One day in September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One day in September

This is very interesting. I bought a documental a couple of days ago called One Day in September and it is about the terrorists of the Munich '72 Olympic games.

I am a vivid Olympics fan and there are a lot of things I did not know about this even though I have read about it and I recently purchased on eBay a Life magazine of 1972 covering it.

The film is very shocking, there is footage of the dead athletes which I've never seen before. Also out of the 8 terrorists that participated on this, 5 were killed at the Munich airport, and 3 were captured. The other 3 then were released by the German government without the consent of the Israeli government and all the dead and alive were received as heroes in their country. One of the 3 survivors is still alive, hiding in Africa and he talks about it on the documental. He still thinks the way he did 34 years ago and he is proud of what he did. The other terrorists were killed by an Israeli secret assassins squad along with other palestinians that presumed were in the planning of this.

I knew that 11 Israeli athletes were killed, but I thought they were all killed at the Olympic village. Only 2 were killed at the village the other 9 were killed at the Munich airport. The terrorists asked for 2 helicopters to take them to the airport, so they took the 9 athletes with them and tied them up in the helicopters, when they arrived at the airport, the German police was waiting for them and a shooting broke down. One of the terrorists threw a grenade to one of the helicopters and another one shot a round of bullets to the other helicopter, killing the remaining 9 athletes.

The wife of one of the coaches killed and the daughters of 2 athletes also talked on the documental.
    2008... Beijing, China
    2010... Vancouver, Canada
    2012... London, United Kingdom
    2014... Shoci, Russian Federation
    2016... Madrid, Chicago, Tokyo???

That was very shocking and unfair.
    Unfortunately violent people don't understand that killing innocent people can't help them get what they want.

Comment

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Where did you get this documentary, 23? It sounds very interesting.

Stuart
      http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
      http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
      http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
        The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Stuart
        So right, I couldn't have said it better. I got it at Target, and I also saw it at Wal-Mart a couple of days ago.
        Last edited by 23_for_life; 05-02-2006, 06:50 PM.
        2008... Beijing, China
        2010... Vancouver, Canada
        2012... London, United Kingdom
        2014... Shoci, Russian Federation
        2016... Madrid, Chicago, Tokyo???

Comment

The 'Munich' film is about this event and the aftermath of it, but it is very poorly directed.

I shall seek this documentray you are mentioning. Of course no documentaries or films can reveal the whole truth.

How the hell is someone hiding in Africa and some documentary producers can locate him and interview him and state agents can't find him?

Originally posted by parso
          Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
          Originally posted by sseppel
          it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
          Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
          Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information