Asian teams in 2010 FIBA World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian teams in 2010 FIBA World Championship

this thread is made for all the asian teams that will be participating in turkey next year after lebanon got the wild card to discuss everything related to their team participation in the wc. good luck to china,lebanon,iran and jordan in the 2010 wc, lets make a good impression and deliver a good image to the world about our asian basketball.

::: Good Luck to Asia in the Next Edition of World Championship , am Optimistic that we will change the World's Idea about our Basketball Level , But unfortunately all what we Look for is passing the First round !!!!

Comment

The question is, can 4 teams win more than 4 games??

2006 WBC - 4 Asian Teams, Games won: 5 (Lebanon 2, China 2, Japan)
      2002 WBC - 2 Asian Teams, Games won: 1 (China)
      1998 WBC - 2 Asian Teams, Games won: 1 (Japan)
      1994 WBC - 2 Asian Teams, Games won: 5 (China 2, Korea 3)
      aim low, score high

Comment

Lebanon will suprise everybody and im sure of my comments!
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
          Lebanon will suprise everybody and im sure of my comments!
          we always rely on what u say dani
          Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

I wish that asian teams shows their best in Turkey.. I wish Yao Ming comes Back .. China should turn back as before... I hope Iran level stays as it was in Asia... Jordan and Lebanon big questions!! what they are going to do...

I wish Lebanon will gather their best players from local and abroad and make a good team... world championship is differrent than Asia..

This coming championship would be the strongest I assume
            All teams are to be well prepared and good luck for all of them

Comment

Goodluck to Lebanon, Iran, China and Jordan in their WC participation. I'm counting on them in 2010 in Basketball.

While goodluck to Japan, North Korea, South Korea and Australia for Football 2010 as they will need it in response to their groupings alongside favorites to win it all.

Comment

Asia in FIBA 2010

Group A: Jordan stands no chance vs Argentina, Serbia, Australia and Germany. Angola they got some chance. But very very little.

Prediction: 0 wins for Jordan

Group B:Iran stands no chance vs USA, Slovenia, Brazil and Croatia. ASIA's best chance of a win is Iran vs Tunesia.

Prediction: 0 or 1 win for Iran

Group C: China stands no chance vs Russia,Pureto ricko, turkey and greece. And their best chance is vs ivory coast. As we saw in fiba asia 2009, Without Yao Ming China is weaker.And their guards arent top level.

Prediction: 0 or 1 win for China

Group D:
                Lebanon stands no chance vs France, Canada, Lithuania,new zealand and Spain. By recent friendly tests You can see new zealand is no easy shit. I think out of all Asian teams Lebanon got the toughest group to get a win from.. because they didnt drew any african team. New zealand is showing great performances in recent tournaments.

So. I think Asia's chances are vs Ivory coast (china) and Tunisia(iran) to record wins.The rest will be losses. Then I think in overall ranking Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia and Iran will come out last. Ivory coast, China, Angola and New zealand to battle for spots from 17 - 20.

Comment

Originally posted by filipino View Post
                  Group A: Jordan stands no chance vs Argentina, Serbia, Australia and Germany. Angola they got some chance. But very very little.

Prediction: 0 wins for Jordan

Group B:Iran stands no chance vs USA, Slovenia, Brazil and Croatia. ASIA's best chance of a win is Iran vs Tunesia.

Prediction: 0 or 1 win for Iran

Group C: China stands no chance vs Russia,Pureto ricko, turkey and greece. And their best chance is vs ivory coast. As we saw in fiba asia 2009, Without Yao Ming China is weaker.And their guards arent top level.

Prediction: 0 or 1 win for China

Group D:
                  Lebanon stands no chance vs France, Canada, Lithuania,new zealand and Spain. By recent friendly tests You can see new zealand is no easy shit. I think out of all Asian teams Lebanon got the toughest group to get a win from.. because they didnt drew any african team. New zealand is showing great performances in recent tournaments.

So. I think Asia's chances are vs Ivory coast (china) and Tunisia(iran) to record wins.The rest will be losses. Then I think in overall ranking Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia and Iran will come out last. Ivory coast, China, Angola and New zealand to battle for spots from 17 - 20.
                  I'll give Lebanon a 50-70% chance to beat New Zealand.. the current head coach of Lebanon (Tab Baldwin) was the very guy who coached NZ to the World Champs semis in 2002.. he knows how they play, he knows some of the players' weaknesses, and I wouldn't be surprise if he knows how to beat them... I've been watching and following New Zealand basketball for the last 8 years, all their opponents need to do.. to shut them down is to isolate Kirk Penney... once he's out, even the Philippines can beat the Tall Blacks..

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donmar View Post
                    I'll give Lebanon a 50-70% chance to beat New Zealand.. the current head coach of Lebanon (Tab Baldwin) was the very guy who coached NZ to the World Champs semis in 2002.. he knows how they play, he knows some of the players' weaknesses, and I wouldn't be surprise if he knows how to beat them... I've been watching and following New Zealand basketball for the last 8 years, all their opponents need to do.. to shut them down is to isolate Kirk Penney... once he's out, even the Philippines can beat the Tall Blacks..
                    Good point Donmar. New Zealand is our best chance in the group. Canada is playing some really good basketball in their exhibition games (beating France twice) even though I have a hunch that the French are hiding something especially since they're both with us in the same group.
                    I prefer not placing any predictions since I still don't even know how our final roster will end up like.
                    Anyways all the action starts in less than 2 weeks.
                    Can't wait to go to Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                      Good point Donmar. New Zealand is our best chance in the group. Canada is playing some really good basketball in their exhibition games (beating France twice) even though I have a hunch that the French are hiding something especially since they're both with us in the same group.
                      I prefer not placing any predictions since I still don't even know how our final roster will end up like.
                      Anyways all the action starts in less than 2 weeks.
                      Can't wait to go to Turkey

It wouldn't hurt reminding France what happen in 2006

sigpic

Comment

easily the tall blacks resurgence in world because because of a guy named kirk penney and being in oceania zone I still remember new zealand participating in jones cup in 5 years time they will be a constant fixture again
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

For a lot of teams , they r going to Turkey maybe for tourism , maybe for experience , but for us it's not the case.This is our 3rd stint at the World Championship and we have already experienced this level.

Although that our chances may not seem to be high , but in my opinion our team can upset 2 or 3 teams if we were at our best level . The team is really talented , chemistry is there , no problems btw the players like last year and the most important thing is " setting the objectives".

We set 2 objectives , the first to qualify and the 2nd to prepare for a team for next year's Asian Championship.

Days will tell anyway , in case of loosing it's not something surprising and in case of winning we will be proud of our team.
                          Proud to be Lebanese
                          www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                            For a lot of teams , they r going to Turkey maybe for tourism , maybe for experience , but for us it's not the case.This is our 3rd stint at the World Championship and we have already experienced this level.

Although that our chances may not seem to be high , but in my opinion our team can upset 2 or 3 teams if we were at our best level . The team is really talented , chemistry is there , no problems btw the players like last year and the most important thing is " setting the objectives".

We set 2 objectives , the first to qualify and the 2nd to prepare for a team for next year's Asian Championship.

Days will tell anyway , in case of loosing it's not something surprising and in case of winning we will be proud of our team.

Ball is round remember when ur NT beat France and Venezuela in last WC
                            China beats Slovenia in a dramatic passion
                            so anything can happen in the WC.
                            sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

To my fellow Asians, we must show to the basketball powers of the world that we can match up against them. We must prove to them that we're not pushovers. Bring the Asian Pride to FIBA WC!
                              Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information