• Show
Clear All

• Samer Ozeir making a name for himself in Oakland

Samer Ozeir

Height : 6'8 (202cm)
    Weight : 195lbs (88 kg)
    Birth : December 1992
    Position : Small Forward - Power Forward
    Hometown : Chamstar - Baalback (Lebanon)

Personal Achievements :

- 16th best player in Oakland according to this site

-Leading his school with 15.5 ppg and 9.1 rpg

Last edited by daniab; 09-11-2010, 05:36 PM.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Samer Ozeir, a 6-foot-8 junior, left Monday’s regional semifinal win over Walled Lake Northern after suffering an injury in the second quarter and didn’t return. He leads the Wildcats in scoring (16.0), rebounds (9.5) and blocked shots (1.6).
    As the Huron High School boys basketball team prepares to face Novi on Wednesday, a coach quite familiar with both teams thinks it’ll take “a ...

Good numbers. But he had to bulk his upper body in order to be competitive at the NCAA level. His weight 195 lbs (88 kg) won't help him under the rim.

Comment

samer ozeir stats:

Comment

Samer Ozeir gets the MVP award

Novi's Ozeir towers over All-Area hoops team
        April 1, 2010

At 6-foot-8, Novi junior forward Samer Ozeir can't be ignored in the gym. His size makes him a force in the paint on both ends of the court, where he picked up 9.5 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.

“Samer is a force to deal with as an opponent. He shoots it well, can drive and scores off rebound putbacks. He is always a threat to make no matter how hot or cold he has been in the game,” Northville coach Todd Sander said of his baseline rival's big man.

Ozeir was also an outside threat for Novi. Leading the Wildcats with 33 three pointers on the season and a team-high 16.0 points per game, Ozeir combined his repertoire for 16 double-doubles.

“The area's top inside-outside threat. Excellent shooter and rebounder, continued to improve all season. Also, he's an excellent offensive rebounder,” Novi coach Cory Heitsch said.

Unfortunately for all involved, Ozeir's season ended early in Novi's regional semifinal win against Walled Lake Central when he broke his left arm.

Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

Anything new about Hayk gyokchyan?

Comment

Samer Ozeir official list of college offers

Bowling Green
            Central Michigan
            Albany (NY)
            St.Francis
            Kentucky State
            Lehigh
            Indiana University
            UNC-Charlotte

Best of luck for Samer!

added to the list :
            Detroit
            Iowa State
            Buffallo
            Cornell
            Last edited by daniab; 05-27-2010, 08:17 PM.
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
              Bowling Green
              Central Michigan
              Albany (NY)
              St.Francis
              Kentucky State
              Lehigh
              Indiana University
              UNC-Charlotte

Best of luck for Samer!
              big names I wanna see him with Indiana, CM or Kentucky State!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kerdito View Post
                big names I wanna see him with Indiana, CM or Kentucky State!!!!
                are any of those ncaa div 1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by lebanese phoenix View Post
                  are any of those ncaa div 1 ?
                  all of them are D1
                  Proud to be Lebanese
                  www.arabasket.com

Comment

Aren't Samer and Ahmad the same age?

So why hasn't Ahmad joined a D1 league yet?

Comment

samer also didn't join . but ahmad have offers from div 1 teams like rice
                      ASIA 2011 CEDARS ARE COMING

Comment

Originally posted by ElArZ View Post
                        Aren't Samer and Ahmad the same age?

So why hasn't Ahmad joined a D1 league yet?
                        Ahmad, i believe is late 1 year in school (since he still has 1 year left and he has already turned 18 in February)

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                          Ahmad, i believe is late 1 year in school (since he still has 1 year left and he has already turned 18 in February)
                          Ah ok. Well, hope the best for Samer and hopefully we'll see him with the NT.

Comment

Samer Ozeir will be in Lebanon on Sept 17th to join the youth team.

Source
                            Proud to be Lebanese
                            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Some updates about Samer:

Novi hopes frontcourt trio will lead to tournament success
                              By JEFF DULLACK
                              Special to The Oakland Press

A season ago, the Novi Wildcats boys basketball team made a run to the regional finals in the state playoffs.

This season, led by a talented trio of seniors in their front-court, the Wildcats are looking to go even further.

The Wildcats use that talented front court’s size much to their advantage with 6-8 Samer Ozeir, 6-7 Chris Milon, and 6-5 Rob Laney, as they have sprinted out to a 5-0 start.

“We space the floor very well, we share the ball very well and we’re efficient,” Novi head coach Cory Heitsch said about his team’s early offensive success.

“We’re doing a pretty good job of valuing most possessions and a missed shot for us, with our athleticism, isn’t a bad thing with the way we rebound offensively,” added Heitsch.

Ozeir, who is regarded as one of the county’s top players, spent part of his offseason playing for the Lebanese national U-18 team in this past summer’s FIBA World Championships in Asia, says that he has become more aggressive this year compared to years past.

“Last year, I started to take the ball to the basket, and this year, I’m just using the 3-pointer as bait,” Ozeir said. “I want to take it to the basket, I want to get points inside. Those are easy points for me and my team.”

Through his team’s first five games, Ozeir is averaging over 20 points and 10 rebounds.

Laney, a four-year varsity player, says that he and his teammates have started to trust each other this year, knowing that if they make a mistake, one of them will be there to clean it up.

“I think we’re really starting to realize, that if one of us takes it to the hole there’s going to be someone there to clean it up, so that’s helping out a lot.”

Laney, who has missed much of the past couple of seasons because of injury and illness, has been the jack of all trades for his team in the early stages of this season, leading his team in assists with almost five per game while also contributing six rebounds and 14 points per contest.

Because of injuries, Laney has become somewhat of a forgotten man in the Wildcats’ rotation, but he expects he will begin to get more recognition as the season goes on.

“He’s battled through injury and illness, things that someone his age shouldn’t have to deal with and, to his credit, he has absolutely persevered and he’s in the position again to be recognized as one of the county’s better players,” Heitsch said.

Milon has flourished since the end of last season and has become the Wildcats true inside presence, leading his team in rebounding with an average of 12 per game.

Heitsch notes that Milon has been more reliable on defense in the low post, which has led to an impressive start to his season.

“He’s more accountable defensively, he’s playing defense, and he’s not just being an athlete. He’s just taken off, he is a prototypical late bloomer,” Heitsch said.

Milon says that even with the Wildcats earning praise in the early season, he and his teammates can only look forward.

“We just have to keep the work up, we can’t let our past dictate the future. We still have to work hard in practice, and just keep playing,” Milon said.

“It’s interesting. You tell the kids not to take things for granted and it takes a tipping point before they finally realize it to their credit, working’s never been a question,” Heitsch said.

Ozeir says that he’s become better over the past couple of years because of coaching and improving his strength, and notes that he and his teammates want to win now more than ever.

“It starts with coaching,” said Ozeir, smiling with his coach standing to his side, “and just getting stronger in the offseason. I want it more now than I did. We want that title in the Central Division, we want the KLAA, district, regional titles. We don’t care who’s in our way, we talk about it all of the time.”

Last Updated: 12/24/2010 12:09:55 AM EST

I think coach Tab should consider taking him with the NT this summer, what do you think?
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGm8yh7amQI

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information