Spain (6 -0)
    93.8 PPG 59.2% FG 41.8% 3P 70.0% FT
    34.2 RPG (8.0 O and 26.2 D)
    BLKPG 2.8
    APG 15
    STPG 9.3
    TOPG 13.5

History:
    last ten years Lithuania was playing against Spain 4 times in official games. Both teams managed to achieve victories twice. Spain will try to make a revenge, because their last loss to Lithuania was very painful:
    93 - 84 Sweeden, EC 2003 Final

Key players:
    Lithuania A.Macijauskas 17.2 PPG
    Spain P.Gasol 21 PPG

Odds in Lithuania:
    TopSport: Spain 1.42 - 2.77 Lithuania
    Orakulas: Spain 1.40 - 2.75 Lithuania
    Omnibet: Spain 1.40 - 2.70 Lithuania
    As you can see, bookies think that Spain will have much more chances to win.

Group stage:
    Lithuania was in group C, which was called "group of death", meanwhile Spain came from group B, which was a piece of cake for Spniards.
    One day the tides will turn
    One day the fields will burn
    One day the seas will churn
    The fury of our maker’s hand

Spain definitely will win this one. Difference will be between 10-25 points.

Comment

I'm cheering for Lithuania. No doubt.

GO LITHUANIA! GO LITHUANIA! GO LITHUANIA!

Comment

I would like Spain to win because I wouldnt mind seeing them play against the US (that is if they would meet)...But I also like Lithuania, so I say let the best team win. I think it is common sense to assume this match will have over 40 3 pointers in it
        "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

i expect a great match from macas!if the others don't help him though then lith will not be difficult for spain to win!if songaila javtocas and the brothers help him in scoring then it is going to be a very tough game with close score!
          http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
          Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

I think the first very difficult game for the Spain.

Comment

Go Lithuania

I hope Lithuania wins

Comment

Objectively, this year the Spanish roster is stronger. But it may not be enough for the win - psichology matters a lot in games like these. This may well be their first difficult and close game in WC. Any outcome will be fair

Comment

1/4 finals will also be the first time in this WC when teams from groups A, B meat teams from D and especially group C which were FAR more stronger and i think prepared the teams better for final stages of the tournament - imho Germany and France have no chance against Greece and USA, while both Argentina and Spain will have a lot of problems with Turkey and Lithuania, i wount be surprised if both of them will actually loose

as for Spain - Lithuania, our guys will again have to do a major job in defence, just like they did in Italy game with Bellineli and Basile who combined had 9 points with 3/11 FG. This time though it will be much harder since Calderon/Navarro are far better players and Spain also has a solid froncourt. If Javtokas gives atleast 80% of what he can, Gasol problem may well be out and brothers or Songaila would deal with Garbajosa and Reyes (if he will play), imho it's a 55-45 for Spain if they would manage to build an early lead, and it's 55-45 for Lithuania if the game will be close one to the last minutes
                  ________
                  Karlo
                  Last edited by pablonis; 08-14-2011, 02:26 AM.

Comment

60-40 for Spain
                    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

GO LITHUANIA!!!! LITHUANIA GO!!!

my reasons as to why i want them to win

1. Lithuania seems to be the only euro country i like in terms of basketball
                      2. it would be a blessing for Team USA to receive less pressure with Spain knocked out
                      3. Im soon to receive a Lithuania NT jersey, so im excited!
                      "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Oh man, oh man what a game ... I really didnt know who will won this battle, this is game for final!

But after this 1st and 2nd round, I think that Spain is better

Comment

If Spain wins, they will overtake LTU in FIBA rankings...

but if LTU wins...

(it seems like LTU has more supporters among the IBN forumers than Spain - thanks for that!)

I'm already nervous...

Comment

hey, don't be nervous, take a beer, or coffee if you don't like beer. If we don't win, then we were not good enough. At least we could say that Spain had all their best players, and Lithuania not at all..

Comment

Originally posted by bobo81
                              I would like Spain to win because I wouldnt mind seeing them play against the US (that is if they would meet)...But I also like Lithuania, so I say let the best team win. I think it is common sense to assume this match will have over 40 3 pointers in it
                              I think you already noticed that this LTU team is not stacked with shooters.. this time front line is the name of the game.
                              I was interested myself in how we shot threes so far, so here it goes:
                              amount of triples made/attempted by each team:
                              LTU : Turkey - 6/15 : 8/23
                              LTU : Greece - 6/31 :4/17
                              LTU : Oil - 9/22 : 12/27
                              LTU : Australia - 5/18 : 11/26
                              LTU : Brasil - 9/25 : 4/25 (black day for Brasil!!)
                              LTU : Italy - 4/12 : 10/21

combined:
                              LTU : all - 39/113 : 49/129

I'm sure that if we made simmilar calculations for Athens or something, the view would be very different..
                              stop russia

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information