Yi's celebrity friends got engaged in Nets game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yi's celebrity friends got engaged in Nets game

I think this is probably the highlight in the half-empty Izod Center all year, thanks to the baseball jersey guy

Taiwan host Blackie proposes to girlfriend Fan Fan at NBA game
    Posted: 19 February 2010

TAIPEI : Taiwanese television host and actor Chen Jian Zhou, popularly known as Blackie, finally popped the question to girlfriend, singer Christine Fan, better known as Fan Fan, at a basketball game in New Jersey on Wednesday.

The pair had decided to spend the Lunar New Year together in the United States and were attending the NBA basketball match to support their friend, basketball player Yi Jianlian.

Christine also was invited to sing the US Anthem the next game. Of course the Nets lost like they always do.
    Last edited by sinobball; 02-23-2010, 03:39 AM.
    aim low, score high

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
    I think this is probably the highlight in the half-empty Izod Center all year, thanks to the baseball jersey guy

Christine Fan also was invited to sing the US Anthem the next game. Of course the Nets lost like they always do.
    Wow, his fiance is much prettier than any basketball that's been played in the Izod center all season long! He's a lucky man.

Comment

Originally posted by Federoy View Post
      He's a lucky man.
      Yeah... after his fiancee sang the national anthem, he actually got to do the pre-game intros, but in Mandarin Chinese... I think this is a first in the NBA, because I don't believe Houston ever did this...

I suppose it's because only Yi-supporters go to NJ Nets games nowadays. New Jersey does have a huge Chinese population...
      aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post

Christine also was invited to sing the US Anthem the next game. Of course the Nets lost like they always do.
        I'll be honest...When i listened to her sing the US anthem i didn't think it was going to be pretty, i pretty much expected a strong accent. Didn't expect her to be able to speak english! haha.

Comment

Originally posted by bfpri View Post
          I'll be honest...When i listened to her sing the US anthem i didn't think it was going to be pretty, i pretty much expected a strong accent. Didn't expect her to be able to speak english! haha.
          Of course not, how could a foreigner ever learn to speak English?
          THE ONLY MAROUSSI FAN ON IBN+robbe
          Aris: check, Alba: check, Roma: check, Olimpija: check, Maccabi: check, CSKA: damn you Khryapa, Panathinaikos: check, Olympiacos: check, Partizan: check
          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
          A chuck fest combined with wwf-style defense which Robbe might have appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Federoy View Post
            Wow, his fiance is much prettier than any basketball that's been played in the Izod center all season long! He's a lucky man.
            His grandma and his dog are probably prettier too...
            Actually, at least 70% of the world's population is much prettier than any basketball that's been played in the Izod centar all season long.
            Last edited by prtzn; 02-25-2010, 01:47 AM.
            "One more thing, if any admin delit this topic than the next time you will hear from me will not be on this forum but in a court of law with human right crimes on your shoulders, racism, nazism, breaking international law."

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus on fire View Post
              Even if you know how to speak English...

To be honest, the American anthem is one of the most difficult songs to sing... Christine Fan was born in Ohio and went to Harvard (her secondary school trainings were in Taiwan), so she's bilingual ... I know for a fact William Hung had also performed in NBA games but cannot find a youtube video.
              aim low, score high

Comment

Actually Coco Lee is another Chinese-American who have sung the national anthem in NBA games. I just listened to her rendition but I think Christine was the better singer.

Here's a Chinese song written/composed/sung/piano by Christine about their love many many many years ago. "Maybe Black(ie) will never understand, in this colorful world, I can only exist if you do." After 10 years of dating, "Black-White Match", as the song is called, is finally a reality, to the joy of millions in Asia.

Blackie Chen is perhaps best known to non-Chinese audience as the lead actor in this Christian-themed film:

But he was a professional basketball player which explains why he would propose on an NBA court. Chen was one of the best players for Chinese Taipei before tearing his ACL. He also played 1 year in Singapore. Despite entering showbiz he still does a lot for basketball. Last year he produced a documentary about the Taiwan Beer Basketball Team which he manages called "Attitude" (music by Fan). He's also close friends with Wang Zhizhi whom he met back in the 90's as players. He met Yi through Nike and I believe he will produce something with Yi this year.
                Last edited by sinobball; 02-26-2010, 04:41 AM.
                aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by bfpri View Post
                  LOL

dude you DO know she was born in Ohio and graduated from Harvard right

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                    LOL

dude you DO know she was born in Ohio and graduated from Harvard right
                    No, Hence my surprise..All her songs are in Chinese, so i didn't expect that...

Oh wow nice movie with Blackie..might want to see that sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus on fire View Post
                      lol.

Comment

Yi Jianlian sighting at the wedding in Taiwan, along with other A-listers such as Leehom Wang, Cecelia Cheung, Barbie Hsu etc as well as many local basketball stars.

I believe this is Yi's first non-athletic trip to Taiwan and while he stands out height-wise I guess many local stars didn't know who he was, which is sad. Imagine if Yao was there.

No royal wedding, but dozens of reporters were taping the wedding and Taiwan's President Ma Ying-Jeou even sent a letter congratulating the couple. Very respected pair.

Last edited by sinobball; 05-10-2011, 06:23 PM.
                        aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information