PDA

View Full Version : VTB League 2010-11

IGLR
05-19-2010, 07:23 AM
Next season at VTB will participate 12 teams separated in 2 groups.

Russia: 4 best clubs
Lithuania: Kauno "Žalgiris" and Vilniaus "Lietuvos rytas";
Latvia: Rygos VEF;
Estonia: Talino "Kalev";
Poland: Sopoto "Trefl" and Gdynės "Prokom";
Ukraine: Kijevo "Budivelnyk" and Mariupolio "Azovmaš".

Straight forward
05-19-2010, 05:02 PM

Well, very nice competitive league. Having in mind that 7 teams surely hold the level of Euroleague (4 Russian teams, 2 Lithuanian, 1 Polish) and other teams are not bad at all.

Straight forward
05-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Four Russian teams hold EL level? Which ones except for obvious CSKA and Khimki?

I think Unics and Dinamo. Ok, they at least have potential to hold the level of Euroleague.

Dreamcatcher
05-19-2010, 07:02 PM

Hm...Kalev is very weak team now and didn't even get to Estonian final. Are you sure about this list?

IGLR
05-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Sergej Cernov few days ago said it to newspaper "Lietuvos rytas" (http://www.lrytas.lt/?data=20100514&id=spo14vtb100514&view=2).

auris1
06-15-2010, 10:45 AM
update
according to the general manager of the league Shirokov -
12 teams split in two groups - winners go straight to final four,second and third to have a play off game.
Russia: 4 clubs
Lithuania: Kauno "Žalgiris"
Poland: prokom
Ukraine: Kijevo "Budivelnyk" and Mariupolio "Azovmash
Latvia =VEF

Lrytas have some conditions (English as an official language ?) which are achievable .
somehow unclear about the rest of the teams - he says that Poland might have two teams,but only prokom definitely makes the cut - for the last place there are many candidates - Minks,Tartu, Venspils, Barons, Siauliai and Honka (Finland),the last one mainly because it might attract some big sponsorship from Finland
http://news.sport-express.ru/2010-06-15/368242/

auris1
07-01-2010, 05:38 PM
According to not so reliable source again(krepsinis.net) the last team to join the league is Belarussian team Minsk 2006. I can only guess what level they represent nowadays, but i do not see them being competitive. Fourth place in the group tops
But it is only 200 km from Vilnius,and 300 km from Kaunas.Plus now there are 7 countries competing

sagenas
08-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Группа А: ЦСКА (РОССИЯ), Летувос Ритас (Литва), УНИКС (РОССИЯ), Днепр (Украина), Хонка (Финляндия), Минск-2006 (Беларусь)

Группа В: Калев (Эстония), ВЭФ (Латвия), Проком (Польша), Жальгирис (Литва), Химки (РОССИЯ), Азовмаш (Украина)

:) Very good group for Lietuvos Rytas.

auris1
08-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Группа А: ЦСКА (РОССИЯ), Летувос Ритас (Литва), УНИКС (РОССИЯ), Днепр (Украина), Хонка (Финляндия), Минск-2006 (Беларусь)

Группа В: Калев (Эстония), ВЭФ (Латвия), Проком (Польша), Жальгирис (Литва), Химки (РОССИЯ), Азовмаш (Украина)

better than for Zalgiris,definately - probably will be close call with with Uniks for the second place in the group.
Zalgiris might get just the same either first or fourth place in between.

sagenas
08-12-2010, 03:11 PM
better than for Zalgiris,definately - probably will be close call with with Uniks for the second place in the group.
Zalgiris might get just the same either first or fourth place in between.

both teams can be first in their group. CSKA, nor Chimki isn't unbeatable team.

rikhardur
08-12-2010, 08:42 PM

You could have translated those :o

PS: Thanks Demarr!

Demarr
08-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Group A: CSKA (Russia), Lietuvos Rytas (Lithuania), UNIKS (Russia), Dnepr (Ukraine), Honka (Finland), Minsk-2006 (Belarus)

Group B: BC Kalev (Estonia), VEF (Latvia), Prokom (Poland), Žalgiris (Lithuania), Khimki (Russia), Azovmash (Ukraine)

sagenas
08-13-2010, 08:36 AM
You could have translated those :o

PS: Thanks Demarr!

I thought you'd understand it :D

vaslover
08-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Vice-premier of Russia Sergey Ivanov wants to secrifice our national championship for the f..cking League of VTB. I really hope that this IDIOTIC idea with a crushing defeat.

auris1
08-15-2010, 02:43 AM
Vice-premier of Russia Sergey Ivanov wants to secrifice our national championship for the f..cking League of VTB. I really hope that this IDIOTIC idea with a crushing defeat.
meaning?
any articles you know of?

sagenas
08-15-2010, 08:34 AM
meaning?
any articles you know of?

There was many rumors about that. You know that Russian league crushed.

auris1
08-15-2010, 10:25 PM
There was many rumors about that. You know that Russian league crushed.
And?
there is a new league,with lithuanian in charge-Rutkauskas i think,there was recently his big interview,and i read some feedback in sport express ru of why it was such a bad idea to have him,but i far as i know there is nothing related to VTB and a new russian league.All the teams previously in the league had signed for new russian league,apart from one due to finances.Now to make all that noise for 3 teams in VTB is like saying that Zalgiris and lrytas are sacrificing LKL just because they play in BBl.Nonsense.The person is misinformed to say the least

vaslover
08-16-2010, 01:08 PM
And?
there is a new league,with lithuanian in charge-Rutkauskas i think,there was recently his big interview,and i read some feedback in sport express ru of why it was such a bad idea to have him,but i far as i know there is nothing related to VTB and a new russian league.All the teams previously in the league had signed for new russian league,apart from one due to finances.Now to make all that noise for 3 teams in VTB is like saying that Zalgiris and lrytas are sacrificing LKL just because they play in BBl.Nonsense.The person is misinformed to say the least

As i heard, Sergey Ivanov offers 7 russian teams(it just means that Krasnie Krilya, Enisey and new comer Nizniy Novgorod will be smoke bamboo in this situation),Zalgiris and LR (and it means that Neptunas, Siauliai,Sacalai and other lithuanian clubs eventually will play in their own league WITHOUT two MAJOR grants of lithuanian basketball, and lithuanian kids will be definitely STAGNATED),one latvian team (for example VEF),one ukranian club (Budivelnik)and most probably one belorussian club...
Well, do you like this system of tournament? I don,t really...

auris1
08-19-2010, 11:24 PM
As i heard, Sergey Ivanov offers 7 russian teams(it just means that Krasnie Krilya, Enisey and new comer Nizniy Novgorod will be smoke bamboo in this situation),Zalgiris and LR (and it means that Neptunas, Siauliai,Sacalai and other lithuanian clubs eventually will play in their own league WITHOUT two MAJOR grants of lithuanian basketball, and lithuanian kids will be definitely STAGNATED),one latvian team (for example VEF),one ukranian club (Budivelnik)and most probably one belorussian club...
Well, do you like this system of tournament? I don,t really...

