PDA

View Full Version : Europeans @ NBA draft 2010

Wu-Tang
02-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Having an overview of potential and plausible europeans to get drafted in the summer for an NBA team should be interesting to assemble in one single thread. This way users from all parts of europe can scan their own country markets and present somewhat realistic names on the table.

Speaking of Serbians, players that likely will consider registering for the 2010 draft given completing their seasons in good/decent fashions and stay injury-free:

Milan Macvan, 89' PF (205 cm ~115kg)--- KK Hemofarm
Boban Marjanovic, 88' C (222 cm, kg?)--- KK Hemofarm
Miroslav Raduljica, 88' C (213 cm 120kg)--- KK FMP Zeleznik
Nemanja Bjelica, 88' SF/PF (209 cm, 102kg) --- KK Crvena Zvezda Beograd

Serbian players with solid factual chances of ultimately being drafted all other things given:

Boban Marjanovic
Nemanja Bjelica

I am also aware of the fact that Donatas Motiejunas will almost surely get drafted.

Please feel free to supplement or object the listings. Looking forward to reading your analyses.

pablonis
02-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Draftexpress' 2010 mock draft predicts that:

Motiejunas will be 11th
Jan Vesely - 20th
Belarussian Artiom Parakhovski - 30th

Markoishvili
02-11-2010, 04:59 PM
I think Raduljica has much better chance to get drafted then Marjanovic. Bobi has size that`s all. He is injury prone and his game is not suited for fast-paced NBA.

elaj
02-11-2010, 05:01 PM
I think Raduljica has much better chance to get drafted then Marjanovic. Bobi has size that`s all. He is injury prone and his game is not suited for fast-paced NBA.Raduljica is fat-ass-slow-moving-old-school-European-towering center. :D If Raduljica can play in fast-paced NBA then Bobi can play too. As mentioned, Bobi's biggest problems are injuries and this could hurt his NBA or even European career.

Srle
02-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Raduljica is not slow center. Actually he's moving very well for his size. He's a Maurice Green compared for example to Marc Gasol. And Marc Gasol is killing it in NBA league:)

sixama23
02-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Having an overview of potential and plausible europeans to get drafted in the summer for an NBA team should be interesting to assemble in one single thread. This way users from all parts of europe can scan their own country markets and present somewhat realistic names on the table.

Speaking of Serbians, players that likely will consider registering for the 2010 draft given completing their seasons in good/decent fashions and stay injury-free:

Milan Macvan, 89' PF (205 cm ~115kg)--- KK Hemofarm
Boban Marjanovic, 88' C (222 cm, kg?)--- KK Hemofarm
Miroslav Raduljica, 88' C (213 cm 120kg)--- KK FMP Zeleznik
Nemanja Bjelica, 88' SF/PF (209 cm, 102kg) --- KK Crvena Zvezda Beograd

Serbian players with solid factual chances of ultimately being drafted all other things given:

Boban Marjanovic
Nemanja Bjelica

I am also aware of the fact that Donatas Motiejunas will almost surely get drafted.

Please feel free to supplement or object the listings. Looking forward to reading your analyses.

Macvan will probably be drafted next year not this one. As for the others, i think Bjelica and Radulica can be drafted at this year's second round.

Motiejunas is going to be the highest European drafter for 2010. Maybe he will be in the first 10 picks. Other Europeans that seems to be drafted in the first round are Czech forward Jan Vesely and German forward Elias Harris. Maybe Artsiom Parakhouski can be a first round pick. A Belarusian center who has a great season at Radford in the NCAA.

Surely a second round draft pick will be the Russian PG Alexey Shved. Other Europeans that have some chances of being drafted are Nemanja Bjelica (G/F-Serbia), Vladimir Dasic (F-Montenegro), Tim Ohlbrecht (F-Germany), Ludovic Vaty (F-France), Pablo Aguilar (F-Spain) and Miroslav Radulica (C-Serbia).

pohani komarac
02-12-2010, 06:45 PM
i hope they will stay few more years in europ. it's good for them, good for nba clubs and good for euro ball...from this guys metnioed above i don't think any of those are ready

by my opinion moteijunas, vesely, raduljica and bijelica has most "NBA potential":rolleyes:

I also hope Macvan with some miricle groves inch or two and becomes more athletic so he can demonstrate litle kids how basketball actually should be played in most popular league:D

Franz
02-12-2010, 11:07 PM
- A team with money will take Shved in the first round. All he needs is a workout and someone will fall in love with him.

- Aguilar has a good chance of making first round as well and possibly coming over immediately.

- Raduljica is too slow and will probably have hard time getting drafted (imo).

- Everyone else after them is irrelevant.

