PDA

View Full Version : workers of the world - unite!

ziv
05-01-2006, 03:31 PM
1.5. does it still mean anything in your country? not much in israel today (and i'll say something about it later).
how bout the state? ever meant anything this date? and in reletavly red europe? or post comunist eastern europe?

YYY
05-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Despite the fact that I didn't have to go to school today, this date means nothing to me. :)

J-Mart
05-01-2006, 05:22 PM
International day of the worker

today... 95,000 workers are without job because the goverment ceased functions for the next 2 months because the country is bankrupt :)

The goverment is asking for a loan and a sales tax but the senators dont want to aproove the loan and they want a lower sales tax than the one the governor is asking

:cool: congratulation to those who work on the forum

23_for_life
05-01-2006, 06:19 PM
1ro de Mayo is big in Mexico (excuses not to go to work...hahahaha) goverment workes and most businesses don't open today.

I opened my business which is downtown and there is a big parade going on right now.

kestas
05-01-2006, 06:21 PM
1.5. does it still mean anything in your country? not much in israel today (and i'll say something about it later).
how bout the state? ever meant anything this date? and in reletavly red europe? or post comunist eastern europe?

it's a public holliday in Lithuania, though I personally think this is total boolsh*t. there were no cellebrations that I would be aware of..

rusher
05-08-2006, 07:51 PM
it's a public holliday in Lithuania, though I personally think this is total boolsh*t. there were no cellebrations that I would be aware of..

Same in Latvia but there's bigger russian minority so there were some who remembered soviet era and celebrated with USSR flags and symbolics.