what?
Are you drinking more than me?
Absolutely no sense in your post.
Sober up man.Although i do post most of the time here drunk too.But then again,i probably know more about basketball than you ,me being blind drunk and paralytic.
lucky me

vaslover
08-20-2010, 01:54 PM
what?
Are you drinking more than me?
Absolutely no sense in your post.
Sober up man.Although i do post most of the time here drunk too.But then again,i probably know more about basketball than you ,me being blind drunk and paralytic.
lucky me

My dear friend,something disturbs you in my post? Explain me please. Or you don,t believe that in one beautiful day VTB League eventually will REPLACE russian and lithuanian national leagues? We,ll see actually...

auris1
08-21-2010, 11:42 PM
My dear friend,something disturbs you in my post? Explain me please. Or you don,t believe that in one beautiful day VTB League eventually will REPLACE russian and lithuanian national leagues? We,ll see actually...
Well my friend,it does disturb me if i think you can drink more than me,it does...
other than that
you represent nation of 300 millions against our 3 mil.With all your moneys it is me who should be worried.Yet...
If you want to get personal,hit me with your tel number in private,we can discuss everything in my perfect russian that i speak

vaslover
08-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Well my friend,it does disturb me if i think you can drink more than me,it does...
other than that
you represent nation of 300 millions against our 3 mil.With all your moneys it is me who should be worried.Yet...
If you want to get personal,hit me with your tel number in private,we can discuss everything in my perfect russian that i speak

Don,t pretend cleveler than you really are...
What the d..k you mention the population of countries in this post? I don,t want to unite our leagues NO LESS THAN YOU. Believe me. I don,t want TO KEEP your grandees AT OUR EXPENSE. This picture we can see in VTB League now. Better to spend these money on the development of basketball in different regions of Russia.

archaz
08-22-2010, 11:35 AM
VTB will never replace lithuanian league , because they have EL place.
+ i dont see anything wrond if all russian clubs will play in VTB , its something more interesting then play 5-6 matches in their own league. Theres huge hole between 2-3 EL teams and for example others.
Its normal to make one big tournament instead of old and stupid "own" leagues , look @ adriatic league .
Its useless for big clubs to play in their domestic leagues, for example VEF will play with "second" roster in Latvian league , only from PO they will have full roster , same with both lithuanian teams in Baltic league.

vaslover
08-23-2010, 12:25 PM
VTB will never replace lithuanian league , because they have EL place.
+ i dont see anything wrond if all russian clubs will play in VTB , its something more interesting then play 5-6 matches in their own league. Theres huge hole between 2-3 EL teams and for example others.
Its normal to make one big tournament instead of old and stupid "own" leagues , look @ adriatic league .
Its useless for big clubs to play in their domestic leagues, for example VEF will play with "second" roster in Latvian league , only from PO they will have full roster , same with both lithuanian teams in Baltic league.

Imho, PRIORITY should always be your DOMESTIC league. I,m still waiting when our domestic league eventually will have no less than 14 clubs. It,s not a utopia,because a such huge country like Russia should have such a number of clubs. As for VTB League, let,s leave it for NOSTALGIC MEETINGS. I suppose this will be enough.:);)

archaz
08-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Its utopia , because Russia dont have enough Russian players, first of all look @ your NT , theres no reserves , theres no "second" team , imho. Thats why you r playing 10 years with "russian" in team.
If you want big league , such as ACB or something like that , u need some amount of good domestic players, who will be "kostyak" of all teams , in Russia theres 10 players , then comes big hole and comes again 10 players who are 10 times weaker then first.
Ofc , theres other side, u can do this things like in Germany , 10 americans + from Serbia and one german, but thats not what did u mean.
And ofc. you know better what's happening with sport in regions , always big problems with money, look @ your football league , when season starts everyone speaks about money problems , not sporting side. Tom , Samara etc.
Latvia, Lithuania , Poland + Ukraine / Russian need each other. Russia has big money, but have only 4-5 teams in league , with money from Russia ( like in KHL ) we can give atleast 5 more good teams.

auris1
08-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Don,t pretend cleveler than you really are...
What the d..k you mention the population of countries in this post? I don,t want to unite our leagues NO LESS THAN YOU. Believe me. I don,t want TO KEEP your grandees AT OUR EXPENSE. This picture we can see in VTB League now. Better to spend these money on the development of basketball in different regions of Russia.
What a brilliant post.Riddled with mistakes in grammar and logic .And overuse of CAPS.Do not worry though.I am not going to bother you again

vaslover
08-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Its utopia , because Russia dont have enough Russian players, first of all look @ your NT , theres no reserves , theres no "second" team , imho. Thats why you r playing 10 years with "russian" in team.
If you want big league , such as ACB or something like that , u need some amount of good domestic players, who will be "kostyak" of all teams , in Russia theres 10 players , then comes big hole and comes again 10 players who are 10 times weaker then first.
Ofc , theres other side, u can do this things like in Germany , 10 americans + from Serbia and one german, but thats not what did u mean.
And ofc. you know better what's happening with sport in regions , always big problems with money, look @ your football league , when season starts everyone speaks about money problems , not sporting side. Tom , Samara etc.
Latvia, Lithuania , Poland + Ukraine / Russian need each other. Russia has big money, but have only 4-5 teams in league , with money from Russia ( like in KHL ) we can give atleast 5 more good teams.

I,m sorry man, but i don,t agree with you when you compare (EVEN POTENTIALLY) KHL and VTB League because:
1) KHL POSITIONING themselves as the best hockey league in europe and moreover, KHL is already a real alternative to the NHL. At least if we talk about hockey players salaries. But how,s going to positioning itself VTB League i can only guess, especially considering that VTB League has such authority rivals as the current euroleague and ACB.
2) It,s no secret that in Russia hockey more than a game, but unfortunately we can,t say the same about basketball. Seems like not the best advertisement for potential sponsors, for long term investments. Such is the harsh reality...
3) Attendance at the arenas. In KHL attendance is almost 100%, but if say truth about basketball, need to admit, that most probably only BC Zalgiris Kaunas can gather full arenas. Believe me.
4) In KHL struggling for Gagarin Cup, so for me quite curious for what will be competing in VTB League? Maybe for 3-4 spots in the EL? An who gives a guarantee, that our richest clubs eventually don,t win all first 4 spots in EL? And what would be afterwards with Lithuania? In fact, nothing good. For their both giants it will be more than a tragedy.
So imho, it,s quite doubtful compare KHL and VTB League, at least now. Anyway, i sincerely believe that the current system of the tournament IS OPTIMAL. But if once director and GM,s of VTB League invite Partizan, Cibona, Olimpija and Maccabi i,ll be only glad.:)

