)
Augustinas Jankaitis 15pts
Charly Marauxas 19pts

Trifilli
08-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Big surprise in the beginning with Denmark beating Greece. The Danish team has some talent but I did not believe to could be a threat for Greece which is also featuring some nice players like Maragkos. But Denmark won in the end by two points and three players scoring in double-figures: Peter Moeller, David Knudsen and Rasmus Larsen.
Interesting to see how far they can go...

Which surprise? If you see what's going on in the greek U16 one can only hope that they can somehow avoid the relegation.
It's ridiculous, what is Giannopoulos thinking? Can you believe that they announced the extended roster for the U16 EC two weeks before the final round of the greek championship began? Most likely because they started training for the U16 right after the end of the championship in Kimi and they wanted to have the entire team together rightaway, but very likely also for other reasons... :rolleyes:

The two topscorers of the greek championship are not on the U16 national team. Now the question is... were Nikos Pievalitsa (26.4ppg) and Giannis Anagnostakis (25.4ppg) not good enough for this team (Pievalitsa is a bit raw, but wouldn've been a at least a decent backup for the 3/4, while Anagnostakis should've been a starter rightaway on SF, in front of Siologas)... or do they just not have the lobby?... :rolleyes:

In addition to that Giannopoulos still refuses to use Giannis Dimakopoulos. Ok, the guy might still be soft... but c'mon, how can you not use a 2.16m C who can shoot the threepointer like a Guard on the U16 level at all? Is the starting Center of the greek champions not good enough for the U16? :rolleyes:
Same question about Karamalengos, he played at least, even if only for 7 minutes. And all this with guys like Ambaras and Protoulis covering the PG position. Enough said...

albiongate
08-06-2010, 01:10 PM
The two topscorers of the greek championship are not on the U16 national team. Now the question is... were Nikos Pievalitsa (26.4ppg) and Giannis Anagnostakis (25.4ppg) not good enough for this team (Pievalitsa is a bit raw, but wouldn've been a at least a decent backup for the 3/4, while Anagnostakis should've been a starter rightaway on SF, in front of Siologas)... or do they just not have the lobby?... :rolleyes:

Nikola Pjevalica is serbian. :p

Trifilli
08-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Nikola Pjevalica is serbian. :p

As far as I know he also has a greek passport. Similar case to Igor Milosevic or Dusan Sakota. He was called up to the greek U16 before, but was not invited for the tournament this spring in Turkey a few weeks later. Did he play for Serbia already?

albiongate
08-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Did he play for Serbia already?

No, our federation scouting is the worst in the world, so I'm probably the only serbian who know who Pjevalica is.

BTW, great careers for Ntusan Sakota and Igkor Milosevits so far. :p

Trifilli
08-06-2010, 03:57 PM
No, our federation scouting is the worst in the world, so I'm probably the only serbian who know who Pjevalica is.

Well, at least they have the excuse that they don't know him then... while the greek federation scouted him, had im in a U16 NT training camp and still doesn't invite him... what's worse? :p

BTW, great careers for Ntusan Sakota and Igkor Milosevits so far. :p

Fantastic. :p Let's hope that Pjevalica will have a better one, no matter which country he'll play for. :)

Picek
08-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Similar case to Igor Milosevic or Dusan Sakota. and Giankovits (Janković)?

Trifilli
08-06-2010, 04:22 PM
and Giankovits (Janković)?

Sure, same case as Milosevic und Sakota. They all grew up in Greece / started playing basketball there and decided to play for Greece later. No idea what will happen with Pjevalica though... afterall he's not present at this U16 EC.

Didn't intend to start an OT discussion with my rant about the greek U16 team though... :p

albiongate
08-06-2010, 04:24 PM
and Giankovits (Janković)?

and also the best "greek" volleyball player, Mitar Djuric also known as Dimitris Tzourits

albiongate
08-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Sure, same case as Milosevic und Sakota. They all grew up in Greece / started playing basketball there and decided to play for Greece later. No idea what will happen with Pjevalica though... afterall he's not present at this U16 EC.

Milosevic started playing basketball in Serbia, Slobodan Klipa worked with him in Beopetrol Belgrade before his family leave Serbia in 1999 during the NATO bombings.

Maybe Pjevalica is smarter than the 2 others.

Buducnost PG
08-06-2010, 05:21 PM
I hope Montenegrin PG Nikola Ivanovic will not end up like Ivan Koljevic and Nenad Mijatovic in few years.

albiongate
08-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Serbian youngster, he is born in November 1995, Dusan Ristic had 5 points, 4 rebounds and 1 block in 10 minutes against Germany. He is 204 cm tall, still growing (he is expected to reach at least 208 cm).

albiongate
08-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I hope Montenegrin PG Nikola Ivanovic will not end up like Ivan Koljevic and Nenad Mijatovic in few years.

