What should we do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should we do???

what should we for Hedo Turkoglu to join back to national team??????????

A national team without Hedo!!!Damn it

we wouldnt kill you, this would kill us

I personally believe that the absence of Hedo will do good to the Turkish NT. Without him there will be less clash in the locker rooms and besides his contribution all these years has not been up to expectations. I personally would be more worried about Erdogan's absence.
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

i havent seen so much effort from hedo in past tournaments. if he comes thinkin he should've rest then it wont be different, better he stays away ,Turkish nt needs quality plyrz but also some order sacrifying players give themshelves to play %100 determination also imp. maybe this time we see more order, team knowing what to do etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
        I personally believe that the absence of Hedo will do good to the Turkish NT. Without him there will be less clash in the locker rooms and besides his contribution all these years has not been up to expectations.
        I agree with JCN, though I am not familiar with the dynamics of the Turkish team, I see Hedo's skill stongly leans on individual playmaking and not ball movment. Meaning that he isn't much of a team player. Turkey having him on their roster, they'll find themselves deferring to him too often, and IMO he isn't a strong enough player (as Nowitzki, Yao, or Gasol are) to carry a team. I just do not think he has the ability.

Stuart
        http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
        http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
        http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

I think Hedo had made some "mental" improvements in his attributes towards team-play concept in the last EC tournament, and I sincerely believed he was trying to contain himself from playing too selfishly. But his presence along with other "huge" egos like Kutluay, Türkcan and Tunçeri was enough to create many locker-room problems. Okur was part of the problem also, not due to his ego (Because he's very humble), but because of his reluctance in playing and lack of effort on the court.

Last year, Okur actually did not joined the NT. he was on the roster and with the team, but he was said to follow his own training schedule as instructed by his NBA trainer. And, when he was on the court, he did not spend any energy. What happened as a result? He had a very good NBA season (leading his team in points, rebounds, and games played). Pau Gasol also had a better season after resigning from the Spanish NT last summer. So, in my opinion, the improvements those players showed affected Hedo's decision. He had a very good late-season performance in the new formation of Magic, and he secured a starting SF position there. I think he wants more. Knowing his former speeches, I can say he wants to be a dominant player, just like some guys stuart mentioned above, and I'm sure he is dreaming about the "all-star" game. does he have the capacity? I believe so.

As for NT, I think we would be better with him (though most people here are still angry with him and Okur). But his absence gives our local players and the coaching staff a new opportunity: creating a low profile, hungry-for-success team, and this is what we need after some "very bad" tournaments in terms of team spirit, friendship, devotion, ambition etc.
          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information