Toxicity
02-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Pietro Aradori...

robbe
02-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Vesely has the tools to become a real star on both sides of the atlantic. Great athleticism, jaw-dropping quickness for his size (2.11m/6'11ft), very good defender, high basketball IQ (great off-ball movement in particular), ballhandling, no reason why his jumpshot shouldn't improve with time. Also seems like a tough guy with nice work ethic. If he doesn't go in the lottery, many NBA clubs will regret it later.

Not so sure about Motiejunas anymore, mainly because of defense.

Alyosha12
02-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Vesely has the tools to become a real star on both sides of the atlantic. Great athleticism, jaw-dropping quickness for his size (2.11m/6'11ft), very good defender, high basketball IQ (great off-ball movement in particular), ballhandling, no reason why his jumpshot shouldn't improve with time. Also seems like a tough guy with nice work ethic. If he doesn't go in the lottery, many NBA clubs will regret it later.

Not so sure about Motiejunas anymore, mainly because of defense.

Definitely agree about Vesely. At least 2 or 3 times a game he does something that absolutely blows your mind and his shot has already improved this year and its only getting better. What really stands out with him for me is his aggressiveness and relentlessness which i love to see inplayers. Combine that with his astonishing athleticism, smarts and young age and you have yourself a real recipe for success.

Markoishvili
02-15-2010, 11:48 AM
One guy that hasn`t been talked about is Robin Benzing. He is pretty good. Also Elias Harris from Gonzaga plays for German NT.

robbe
02-15-2010, 06:13 PM
One guy that hasn`t been talked about is Robin Benzing. He is pretty good. Also Elias Harris from Gonzaga plays for German NT.
Harris would be foolish not to declare this year. Seems that everyone's pretty high on him, which I only partially understand. Has a lot of work to do to become a decent SF on the offensive end, all the hype is generated by his play on PF. And he's old ('89) for a college Freshman. A guy like Nicholas Batum is born '88 and will already have played one Euroleague and two NBA seasons by next summer.

I don't know if Tibor Pleiß ('89; 2.15m/7'1ft) has chances to be picked in the 2nd round, might be worth taking a risk on.

Benzing made a name for himself in Poland last year. A lot of playing time and double digit scoring in Germany this season for a weak team. Difficult to say what his best options are this summer.

xtf_no4
02-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Raduljica is apparently not interested in the NBA. At least that is what FMP coaching staff declared. He will sign with a major European Club next season.

Tim Ohlbrecht is automatically eligible this year so he may get drafted.

In France, Ludo Vaty may have a chance to get drafted as he is automatically eligible too.

Other 1988 born players that may have a chance: Stefan Markovic, Elmedin Kikanovic, Artem Zabelin, Adrien Moerman, Vladimir Dasic

Franz
02-15-2010, 10:55 PM
He already entered draft but this is the year Kosta Perovic should have came to NBA. Now, he's 24 and likely never going back to the league.

Srle
02-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Nice piece on Raduljica on Draftexpress. I guess he's not that slow player at all as you describe him here:) They have him as potential first round pick.

Wu-Tang
03-26-2010, 07:44 PM
- A team with money will take Shved in the first round. All he needs is a workout and someone will fall in love with him.

- Aguilar has a good chance of making first round as well and possibly coming over immediately.

- Raduljica is too slow and will probably have hard time getting drafted (imo).

- Everyone else after them is irrelevant.

What's special about Shved? Never seen him play. He did not get a chance at CSKA.

Raduljica is more likely to get drafted than the other two on your list. His value has risen lately and he is even mentioned as a frist round candidate in some debates.

Pietro Aradori...

Vague info on this player in nba draft talks. I doubt he will be drafted hence. Could you elaborate on his strenghts and shortcomings?

Other 1988 born players that may have a chance: Stefan Markovic, Elmedin Kikanovic, Artem Zabelin, Adrien Moerman, Vladimir Dasic

Neither will be drafted, maybe Dasic with significant amount of luck.

mbenga
03-27-2010, 05:07 AM

I don't think so, maybe a mid to late second.
Other than Vesely and motiejunas i'd be surprised to see any other euro drafted in the first round.
Bjelica, Radulica, Harris, Parakhovski, Aguilar and Dasic. Those are my bets for the 2nd round.

Srle
03-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Raduljica have good chance to get into the first round. Center position is weak in this Draft class and I really think he's the top center this year. Cole Aldrich is consider to be a lottery pick:confused: Only thing can hurt his chance in the first round is his unwillingness to play in the NBA. Also with the success of bunch of European forwards like Gallinari , Caspi and Jerebko ,Bjelica might have some outside chances to find himself in the first round also. I think he might also go undrafted because he's the late bloomer not many people are familiar with him.

