Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Floyd Mayweather's adviser and Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer told Yahoo that they have declined promoter Bob Arum's final proposal for the drug testing methods to be brought to the Nevada Athletic Commission for them to decide next month. Arum, who promotes Manny Pacquiao, had set a Monday deadline for the offer to be accepted or declined, saying that if it was declined, he would begin negotiations for a fight between his fighter Manny Pacquiao and former IBF light welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi.

Mayweather and Golden Boy Promotions want blood testing to be done for both fighters randomly up until the fight. However, Pacquiao and his team want the blood testing to be conducted three times - once at the kick off, and then 30 days before the fight and the day after the fight.

“It does not make sense for this to become a commission matter," Schaefer said. "This is a contractual matter. The commission did not decide the weights or the purse split or how the foreign television rights would be sold. If this is Bob’s final ultimatum, then that’s what it is. That is his decision if he wants to take that position. I very much hope this fight can be made, but the reason it is at a standstill is because of the way they have handled things.”

Mayweather's adviser Ellerbe chimed in “Random is random. We are all intelligent people and we know what random testing is. That is what we want and it has not changed.”

Mayweathers camp wants blood testing both fighters with Pacquiao. It's simple drug test is urinal test that's a simple! And Mayweathers camp rejects Arum proposal for fighting with Pacquiao! HEY FLOYD YOU'RE SUCH A ---!!!!! YOU DON'T WANNA TO FIGHT PACQUIAO EVEN YOU EARN MORE BIG-BIG MONEY!!!! UNACCEPTABLE, Poor choices -Stuart FLOYD MAYWEATHER a.k.a. DON FLOYDMENCO

IF EVER I'M BOB ARUM, I'LL BAN MAYWEATHER JR. FIGHTING IN THE RING FOR LIFE!!!

I MESSAGE TO ALL BOXERS EXCEPT PACMAN, DON'T FIGHT MAYWEATHER ANYMORE!!!!

Watch Manny Macman vs. Don Floydmenco Jr.

Pacquiao as "Mac" on black tshirt, Mayweather as "Don Flamenco" on topless
    Last edited by stuart; 12-29-2009, 03:22 PM.

Floyd camp rejects Arum final offer

Floyd camp rejects Arum final offer

MANILA, Philippines - Hopes of salvaging the megafight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. are slim after American promoter Bob Arum’s”final counter offer” was quickly turned down by Mayweather’s chief adviser, Leonard Ellerbe, and negotiator, Richard Schaefer.

Arum, main man of Top Rank, had given the Mayweather camp until Monday (today in Manila) to decide on his final proposal that both parties let the Nevada State Athletic Commission to make the final decision on the blood tests issue.

According to Yahoo! Sports, Arum suggested that both sides explain to the NSAC why their “preferred (blood) testing system” should be used or followed, and let the Nevada body make the final decision.

Mayweather wanted an Olympic-style blood testing to be supervised by the United States Anti-Doping Agency. Under the set-up, both fighters should agree to as many as five blood and 12 urine tests - randomly.

Freddie Roach said it’s so random that that USADA can knock on your doors in the middle of the night to get blood or urine samples, in the weeks, days or just hours before the fight, and shortly afterwards.

Pacquiao’s camp said there’s no need for such, and has agreed to three blood tests (one on the first week of January, then 30 days before the match and another after the match, but was again unacceptable to Mayweather.

Arum made the offer of letting the NSAC to decide. And if the Mayweathers disagree, the Top Rank president said he could seal a Pacquiao fight with Paulie Malignaggi on March 13 “within an hour.”

Arum may find himself making the phone call when he wakes up Monday morning while vacationing in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico after Ellerbe and Schaefer literally thumbed down the final counter offer from Top Rank.

“Random is random. We are all intelligent people and we know what random testing is. That is what we want and it has not changed,” said Ellerbe.

“It does not make sense for this to become a commission matter. This is a contractual matter. The commission did not decide the weights or the purse split or how the foreign television rights would be sold.

“If this is Bob’s final ultimatum, then that’s what it is. That is his decision if he wants to take that position. I very much hope this fight can be made, but the reason it is at a standstill is because of the way they have handled things,” Schaefer said.