archaz
08-25-2010, 10:02 AM
overall agree , but i didnt mean , that VTB will be on same level with KHL.
I meant that , from political side we can make big league for east Europe and it will work perfectly , i didnt want to compare both leagues from salary point or attendence. Its useless.
But KHL is great project and VTB will be same , because we need each other.
Theres no secret that in Baltics we have good level , but we dont have enough money , in Russia everything is different , for example , we didnt have hockey team in Riga , now , after money from Russia ( Dinamo budget is about 10 million ) and 70-80% comes from Russia , we have big team in big league and thats why we have big attendence , same will be in basketball , 3 years ago , when Barons had good team , attendence was about 7-8k , in that year they won Fiba Cup.
Its not right to compare them from sporting side , but from organisation / agiotage arond league . In Latvia its huge , everyone is expecting to see Euroleague top-team in Riga, we are hungry.

About slots , i dont see problems why EL cant give us about 4-5 places in Euroleague , i think theres no doubt that VTB League will instead of Russian league , Latvian etc. VEF Riga already will play only from PO in domestic league , its only start .
About other teams, Valters said , that Maccabi already wanted to play in VTB this year , but VTB rejected them , because they want only east European teams.

sagenas
08-25-2010, 10:27 AM
In VTB insterested many European teams but the biggest thing there is a money and strong opponents. In Lithuania, we're not looking at VTB as top league where we must win - VTB it's like good place to develop our players. For example, Lietuvos Rytas next year gonna have 14 players on their roster because they'll play in LKL, VTB, BBL (from PO) and Euroleague - the main thing is training against strong opponents. Our team youngsters will play in domestic leaague (LKL) and will get some time in VTB, but we have priorities - do as much better as we can in Euroleague and win LKL. By all meanings, it's good for our teams and no one is looking seriously at VTB. By the way, the only thing we don't like is because this tournament kinda "Ex-Soviet" type and believe me, how it looked when final four was in Kaunas Sports Hall where Žalgiris and CSKA played their legendary games and etc., the biggest guys from Russia talked in Russian language - everyone felt like it was that old old times, like we're in Soviet. So, that's the bad thing. Also I want to say that Jonas Vainauskas (Rytas GM) said that he asked to make English as a main tournament language because of the last thing (and as he said, it will as he asked).

And for the end, VTB will never replace domestic leagues, it's just opportunity to develop our basketball teams even more. I hope Šiauliai may join VTB in future too. :)

vaslover
08-25-2010, 11:04 AM
In VTB insterested many European teams but the biggest thing there is a money and strong opponents. In Lithuania, we're not looking at VTB as top league where we must win - VTB it's like good place to develop our players. For example, Lietuvos Rytas next year gonna have 14 players on their roster because they'll play in LKL, VTB, BBL (from PO) and Euroleague - the main thing is training against strong opponents. Our team youngsters will play in domestic leaague (LKL) and will get some time in VTB, but we have priorities - do as much better as we can in Euroleague and win LKL. By all meanings, it's good for our teams and no one is looking seriously at VTB. By the way, the only thing we don't like is because this tournament kinda "Ex-Soviet" type and believe me, how it looked when final four was in Kaunas Sports Hall where Žalgiris and CSKA played their legendary games and etc., the biggest guys from Russia talked in Russian language - everyone felt like it was that old old times, like we're in Soviet. So, that's the bad thing. Also I want to say that Jonas Vainauskas (Rytas GM) said that he asked to make English as a main tournament language because of the last thing (and as he said, it will as he asked).

And for the end, VTB will never replace domestic leagues, it's just opportunity to develop our basketball teams even more. I hope Šiauliai may join VTB in future too. :)

I agree with you and i really hope that VTB League will never replace our domestic leagues. Moreover, for me would be more interesting to see junior tournament where we could see young guys from CSKA, Zalgiris, BC Khimki, LR, Partizan, Cibona, Budivelnik, VEF, Olimpija. Here at least we could see the INTRIGUE...

Dreamcatcher
08-25-2010, 01:34 PM
I agree with you and i really hope that VTB League will never replace our domestic leagues. Moreover, for me would be more interesting to see junior tournament where we could see young guys from CSKA, Zalgiris, BC Khimki, LR, Partizan, Cibona, Budivelnik, VEF, Olimpija. Here at least we could see the INTRIGUE...

Junior? Does every club have it? Rytas have quite nice junior team, which plays in the first domestic league. I bet they would win.

And such tournament wouldn't be sponsored.

archaz
08-25-2010, 01:43 PM
yeah :) . And who will give money to these young teams ? Sponsors are not interested in such "product".
VEF Riga has something similar to Rytas , they have 18 players in roster , 6 of them will play in Latvian league + some guys from 1st team will play + there will be guys who will be after injury to get into shape.
They will concentrate on Uleb cup + VTB + some games in BBL. In Latvian league teams name will be VEF/Juniors , i think its future model , and lithunians can do same if EL will give advanced EL slots to VTB , i mean priority will become VTB , not LKL because of EL spot.
Now we have 12 teams , i hope next year we'll have 16 teams and full 2 rounded system. Missing teams should be from Russia , mb 2-3 or all 4, i dont know situation in russian basketball , but yesterday i was watching Shirokovs interview ( VTB GM , who is interested , i can give link in russian lg ) he said , that there was big interest from ~4-5 teams to participate this year , but it was unreal , because , for example Ventpils dont have airport in their city, the nearest is Riga , so its about 200 km , same happened with Anwil, Tartu and i think 1 Ukrainian team , so , my lithuanian friend , its hard to believe ,that Saulai will play in VTB.

sagenas
08-25-2010, 04:36 PM
yeah :) . And who will give money to these young teams ? Sponsors are not interested in such "product".
VEF Riga has something similar to Rytas , they have 18 players in roster , 6 of them will play in Latvian league + some guys from 1st team will play + there will be guys who will be after injury to get into shape.
They will concentrate on Uleb cup + VTB + some games in BBL. In Latvian league teams name will be VEF/Juniors , i think its future model , and lithunians can do same if EL will give advanced EL slots to VTB , i mean priority will become VTB , not LKL because of EL spot.
Now we have 12 teams , i hope next year we'll have 16 teams and full 2 rounded system. Missing teams should be from Russia , mb 2-3 or all 4, i dont know situation in russian basketball , but yesterday i was watching Shirokovs interview ( VTB GM , who is interested , i can give link in russian lg ) he said , that there was big interest from ~4-5 teams to participate this year , but it was unreal , because , for example Ventpils dont have airport in their city, the nearest is Riga , so its about 200 km , same happened with Anwil, Tartu and i think 1 Ukrainian team , so , my lithuanian friend , its hard to believe ,that Saulai will play in VTB.

