New 2010 WC national team additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2010 WC national team additions

We discussed possible and confirmed absentees, let's try to find a positive side of that and to mention new players coming to NT or the ones who might return after a brake. I'll start with some teams that I'm aware of:

Lithuania: M. Gecevičius (Rytas), A. Macijauskas (preparing individually, without a club). Jasikevičius and Kaukėnas likely to return after one summer brake.

Croatia: A. Tomič (Real). B. Bogdanovic (Cibona).

Greece: Vasiliadis. Papaloukas, DD coming back after one summer brake.

France: Beaoubois, De Colo, J. Noah.

Spain: Calderon is returning, right?

Slovenia: B. Udrich, G. Dragič, Smodiš.

Let's continue.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    We discussed possible and confirmed absentees, let's try to find a positive side of that and to mention new players coming to NT or the ones who might return after a brake. I'll start with some teams that I'm aware of:

Lithuania: M. Gecevičius (Rytas), A. Macijauskas (preparing individually, without a club). Jasikevičius and Kaukėnas likely to return after one summer brake.

Croatia: A. Tomič (Real). B. Bogdanovic (Cibona).

Greece: Vasiliadis. Papaloukas, DD coming back after one summer brake.

France: Beaoubois, De Colo, J. Noah.

Spain: Calderon is returning, right?

Slovenia: B. Udrich, G. Dragič, Smodiš.

Let's continue.
    Well, I feel better about this thread. Less frustrating

Anyways, I just add on from what you listed.

Lithuania: Jasikevicius, Macijauskas, Gecevicius, Kaukenas, and Motiejunas - if only Siskaukas would come back........

Croatia: Barac, Tomic, and Bogdanovic

Greece: I think the players you named will be the only additions.

France: M. Pietrus, Beaubois, De Colo already on the team, and Noah. I think Parker will be traded with the emergence of Hill, so he'll likely play.

Spain: Calderon, Vazquez (already said he wants to play - most likely replace P. Gasol), Rodriguez, maybe Mirotic or Vidal

Slovenia: Everyone you listed

Argentina: Juan Fernandez, Carlos Delfino, Andres Nocioni, and Fabricio Oberto

Brazil: Nene and Prestes (heard he got an ankle injury, so maybe not)

Germany: Nowitzki which means Kaman will play (primadonna)

Turkey: Kanter, Akyol, maybe one other

Serbia: Milicic and Vujanic

Russia: Kirilenko and Khryapa

Comment

Russia: Kirilenko, Khryapa, Kaun

Comment

Puerto Rico - JJ Barea and Renaldo Balkman
        sigpic

Comment

Durant seems to be a lock (barring injury) for team USA, of course with just about everyone from the redeem team looking for a way out there will probably be many more.
          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Greece: Papaloukas, Diamantidis for sure. They will replace Calathes and Kalambokis most probably.

The following players will also be available but it's not sure if they'll eventually make the team, this year the competition for a spot is rather high, if all remain healthy:

Mavrokefalidis (i think he'll replace Printezis), Tsartsaris, Vasileiadis, Vasilopoulos, Mavroeidis, Pelekanos, Charalambidis.

And maybe the younger ones Pappas and Papanikolaou will help at the early practises.

Comment

Turkey:90% Kerem Gönlüm will give his come back with national Team. Okur was a player who wanted to return but due to his injury he will not play Other Players who could join the team: Kaya Peker,Cenk Akyol. Kanter maybe in 2011 but not this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz View Post
                Argentina: Juan Fernandez, Carlos Delfino, Andres Nocioni, and Fabricio Oberto
                Luis Scola has also committed, I think.
                Brazil: Nene and Prestes (heard he got an ankle injury, so maybe not)
                Nenê said that he will play for Brazil. Varejão, and Barbosa in the NBA also said they will play. Coach Magnano was in Europe last week and spoke with Splitter, Huertas, and de Sousa, so I think it's a safe bet that all of them will continue to play for the NT.

If Brazil comes with all of their players (including Marcel Machado and Alex Garcia), I think they'll be the dark horse in the tournament, a team that surprises with how good they are. The biggest potential problem that they could have is if Nenê and Barbaso can't commit to good zone defense.
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Serbia: Milicic and Vujanic
                  No, no, no, no! God no... He'd ruin the teams chemistry. Maybe if he'd be playing as a 3rd or 4th option on C, provided that Ivković will find a guy who would kick his stupid ass twice every practice. Krstić being team capitain and first center, Perović and Raduljica having good seasons behind them, there's no need for Miličić to come back.

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                  ... If Brazil comes with all of their players (including Marcel Machado and Alex Garcia), I think they'll be the dark horse in the tournament, a team that surprises with how good they are. The biggest potential problem that they could have is if Nenê and Barbaso can't commit to good zone defense.
                  That's what I've been thinking for the past several years, but nothing ever came out of it. With the potential they have, though, they should be legitimate medal contenders.
                  sigpic

Comment

For Croatia Tomic, Bogdanovic, Barac(return) should be lock if no injuries...Rudez(return), Markota(return), Zoric (I hope so for him ), Peric, Simon, Car, Andric, Delas are among candidates to take one or two places + coach Joke fits perfectley on english
                    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Partizan&Beer View Post
                      No, no, no, no! God no... He'd ruin the teams chemistry. Maybe if he'd be playing as a 3rd or 4th option on C, provided that Ivković will find a guy who would kick his stupid ass twice every practice. Krstić being team capitain and first center, Perović and Raduljica having good seasons behind them, there's no need for Miličić to come back.

That's what I've been thinking for the past several years, but nothing ever came out of it. With the potential they have, though, they should be legitimate medal contenders.
                      Milicic is a different player and person now. Even if he's not part of Serbia's NT this year, I think he should at least be part of training team.
                      Last edited by Franz; 04-28-2010, 02:04 PM.

Comment

You can't expect anything smart from Partizan fan Milicic will be in our squad i can bet my left nut Erceg and Rakovic should be in training camp.
                        UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                          You can't expect anything smart from Partizan fan Milicic will be in our squad i can bet my left nut Erceg and Rakovic should be in training camp.
                          refs mothers and daughters can't wait
                          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

lebanon: roy samaha the lebanese center will probably join the nt. Roy didn't participate in Fiba Asia Championship 2009 in Tianjin due to a surgery because of an injury.
                            ASIA 2011 CEDARS ARE COMING

Comment

Milicic is a different player and person now. Even if he's not part of Serbia's NT this year, I think he should at least be part of training team.
                              He might be a different player, but i seriously doubt that he's a much different person. My feeling is that he's gonna show up acting all like a big star among younger players. Don't get me wrong, he could be useful, if his brain doesn't screw it up for him and thus for us.

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                              Partizan's fans don't have to be smart, our team is successful I'm suprised that you left Marijanović out. At least for the camp.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information