Pacquiao is vacationing with his family in Gen. Santos City and his adviser, Mike Koncz, said the 31-year-old superstar doesn’t want to make any further comment on the matter.

The other day, Schaefer said Mayweather can do away with the USADA, and it’s just a matter of both camps agreeing on the dates of the blood tests just to make sure that they’re still effective.

But that was the other day.

“We are prepared to have this handled in a way that is not us deciding or them deciding,” said Arum. “The commission meets on Jan. 19. Mayweather’s people can say why they believe additional testing above what we agreed to as necessary and we can give our viewpoint.

“Let the commission decide. If they come away and decide Manny needs to be blood tested every single [expletive] day, then we will go with that. This is the way to go to give this thing legitimacy. I hope they [Team Mayweather] see reason.” - By Abac Cordero (Philstar News Service, www.philstar.com)

Floyd Jr i think its time to get out of the closet
    you know why I am happy

Comment

Exactly. The Mayweathers, and their cowardice plus Golden Boy, and his pride have put the one of the biggest fights ever in jeopardy.

Because of the money involved i'd like to believe that this is all smokescreen and that the fight will push through.
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

am i the only one who thinks mayweather is right?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -K2- View Post
          am i the only one who thinks mayweather is right?
          I don't think there is a right or wrong with this. I actually don't like Mayweather (can't stand him) and would root for Pacquiao, but after reading the first three posts, maybe not.

Comment

I don't understand why Pacquiao does not want Olympic style testings which are more severe than those proposed by his staff... are they afraid of something?

If this fight happens - I am cheering for Money Mayweather.
            Last edited by elaj; 12-29-2009, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I don't like mayweather, i actually hate him. I really love pacman.
              His refusal for testing blood is at the very least suspect. BTW HBO's 24/7 shows that Pac Man was submitted for blood testing 24 days before the fight with hatton, which in my opinion further debilitates his argument about fear of needles, superstition, etc. I think his refusal to clear doubts by not submitting to the test is indefensible even by his more hardcore loyal fans.

Comment

Floyd Gayweather is freaking scared of Pacman. He's just saying that Pac takes roids because he doesn't want to fight Pac at aLL.

and that douchebag de la Hoya. He's been saying for a year that Pac's punches don't hurt!
                But now, he said that Pac's punches were like Mosley's.

Comment

Originally posted by LFGC79 View Post
                  His refusal for testing blood is at the very least suspect. BTW HBO's 24/7 shows that Pac Man was submitted for blood testing 24 days before the fight with hatton, which in my opinion further debilitates his argument about fear of needles, superstition, etc. I think his refusal to clear doubts by not submitting to the test is indefensible even by his more hardcore loyal fans.
                  Except for Mayweather Sr.'s big mouth, do they have any more (legitimate) ground on this accusation?

And, stop twisting the tales, Pacquiao actually is amenable to the testing. Just the timing of the fight (original demand was THREE freaking days before the bout)

And guess what, if Pacquiao should let go of Mayweather fight, so be it. He doesn't need it. His legacy as among the greatest is intact.

i don't know about Mayweather who manages this escape act, time and time again.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

IMO, if Manny agrees to the testing the Mayweather camp wants, it will make Pacquiao look like he is doing it just to please what Floyd wants.. It will make him look desperate to face Floyd.. And knowing the Mayweathers, they will make a laughing stock of Manny because of succumbing to what they want.. Who came up with the idea anyway? It's just recently that the whole boxing world wants him to take the test..
                    Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Comment

And Pacquiao's recent statements sum it all up:

‘Be Man Enough, Own Up to Your Words,’ Pacquiao Tells Mayweathers, Golden Boy Execs

SARANGANI, PHILIPPINES (Dec. 29) — Boxing’s pound-for-pound champion Manny Pacquiao became more incensed at Floyd Mayweather Jr., Floyd Sr. and executives of Golden Boy Promotions (GBP) for twisting facts and coming up with false statements that intended to cover up the mess that they created even as they put the blame on the Filipino and his team for the snag of talks to make the projected biggest fight in history from happening.

“I can’t believe these guys can lie without batting an eyelash and they would even make it appear that I am the culprit for the delay of the fight and saying that I don’t want it to happen,” said Pacquiao in Tagalog, as he released part of the information that he has been keeping—proof that Mayweather Jr. directly accused him of performance enhancement drugs (PED) use.