He will end like them. He is also a basket case.

raph
08-06-2010, 08:56 PM
French winning like a greek team, man, i like that kind of hold up when it means a win for us :p

Ouch for racine on the other hand (6/20 in 28' erm :confused:)

pablonis
08-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Group B

Day 1
Lithuania - France 46:66
Greece - Denmark 53:55

Day 2
Lithuania - Denmark 92:47
Greece - France 52:55

Weird group... :rolleyes:

albiongate
08-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Serbian youngster, he is born in November 1995, Dusan Ristic had 5 points, 4 rebounds and 1 block in 10 minutes against Germany. He is 204 cm tall, still growing (he is expected to reach at least 208 cm).

Ristic is killing Italy so far. Actually, 6 points, 5 rebounds and 1 block in 8 minutes on the court.

the_black_planet
08-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Which surprise? If you see what's going on in the greek U16 one can only hope that they can somehow avoid the relegation.
It's ridiculous, what is Giannopoulos thinking? Can you believe that they announced the extended roster for the U16 EC two weeks before the final round of the greek championship began? Most likely because they started training for the U16 right after the end of the championship in Kimi and they wanted to have the entire team together rightaway, but very likely also for other reasons... :rolleyes:

In addition to that Giannopoulos still refuses to use Giannis Dimakopoulos. Ok, the guy might still be soft... but c'mon, how can you not use a 2.16m C who can shoot the threepointer like a Guard on the U16 level at all? Is the starting Center of the greek champions not good enough for the U16? :rolleyes:
Same question about Karamalengos, he played at least, even if only for 7 minutes. And all this with guys like Ambaras and Protoulis covering the PG position. Enough said...

Which team each of these players belong if anybody knows?

raph
08-07-2010, 06:19 PM
So far for the mvp race, jankovic is really solid.

Maraux & inglis were sidelined for this game (resting most likely even though maraux might have been injured during the game against greece), what for saric ? Resting or does he suffer from any injury?

albiongate
08-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Which team each of these players belong if anybody knows?

Pjevalica - Kavala
Anagnostakis - AGS Ioanninon
Siologkas - Mantoulides
Dimakopoulos - PAO
Karamalengos - PAO
Ambaras - PAOK
Protoulis - Kozani

Picek
08-07-2010, 07:44 PM
what for saric ? Resting or does he suffer from any injury?
resting, the game was of no importance for our team..

pohani komarac
08-07-2010, 08:02 PM
wasn't home when kids played, but i read on croatian forum we were leading when crnjevic played, then germans made 20-3. no wonder his team was losing by 100 points in croatian junior championship:rolleyes:. hope his father folowed game to see what dickhead he is:D. hopefully samanic, crnjevic and jukic are done for this championship:)

the_black_planet
08-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Pjevalica - Kavala
Anagnostakis - AGS Ioanninon
Siologkas - Mantoulides
Dimakopoulos - PAO
Karamalengos - PAO
Ambaras - PAOK
Protoulis - Kozani

Thanx bro:)

mbenga
08-08-2010, 12:28 PM
So far for the mvp race, jankovic is really solid.

Maraux & inglis were sidelined for this game (resting most likely even though maraux might have been injured during the game against greece), what for saric ? Resting or does he suffer from any injury?
Albert Homs should be up there depending on how far the spanish team goes.

raph
08-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah homs sweet homs (not that i ignore him, i already mentioned him and sans, even if sans is a bit disappointing)

I did not say jankovic will be the next mvp, i just pointed out that he was (imo) in the race to get it. So is ivanovic, so is saric. Homs, maraux, erulku as well, etc. depending on the following games, ofc reaching the finale (and winning it) being a facilitator.

Now that you say it, on the other hand the best situation would be homs mvp but france winning over spain in the finale :D

mbenga
08-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Yeah homs sweet homs (not that i ignore him, i already mentioned him and sans, even if sans is a bit disappointing)

I did not say jankovic will be the next mvp, i just pointed out that he was (imo) in the race to get it. So is ivanovic, so is saric. Homs, maraux, erulku as well, etc. depending on the following games, ofc reaching the finale (and winning it) being a facilitator.

