PDA

View Full Version : Best Center originated from europe

Wu-Tang
11-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Are the NBA centers better than Pekovic & Co? You decide.

Nowitzki for my account. Biedrins No. 3.

rikhardur
11-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Pau Gasol by far. Nowitzki is not a C.

Wu-Tang
11-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Nowitzki is a PF/C. And yes, he mostly plays PF. Thus, if we treat Nowitzki as PF/C, he can fall into this category as well.:)

robbe
11-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Dirk and Bargnani shouldn't be on that list imo. Bargnani might play at the side of Bosh, that doesn't make him a center. On any team with a true center, he would be PF. Dirk is a pure PF as well. You can include player that in tall or smallball lineups might appear on a certain position - out of position in fact - , but I don't think that makes sense.

Pau is the most skilled and efficient lowpost scorer in the world, Eurobasket and NBA Playoffs cemented that status on these two levels.

Pekovic is at the beginning of his journey. Still has a lot of weaknesses in his game.

Wu-Tang
11-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Dirk and Bargnani shouldn't be on that list imo. Bargnani might play at the side of Bosh, that doesn't make him a center. On any team with a true center, he would be PF. Dirk is a pure PF as well. You can include player that in tall or smallball lineups might appear on a certain position - out of position in fact - , but I don't think that makes sense.

Pau is the most skilled and efficient lowpost scorer in the world, Eurobasket and NBA Playoffs cemented that status on these two levels.

Pekovic is at the beginning of his journey. Still has a lot of weaknesses in his game.

If we are to apply prescribed standards, then we shall find only two pure centers on the list. By pure I assume you are refering the the source meaning of the word. These two would then be M.Gasol and Pekovic.

Alyosha12
11-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Damn, id didn't see you actually put Lorbek in there, can i change my vote to him?
I am sorry i am a homer but i feel he is simply the best C, he is smart he can pass he can score with his back to the basket, face up players, has a sweet hook shot, can hit it from mid range and from the 3 with consistency, plays solid defense, and is great at getting to the line.
The only minus with him is he is not very athletic and gets blocked sometimes because of it but thats it.

robbe
11-11-2009, 09:44 PM
If we are to apply prescribed standards, then we shall find only two pure centers on the list. By pure I assume you are refering the the source meaning of the word. These two would then be M.Gasol and Pekovic.
Why? Pau, Pekovic and Biedrins are legit centers, and Lorbek can really play both positions. It's not the same as Dirk and Bargnani, two real faceup-forwards.

Straight forward
11-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Ilgauskas isn't even in the list? I know the guy isn't popular in European forums, but I'm afraid he's still better than anyone of current Euroleague centers...

While Pau is without competition No. 1. And Dirk with Bargniani isn't centers. I would even question the opinion that they are pure PF, while I think pure PF players are like Reyes and Scola type of players.

Pistol Pete
11-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Pau Gasol is the best European player who mostly plays in the paint. Nowitzki is tall, but he plays like a shooting guard :D

Victorious
11-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Gasol. Followed by AK47.

Wu-Tang
11-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Why? Pau, Pekovic and Biedrins are legit centers, and Lorbek can really play both positions. It's not the same as Dirk and Bargnani, two real faceup-forwards.

Alright. Lets label this poll as failure due to significant criticism pointed towards its content from several posters.

For a next time the specifications and background of a similar initiative will hopefully be outlayed more concrete in order to facilitate its understanding.