Franz
03-27-2010, 05:46 PM
What's special about Shved? Never seen him play. He did not get a chance at CSKA.

Shved is the type of player NBA GMs go after. True, he hasn't played much basketball but his skillset is compatible with the NBA. If he can get a workout before the draft and perform well, he will have a guarantee in the first round from some team.

Most likely, he will be sent to the D-League to gain experience rather than return to CSKA. That makes the most sense since he's 21 and probably will never see time with CSKA.

Raduljica is more likely to get drafted than the other two on your list. His value has risen lately and he is even mentioned as a frist round candidate in some debates.

You're probably right given the low supply of big men.

Toxicity
03-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Vague info on this player in nba draft talks. I doubt he will be drafted hence. Could you elaborate on his strenghts and shortcomings?

Some infos on Aradori here (http://forums.interbasket.net/f15/pietro-aradori-12123/)

Wu-Tang
04-07-2010, 04:15 PM
This is ought to comprise the core of europeans:

Top 100 Players For 2010 NBA Draft, Version 1.0

By: Christopher Reina
RealGM.com Writer

9. Donatas Motiejunas, C: Benneton Treviso

13. Jan Vesely, PF: KK Partizan Belgrade

37. Nemanja Bjelica, SF: Red Star Belgrade

43. Tibor Pleiss, C: Brose Baskets

52. Miroslave Raduljica, C: Zeleznik

53. Artsiom Parakhouski, C: Radford

76. Ludovic Vaty, PF: Orleans

82. Mario Delas, PF: Zalgris

87. Pablo Aguilar, SF: Granada

31/3/2010

source (realgm): http://basketball.realgm.com/src_feature_pieces/887/20100331/top_100_players_for_2010_nba_draft_version_10/

Of course, there are differentiating views on draft positions. Feel free to update from other sources. One thing is certain, Boban Marjanovic is not being mentioned as a draft pick anymore.

No Greek or Slovenian high profile prospects?

Mojado
04-19-2010, 03:29 PM
According to this http://www.kicker.de/news/basketball/startseite/523865/artikel_Benzing-wagt-den-Sprung.html German Robin Benzing declared for this year's draft and is going to showcase his talent in Treviso.

l'emigrante
04-19-2010, 07:55 PM
I don't know if here it can be good to write two news regarding two European players who declares for NBA draft: Ryan Richards and Tomasz Nowakowski.

l'emigrante
04-19-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't know if here it can be good to write two news regarding two European players who declares for NBA draft: Ryan Richards and Tomasz Nowakowski.

Mindaugas Kuzminskas to enter in NBA draft too

Vonbatas
04-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Rising Lithuania basketball Mindaugas Kuzminskas participate this year NBA drafts. Player comment and more info.

http://www.krepsinis.net/m-kuzminskas-dalyaus-nba-naujoku-birzoje-139819.html

pohani komarac
04-20-2010, 12:04 AM
bojan bogdanovic declers for draft:mad: i hope this is just testing shoots

http://www.eurohopes.com/news/848/bogdanovic-declares-for-nba-draft/

c_d
04-20-2010, 09:13 PM
There are unconfirmed reports that Ryan Richards of GB will be joining the 2010 NBA Draft

http://www.hoopsfix.com/2010/04/ryan-richards-declares-for-nba-draft/

l'emigrante
04-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Tibor Pleiss (http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/7574/tibor_pleiss_to_enter_in_nba_draft.html) will be entering NBA draft

l'emigrante
04-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Rabaseda, Bircevic and Lukovic will be entering in NBA draft (http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/7579/rabaseda_bircevic_and_lukovic_enter_in_nba_draft.h tml)

Sam
04-24-2010, 08:13 AM
There are unconfirmed reports that Ryan Richards of GB will be joining the 2010 NBA Draft

http://www.hoopsfix.com/2010/04/ryan-richards-declares-for-nba-draft/

It's confirmed now, he has declared (though he could withdraw still). Should have a mini interview out this week...

Simonas123
04-24-2010, 08:20 AM
One of the top European prospects Donatas Motiejunas to participate in NBA draft: http://www.lithuaniabasketball.com/news-270-motiejunas-to-participate-in-nba-draft.html

Franz
04-24-2010, 07:54 PM
It hasn't been known yet but Antoine Diot is likely to declare. I think he could get drafted in the mid-second.

l'emigrante
04-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Jan Vesely won't enter in NBA draft

l'emigrante
04-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Bangaly Fofana enters in NBA draft

Iggypop
04-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Vesely decision is a real shocking one, after all he was projected as a lottery pick, which means sure money. Of course, in an ideal case for him, he will be a much better player at the end of the next season, but he wouldn't be the first one who fails. This year's draft was a sure bet for him, now he is taking the risk of an injury or sth. like that.

