Philippines' Fiba Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippines' Fiba Ranking

In the latest FIBA world rankings, the Philippines is way below the totem pole at No. 65. Only Indonesia, in a two-way tie for No. 71, is listed lower among the 16 teams now in Tokushima for the FIBA-Asia Olympic qualifiers.

The Philippines topped the recent SEABA Championships to gain a ticket to Tokushima and runner-up Indonesia also clinched a berth as the second entry from the FIBA-Asia sub-zone. Obviously, there is little regard in FIBA’s eyes for SEABA where Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam fall under.

The highest ranked FIBA team in Tokushima is No. 11 China.

Here are the world rankings of the other countries in the FIBA-Asia Olympic qualifiers – No. 23 Lebanon, No. 25 South Korea, No. 27 Qatar, No. 31 Japan, No. 37 Iran, No. 40 Chinese-Taipei, No. 44 Syria, No. 45 Kuwait, No. 47 India, No. 50 Hong Kong, Kazakhstan and Jordan (tied for No. 56) and No. 61 United Arab Emirates.

Only 73 countries were listed in FIBA’s latest world rankings with Madagascar at the bottom of the heap.

Originally posted by dreamwalker
    In the latest FIBA world rankings, the Philippines is way below the totem pole at No. 65. Only Indonesia, in a two-way tie for No. 71, is listed lower among the 16 teams now in Tokushima for the FIBA-Asia Olympic qualifiers.

The Philippines topped the recent SEABA Championships to gain a ticket to Tokushima and runner-up Indonesia also clinched a berth as the second entry from the FIBA-Asia sub-zone. Obviously, there is little regard in FIBA’s eyes for SEABA where Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam fall under.

Here are the world rankings of the other countries in the FIBA-Asia Olympic qualifiers – No. 23 Lebanon, No. 25 South Korea, No. 27 Qatar, No. 31 Japan, No. 37 Iran, No. 40 Chinese-Taipei, No. 44 Syria, No. 45 Kuwait, No. 47 India, No. 50 Hong Kong, Kazakhstan and Jordan (tied for No. 56) and No. 61 United Arab Emirates.

Only 73 countries were listed in FIBA’s latest world rankings with Madagascar at the bottom of the heap.
    RP ranked at 65th does not reflect their current performance in Asian level. In this latest FIBA ranking they are way behind by Chinese-Taipei(no.40), Syria(no.44) and Kuwait(no.45). Teams that they have beaten in recent tournaments. . . I would say, the real ranking RP would be No.38 after Iran(no.37). . .

Comment

Our ranking is due to our absence for 2 years....

Tha't why their is a need for RP to play in every game sanctioned by FIBA...

The sad thing is that we cannot send teams to higher invitational since we have not participated in some elimnations like under 18 due to suspension.. Hopefully we will be ranked higher after 2008 pa.. A long way to go..

Teams need higher ranking to be seeded in the tournament... Seeded team has a better chance since lower teams are not seeded and always landed against strong teams

Comment

same reason why the philippines is still a third world country ......................

POLITICS!!!

Comment

im surprised taipan/that fat bear hasn't responded yet.

with a topic line such as this, i thought they'd jump the gun
          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
            im surprised taipan/that fat bear hasn't responded yet.

with a topic line such as this, i thought they'd jump the gun

Lolz !
            "You think I enjoy babysitting you?"

Comment

ok lng yan!!!

we can't transform overnight..it will take a decade of pursuit of excellence, rankings will just follow
              It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
              I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldt
                same reason why the philippines is still a third world country ......................

POLITICS!!!
                off topic: PHI aint third world... its a NEWLY-INDUSTRALIZED COUNTRY...check wiki

FIBA ratings so inaccurate!
                NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

FIBA Rankings are based on the country's performance in FIBA Tournaments. Malaysia, although acknowledged as much weaker than RP is ranked ahead of us because of being SEA Games Champion. Even Kuwait, UAE and India are ahead because even if they're losing in FIBA Tournaments, they win some of them and they always send their true National Team (you earn points by placement (ranking in the tournament). RP participated in these FIBA Events courtesy of Graham &%#$*)! Lim with his "pirated National Team" and the 2-years ban cost us enough points that Malaysia, et.al. overtook us. Hopefully, we must not stop sending our true NT just for this Olympic qualifier but also in all FIBA-Sanctioned events where NTs are requested.
                  SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

FIBA rankings messed up and FIBA-Asia Final Four

Originally posted by dreamwalker

The rankings are all messed up. Why are Kuwait, India and HK rated above Kazakhstan and Jordan?

If the Philippines take 9th or 10th, it might go past No. 50 HK.

I think the semifinalists in Tokushima will be Iran, Jordan, South Korea, and Lebanon, with Japan as the darkhorse. With what it has shown so far, Iran might be second best in Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by pinoyballer
                      The rankings are all messed up. Why are Kuwait, India and HK rated above Kazakhstan and Jordan?

If the Philippines take 9th or 10th, it might go past No. 50 HK.

I think the semifinalists in Tokushima will be Iran, Jordan, South Korea, and Lebanon, with Japan as the darkhorse. With what it has shown so far, Iran might be second best in Asia.
                      I think Japan is the " Llamado " in this Tournament, with hostile crowd and having a Olympic Dream of their own.
                      ________
                      Vermont Marijuana Dispensaries
                      Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 01:00 AM.
                      Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Originally posted by JET007
                        off topic: PHI aint third world... its a NEWLY-INDUSTRALIZED COUNTRY...check wiki

FIBA ratings so inaccurate!
                        off-topic:

Philippines? NIC? that's a farse.
                        It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                        I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

The reason why we're 2 year suspended. Suspended kills Philippine team ranking points...

Comment

FIBA will most probably update their rankings after all the Continental Championships are completed and we'll definitely see us already ahead of all the Southeast Asian teams as well as Syria, Kuwait, UAE, India and Hongkong. That should be around the 41st to 45th places.

Comment

real level

I can't understand about Philippine National played in international competitions. Sometimes they do win against stronger teams and lose to weaker teams. Coach Chot Reyes I don't know what's his mind. The establish in defense doesn't click.(Puro paulit-ulit pinuntahan mga depensa nila. For me I watched playing the New Philippine National Team it's 35% real Filipino level...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information