It's time to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to work

Congratulation to everyone, we will play in the World Championship for the third straight time, thanks to everyone that helped, to all the Lebanese fans that mailed FIBA, that joined the group on Facebook, that never stopped to believe that we could do it, thanks to Mr. Hariri that payed the money due, and thanks to everyone else who made this possible.

I was from the people who didn't believe that we will qualify, but once again Lebanon proved me wrong, and this is what I love about this country, is that we can outgrow ourselves in moment like these. Even if we failed to qualify on the basketball courts, we manged to do so in the backstage.

We are now in the ideal position, moral is high, our league just started, everything is ready for us to prepare.

Now it's time to work, it's a little miracle that we are here, but yet we are, and we have a chance to restore and develop basketball to a whole new level.

It's time to all unite, behind the flag, I was never a fan of Mr Kakhia, nor his federation, but it's not the time to criticize him. It's not time to bash anyone, it's time where every one must sit together and work for our national team. This wild card is not a victory of anyone over anyone, it's not a victory for Kahkia over Abi Abdallah or Sarkis or Mchantaf or anyone. Sarkis has been a great Lebanese coach, whether you liked him or not, he must be listened to.
    We need all the player to understand that they are playing for Lebanon, and not for their names (Fadi and Brian )
    We need everybody on board for this trip, and everybody rowing in the same direction.

The priority now is nominating a good, capable coach (Not Draga Raca please), in order to start working early. And not at the last second like we did for the past years.The last Asian Championship was a pure fiasco for our national team, I hope we learned from our mistakes and it won't happen again.

Laziz you rock,thanks for the thread.
    Well Lebanon is Lebanon,a small country with huge abilities...Love you Lebanon

Yes its time to sit together and discuss all the obstacles,its time to prepare the team in the right way without wheeling and taking quick decisions.

The Lebanese flag is our duty,the Lebanese fans are the responsibility of this federation don't disappoint them!
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Comment

Spot on Laziz
      I really believe our NT can offer so much more than it had in the last Asian Championship cuz we weren't playing our best and luck and other factors were not on our side.
      We need to take full advantage of this opportunity cuz it's not everyday that u get the chance to be selected as a wild card.
      Let's show the world that we truly deserve to be playing in the World Championships

We need to take this event very seriously and be fully prepared. No excuses this time. Our FLBB should place maximum priority for our NT and start preparing a full schedule from now about how we can start preparing for this WC. I hope all our players can regroup together cuz I don't think we can have a better NT than the one we had but we need to really work on team chemistry and playing in as much friendly tournaments as possible to be fully prepared. I hope we can get a good budget to be able to have good training camps outside Lebanon and play against better teams to see where our weaknesses are and how to work on improving them.

Comment

Congrats Lebanon, wildcard totally deserved.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Laziz great thread man you made it clear: It's time to work.
          We have a hugeeeeeeeeeee list of great players that the new coach would have to select from, I guess a good coach, big budget, early preparation are the first steps now.
          And as you said Laziz, Sarkis and everyone should form a committee to help the new coach and the federation.
          Or why don't we have as the Dream Team a staff of big coaches to be assistant coaches ( I doubt any of our coaches would accept such a job even if it was for the name of Lebanon since their ego won't let them do so ).

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
            Congrats Lebanon, wildcard totally deserved.
            Thx

Comment

Originally posted by kerdito View Post
              Or why don't we have as the Dream Team a staff of big coaches to be assistant coaches ( I doubt any of our coaches would accept such a job even if it was for the name of Lebanon since their ego won't let them do so ).
              It would be a great idea, but as you said their ego won't let them do it.

But still it can be done without them, I think we should go with 2 or 3 assistant coaches from the new waves, like Marwan Khalil, Jad Fattouh, Patrick Saba, the guys are young, talented, and would do a great job.

Comment

I have like a plan (Concerning the coaches) , i would like to see the federation working on it

Senior NT : its really a tough choice but Elias Zouros is a good choice and his personality might be needed, i would also like to see Mario Palma but he's under a contract with the Jordanian Federation.

Youth NT : Pat Schoemers? why not ? everyone sees his work with Hoops and the young players are in serious need for such coaches to teach them how to play defense and he's not expensive i think!

Female NT : Elie Nasr succeed last year and maybe the federation will like to keep him but if not bring Rizkallah Zalaoum back!
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

Elias Zouros is not good concerning offense tactics. He kills the ball movement he does not like 3s. On defense , he only uses man to man.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUqpCqw_KI

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                    I have like a plan (Concerning the coaches) , i would like to see the federation working on it

Senior NT : its really a tough choice but Elias Zouros is a good choice and his personality might be needed, i would also like to see Mario Palma but he's under a contract with the Jordanian Federation.

Youth NT : Pat Schoemers? why not ? everyone sees his work with Hoops and the young players are in serious need for such coaches to teach them how to play defense and he's not expensive i think!

Female NT : Elie Nasr succeed last year and maybe the federation will like to keep him but if not bring Rizkallah Zalaoum back!
                    I would really like to see Mindauguas coaching the NT or head of a youth Program for Lebanese Basketball with all the experience he has I guess he can take us to the next level of Basketball with the right help and enough budget and support and Dany how about a committee than can handle the youth program that might include Mindauguas, Shommers, Abbaz and some Lebanese young coaches.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information