Now that you say it, on the other hand the best situation would be homs mvp but france winning over spain in the finale :D
Sans is not playing as PG which is IMHO his natural position, maybe that's the reason he's a bit off still, but i'm sure he'll be a bigger contributor later in the tournament.

mbenga
08-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Guillermo Hernangomez with 18 off rebounds today, that must some kind of record.

the_black_planet
08-11-2010, 02:30 AM
18 off rebounds WTF:eek::eek:

Guys anybody has been around in Montenegro these days to watch the games and make some report?Happily Vezenkov,the new addition of Aris has a very good tournament so far,although only 15 he has some nice numbers,many minutes in his team that tells something and also Bulgaria is going very well!I really hope they'll reach semi-finals so I'll be able to watch him in action,GO BULGARIA!!!

pata
08-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Guillermo Hernangomez with 18 off rebounds today, that must some kind of record.

Spanish team with 47 FT!! this should be record as well..

raph
08-11-2010, 08:49 PM
saric is really impressive.
We messed up big time our money time against serbia (not a shameful loss but the manner was erm.. embarrassing, 1 foul at 2' 45 from the end +2 and we manage to let serbia score 2 3's and one dunk in fb after a steal).

Spain - france, ouchie. Spain favorite but there should be a game (especially if we manage to score our $!?% free throws ^^)

Croatia - russia
serbia - turkey
montenegro - lithuania

i guess.

pohani komarac
08-11-2010, 09:22 PM
we lost but we won:D

mavra without single minute, it seem that he is injured:( now we are down on 5,5 usfull players thanks to iunjuries and our federation. saric is unsually unefective, seems that he is tired. no wonder after playing two stright chapionships and 5 leagues during season. i don't know what's the record but he probabley played way over 100 games this season:D

Kotarac
08-12-2010, 06:05 PM

I thought Hezonja played as a shooting guard for KK Zagreb and that he was much shorter than 198, something like 186?

Anyway, the team is doing great but it would have been much better if just 1-2 of the missing kids was involved. Like this I can't see them getting past the semi-final with just 5-6 players.

pohani komarac
08-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I thought Hezonja played as a shooting guard for KK Zagreb and that he was much shorter than 198, something like 186?

Anyway, the team is doing great but it would have been much better if just 1-2 of the missing kids was involved. Like this I can't see them getting past the semi-final with just 5-6 players.

when he was 13, now he could be maybe even 200m

this is his dunk next lebo who is about 195 to 197 from cadet championship
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n5E7StbJyo

mbenga
08-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Croatia to the semis with yet another exhibition of Saric 34 pts (16 in the last quarter) 9 reb and 3 as.
I guess now he's a lock to the MVP.

Kotarac
08-13-2010, 02:45 PM
He'll go close to winning MVP but there is still Montenegro's Ivanović to contend with and surely someone from Serbia, France or Spain should they make the final.

when he was 13, now he could be maybe even 200m

this is his dunk next lebo who is about 195 to 197 from cadet championship
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n5E7StbJyo

Thanks for that. I remember seeing him listed in the mid 180's but of course he has grown since then.

Levenspiel
08-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Very important win from the Turkish kids, not because they made it to the semi-final (7th time in the last 10 years), but because they managed to win an elimination game where they chocked terribly in the end. Had they lost this, it would have very negative effects in their mentality and future careers. So, good save by T. Erulku.

raph
08-13-2010, 06:31 PM
The free throw shooters are in semi final, the tournament is safe :D

The other version being, omgad, french players thought it was christmas.

Pick one, i chose mine ;)

Anyway the biggest regrets concern the game against serbia. For that money time, we really screwed up.
Really disappointing result as we had players to do much better. Hopefully they gonna get a win to reach the -17 wc.

mbenga
08-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Wow, breathtaking end in the France - Spain game.

pohani komarac
08-13-2010, 07:41 PM
The free throw shooters are in semi final, the tournament is safe :D

The other version being, omgad, french players thought it was christmas.

Pick one, i chose mine ;)

Anyway the biggest regrets concern the game against serbia. For that money time, we really screwed up.
Really disappointing result as we had players to do much better. Hopefully they gonna get a win to reach the -17 wc.

not realy:). at the end of the day this "U" are not so much important, like Mihovil Nakić or Zoran Čutura (can't remeber wich one) said: "We make mistakes when we force our kids to win titels insted developing them into players for senior basketball. I' have medal from youth championship at home, but only me and my parents remembers them." France had preparation tournament in Croatia, and my friends who been there in Bjelovar said France has some great prospects. And that's what matters

auris1
08-13-2010, 08:50 PM
very unlikely victory for Lithuania.#I do not know what to say -apart from that we probably didn't deserve it this time around

auris1
08-13-2010, 08:58 PM
not realy:). at the end of the day this "U" are not so much important
In a way yes- for us...But 3 games out of 4 going all the way.Maybe for some one from them teams this could be highlight of their lives.
Last year Lithuanian u 16 team had pretty much the same rough ride till the final.this year we got 4th place in the world u17.I prefer this non importance rather than having non at all.