Klimavičius (Šiauliai GM) said that guys from VTB offered them to play in VTB next season, but because of money reasons, roster and other stuff, they was thinking, what to choose - EuroCup or VTB and they chose EuroCup (prestige). :)

By the way, why 200km bothers them? It's kinda short distance...for example, it's not the problem in BBL (yeah, I know about distances from other Russian cities), but it's just a few hours, that's isn't that much. :)

Oh, LKL have Euroleague slot, so while Žalgiris have licence and Lietuvos Rytas wins LKL over them, then everything is ok. And...if Lietuvos Rytas won't win LKL, then they'll participate in Euroleague qullification. VTB could be like second option, but LKL always will be our priority (opposite is BBL...)

What's about junior teams...we have Perlas who next season will be playing LKL and BBL, they're good and next season even can be 3rd in LKL (that would mean EuroCup), everyone sees Perlas with big potential. :) And Rytas have 14 players in their first team (some of them are young prospects), it's system like and I don't think many teams would be interested in that.

archaz
08-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Klimavičius (Šiauliai GM) said that guys from VTB offered them to play in VTB next season, but because of money reasons, roster and other stuff, they was thinking, what to choose - EuroCup or VTB and they chose EuroCup (prestige). :)

By the way, why 200km bothers them? It's kinda short distance...for example, it's not the problem in BBL (yeah, I know about distances from other Russian cities), but it's just a few hours, that's isn't that much. :)

I dont know, but as i said - it was Shirokovs words , maybe in future 200km will not bother them , but know, when teams are playing in 3-4 tournaments ,it's too phisically hard for players to fly to Riga and then drive 3 hours to Ventspils.

About Eurocups prestige - too hard to believe , in VTB League u have 9-10 guaranteed high level games + from financial side they only wins, because theres system like in Champions League.

sagenas
08-25-2010, 06:52 PM
I dont know, but as i said - it was Shirokovs words , maybe in future 200km will not bother them , but know, when teams are playing in 3-4 tournaments ,it's too phisically hard for players to fly to Riga and then drive 3 hours to Ventspils.

About Eurocups prestige - too hard to believe , in VTB League u have 9-10 guaranteed high level games + from financial side they only wins, because theres system like in Champions League.

Well, no one order them to play in 4 tournaments. It's their own thing, they can do as they wish :D Like Lietuvos Rytas and Žalgiris gonna have more than 12 players because they'll play in many tournaments.

Well, you know...EuroCup have good teams, everyone just are looking differently at EuroCup and VTB. I don't know many people who look at VTB as "very good tournament" and etc. It's just things like that. I don't know details, I'm just sayin' what I've heard.

auris1
08-26-2010, 11:16 PM
because we need each other.
Theres no secret that in Baltics we have good level , but we dont have enough money ,
What?
is it a secret for you to reckon?
But let me help you - apart from Zalgiris and Lrytas ,and that it is,there is no "we" in Baltic's good level.Just 2 Lithuanian teams- so stop that -we - baltic -decent- teams- shit.
There are no teams from latvia or estionia as in team or as a country to compare to the level of decent

archaz
08-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Ofc, with russian money we'll not have decent team and for all Russia it's better to stay and play in their own shitty league with stupid limit and overpaid domestic players. We see how much new players they have, thats why there's always actual question about new american guy with passport.
In hockey we already proved that with money from Russia we can achieve something.
Batutin clearly million times said ,that its not interesting to play in Russia league , because theres only 2-3 opponents , the Russian players stays in Russia ,because they get overpaid with this stupid limit , theres no progress at all.
Look @ Monya , he was NBA level players, then he got contract in Dynamo for about million dollars , now he's worth in Europe about 10k ?

vaslover
08-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Ofc, with russian money we'll not have decent team and for all Russia it's better to stay and play in their own shitty league with stupid limit and overpaid domestic players. We see how much new players they have, thats why there's always actual question about new american guy with passport.
In hockey we already proved that with money from Russia we can achieve something.
Batutin clearly million times said ,that its not interesting to play in Russia league , because theres only 2-3 opponents , the Russian players stays in Russia ,because they get overpaid with this stupid limit , theres no progress at all.
Look @ Monya , he was NBA level players, then he got contract in Dynamo for about million dollars , now he's worth in Europe about 10k ?

My friend, maybe we have quite overpaid players, but Latvia except Biedrins,Valters and Blums has only MEDIOCRE players at all. Current qualifying games your NT just confirmed that one more time...

archaz
08-27-2010, 06:03 PM
My friend, maybe we have quite overpaid players, but Latvia except Biedrins,Valters and Blums has only MEDIOCRE players at all. Current qualifying games your NT just confirmed that one more time...

From last EC we have only 2 players left - Freimanis and Kalve , who were last guys in team.
Then, this year we dont have 10 ( ! ) best players , who said "no" to NT or r disq.
And in the end, it was Russia who won us in EC in nervous end ? With McCarty who scored more than 20 points ?
Yes , we dont have branded name in Europe , but dont say they are poor if your NT won only because of one american.

About qual, put "Hvostovs" , "Shveds" etc as team leaders , who are playing 30+ mins and see the result.

auris1
08-28-2010, 10:17 PM
I think Russian basketball is being kind of misjudged generally.In the past and nowadays as well.
IN Lithuania we have only a basketball - that is it.In Russia ,on the other hand,basketball is behind football and ice hockey in terms of importance,plus let's do not forget handball and volleyball.PLus all individual sports like athletics,swimming or chess,etc winter sports,you name it...All them expected to deliver medals.NO more,no less.
And basketball delivers - man got gold in euro 07,and i think woman basketball is the best example -in Europe's championships they had 7 medals in the last 15 years.
http://www.fibaeurope.com/pageID_OZlo,WoXI7EB6o4ZSH6lt3.nfID_381.html
Plus Olympics and world championships i did not look up for.
How about youths ? They do get medals on regular basis as well.
So all well then?
I do not think so
Russia (man) have never been favourites to win anything since soviet times
- although they did so ,probably because nowadays they have too much money and they want results straight away on club level.
(And every time CSKA wins,all the other heads roll).
Anyway,for once,i think this competition might be useful for Russians to get and sustain decent level throughout without getting heads chopped for loosing it as it deems to be not that important
gee,too tired to go on

Kameli
09-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Really nice to see Finnish team in VTB league.:)
Here is the schedule:
http://www.vtb-league.com/en/news/180/default.aspx

