Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the NBA jersey will be different in the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the NBA jersey will be different in the future?

the NBA jersey will be different in the future?
    I`m a Jersey girl and proud of it.
    sigpic

In terms of design, NBA teams tinker with their templates to maximize marketability.

Comment

Originally posted by LordOfLeyte View Post
      In terms of design, NBA teams tinker with their templates to maximize marketability.
      There are two ways to make profit: first is to add ads like in Europe and second is to make jersey look great and make people to buy it. I don't have a clue which is better, but in the future I am sure the jersey will have the ability to have a running flash ads and changing color. For example when Warriors will win a title in 2045, their jersey automatically will write CHAMPIONS!!! Of course it is science fiction - the Warriors will never win a title...

Comment

^^ But the warriors already won a nba champion
        Command me Confessor

Comment

lmfao

you sir are hilarious

Originally posted by Test View Post
          There are two ways to make profit: first is to add ads like in Europe and second is to make jersey look great and make people to buy it. I don't have a clue which is better, but in the future I am sure the jersey will have the ability to have a running flash ads and changing color. For example when Warriors will win a title in 2045, their jersey automatically will write CHAMPIONS!!! Of course it is science fiction - the Warriors will never win a title...
          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

There will definitely be changes. Even history rich teams aren't above it. The Celtics, who would never touch their home and road jerseys, have no problems with pandering via alternate jersey. Same with the Lakers and their white Jersey.

Also little differences are unavoidable, via textures, slight color alterations etc.

As for ads, that's the one thing in American sport that I never feel guilty saying that we are superior in. I just don't get how the rest of the world stands them.
            Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
              There will definitely be changes. Even history rich teams aren't above it. The Celtics, who would never touch their home and road jerseys, have no problems with pandering via alternate jersey. Same with the Lakers and their white Jersey.

Also little differences are unavoidable, via textures, slight color alterations etc.

As for ads, that's the one thing in American sport that I never feel guilty saying that we are superior in. I just don't get how the rest of the world stands them.

Well, the NBA is a global brand. And with people buying lots of jerseys which cost nearly a month's salary of what other people make in other countries, I doubt it would be a long time before there would be a need for sponsors.

As for US sports in general, MLS teams has ads bigger than their logos/ monickers printed on their jerseys as well as the Phoenix mercury with euroleague inspired jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                So true. Even worse is when a team becomes known by the name of the sponsor.
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

I hope the NBA never puts ads on their jerseys, personally I think the ads make the jerseys look tacky. Yah the WNBA's Mercury implemented it but they really needed the revenue.
                  Last edited by Chigusa; 01-17-2010, 04:29 PM.
                  http://BuckeyeBallers.Blogspot.com

Comment

Since this thread talks about jerseys

Bryant again reigns as NBA's most popular jersey

Posted Jan 20 2010 12:22PM

NEW YORK -- The Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant has retained the top spot on the NBA's Most Popular Jerseys list, the ranking he has held since the start of the 2008-09 season. The rankings are based on sales at the NBA Store in New York City and NBAStore.com since the start of the 2009-10 NBA season.

The Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James maintains the No. 2 spot, while the Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard and the Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose appear in the Top 5 for the first time. Howard makes a dramatic jump, moving from No. 10 to No. 3 on this year's list. Rose's popularity continues to grow and moves into the No.4 spot from No.11 last season. The Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade rounds out the Top 5.

Shaquille O'Neal makes his way back into the Top 10 for the first time since June 2008 at the No. 9 spot, while Kevin Durant re-emerges on the list for the first time since January 2008. Denver Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony also moved up the list from No. 15 to No. 11.

The Los Angeles Lakers once again top the list of Most Popular NBA Team Merchandise. The Boston Celtics hold on to the No.2 spot for the second year in a row while, the Cleveland Cavaliers move up from No. 4 last season to No. 3.

This season marks the fourth with adidas as the official oncourt uniform and apparel provider for the NBA. Below are the NBA's Most Popular Jersey and the Most Popular Team Merchandise lists.

Comment

NBA rocks

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information