“Liars go to hell. They should be man enough and own up to their words,” said Pacquiao, as he recalled information that pointed out to Mayweather Jr. categorically stating that “the Philippines has the best (performance) enhancement drugs,” supporting what his father, Mayweather Sr. and his uncle Jeff Mayweather, have openly claimed in past interviews. They all claimed that Pacquiao was into some kind of “roids” (steroids) or has used other banned substances.

“It’s all over the internet. (Link: http://www.zshare.net/audio/676796581a1c2a9e/ listeners’ discretion is advised due to foul and harsh language). They all went on record and there is no denying as to who is lying or not,” added Pacquiao, who thinks he is becoming a victim of black propaganda with the intention of systematically besmirching, tarnishing and destroying his legacy as one of the best fighters of all time. In the audio recording, Mayweather linked him to drug use by maliciously stating that the Philippines is a producer of the best PEDs. “For including my country in the picture, claiming that we are producers of the best performance enhancing drugs, Mayweather and those who are guilty need to get punished, the sooner, the better, whether it be in the courts or in the ring.”

The now-famous Mayweather versus “RA, the Rugged Man” radio interview in October said it all about how Mayweather accused Pacquiao and the whole Filipino nation. Mayweather exploded at the 15:18 minute mark of the 21-minute interview. This transpired even before Pacquiao was to fight Miguel Cotto in November 2009.

Pacquiao reserved and kept other proof of defamatory statements made by other individuals, who will be charged later on in court. His legal team is readying materials in order to file a lawsuit soon. A lawsuit will be filed whether or not his fight with Mayweather will push through on March 13, 2010 in Las Vegas.

The Mayweather camp and Golden Boy Promotions, have required Pacquiao to undergo a new set of drug testing procedures other than those already required by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC).

“I want to put this on the record again, that I will abide by the NSAC requirements like in all of the fights in boxing history, including all of my fights,” said Pacquiao, who vehemently denied claims that he was against drug testing.

“In all my years of fighting, I have never tested positive for any steroids or performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) use. I will provide any specimen, whether it be blood or urine samples, just right after the fight but not a day or two before, for obvious reasons. That should stop these clowns from asking for other drug testing procedures other than the ones already required by the NSAC.”

On Monday, Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions issued a joint statement in order to set the record straight. “They claimed that I threatened to walk away from the largest fight in history. That's their first lie! Last week, I told Floyd Jr. to shut his big, pretty mouth and that we should fight so that the world will get to see who is the best fighter in the planet,” said Pacquiao.

The Mayweather-GBP release also stated: “Let it be very clear that nobody from Team Mayweather or Golden Boy Promotions is accusing Pacquiao of anything. But the reality seems to be that for whatever reason Pacquiao does not want to participate in random blood testing, which has already been deemed a harmless procedure that many current athletes are subjected to prior to and during competition.”

“Again, all we need to see are the other recorded transcripts of what they said in websites and blogs. It is a pity that Oscar “Golden Boy” Dela Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions should have been supporting me, too, because his company has a promotional stake in my career. They all say they got my back, but yes, they stab me, too, when I turn my back,” said Pacquiao. (PR)
                      But of course, people are jealous of Pacquiao's place in boxing history; of course they will try to discredit his accomplishments.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Mayweathers are mouth moron
                        ================================================== =========================================

Comment

As long as long as Mayweather doesn't have a championship belt around his waist, he's not worth a single drop of blood.

Comment

Originally posted by LFGC79 View Post
                            according to a local tv news program here ,..pacman finally agrees to drug test.... hmm,....

my opinion about the steriod issue,...

i was already following pacquiao as my boxing idol since his fight against nedal hussein,..year 2000... and that time he's been going through his career by his perseverance and hard work,... heart and love for the game,...and the desire to earn a decent living for him and his family,...9 years later,... this humble hero was accused of steriods,... for me guilty or not guilty,... I don't believe that it was pacquiao's intention,....he was a clean fighter since then and i strongly believe that this religious man cant to do such thing..., if manny pacquiao shall be guilty on that steriod thing,...the only people to blame were the people around him,..specially the one who supplies the supplements that the boxer was taking,... alex ariza....,...