Honka will play home games at Barona arena:
http://www.hockeyarenas.net/index.php3?page=3000&ctID=fi&size=0&arID=108

madmax
10-06-2010, 10:02 AM
VTB regular season is starting today with a match between red hot CSKA and lithuanian champs Rytas;) This could be a blowout game, since Rytas seemed to be struggling badly with their play in preparation matches, but it also could be a good match, knowing that CSKA isn't in their best shape either. Good luck to both teams and nice basketball season to all of us;)

auris1
10-06-2010, 07:58 PM
VTB regular season is starting today with a match between red hot CSKA and lithuanian champs Rytas;) This could be a blowout game, since Rytas seemed to be struggling badly with their play in preparation matches, but it also could be a good match, knowing that CSKA isn't in their best shape either. Good luck to both teams and nice basketball season to all of us;)
i do not think CSKA is red hot at the moment,not with injured players like Chriapa,Kaun,Voroncevic or Holden - any of them could easily be in starting five on a given day.
Anyway,for the three quarters game was close enough to enjoy until Gordon and Siska took matters in their own hands.For me it is still early into the season to make decisions about teams potential,but i bet that Vainauskas is itching already.And what happened to Jomantas - clearly 1,5 minutes isnt sufficient for the player of his calibre.

madmax
10-06-2010, 08:39 PM
i do not think CSKA is red hot at the moment,not with injured players like Chriapa,Kaun,Voroncevic or Holden - any of them could easily be in starting five on a given day.
Anyway,for the three quarters game was close enough to enjoy until Gordon and Siska took matters in their own hands.For me it is still early into the season to make decisions about teams potential,but i bet that Vainauskas is itching already.And what happened to Jomantas - clearly 1,5 minutes isnt sufficient for the player of his calibre.

well, I did like some things about Rytas in this match - they are defending the paint well and Valanciuans is swatting shots at will, which is very promising to see:cool: However the shooters are still way off with their jumpshots, and with CSKA making 50 % of their 3 pointers attempted it was always gonna be a blowout. In other words, this team has potential, it maybe just need a better coach and approach to maximize it's full potential. Vainauskas may very well be preparing a new coaching job for yet another poor fella it seems:D

vaslover
10-07-2010, 11:28 AM
I don,t know about LR fans, but for me Anzulovic can evoke only annoyance. When he made a cowardly escape from Perm i understood for myself that as a man he full of crap. This inadequate idiot can blow up a good atmosphere inside any team. Look, Jomantas who is without doubts a strong all-around player and can help his team in many ways,played just 2 minutes. I,m actually doubt that Arturas was injured. Without questions we can see Anzulovic factor here. And else. Where did he found Nagla?!:confused: Unique piece of wood...

Dreamcatcher
10-07-2010, 01:27 PM
I don,t know about LR fans, but for me Anzulovic can evoke only annoyance. When he made a cowardly escape from Perm i understood for myself that as a man he full of crap. This inadequate idiot can blow up a good atmosphere inside any team. Look, Jomantas who is without doubts a strong all-around player and can help his team in many ways,played just 2 minutes. I,m actually doubt that Arturas was injured. Without questions we can see Anzulovic factor here. And else. Where did he found Nagla?!:confused: Unique piece of wood...

1) Some of Ural Great fans said, that he had been a good coach and the team had a success with him. I haven't heard anything about his character or behaviour in Perm, but it's certainly not the same.

2) Regarding Jomantas, from what i've seen, he's in a very bad shame...Maybe it's the reason, why he almost didn't play.

3) Regarding Nalga, yes, he's horrible in offence. But it's not Anzulovic's choice, it's actually GM's job...The only player, who came after Anzulovic was Johnson and he's quite solid player.

auris1
10-07-2010, 07:43 PM
2) Regarding Jomantas, from what i've seen, he's in a very bad shame...Maybe it's the reason, why he almost didn't play.

Shape,you mean?
I hope it is the reason why he didn't play much.I know he had hard time recently with injuries ,but he could be that man who brings the team together
with all his experience and toughness.And i do not think Vainauskas would allow him to rot on the bench.

Richey666
10-07-2010, 09:12 PM
BC Kalev/Cramo unexpectedly fought hard today against VEF/Riga, but lost with horrible defensive lapse in final second.
By the way Kalev budget is only 0,5M Euro this year.

http://vtb-league.com/en/game.aspx?game_id=248243&league_id=undefined&season_id=8513

auris1
10-07-2010, 09:47 PM
BC Kalev/Cramo unexpectedly fought hard today against VEF/Riga, but lost with horrible defensive lapse in final second.
By the way Kalev budget is only 0,5M Euro this year.

http://vtb-league.com/en/game.aspx?game_id=248243&league_id=undefined&season_id=8513

No complains about the fouls or rebounds?Only about small budget?
Richey,it doesn't sound like you at all.
With 0,5 mil euro ,oh my gosh,you would be right at the top of LKL ,apart from Zalgiris and Rytas that is.And no matter what,you are going to get shit beaten out of you anyway
And just to let you know, Kurtinaitis is one of the heck coach , just wasting his time in this never land of basketball,Latvia

Gytaz
10-08-2010, 06:30 PM
And just to let you know, Kurtinaitis is one of the heck coach , just wasting his time in this never land of basketball,Latvia

Maybe VEF is bellow his level, but still - Latvian basketball is not that bad, no need to disrespect them.

Richey666
10-08-2010, 07:17 PM
U drunk or what?
Only clubs who got shit beaten out of them by Estonian clubs have been Rytas and Perlas so far...and we heard a looooooooooooooooot of complaining and ridiculous justifications :D
What's the Siauliai budget, really under 0,5M Euro? I don't buy it.

No complains about the fouls or rebounds?Only about small budget?
Richey,it doesn't sound like you at all.
With 0,5 mil euro ,oh my gosh,you would be right at the top of LKL ,apart from Zalgiris and Rytas that is.And no matter what,you are going to get shit beaten out of you anyway

Gytaz
10-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Actually, Šiauliai is the only team in the LKL which hasn't revealed their budget to the journalists, but it's probably over 0.5 million €.

auris1
10-09-2010, 08:03 PM
U drunk or what?

Don't you tell me you did not know that.For me this forum is about escapism.
I guess for you it is too.It just that you are Estonian and well,there is not many things you can cheer for.Basketball wise

auris1
10-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Maybe VEF is bellow his level, but still - Latvian basketball is not that bad, no need to disrespect them.

it wasn't about Latvian basketball,sorry.I just wanted to project his byline falling so much behind he deserves

Basket_
10-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Žalgiris - Khimki 75:69 (16:17, 21:18, 14:16, 24:18)

Stats (http://vtb-league.com/en/game.aspx?game_id=248245&league_id=undefined&season_id=8513)

AirBall
10-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Does anyone know why Marcus Brown didnt play for Zalgiris...

Basket_
10-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Does anyone know why Marcus Brown didnt play for Zalgiris...

