PDA

View Full Version : Euro countries schools/dominance in past years

goga78
05-07-2010, 11:22 AM
That's the point. You only have bigger budget then Partizan (much bigger), while Partizan create own players. Raduljica is young and he can improve his skills in Partizan and next season he will be better 30% for sure. So he can choose: does he want to be a better player or 'money is everything'.

So, if Partizan is creating own players, how comes they want to buy Raduljica from another team? Tired to read about the school of Partizan. This organisation has produced many good and great players but not more than CSKA, Barca, Real and many others. It also buys promising players off other Serbian and not Serbian teams. No need to exaggerate the significance of Partizan, here, especially comparing this club to a club with a much biger winning tradition.

Considering the center school Partizan has to offer, it would be more logical to go there but only if Maric bolts for another team.

Regarding maccabeo, too tired to read all this BS. Yes, Maccabi is a very normal team, yes, there are 10 better teams in the EL. Somehow this team goes to the Final Four/Top 8 on a consistent basis even after Saras has left the show and the current team made it that far, too. Maccabeo likes to mention Efes as a better team, a squad that barely made it out of a weak reg. season group. The magic quarter against Siena, as if a game would consist of 30 minutes only and a fluke against Real, a tam that lost both games to MTA this season and got its ass whipped twice the last time both teams met (two years ago). He overlooks the total meltdown in game 1 of the 1/4-finals however, when MTA players deliberately stopped attacking on O and D. He wants a "revolution". Get everyone out and a whole new team in. Yes, those guys will probably learn how to play together within a week or two and will be Top 10 in the EL.

coolfire
05-07-2010, 12:36 PM
So, if Partizan is creating own players, how comes they want to buy Raduljica from another team? Tired to read about the school of Partizan. This organisation has produced many good and great players but not more than CSKA, Barca, Real and many others. It also buys promising players off other Serbian and not Serbian teams. No need to exaggerate the significance of Partizan, here, especially comparing this club to a club with a much biger winning tradition.

Considering the center school Partizan has to offer, it would be more logical to go there but only if Maric bolts for another team.

Regarding maccabeo, too tired to read all this BS. Yes, Maccabi is a very normal team, yes, there are 10 better teams in the EL. Somehow this team goes to the Final Four/Top 8 on a consistent basis even after Saras has left the show and the current team made it that far, too. Maccabeo likes to mention Efes as a better team, a squad that barely made it out of a weak reg. season group. The magic quarter against Siena, as if a game would consist of 30 minutes only and a fluke against Real, a tam that lost both games to MTA this season and got its ass whipped twice the last time both teams met (two years ago). He overlooks the total meltdown in game 1 of the 1/4-finals however, when MTA players deliberately stopped attacking on O and D. He wants a "revolution". Get everyone out and a whole new team in. Yes, those guys will probably learn how to play together within a week or two and will be Top 10 in the EL.

you are kidding, right? you are telling me that barsa, real, and many others (!) had created better players then partizan? i am not partizan fun, but this is a joke. if you see the list of partizans biggest players you will see the list of european stars and legends. and not just players, coaches too.

Srle
05-07-2010, 04:22 PM

Partizan have no basketball school. Pekovic,Tepic,Vesely,Velickovic,Djekic etc they completed basketball school in other clubs. They were created in other clubs. Some of theme really stagnated in Partizan after they left those clubs especially some talented guards . Talented Serbian guards should avoide Partizan like the black plague. Creativity in Partizan is forbidden only american guards can use some of it.

goga78
05-07-2010, 04:43 PM
you are kidding, right? you are telling me that barsa, real, and many others (!) had created better players then partizan? i am not partizan fun, but this is a joke. if you see the list of partizans biggest players you will see the list of european stars and legends. and not just players, coaches too.