sagenas
08-13-2010, 09:03 PM
very unlikely victory for Lithuania.#I do not know what to say -apart from that we probably didn't deserve it this time around

Who cares, we deserve or not. We're in semis, so hell, that's why that guys are Lithuanians :D and that's why I love basketball. Lithuania FTW :cool: just be happy because still we're in victory road. :)

auris1
08-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Who cares, we deserve or not. We're in semis, so hell, that's why that guys are Lithuanians :D and that's why I love basketball. Lithuania FTW :cool: just be happy because still we're in victory road. :)
man, i am happy,trust me.I am just trying to be fair.off to the pub to celebrate

Dreamcatcher
08-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah, we have overcome serbs this year in play offs (Montenegrins the same, it's possible to say) U-18 and U-16 by 1 point in tough endings. Almost as usual big games among those 2 big basketball schools.

sagenas
08-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah, we have overcome serbs this year in semis (Montenegrins the same, it's possible to say) U-18 and U-16 by 1 point in tough endings. Almost as usual big games among those 2 big basketball schools.

Lithuania - ex Yugoslavia's games always are interesting. It's principled game between Lithuanian and Yugoslavian basketball schools.

Auris, just relax sometimes. :) Right now I'm happy and everything seems fine :cool:

auris1
08-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Auris, just relax sometimes. :) Right now I'm happy and everything seems fine :cool:
I am.I try to be relaxed at all the times.trust me.It just wasn't fair for them,us winning only 2 games out of 6 to get there.Sometimes you have to give dues to our opponents,this being international forum and all that.

Hepcat
08-14-2010, 12:35 AM
A very exciting day at the U16 tournament. Three games came down to the final seconds.

I'm delighted of course with the Lithuanian team's victory - but at the same time I feel sorry for the Montenegro team. They played their hearts out in this tournament.

Darknemo2000
08-14-2010, 06:28 AM
man, i am happy,trust me.I am just trying to be fair.off to the pub to celebrate

I am happy too but I agree with you that Montanegra should have went further, no lesses and then this, by one point no less. The way we played this tournament we shouldnt have been even in the qourt.

On the other hand most of those losses were where we could have won but lacked luck in the end I guess lady luck was saving herself for the Q.

Dreamcatcher
08-14-2010, 06:49 AM
As i understund, only the final will be broadcasted? While in U-20 and U-18 there were also semis broadcasted.

Kotarac
08-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Montenegrin channel is showing both semi-finals.

http://www.rtvatlas.tv/

They have the Lithuanian semi-final scehduled for 21:00 (you can find it on the right hand side) but I'm not sure what they are going to do with the Croatia-Spain match as the scheduling on this site looks a bit off.

Levenspiel
08-14-2010, 10:43 AM
not realy:). at the end of the day this "U" are not so much important, like Mihovil Nakić or Zoran Čutura (can't remeber wich one) said: "We make mistakes when we force our kids to win titels insted developing them into players for senior basketball. I' have medal from youth championship at home, but only me and my parents remembers them." France had preparation tournament in Croatia, and my friends who been there in Bjelovar said France has some great prospects. And that's what mattersNot so much, but it's still important i believe. These kids are developing not only their gameplay skills and bodies, but also their mentalities, which can be more influential than the first two in determining where their future careers can reach up to.

Jon_Koncak
08-14-2010, 10:46 AM
The old competition system where only 4 teams from the second round qualified to the semis was more fair,it actually rewarded teams that did well through out the tournament.Now you have teams with 2 wins in 6 games reachin the semis.Nice.

Levenspiel
08-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Montenegro lost another game in a heartbreaking manner. How many teams are going to U17 WC?

the_black_planet
08-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Anybody watching the match?The link doesn't show anything at the moment,is this because it's half-time??

mbenga
08-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Montenegro lost another game in a heartbreaking manner. How many teams are going to U17 WC?
There's no U17 WC next year.

2010-2012-2014...>> U17
2011-2013-2015...>> U19

pohani komarac
08-14-2010, 06:41 PM
i just watched end

Mister Profesor Doctor Master of basketball Dario Šarić by Montenegrian cometator:D

hot_sauce23
08-14-2010, 08:14 PM
The old competition system where only 4 teams from the second round qualified to the semis was more fair,it actually rewarded teams that did well through out the tournament.Now you have teams with 2 wins in 6 games reachin the semis.Nice.