He's ill.

AirBall
10-17-2010, 06:30 PM
He's ill.

I supose that he will be ready for Partizan?

Mindozas
10-17-2010, 06:37 PM
I supose that he will be ready for Partizan?

He was practising today, so should be ready. However I doubt he will be a serious threat for Partizan. Doesn't seem that he's in good shape and looks little bit overweight

AirBall
10-17-2010, 06:49 PM
He was practising today, so should be ready. However I doubt he will be a serious threat for Partizan. Doesn't seem that he's in good shape and looks little bit overweight

Thanks!

sagenas
10-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Minsk-2006 90 - 60 Honka

What they're doing in VTB? If Minsk-2006 crushes them like that, then what about other teams?

Btw, team name "Honka playboys" sounds fun :D

auris1
11-01-2010, 10:35 PM
What a game - lrytas vs uniks.
http://www.vtb-league.com/en/default.aspx
It really was a great show,from the first to the last minute.Starting with Lrytas under new coach and him trying new tactics -run run run and nearly succeeding going back to Uniks with their dismissal appearance in Euroleague preliminaries and trying to prove class of their own they would like to be in ,allegedly ..
\\\\ Especially knowing what the next game with zalgiris was a real bore.

vaslover
11-02-2010, 10:37 AM
What a game - lrytas vs uniks.
http://www.vtb-league.com/en/default.aspx
It really was a great show,from the first to the last minute.Starting with Lrytas under new coach and him trying new tactics -run run run and nearly succeeding going back to Uniks with their dismissal appearance in Euroleague preliminaries and trying to prove class of their own they would like to be in ,allegedly ..
\\\\ Especially knowing what the next game with zalgiris was a real bore.

Most interesting is that no one russian TV channel didn,t show this game. Bastards.:mad:

auris1
11-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Most interesting is that no one russian TV channel didn,t show this game. Bastards.:mad:
How about russian league games?
Is it always CSKA or Chimki on tv?Or there is a bit more of variety?And how often they broadcast them?Once in a blue moon? Or on a bit more regural basis?
Come to think about UNiks,i think they have great team this year,same as they had in the last few seasons. Shame they did not qualify for euroleague,it really is

vaslover
11-04-2010, 10:18 AM
How about russian league games?
Is it always CSKA or Chimki on tv?Or there is a bit more of variety?And how often they broadcast them?Once in a blue moon? Or on a bit more regural basis?
Come to think about UNiks,i think they have great team this year,same as they had in the last few seasons. Shame they did not qualify for euroleague,it really is

Well, as i know our main TV sport channel (Россия 2) eventually will show no less than twelve games of the regular season. I,ve no doubt than in all 12 games we,ll see only CSKA and Khimki. One of these two teams we,ll see on tv picture necessarily. It,s obvious. At least for me.
As for UNIKS i think they are still very unstable. Today they can beat LR or CSKA, tomorrow they can lose for example Enisey or Krasnie Kriliya. Also i think they don,t have a solid PG. Pietr Samoilenko looks at this KEY position is not serious.

auris1
11-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Well, as i know our main TV sport channel (Россия 2) eventually will show no less than twelve games of the regular season. I,ve no doubt than in all 12 games we,ll see only CSKA and Khimki. One of these two teams we,ll see on tv picture necessarily. It,s obvious. At least for me.
As for UNIKS i think they are still very unstable. Today they can beat LR or CSKA, tomorrow they can lose for example Enisey or Krasnie Kriliya. Also i think they don,t have a solid PG. Pietr Samoilenko looks at this KEY position is not serious.
How is UNIKS in terms of financial stability? Is it long term or just a pet toy project ?
Isn't the main sponsor a governor of Tatarstan ?
U had great teams in Saratov and Perm until someone got fed up financing he teams?
And i had a look at the all sport.ru website,there was a game without cska or chimki.))
And as far as i am aware sport express (newspaper) had live video broadcast as well (uninks -cska?)
Not so bad i have to say.

vaslover
11-30-2010, 03:03 PM
How is UNIKS in terms of financial stability? Is it long term or just a pet toy project ?
Isn't the main sponsor a governor of Tatarstan ?
U had great teams in Saratov and Perm until someone got fed up financing he teams?
And i had a look at the all sport.ru website,there was a game without cska or chimki.))
And as far as i am aware sport express (newspaper) had live video broadcast as well (uninks -cska?)
Not so bad i have to say.

Definitely that current republic of Tatarstan president Rustam Minnihanov patronize the basketball team. The same as football Rubin, ice hockey Ak Bars and volleyball team Zenit.
Btw, as i know UNIKS sponsoring by no more no less as 7 Tatars Banks: Intehbank, AKIBANK, Kara Altin, Vheshprombank( as i undersatnd, their branch in Tatarstan), Binbank, Ak Bars and Tatfondbank!!! Moreover, the Kazan basketball club has bought OWN bank - TATAGROPROMBANK, and UNIKS eventually became his major shareholders!:)
As for broadcasting, i meant just broadcasting on TV, not live video broadcast on the internet.

vaslover
12-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Ups...
Azov - Zalgiris 75:63

Mindozas
12-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Ups...
Azov - Zalgiris 75:63

Kinda expected, maybe not a loss, but a tough game. Team was exhausted, unmotivated, Begic (injured) and Kalnietis didn't play. But not a big deal. It's good that nobody get injured, now the most important thing is game vs Caja Laboral.

Congrats to ukrainians and Zalgiris' haters crew :)

auris1
12-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Kinda expected, maybe not a loss, but a tough game. Team was exhausted, unmotivated, Begic (injured) and Kalnietis didn't play. But not a big deal. It's good that nobody get injured, now the most important thing is game vs Caja Laboral.

I guess that was a sign of how mediocre Zalgiris can be.Or is....

madmax
12-13-2010, 11:43 PM

I'm guessing by "Zalgiris haters" crew you are refering to those few Rytas fans, posting on these forums. Anyway, nobody could deny that Zalgiris is very lucky to have 5-3 record after 8 games in Euroleague - they literally escaped in their both matches against Prokom and could easily have 3-5 hole now. Their level of play is very mediocre and other teams are simply not taking advantage of countless turnovers Kaunas point guards are committing. But like all things, luck finally runs out too. It's not hate though - it's just stating facts. Good luck to your team in TOP 16 - they are gonna need it.