Sure. It's only that European basketball doesn't consist of the 1990ies and the last decade. When Yugo basketball used to suck, those teams (well, not Barca) were winning European titles with their own assets. Besides, Spartak Leningrad used to produce so many legendary and great Russian players back then and now. Times haven't always been like they are now. You played with max. two foreigners (or no foreigners).

goga78
05-07-2010, 04:46 PM
goga, pini said:next year with a team like this we will not go again in f8. if u'll not consider that rarely can happen that paper are revolutioned by results, u are refusing to consider one of the mai law in sports: the more u spend the more u ar strong. often is like this . one year can change views .anyway respect my opinion. for me, mta is a normal team, weaker than at least 10 teams . for u is a f8 team. no problem considering your opinion but for future, i hope in a stornger mta

It is not my opinion, it is a fact. MTA went to the quarterfinals with homecourt advantage, so it is one of eight most successful EL teams this season.
What Pini said was usual politics as I have written once. He wanted people to think his team reached the maximum and he wants more money for next season.

coolfire
05-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Sure. It's only that European basketball doesn't consist of the 1990ies and the last decade. When Yugo basketball used to suck, those teams (well, not Barca) were winning European titles with their own assets. Besides, Spartak Leningrad used to produce so many legendary and great Russian players back then and now. Times haven't always been like they are now. You played with max. two foreigners (or no foreigners).

yes, i cant remember who dominated in 80's?! oh, yes, yugo basketball.

and you are talking about time before 90's? kicanovic, dalipagic...? ring a bell? i didnt talk about russian at all. we (yugoslavia and sssr) were the best basketball nations even in 70's so please educate yourself.

goga78
05-08-2010, 12:34 AM
yes, i cant remember who dominated in 80's?! oh, yes, yugo basketball.

and you are talking about time before 90's? kicanovic, dalipagic...? ring a bell? i didnt talk about russian at all. we (yugoslavia and sssr) were the best basketball nations even in 70's so please educate yourself.

Yeah, the right one talking about education. So how many major titles did Partizan and the Yugo NT get in the 1980ies? This decade was clearly dominated by Soviet basketball, while the Yugo NT used to be better in the 1970ies, whereas Yugo clubs sucked. We are actually talking about Partizan, which is a club, if you remember. Don't count Soviet basketball school to "we". You do not have anything to do with it. Do not try to cash in the 1989 and 1991 EBC victories by the Yugo NT, which was clearly dominated by great Croatian players back then. Serbian basketball and Partizan itself has enough to show for without having to get some glory from others. This "we" reminds me of a common joke about Israeli politicians speaking in front of Indian auditory. "Together we are more than a billion democrats"...

I have been following basketball for too long a time and I have enough games on video from the past eight decades in order not to overthrow things. You have no clue about the history of European basketball, if you do not acknowledge how many great players Spain and Soviet Union and their respective clubs have produced, while other countries chipping in with enough legends by themselves.

Sorry that Maccabi has a more successful history in basketball on a higher level than Partizan. Raising players (Partizan is not the only team doing so successfully) is one (honorable) thing, winning titles another.

BTW, just finished watching both semis of today. The second one was amazing. Partizan deserved every bit to play in the final, while Oly's biggest problem imho remains its coach that doesn't know how to use his players properly on offense. Bouroussis is totally wasted on this team, no role for great pick'n roll players with great court sense like Vujcic and Halperin. Instead, he forced the team owners to sign Scoonie Penn who proved to be over the hill today. Only fouls and no clever play. If you need such an oldie in order to stop the quickest PG in the EL, then good luck. I think, Patrick Beverley is enough here, while even Childress could be put on McCalebb, closing his driving angles and forcing him to take a heavily contested distance shot. Bo played a great game. His speed and ball contol at the same time is amazing. Congratulations to Partizan for its valiant effort.

pohani komarac
05-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Yeah, the right one talking about education. So how many major titles did Partizan and the Yugo NT get in the 1980ies? This decade was clearly dominated by Soviet basketball, while the Yugo NT used to be better in the 1970ies, whereas Yugo clubs sucked. We are actually talking about Partizan, which is a club, if you remember. Don't count Soviet basketball school to "we". You do not have anything to do with it. Do not try to cash in the 1989 and 1991 EBC victories by the Yugo NT, which was clearly dominated by great Croatian players back then. Serbian basketball and Partizan itself has enough to show for without having to get some glory from others. This "we" reminds me of a common joke about Israeli politicians speaking in front of Indian auditory. "Together we are more than a billion democrats"...

I have been following basketball for too long a time and I have enough games on video from the past eight decades in order not to overthrow things. You have no clue about the history of European basketball, if you do not acknowledge how many great players Spain and Soviet Union and their respective clubs have produced, while other countries chipping in with enough legends by themselves.

Sorry that Maccabi has a more successful history in basketball on a higher level than Partizan. Raising players (Partizan is not the only team doing so successfully) is one (honorable) thing, winning titles another.