Annnd now it's reaching the Finals :)

Dreamcatcher
08-14-2010, 08:55 PM
There will be 2 games tomorrow among Lithuania and Chroatia: U-16 final and friendly seniors game.

Kotarac
08-15-2010, 04:36 PM
There will be 2 games tomorrow among Lithuania and Chroatia: U-16 final and friendly seniors game.

First leg goes to Litva: 93-82 in Bamberg. :D

Roy M
08-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Israel relegated to the 2nd Div after 62:65 lose to Latvia, and all the young teams of Israel now in the 2nd Div.

re5pectas
08-15-2010, 06:14 PM
What about the link to the final?
Maybe this one http://www.rtvatlas.tv/ ?

mbenga
08-15-2010, 06:51 PM
http://www.fibatv.com

It's free, just need to register.

Kotarac
08-15-2010, 07:02 PM
The FIBATV isn't working for me...:mad:

Dreamcatcher
08-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Fibatv is working badly

lafa
08-15-2010, 07:13 PM
i can't find where to register on fibatv.com....

mbenga
08-15-2010, 07:14 PM
IDK. I'm watching it fine.

mbenga
08-15-2010, 07:18 PM
https://secure-fibatv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/secure/loginOrCreateAccount

pohani komarac
08-15-2010, 07:27 PM
livescorehunter or atlas tv

auris1
08-15-2010, 07:37 PM
roller-coaster - 26 -9-15

re5pectas
08-15-2010, 08:14 PM
http://sport24.lt/embed/2017/1

Srle
08-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Saric with the doubles in four categories:eek:

Mayo
08-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Saric is just out of this world,insane talent

pohani komarac
08-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Š a r i Ć!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pohani komarac
08-15-2010, 08:31 PM
and the rest of guys!:D

auris1
08-15-2010, 08:35 PM
firstly deep breath - and vow,so this is how it feels to be on the other on of one sided final(i refer to u18).Congrats to Croatia...Saric,i will remember his name.MVP,no doubt about that,with a margin...
Anyway,for us it was second place we hardly expected...I am glad for Visockas his was one of my favourites as a player

Mayo
08-15-2010, 08:38 PM
2nd place is still a great accomplishment that prolly nobody expected,we did good and should be proud of our U16's.Great summer for lithuanian national teams so far

auris1
08-15-2010, 08:55 PM
2nd place is still a great accomplishment that prolly nobody expected,we did good and should be proud of our U16's.Great summer for lithuanian national teams so far
it will not be so great if our girls under 16 will get relegated.
And did you read the headlines in krepsinis net?Aka shameful performance etc.
and the commentaries just within and outside the borderlines of decency

pohani komarac
08-15-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm really waiting the Adriatic League game Crvena Zvezda-Zagreb. His cousin Pedja is a hardline Crvena Zvezda fan. Saric can expect whistles and insults from him.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/files/%7BE402683C-1463-4599-B714-06D6C3E1EB17%7Dflexible.jpg

http://www.drazenpetrovic.com/gallery/rep/rep8.jpg

get over it:)

Dreamcatcher
08-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Congrats to Chroatia. Saris without any doubts is the biggest talent of this year. I guess he should play with Zagreb in the first domestic league now, isn't he? And i guess some big club will buy his contract (or maybe already did)

By the way, Lithuania 4 years in a row with the medal here. I hope tradition will be kept.

Beva
08-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Three croatian ballers of Serb origin. :p

WOW, I mean JUST WOW, you must be really proud now :)

mbenga
08-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Congrats to Chroatia. Saris without any doubts is the biggest talent of this year. I guess he should play with Zagreb in the first domestic league now, isn't he? And i guess some big club will buy his contract (or maybe already did)

By the way, Lithuania 4 years in a row with the medal here. I hope tradition will be kept.
He was very close to sign with Baskonia last summer instead of KK Zagreb.

auris1
08-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Predrag (Darijo's father) told me once that he would like to send him to Vujosevic in Partizan, but croatian public won't accept it.
no need for politics here

pohani komarac
08-15-2010, 09:36 PM
http://91.207.22.60/sport/zbog-mladog-talenta-se-posvadali-oko-milijuna/123349/

I translate :
Predrag (Darijo's father) told me once that he would like to send him to Vujosevic in Partizan, but croatian public won't accept it.

and why?

because like predrag said, partizan works best with young players, unlike what he said for kk sibenka;)