auris1
12-13-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm guessing by "Zalgiris haters" crew you are refering to those few Rytas fans, posting on these forums. Anyway, nobody could deny that Zalgiris is very lucky to have 5-3 record after 8 games in Euroleague - they literally escaped in their both matches against Prokom and could easily have 3-5 hole now. Their level of play is very mediocre and other teams are simply not taking advantage of countless turnovers Kaunas point guards are committing. But like all things, luck finally runs out too. It's not hate though - it's just stating facts. Good luck to your team in TOP 16 - they are gonna need it.
oh man
why did you post it here?
with your mad stupor you finished in the thread nobody reads anyway
fcking fail
(deliberate misspelling)

madmax
12-14-2010, 12:17 AM
oh man
why did you post it here?
with your mad stupor you finished in the thread nobody reads anyway
fcking fail
(deliberate misspelling)

actually I don't even know why I keep responding to my fellow lithuanian fanboys of a certain team here, because none of them likes to discuss basketball seriously here - they just boast and gloat in front of the fans of their rivals. Serious basketball discussion is very rare, except only few select posters here, you being one of those level-grounded Zalgiris supporters. And more power to you I say - keep up the quality of this board with your unbiased thoughts.

auris1
12-14-2010, 12:30 AM
actually I don't even know why I keep responding to my fellow lithuanian fanboys of a certain team here, because none of them likes to discuss basketball seriously here
i think you do....you make a point...i think you envolved to better human being somehow...I like you now
matured? maybe?
or mellowed?
who knows

Mindozas
12-14-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm guessing by "Zalgiris haters" crew you are refering to those few Rytas fans, posting on these forums

No, I thought I expressed myself clearly "Zalgiris' haters", it's interesting though that you thought about yourself here :D

vaslover
01-06-2011, 02:05 PM
BC Khimki - Zalgiris 78:76

What a primitive tactics by Khimki. Give the ball to Lengford and immediately
step aside. Better to go at this time to smoke the bamboo in the corner...

madmax
03-17-2011, 08:05 PM
In the last day of the regular season Azovmash beat Zalgiris away and consequently booked their place in the Final 4. The other three teams are all from mother Russia - CSKA, Khimki and UNICS respectively. CSKA should probably win this trophy now, as the final stage is played in their gym. Good luck to Azovmash though - this team seems to be on the right track and has some really individually strong players.

auris1
03-17-2011, 09:51 PM
In the last day of the regular season Azovmash beat Zalgiris away and consequently booked their place in the Final 4. The other three teams are all from mother Russia - CSKA, Khimki and UNICS respectively. CSKA should probably win this trophy now, as the final stage is played in their gym. Good luck to Azovmash though - this team seems to be on the right track and has some really individually strong players.

Thank god i was working today.
I called my father after i finished my shift,and after hearing his voice i though somebody had died in the family.
Well,Zalgiris lost apparently.Again.
Not surprised,do not care ,not till LKL finals,but even here i am not that confident.

sagenas
03-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Spartak, Lokomotiv, ČEZ and Astana will join VTB next season...but system will be the same.

Two more Russian teams look like a joke. Why? Hush.

The most interesting thing is Astana...seriously..can't understand it....Astana right now is 2nd in their local league (Barsy is 1st) and that Barsy this season played in BBL Challenge Cup where they barely won against worst teams...

rikhardur
03-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Ponomarev is still with Astana right? At least it'll be good to see him playing at a higher level.

Walken
03-28-2011, 08:07 PM
The most interesting thing is Astana...seriously..can't understand it....Astana right now is 2nd in their local league (Barsy is 1st) and that Barsy this season played in BBL Challenge Cup where they barely won against worst teams...
they will create a new project. rumours said that Tikhonenko recently invited to the gm role.
the first step was opening a new hall:
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3288/tigersgym.jpg

Ponomarev is still with Astana right? At least it'll be good to see him playing at a higher level.
no, he isn't. http://forums.interbasket.net/f24/kazakh-610-phenom-anton-ponomarev-any-2341/p4.html (post #74). he said he didnt want to return to Kazakhstan, because level of their league is too low

sagenas
03-29-2011, 09:01 AM
I've heard about that too, they're planning to invite "good players". Still very questionable who is good for them :D in any case, they should grab few Lithuanians, that would be damn useful :D

Walken
04-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Astana's budget for next season will be approximately $ 5 million. from the old team is likely no one left. Samruk-Kazyna (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samruk-Kazyna) will be general sponsor. current coach Strebkov continue working in the club (not yet known in what status)

sagenas
04-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Astana's budget for next season will be approximately $ 5 million. from the old team is likely no one left. Samruk-Kazyna (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samruk-Kazyna) will be general sponsor. current coach Strebkov continue working in the club (not yet known in what status)

5 million dollars? :D Or you misunderstood and are talking about 5 million rubles? :D Well, I hope they'll be at least one Lithuanian...with them in a team would be much more interesting to watch their team :D

Walken
04-03-2011, 02:15 PM
5 million dollars? :D Or you misunderstood and are talking about 5 million rubles? :D Well, I hope they'll be at least one Lithuanian...with them in a team would be much more interesting to watch their team :D
use the link on the wiki in previous post and look what is Samruk-Kazyna :)
http://sport.nur.kz/mainnews/basketball/8215.html
750 mln tenge is ~ 5 mln dollars
think if they will not stolen, as is customary in the CIS, it may very well come out.
it will be created the basketball analog of hockey team Barys

sagenas
04-03-2011, 03:25 PM
use the link on the wiki in previous post and look what is Samruk-Kazyna :)
http://sport.nur.kz/mainnews/basketball/8215.html
750 mln tenge is ~ 5 mln dollars
think if they will not stolen, as is customary in the CIS, it may very well come out.
it will be created the basketball analog of hockey team Barys

I know, I'm just joking.

Walken
04-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Matteo Boniciolli takes over BC Astana - Apr 23, 2011 (by Eurobasket News)
BC Astana announced very important news today. The newly formed team from the Kazakhstan capital hired Matteo Boniciolli (agency: Beo Basket ) as a Head Coach for season 2011/12. BC Astana will compete in VTB United League and hiring of well respected Italian coach was their first move. The GM of BC Astana is a basketball legend Valery Tikhonenko.
Matteo Boniciolli worked this season with Lottomatica Virtus Roma, who competed in Italian SerieA and in Euroleague as well. They parted ways in January. Boniciolli worked with Lottomatica also last season. In 2009, he won the EuroChallenge Cup with La Fortezza Bologna. That same season he helped the team reach the Italian Cup Finals. In 2008, Matteo Boniciolli led La Fortezza to Italian Cup trophy and was named All-Italian SerieA Coach of the Year. In the past, Boniciolli was working with Air Avelino, Teramo, Fortitudo, Messina and Udine. In 2004, he reached the Belgian Cup Finals with Oostende. Boniciolli also has experience from the Italian National Team, where he worked as assistant coach in the past.
http://www.asia-basket.com/Kazakhstan/basketball.asp?NewsID=224271

ArnoldPettybone
04-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Khimky won the title after a hard fought battle with CSKA which ended 66-64 in favor of the "Moscow regioners". A small token of success after a disappointing season at both PBL and Euroleague, congrats to them!

auris1
04-23-2011, 10:52 PM
It will be like middle east clubs for top european football players in their twilight.
Although in current financial climate some big names might sign as well,who knows

goga78
04-24-2011, 11:21 AM
What a change a coach makes... After the incapable Scariolo who used a very big budget and a ver deep roster to run a one-man show, Kurtinaitis has turned this eternal loser team into a bunch of resilient fighters who have beaten Unics and CSKA back-to-back and will surely have a word or two more to say in the PBL playoffs as opposed to what could be expected a month ago.