BTW, just finished watching both semis of today. The second one was amazing. Partizan deserved every bit to play in the final, while Oly's biggest problem imho remains its coach that doesn't know how to use his players properly on offense. Bouroussis is totally wasted on this team, no role for great pick'n roll players with great court sense like Vujcic and Halperin. Instead, he forced the team owners to sign Scoonie Penn who proved to be over the hill today. Only fouls and no clever play. If you need such an oldie in order to stop the quickest PG in the EL, then good luck. I think, Patrick Beverley is enough here, while even Childress could be put on McCalebb, closing his driving angles and forcing him to take a heavily contested distance shot. Bo played a great game. His speed and ball contol at the same time is amazing. Congratulations to Partizan for its valiant effort.

thank you goga, they aways count those medals as serbian ones, not ex yugo ones:D

anway, plese for bouth sides. can this thread become signings and rumours once again insted of being maccabi vs. partizan fight? please! i feal like idiot sometimes openig this page expecting i will find some new rumour or signing

coolfire
05-08-2010, 04:26 AM

when i am speaking of 80's, yes i count basketball clubs from croatia. i give credits to croatia for our sucess in 90' and i dont care that only serbia and montenegro did that. that was result of yugo basketball school.

when i say "we" i am only saying that because i mean that "we" are two best basketball nations in the history of this game (i am not countig usa, because it is clear that they are the best) . and i am not speaking of serbia, i am speaking of yugoslavia. everyone who wants to separate that is just mean because there is 45 years of history. i am not taking credits for usssr sucess, i am just saying the fact.

bottom line, you said "that barselona, real, and many others" produced better players than partizan in history. i am telling you that is simply not true. end of story!!! many clubs had better results but not many clubs produced better players.

goga78
05-08-2010, 11:00 AM
bottom line, you said "that barselona, real, and many others" produced better players than partizan in history. i am telling you that is simply not true. end of story!!! many clubs had better results but not many clubs produced better players.

This organisation has produced many good and great players but not more than CSKA, Barca, Real and many others. It also buys promising players off other Serbian and not Serbian teams. No need to exaggerate the significance of Partizan, here, especially comparing this club to a club with a much biger winning tradition.

Bottom line: did I really write what you've read?

maccabeo
05-08-2010, 12:28 PM
ex yu baskt. no team can compare his basket to ex yu basket

goga78
05-08-2010, 05:40 PM
ex yu baskt. no team can compare his basket to ex yu basket

LMAO! Who's got the most EBC victories, the most Olympic gold medals, the most EL crowns?! Go and do your homework.

maccabeo
05-08-2010, 07:43 PM
goga , there s no other part of europe where born more basket champs than in ex yu staes. its easy to see how many players form ex yu play in the best europeans team. i even think with european rules, yougoslavians are better than americans in this sport.

also, yougoslavians invented moder basket way of play

Marko-
05-08-2010, 08:11 PM

some people have very hard time admitting some obvious things.. but it's on theirs loss :)

goga78
05-08-2010, 08:46 PM
goga , there s no other part of europe where born more basket champs than in ex yu staes. its easy to see how many players form ex yu play in the best europeans team. i even think with european rules, yougoslavians are better than americans in this sport.

1. Ever heard about USSR?

2. Spain is dominating European basketball now, club-wise and NT-wise.

Very interesting. So, what did Yugoslavians invent? I know some similar characteristics of Yugoslavian basketball but they didn't invent it. For example, Alexander Gomelsky was the first one to introduce the concept of "twin towers", when tring to put Tkachenko and Sabonis on the court at the same time. It happened before Olajuwon and Sampson paired up in Houston.

Most of the stuff... actually, pretty much everything, was invented and introduced in the USA. Some European basketball coaches however put their stamp on how basketball is being played on this continent. Serbians prefer hard defense and size, Lithuanians prefer to shoot the lights out from every position and angle. Zalgiris reinvented fun-to-watch-basketball in 1998, when it took the Eurocup and followed with the Euroleague win in 1999, while blowing its opponents out with gaudy offensive basketball. Pini Gershon brought showtime to European basketball, a walking highlight reel team that has had major success. No Serbian players were involved there.