Beva
08-15-2010, 09:38 PM
no need for politics here

He's trying to provoke, but then he just looks funny :)

So what if someone has Serbian origins? Šarić chose Croatia, country he lives in, get over it... Or we will now start to count everyone's blood cells?

pohani komarac
08-15-2010, 09:44 PM

i guess caja laboral ovners are hiting their hads in wall because they insisted of isisting on 11year contract (saric father asked for 8years), on other hand jelavic and karamarko from kk zagreb are counting: "Tomic 1milion, Tomas 1milion, Sesar half milion (1M DM), Stojic 400K=Dario Saric":D actually that was worth potentiall deal with Caja

And yes Saric will have quality minites in senior team

auris1
08-15-2010, 09:49 PM

But it is not funny.
example
http://www.fibaeurope-u16men.com/en/Default.asp?cid={F48B5859-256A-44CD-A585-D541E90136D0}&playerID=85811&compID={89EB60F8-7F8F-4FFB-9427-6103055F3511}&season=2010&roundID=7307&teamID=2135&
He is Russian origin ,just like myself if you only look at name/surname.I hope he doesn't get bullied like i was in my youth just because of Russian sounding surname you have no control of
But it doesn't speak a volume and not for us to decide what he is really thinking.that's all.
And people are being misquoted -hence he said that ,it means ...something else

pohani komarac
08-15-2010, 09:52 PM

So what if someone has Serbian origins? Šarić chose Croatia, country he lives in, get over it... Or we will now start to count everyone's blood cells?

Iteresting is that Šarić father (big fat guy in arena:D) stayd on Croatia side during warr, but Serbian media wich created propaganda reported that legendary Šibenka player was killed in 92 by "ustaše"...LOL...And now they can't get over his son (and doghter to) is playing for Croatia:rolleyes:

auris1
08-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Iteresting is that Šarić father (big fat guy in arena:D) stayd on Croatia side during warr, but Serbian media wich created propaganda reported that legendary Šibenka player was killed in 92 by "ustaše"...LOL...And now they can't get over his son (and doghter to) is playing for Croatia:rolleyes:
was his father any good player?
legendary?

pohani komarac
08-15-2010, 09:57 PM
But it is not funny.
example
http://www.fibaeurope-u16men.com/en/Default.asp?cid={F48B5859-256A-44CD-A585-D541E90136D0}&playerID=85811&compID={89EB60F8-7F8F-4FFB-9427-6103055F3511}&season=2010&roundID=7307&teamID=2135&
He is Russian origin ,just like myself if you only look at name/surname.I hope he doesn't get bullied like i was in my youth just because of Russian sounding surname you have no control of
But it doesn't speak a volume and not for us to decide.that's all.

yes his father predrag has serbian origins, same as drazen father had serbian origins if we look 400 hundred years ago when big number of serbians runed into croatia runing away from turks. some of those were chatolized, some were not like stojakovic, macvan, maric, perovic...

p.s. radja is autonomic dalmatian and has no serbian origins

pohani komarac
08-15-2010, 10:00 PM
was his father any good player?
legendary?

he is best sibenka scorer of all time and their best player not named petrovic brothers

you can download his game (sibenka-bosna cup final)

auris1
08-15-2010, 10:00 PM
yes his father predrag has serbian origins, same as drazen father had serbian origins
That is my point,history of neighbour countries are interleaved.let the people decide themselves who they want to represent>if i followed my grandmothers line,i probably would be eligible for bulgaria,no shit.it doesnt make me less lithuanian because thats who i am,not what people say

pohani komarac
08-15-2010, 10:11 PM
That is my point,history of neighbour countries are interleaved.let the people decide themselves who they want to represent>if i followed my grandmothers line,i probably would be eligible for bulgaria,no shit.it doesnt make me less lithuanian because thats who i am,not what people say

exactley, but some peole like albion can't get over it...you should just see croatian forums

same if i would say mikan, bogut or tomjanovich are croats. but they are not

auris1
08-15-2010, 10:39 PM
...you should just see croatian forums

thanks,but no
i stick with what i know and like the best

Beva
08-15-2010, 10:46 PM
But it is not funny.
example
But it doesn't speak a volume and not for us to decide what he is really thinking.that's all.