Congratulations to Khimki and their new VTB Final Four MVP Vitaly Fridzon!

Billy Bounce
04-24-2011, 06:24 PM
What a change a coach makes... After the incapable Scariolo who used a very big budget and a ver deep roster to run a one-man show, Kurtinaitis has turned this eternal loser team into a bunch of resilient fighters who have beaten Unics and CSKA back-to-back and will surely have a word or two more to say in the PBL playoffs as opposed to what could be expected a month ago.

Congratulations to Khimki and their new VTB Final Four MVP Vitaly Fridzon!

The incapable Scariolo has an excuse: Langford was healthy back then :p

All in all kudos to Kurtinatis for not being afraid to bench Monya , when he did all possible to bring CSKA back from the grave.

Shved, Vorontsevich were pretty solid, all the rest - :eek:

BTW, interesting that close to the end, when everybody was tired as hell Kurtinatis instructed to give the ball ( and all offense) into Loncar hands and it worked.

Pashutin used the same trick with Lampe in ULEB Cup final . Both guys are a pulsating black hole in defense, but their offensive skills are simply AWESOME. Yep, with capital letters. :p

pohani komarac
04-25-2011, 12:28 AM

All in all kudos to Kurtinatis for not being afraid to bench Monya , when he did all possible to bring CSKA back from the grave.

Shved, Vorontsevich were pretty solid, all the rest - :eek:

BTW, interesting that close to the end, when everybody was tired as hell Kurtinatis instructed to give the ball ( and all offense) into Loncar hands and it worked.

Pashutin used the same trick with Lampe in ULEB Cup final . Both guys are a pulsating black hole in defense, but their offensive skills are simply AWESOME. Yep, with capital letters. :p

i would also give more credit to papadopulos. he created 3 stright times for loncar.........bur what realy suprised me that planinic didn't screw game:D

sagenas
04-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Kurtinaitis did just a great job. :) Good luck for Chimki in PBL play-offs. :)

///

Coming back to Astana topic..they were saying "big names" + NBA lock-out === ? Possible thing for sure.

auris1
04-29-2011, 07:55 PM

funny remark here.
He is not THAT bad,is he?

Kurtis complimented Scariolo saying that the players in the team were well chosen - it just that he never produced results.
It it just damn mentality in there i think that Scariolo could not adapt to - but Kurtis knows a thing or two how to handle a team/how to handle himself in there.His credentials/experience as a player with soviet union (mainly russian) system and ever growing maturity as a coach gave overdue results straight away.

Mindozas
04-30-2011, 09:39 AM
Scariolo is (or maybe already "was") hugely overrated IMO. While Kurtinaitis surely surprises me as a coach, didn't expect that. The way he overplayed Kazlauskas in VTB final was impressive and IMO that was a key to victory

Straight forward
04-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Scariolo is (or maybe already "was") hugely overrated IMO. While Kurtinaitis surely surprises me as a coach, didn't expect that. The way he overplayed Kazlauskas in VTB final was impressive and IMO that was a key to victory

That's why I'm complaining all season long about Rytas :p After Kurtinaitis, Anzulovic, Trifunovic and to be honest Maskoliunas (even if he's better than first two) looked miserable. Kurtinaitis is probably one of the best coaches in terms of charisma and ability to motivate players. He improves physically every team that he handles, sets up very intense defence and has some talent to make the best of each player individually (even if offensive sets probably not his strongest spot). IMO, Kurtinaitis can make some noise in Euroleague next season and I think he can go far as a coach generally.

vaslover
05-01-2011, 04:27 PM
All is good and wonderful, but only one thing a little bit confusing. Disgusting and annoying behavior vice-premier of Russia Sergey Ivanov a little bit tiring. Really. His constant BELITTLING the PBL and the same time cheap constant PRAISE of VTB league seems quite ridiculously...
I really hope that one day the lithuanians withdrew from VTB league and tournament immediately will cease to exist.

rikhardur
05-01-2011, 08:40 PM
All is good and wonderful, but only one thing a little bit confusing. Disgusting and annoying behavior vice-premier of Russia Sergey Ivanov a little bit tiring. Really. His constant BELITTLING the PBL and the same time cheap constant PRAISE of VTB league seems quite ridiculously...
Didn't know about this. I think there's enough "space" for the two competitions, it makes no sense to start a war with PBL. But I guess money talks louder :rolleyes:

vaslover
05-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Didn't know about this. I think there's enough "space" for the two competitions, it makes no sense to start a war with PBL. But I guess money talks louder :rolleyes:

Agree with you. Money talks louder and louder...:mad:

Jazz
05-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Anyone know why Dynamo, CSKA, UNICS and Khimki weren't in the Russian Cup this year? I know three of those teams were in Euroleague or Eurocup, on top of VTB and PBL commitments, but was there any reason other than busy schedules?

auris1
05-02-2011, 09:04 PM
I really hope that one day the lithuanians withdrew from VTB league and tournament immediately will cease to exist.
What is acronym for pbl?
Is it Russian league?
Or Philippines basketball league?If it is that,so he is right.
otherwise i assume he did not get his "cut" )
VTB ,for me,takes a bit wrong direction in general - instead of having few strong teams and short,cut throat tournament they chooses to expand geography wise disregarding and diminishing overall level.I prefer up to 4 teams from Russia and 2 from Lithuania ,add some Ukrainians and one Latvian,plus Polish champs(or even second one) so it all makes sense.Maybe they can even get more euroleague level teams,who knows,but not this shit from Estonia,Finland or Kazakhstan

sagenas
05-03-2011, 08:44 AM
what is acronym for pbl?
is it russian league?
or philippines basketball league?if it is that,so he is right.
Otherwise i assume he did not get his "cut" )
vtb ,for me,takes a bit wrong direction in general - instead of having few strong teams and short,cut throat tournament they chooses to expand geography wise disregarding and diminishing overall level.i prefer up to 4 teams from russia and 2 from lithuania ,add some ukrainians and one latvian,plus polish champs(or even second one) so it all makes sense.maybe they can even get more euroleague level teams,who knows,but not this shit from estonia,finland or kazakhstan

Профессиональная баскетбольная лига

:))