PACQUIAO is INNOCENT/...
                            AKO ANG SIMULA!!! BABANGON ANG PILIPINAS!!!

Comment

I have been monitoring with gusto paying close attention to the developing negotiations between Boxing’s two best pound for pound fighters, I was surprised to learn that the principle terms to the contract were agreed upon so quickly and kind a weird. Early in the negotiation process, the purse split, the gloves, the ring size, the contract weight (all points that I expected would be contentious) were agreed upon like many boxing fans and media, expected a long, up-hill battle to get this fight made. When it looked like all there was to settle on was the venue of the fight, it seemed like it went too easy. I don’t know about anyone else, but the quickness with which it appeared to be shaping up almost took some of the luster off of the fight!

I can’t help but remember negotiations for Pacquiao vs. Hatton, where Hatton demanded a 50/50 split, finally forcing Pacman to acquiesce by threatening to walk away from the fight. Of course, that fight did extremely well on Pay-Per-View, and we all know what the outcome was. But to me, there was never any real hype leading up to that fight. Aside from the tiff that almost wrecked it altogether, there was really no reason for Hatton and Pacquiao to fight each other, except for that whole “Proving who is best at 140” idea. There was very little trash talk from either camp leading up to the event, and in fact, the fighters had nothing but respect for one another. All that being said, again, Pacman vs. Hatton did very well on PPV, although it was far from a record breaker. The promotion relied on the expectation that it would be a great fight because you had two face-first brawlers coming at each other inside the ring.

Yet of course everything was agreed upon, the negotiations running smoothly, everyone’s getting what they want and not asking too much. It looks like we’re getting the fight earlier than originally projected (March 13th as opposed to some time in May). And even though an arduous negotiation was expected, it seemed to all make sense. This would be the most hyped and anticipated fight since Leonard vs. Hearns I, and potentially the biggest money fight since Mayweather vs. De La Hoya, possibly shattering the records set by that event. Pacman and Floyd would both have to be complete ‘tards to screw this up! Right? WHOA, wait a minute! Mayweather is threatening to walk away from the fight if Manny Pacquiao doesn’t agree to Olympic-style drug testing. No pro boxing match (that this writer is aware of) has ever had Olympic-style drug testing in it’s contract. This would seem to make more sense if Pacquiao had, at some point in the past, tested positive or was suspected of using performance-enhancing drugs. But he has not. In fact, until this point in the negotiations for THIS fight, accusations of that kind were limited to whispers from guys like Paulie Malignaggi and Floyd Mayweather Sr. (whose fighter, Hatton, was erased in 2 rounds by Pacquiao). Aside from the fact that Pacquiao has never tested positive for any banned substance before or after a fight. A lot of people in the media, and a lot of boxing fans including myself are getting a wafting whiff of something fishy going on. But I don’t necessarily think this has anything to do with the accusations of Pacquiao taking PEDs. I think the fishiness has a lot to do with the hype of the fight.

Here’s my theory. At some point, everyone agreed to the terms of the contract, and everyone all but signed it. But before the announcement of the fight, the promoters (Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions) probably thought the event could use a little more hype and a little more anticipation. Think about this. Isn’t this whole drug testing fiasco making you lick your lips even more for this fight? Don’t you wish it would just get done already? Right now, isn’t everyone that cares about this (outside the fighters’ camps) wondering if this fight will ever happen? I think both fighters are clean, and I think both fighters and their respective handlers know this. With the proposed date of March 13 steadily approaching, the promotion teams don’t have the usual 4-6 months to build the hype needed for an ultra-mega fight such as this one. So they needed to do something unconventional to ‘invent’ some extra hype and anticipation. People, I think we’re being strung along.

I have to admit, this is pure speculation. And it really does hurt me to think that there are people out there who are buying into the suspicion toward Pacquiao, who has always proven himself to be an absolutely clean, hard-working, God-fearing pugilist. But if what I’m suggesting is true, we boxing fans have nothing to worry about. Not only will Mayweather vs. Pacquiao happen, but it will break Pay-Per-View and attendance records, and I have an inkling that the action in the ring the night of March 13th will absolutely live up to the hype we are currently being dragged through. And here is one final prediction: Both fighters will pass all drug tests administered before and after the fight.
                              Last edited by dreamwalker; 12-30-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information