I really doubt Šarić will have any problems of that kind...

pohani komarac
08-15-2010, 10:48 PM
thanks,but no
i stick with what i know and like the best

i didn't mean on that way:p

thegreekmeister
08-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Nice win for Croatia. And Lithuania is on the roll in u16 :eek:
2007 - bronze
2008 - gold
2009 - silver
2010 - silver

Impressive

auris1
08-15-2010, 11:46 PM
i didn't mean on that way:p

i know - no worries man,enjoy your victory ...And i will enjoy mine.

auris1
08-15-2010, 11:48 PM
I really doubt Šarić will have any problems of that kind...
Šarić?not him...but some people will.and some people are

auris1
08-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Nice win for Croatia. And Lithuania is on the roll in u16 :eek:
2007 - bronze
2008 - gold
2009 - silver
2010 - silver

Impressive

right...
2007's star -Biruta...gone off the radar..maybe he is in USA studying,may be not.and what impressive is about this?we win medals year after year yet
http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.playerID_60177.compID_Y UjW-7-FJ,kK9s431Lyr41.season_2007.roundID_5557.teamID_21 35.html
oh well,i found the info
U18 European Championship Men - DIVISION A 2009 (Lithuania) PPG: 5, RPG: 2.4, APG: 0.6
U18 European Championship Men - DIVISION A 2008 (Lithuania) PPG: 3.9, RPG: 1.4, APG: 0.3
U16 European Championship Men - DIVISION A 2007 (Lithuania) PPG: 14.6, RPG: 8.0, APG: 0.4

pohani komarac
08-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Šarić?not him...but some people will.and some people are

Dario is not Serbian name, nither Šarić is typical Serbian last name. Šarić actually is more comon in Croatia than in Serbia. And people do know who he is and who his farher is and he surley won't have problems with that...He will have more problems in Serbia like Marko Popović had

Kotarac
08-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I would just ignore people like Albion Gate, you get your point across once and then let it go. He is just here to "heal complexes" so you won't get too far...

I didn't see discussion about Serbian U16 players Stefan Pot or Stefan Zorbas, no one talked about (as far as I know) Serbian U18 player Nikola Silađi's ethnicity (Szilágyi Miklós in Hungarian), it really is pointless and a non-issue.

pohani komarac
08-16-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95fWJZL-uEo&feature=player_embedded

:cool:

Picek
08-16-2010, 06:45 PM
well considering how serbian youth teams this year lost the leading status amongst ex yugoslavia countries you can understand albiongate's frustration..
whatever makes him happy :p

elaj
08-16-2010, 07:15 PM
It's funny to see a Serb from French Riviera to be nationalistic about "his Serbia"... :rolleyes:

elaj
08-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Wrong.

My azurean coast isn't on the French Riviera. ;)
We both know that Serbia goes till Tokio (even though Serbia is like Nokia, every year smaller and different edition :D), so basically you are living in Serbia.

:rolleyes: :D

Picek
08-16-2010, 07:53 PM
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces (Pohani Komarac, Kotarac, Beva, Elaj) are all in confederacy against him. :Dwell as usual everyone is against Serbia and the serbs..
you are again all alone..

coolfire
08-16-2010, 08:14 PM
omg...

albiongate, please stop! kid is not playing for us he is playing for croatia. respect his decesion and chill out.

pohani komarac
08-16-2010, 08:18 PM
More likely 30 years ago.

Can you tell us how serbian were catholized during WW2 ?

Wrong, Radja is a serbian family name. You can find many Radja in Western Bosnia and Eastern Croatia. The current head coach of Bosnian handball national team is Miodrag Radja, a bosnian serb.

that doesn't change those guys run into croatia 400 years ago. i'm actually living very close to one catholized vilge and all of them would rather died then say they are serbs or bosnian serbs, they always felt croatians while other wiliges were not catholized

i can also tell you how many autonomic croats from dalmatia and lika were remuved to posavina and other regions after WW2 like my family and those places were populated by serbians

or i can tell you what one serbian told me few days ago what was happening on serbian side in ww2 and last war in my neiburghud

so don't teach me about history because i know lot more that what books say's because you know i live in border of vojna krajna or what you call republika srpska krajna

western bosnia and estern croatia...lol. you know what was onece croatia (and oficially recognized by EU unlike painted great serbia by aleksandar who also terorized non serbian people and removed them in areas that were not in his great serbia) or who are autonomic people who live in dalmatia, bosnia and herzegovina, serbia, montenegro etc.

pohani komarac
08-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Respect my freedom of speech.

and your freedom of speech is to claim evryone is traitor who acepted his new ("new" those who came 400 years ago) as his homleand:confused:

whole america is full of traitors then or better whole world not living in africa because you know we all came from africa

Picek
08-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Branko Klisović (his first coach) on Šarić: He knows he can progress only with hard work

Andrej Tesla (his coach at Zagreb youth categories) on Šarić: Born leader

Denis Bajramović (his coach in Zagreb) on Šarić: His playing time will depend exclusively on his work and effort at trainings..