With all of possible acknowledments about the significance and great tradition of Yugoslavian basketball and Serbian one in particular, there is no need to talk it better than it is. Just look at the history and present of European basketball and realize that this continent has much more to offer than just Partizan and Yugo basketball. You are writing about them as if they were the non plus ultra. They aren't. Serbian NT has not won any contest since 2002. It's last EBC crown is basically a decade ago. Serbian clubs have not won anything in Europe for 18 years. Partizan might achieve great results for three straight years (after failing miserably for many more) but these great results contain not one single title aside from Adriatic league.

But... why am I writing here?! You have proven to be the master of exaggeration. Either you can't stop praising sth. or you can't stop blaiming sth. There is nothing in between. Discussion stops here. Don't want to be the only idiot to still react to your nonsense here.

coolfire
05-08-2010, 08:58 PM
1. Ever heard about USSR?

But... why am I writing here?! You have proven to be the master of exaggeration. Either you can't stop praising sth. or you can't stop blaiming sth. There is nothing in between. Discussion stops here. Don't want to be the only idiot to still react to your nonsense here.

i dont wanna talk any more about yugoslavian basketball, but just answer simple question: do you thin that there is better basketball schools in europe history than usssr and yugoslavian school? do you think that there is other countries that produced better players? or maybe better coaches? aleksandar nikolic (do you know who is he?), ranko zeravica, mirko novosel, dusan ivkovic, bozidar maljkovic, zeljko obradovic, svetislav pesic, dusan vujosevic...

you say that partizan (or any other yugo club) didnt won euroleague. are serious? richest clubs are buying our players after one good year. we can not do anything about that and that is the reason why we never won euroleague. partizan was pretty close this year despite the fact that rich clubs bought 4 best partizan players last year. fact that our clubs didnt won euroleague for along has nothing to do with basketball, we are talking about economy here.

goga78
05-08-2010, 09:20 PM
i dont wanna talk any more about yugoslavian basketball, but just answer simple question: do you thin that there is better basketball schools in europe history than usssr and yugoslavian school? do you think that there is other countries that produced better players? or maybe better coaches? aleksandar nikolic (do you know who is he?), ranko zeravica, mirko novosel, dusan ivkovic, bozidar maljkovic, zeljko obradovic, svetislav pesic, dusan vujosevic...

No. USSR and Yugoslavia got the most titles in NT play. So they are the two most successful in Europe.
Right now, Spain gives the most successful model of club and NT play. I do not need you to list names of some well-known Serbian coaches. When the USSR existe, Soviet coaches were more sucessful but times have changed and basketball development has stagnated in Russia for several reasons. Too much corruption, very few sports schools, no willingness for hard work and too much money for the clubs lately.

you say that partizan (or any other yugo club) didnt won euroleague. are serious? richest clubs are buying our players after one good year. we can not do anything about that and that is the reason why we never won euroleague.

So what? Richest teams buys players from other teams, too. Still, some of them get to the Final 4 more often and even win titles. Don't forget that European teams with the deepest pockets are doing to Partizan the same it is doing to lesser Serbian and non-Serbian teams, when snagging players away there. By far not every good player Partizan has released has got its basics in Partizan school.

partizan was pretty close this year despite the fact that rich clubs bought 4 best partizan players last year.

...and we have already witnessed, what these four best players were able to do this season. However, Partizan was close to making the final this year, enhancing its game at a time when it had to. A major achievement, whcih deserves the utmost respect.

fact that our clubs didnt won euroleague for along has nothing to do with basketball, we are talking about economy here.

It isn't like Partizan used to lose its best players to other teams forever. Of course, economy is dictating the situation today but it did not do so in the 1980ies, 1970ies etc.

Now I propose to stop arguing THIS topic in THIS thread. I was just annoyed by lack of reflexion by some members here. Partizan manages to oust Maccabi once in a major while and Partizan fans are suddenly everywhere, claiming how superior their team is, how big its achievements are, that it has had more success than teams that are used to win EL titles... I understand the over-exuberance and joy for a small team (and Partizan is a small team financially and historically, if talking about major achievements in the EL) reaching the Final 4. I'm also always for the underdog, when my favourite team is not opposing it. But the kind of arrogant behaviour reminded me very much of CSKA fans in the middle of this decade that made me totally dislike this team. In addition, a troll is seconding anybody who questions Maccabi. No Maccabi fan is reacting on his ideas here, I'm the only one once in a while.

I'd like to know what is known from Serbian press about Pekovic and the Timberwolves. I know, he is a Montenegrin but Serbian press will surely be the first one to report inside details about this story.