Tibor Pleiss choose the right time to deliver his best game of the year. In front of some scouts from Miami and Indiana he led his Brose Baskets with 20 points, 13 rebounds (7 off) and 3 blocked shoots to a win over Paderborn. I'm sure, if he decides to stay in the draft, he's gonna be a sure second-round pick, perhaps very early

Led00
04-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Vesely decision is a real shocking one, after all he was projected as a lottery pick, which means sure money. Of course, in an ideal case for him, he will be a much better player at the end of the next season, but he wouldn't be the first one who fails. This year's draft was a sure bet for him, now he is taking the risk of an injury or sth. like that.

IMO, he made the wright decision. Another year with Vujosevic may lead him to the great highs. And injury can happen everywhere... He could be in NBA and sit on a bench for 5 seasons and do nothing... This way, he play a lot more good games and will be excellent pick next season... Risk is smaller by staying

Iggypop
04-26-2010, 11:18 AM
IMO, he made the wright decision. Another year with Vujosevic may lead him to the great highs. And injury can happen everywhere... He could be in NBA and sit on a bench for 5 seasons and do nothing... This way, he play a lot more good games and will be excellent pick next season... Risk is smaller by staying

You don't get my point. If an (possible) injury comes after he gets drafted, he has not so much to worry bout it, with a multi-year contract in his hands (and guaranteed money). I'm not a pro when talking about draft but i think as a 10th pick, he would earn 2mil for at least two seasons. But just imagine what would happen if gets injured next season and would be sidelined for months..

Anyway, i'm still happy with his decision, he guarantees a higher level of competion in NLB

Franz
04-27-2010, 02:18 PM
This year's draft was a sure bet for him, now he is taking the risk of an injury or sth. like that.

He was also taking the risk of being an unprepared 20 year old playing in the NBA. We all know how that goes for young European players.

krikit
05-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Updated http://www.draftexpress.com/ mock draft has

#12 Donatas Motiejunas (LIT)
#23 Kevin Seraphin (FRA)

#33 Miroslav Raduljica (SRB)
#36 Artsiom Parakhouski (BLR)
#45 Alexey Shved (RUS)
#51 Robin Benzig (GER)
#53 Nemanja Bjelica (SRB)
#54 Vladimir Dasic (SRB)
#55 Pablo Aguilar (ESP)

being drafted. First time I'v seen Seraphin as a 1st round pick, would surprise me a bit though he much more of a NBA body then a guy like Anijca had.

pohani komarac
05-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Updated http://www.draftexpress.com/ mock draft has

#12 Donatas Motiejunas (LIT)
#23 Kevin Seraphin (FRA)

#33 Miroslav Raduljica (SRB)
#36 Artsiom Parakhouski (BLR)
#45 Alexey Shved (RUS)
#51 Robin Benzig (GER)
#53 Nemanja Bjelica (SRB)
#54 Vladimir Dasic (SRB)
#55 Pablo Aguilar (ESP)

being drafted. First time I'v seen Seraphin as a 1st round pick, would surprise me a bit though he much more of a NBA body then a guy like Anijca had.

dasic is montenegrian

Simonas123
05-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Kings, Lakers representatives watch Motiejunas play on Sunday. 12 pts, 7 rebs second in ranking in his team. Read the full story here: http://www.lithuaniabasketball.com/news-277-nba-scouts-head-over-to-see-motiejunas-play.html

l'emigrante
05-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Miami Heat and Suns (http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/7965/heat_and_suns_to_scout_kuzminskas.html) will be watching Kuzminskas tonight

mvblair
05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Kings, Lakers representatives watch Motiejunas play on Sunday. 12 pts, 7 rebs second in ranking in his team. Read the full story here: http://www.lithuaniabasketball.com/news-277-nba-scouts-head-over-to-see-motiejunas-play.html That Motiejunas kid is getting a lot of press on the internet.

Simonas123
05-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Report on Mindaugas Kuzminskas: Evaluating NBA prospect Mindaugas Kuzminskas (http://www.lithuaniabasketball.com/news-295-evaluating-nba-prospect-mindaugas-kuzminskas.html) Taken from LithuaniaBasketball.com (http://www.lithuaniabasketball.com)

That Motiejunas kid is getting a lot of press on the internet.

Well that probably has a reason then. Will be the drafted highest from all Internationals. At least he should be...

xtf_no4
05-11-2010, 01:43 PM
That Motiejunas kid is getting a lot of press on the internet.

he is from Lithuania and playing in Lithuania ;)