I wonder how would Rubio's career evolve if Aito didn't put him in senior team while he was what? 15?
meanwhile in a competition at lower level then the one of ACB league Šarić has to deserve that chance by his work and he can't get it by his talent like Rubio did..
yup, great coach that Bajramović.. :rolleyes:
he is not known for trusting young guns, and he surely won't change now when the pressure of championship title is on his shoulders..
hopefully I'll be proven wrong..

btw. Šarić is the first one to record a triple double at U-16 EC after Rubio did it in 2006.

pohani komarac
08-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Branko Klisović (his first coach) on Šarić: He knows he can progress only with hard work

Denis Bajramović (his coach in Zagreb) on Šarić: His playing time will depend exclusively on his work and effort at trainings..

I wonder how would Rubio's career evolve if Aito didn't put him in senior team while he was what? 15?
meanwhile in a competition at lower level then the one of ACB league Šarić has to deserve that chance by his work and he can't get it by his talent like Rubio did..
he is not known for trusting young guns, and he surely won't change now when the pressure of championship title is on his shoulders..

btw. Šarić is the first one to record a triple double at U-16 EC after Rubio did it in 2006.

saric will have playing time you can bet on that, bajramovic is saying smart. better that he knows he must deserve spot then he will play no mather what. they already had sesar who played even he wasn't working hard (actually from inside information he was their "baby" who was free from some pracitces wich his lazy ass felt to hard) saric is their project, karamarko and jelavic won't let him not playing

by what he is known for not trusting young players:eek: he is coaching for first time some serius team in his carer in last year and half. and during that time zagreb had best results in club history. zagreb had no serius prospects besides tomic (unles you count antitalented papac, pesut and rikic as prospects) untill prostran came and he had his playing time when he wosn't injured, whille bubalo was baned from fiba

Buducnost PG
08-16-2010, 09:42 PM

Serbian promising Center Dejan Musli had a triple double 2007 against France with 10 points, 11 rebounds and 12 blocks.

Picek
08-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Serbian promising Center Dejan Musli had a triple double 2007 against France with 10 points, 11 rebounds and 12 blocks.
then the guys from kosarka.hr screwed it up..
I think I read it there..

Beva
08-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Respect my freedom of speech.

You know what, Šarić can be Mongolian as far as I'm concerned, he's a joy to watch and I wish him all the best... As well as Dejan Musli and all the other prospects... Better players = better competition = better basketball...

Thats last of me on this subject... You can continue living in your nationalistic world, I was always in favour of freedom of speech :)

the_black_planet
08-17-2010, 03:14 AM

Wow,is he related to the great Nicola too?So is he Croat or Serbian?:p Sorry guys just a joke to calm down.BTW OT there is a Serbian writer who lives here in Greece cause she is married to a Greek writer,and she is a granddaughter of Tesla.Her name is Milica Kocanovic and she is a really special writer,also there are rumors that she owns some important unreleased writtings of her famous grandpa.But until lately I wasn't aware that Duda Ivkovic is related to Tesla!And that says something to me,Duda is a huge personality of world basketball,her grandaughter is a very talented writer,they both have this heavy heritage but they look like they worth it.Sorry for the OT but it's never a bad time or place to express a huge respect to a great man,especially in this case,a true legend of humanity and history!And as you all know,these rare kind of people like Nikola Tesla are that unite us all,not only Croats and Serbs but all the humanity,because they remind us what we should be,and how much strenght is hidden in every single human being:)

the_black_planet
08-17-2010, 03:28 AM
Anyway now let's leave the great Tesla and talk again about the great Saric:) Is there anyway to download the game guys or we have to wait all that we were unlucky not to watch it???

the_black_planet
08-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Allready so many days have passed since the rapsody of Dario Saric and still are not able to watch it:(If anybody has recorded this game please upload it somewhere:)

pohani komarac
08-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Allready so many days have passed since the rapsody of Dario Saric and still are not able to watch it:(If anybody has recorded this game please upload it somewhere:)

yeah, so far nothing:(

bit off topic

curentley croatian u-16 girls playing finals with russia:), they will probabley lose. interesting is that dario's younger sister dana will bring new medal to saric's basketball family:)

mbenga
10-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Soooo.... anybody found it? :)

pohani komarac
01-17-2011, 08:00 PM
finaly here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea57M9_lLaY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XtBSZbK4ZI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96UPv0aS_S0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMGtGZRr850