25 players list - Alternative.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 players list - Alternative.

As I already expressed numerous time on this topic, I think the 25 level A player rule is very stupid, simply because it's based on nothing, and I don't see any purpose for it
    Why are those 25 player chosen, for which attributes, and why a team can't have a strong squad are question left to be answered.

I think a good alternative, is to implement a rule for homegrown players. By homegrown, I mean players that were developed by the club. Example. every team should have 5 homegrown players in their squad, and 5 other players.

This rule would be a very good thing for our league for many reasons:

- This will force team to build on the longterm,
    - Develop the basketball academies of the clubs (better academies = better players = better league)
    - Give the young player time to develop into better players, and not cut them as soon as they turn 20.
    - Create an equilibrium in the league, without forbidding top teams to strenghen their squads.

What do you think of such a rule, do you think it would benifit Lebanese basketball, do you think its a better alternative for the 25 Level A players list ?

I totally Agree !!!
    Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Laziz View Post
      As I already expressed numerous time on this topic, I think the 25 level A player rule is very stupid, simply because it's based on nothing, and I don't see any purpose for it
      Why are those 25 player chosen, for which attributes, and why a team can't have a strong squad are question left to be answered.

I think a good alternative, is to implement a rule for homegrown players. By homegrown, I mean players that were developed by the club. Example. every team should have 5 homegrown players in their squad, and 5 other players.

This rule would be a very good thing for our league for many reasons:

- This will force team to build on the longterm,
      - Develop the basketball academies of the clubs (better academies = better players = better league)
      - Give the young player time to develop into better players, and not cut them as soon as they turn 20.
      - Create an equilibrium in the league, without forbidding top teams to strenghen their squads.

What do you think of such a rule, do you think it would benifit Lebanese basketball, do you think its a better alternative for the 25 Level A players list ?
      the 25 players rule isn't optimal its a neccesary thing, because getting all the players in 1 team is hurting the league. however there must be addition of some players in muttahed like fahes,bawji,bitar,hawchar,lakkis because they have high level. so to get this list more credible and making balance between teams. same for riyadi, they want to have freije and vogel next year. there will be storms if protest next season,i can see it coming, they should add akl to that list too.

as for your idea i don't think it will work, homegrown ? man those clubs dont even want age championship, did you forget the 3 general assembly with no quorum? they all want finished product, or get overseas talent,..this idea is better but it needs real experts and not some coaches like gs,fac,zaloum. to pick between them the names..it needs some experts from Fiba to come and choose these players.

Comment

My critics on the Level A list, is that it's based on nothing, how did they chose them, why those players, on which criteria they made the list. If they told me that every team can have a maximum of 3 players of the last Lebanese National team, I might get it. If they told me any team can have only 5 players from a list, based on their efficiency, I might get it, but I don't understand how did they create such a non sense list.

As for my Idea, I second you, it's not easy at all to implement, and it can't be done for the next season, you have to give the teams time to prepare for it. I know that the youth championship had a lot of problems this past year, but this can't continue, without youth basketball, there is simply no future basketball.

Comment

25 players list is a very good idea. but they should have picked the best 25 players and teams should not have more than 3 players of this list on there team.

Such an idea will have a great effect on our league if it is implemented correctly and not the way they are doing it now.

Comment

Nice idea Laziz but for sure it needs lot of discussions and preparations.
            Such decisions will oblige the teams to keep their eye on their youth teams specially that most of the D1 teams unfortunately are not giving attention to the youth categories.

In fact,the 25 players list is not bad if the players were chosen carefully and not randomly!
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

I would like to revive this thread now even if some will consider it an inappropriate timing because we should focus ONLY on the NT. I don't share this opinion at all because I am sure none of the professional clubs and federations in the world stopped recruiting and planning to focus only on the NT.

Moreover, I believe that a competitive league is very essential for the NT's mission next summer and for the lebanese basketball on the long term and I dont give a damn about the clubs arab cup (+++) and asian one at least for next season.

The 30 players list was a fine experience but we should learn from it and make adjustments to improve it.

The major weak point of this list is that there is big level discrepancies between the 30 players. What I suggest is making 2 lists: A composed of the 12 NT players minus Vroman and Freijeh (because they can't play as locals at the current time) plus 5-6 good players who couldn't make it to the NT like Sabah Khoury, Omar Turk, Bassem Balaa, Brian... and a B list composed of 30 players.

Every team can have a maximum of 3 players from the A list and 5 from the B list in addition to at least 5 U20 players among the 15 officially registered players.

I think that such a proposal will spread the players more among the clubs, give most of them bigger chances to play, create a fierce competition between 4-5 clubs (especially that several teams seem to be ready to have good budgets). It will also reduce the influence of budgets size and $$$ and make clubs rely on their technical management (players and imports selections, coach's tactics, preparations...) to make the difference.

Comment

why would be the timing inappriopraite?
                in my opinion , NT and league must be separated now and there should a comittee within the federation working on the league for next year.

Although this thread is dedicated for one issue , i'd like to express my opinion about the way we should start the league :

1- Starting League in October (if the NT is playing in the Asian games , November then)

2- keeping the level A list but reducing the number from 25 to 15.

3- Allowing 1 more foreign player on the bench (if not in the regular season , let it be in the playoffs)

4- A fixed schedule , and LBC back on air.

Those are the temporary ideas that should be used for now , but for the coming years we have to change the whole system with new pro ideas.
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

LBC lost a lot of followers. MTV is going up i prefer if it broadcast the league instead of LBC. They are more professional and i am sure they wont cut the game just for the sake of any music show.

Moreover if such plan must work big companies (like panasonic ...) should sponsor our teams in a way that they will be winning money from broadcast, advertisement, entrance, T-shirts, kermess,.... but this needs time because it's not easy to return back to 1999 where everyone used to talk about basketball. In this case players will train more, the list will grow, abroad players will play in lebanon and they can use a 3rd foreigner in the play offs or final 4.
                  Last edited by leb-basket; 07-31-2010, 08:43 AM.
                  Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

Originally posted by leb-basket View Post
                    LBC lost a lot of followers. MTV is going up i prefer if it broadcast the league instead of LBC. They are more professional and i am sure they wont cut the game just for the sake of any music show.

Moreover if such plan must work big companies (like panasonic ...) should sponsor our teams in a way that they will be winning money from broadcast, advertisement, entrance, T-shirts, kermess,.... but this needs time because it's not easy to return back to 1999 where everyone used to talk about basketball. In this case players will train more, the list will grow, abroad players will play in lebanon and they can use a 3rd foreigner in the play offs or final 4.
                    i didn't watch the lebanese cup on mtv. but i heard that they are classifing the teams by religion when they are commentating

exemple: sagesse the christian club
                    ASIA 2011 CEDARS ARE COMING

Comment

Originally posted by wilo22 View Post
                      i didn't watch the lebanese cup on mtv. but i heard that they are classifing the teams by religion when they are commentating

exemple: sagesse the christian club
                      the lebanese league is made for LBC and LBC only and with it shall remain for now.the commentating on the lebanese cup was horrendous and amateurish!!!

Comment

Please the topic isn't about MTV and LBC! The title of the thread is very clear!

Comment

Originally posted by lebanese NT View Post
                          the lebanese league is made for LBC and LBC only and with it shall remain for now.the commentating on the lebanese cup was horrendous and amateurish!!!
                          I am talking about broadcasting, they can still get ghayath dibra ....
                          Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

I'd like to illustrate my proposal with a random example so that you can imagine how the teams and competition will look like!

Rules:
                            - 3 players/team max from list A
                            - 4 players/team max from list B
                            - 5 U20 players/team min

List A (15 players):

1- Ali Mahmoud
                            2- Omar Turk
                            3- Jean Abdelnour
                            4- Joe Vogel
                            5- Fady Khatib
                            6- Elie Stephan
                            7- Ghaleb Reda
                            8- Elie Rustom
                            9- Bassem Balaa
                            10- Roy Samaha
                            11- Ali Kanaan
                            12- William Phares (If he has the Lebanese ID)
                            13- Sabah Khoury
                            14- Rony Fahed
                            15- Brian Bechara

List B (30 players):

1- Rodrigue Akl
                            2- Hussein Tawbeh
                            3- Ali Fakhreddine
                            4- Mohammad Brahim
                            5- Rami Akiki
                            6- Bassel Bawgi
                            7- Jad Bitar
                            8- Anthony Yammine
                            9- Amir Saoud
                            10- Mohammad Hamdar
                            11- Karl Sarkis
                            12- Miguel Martinez
                            13- Nadim Hawi
                            14- Joe Ghattas
                            15- Nadim Souaid
                            16- Patrick Bou Abboud
                            17- Walid Zakhia
                            18- Jihad El Murr
                            19- Elie Kassouf
                            20- Simon Daoud
                            21- Roudy Farraj
                            22- Yervant Avakian
                            23- Marwan Zyadeh
                            24- Charbel Sokhn
                            25- Marwan Hajj
                            26- Mazen Mneymneh
                            27- Dany Barhoum
                            28- David Der Yeghyayan
                            29- Mohammad Fahes
                            30- Anis Feghali

Random distribution of players according to the quotas listed above:

10 players from list B will remain to be divided among the other teams.

Every team can add 1 player from outside the lists (Lebanese from abroad who has the ID, other players who play in Lebanon…) and 5 U20 players.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                              I'd like to illustrate my proposal with a random example so that you can imagine how the teams and competition will look like!

Rules:
                              - 3 players/team max from list A
                              - 4 players/team max from list B
                              - 5 U20 players/team min

List A (15 players):

1- Ali Mahmoud
                              2- Omar Turk
                              3- Jean Abdelnour
                              4- Joe Vogel
                              5- Fady Khatib
                              6- Elie Stephan
                              7- Ghaleb Reda
                              8- Elie Rustom
                              9- Bassem Balaa
                              10- Roy Samaha
                              11- Ali Kanaan
                              12- William Phares (If he has the Lebanese ID)
                              13- Sabah Khoury
                              14- Rony Fahed
                              15- Brian Bechara

List B (30 players):

1- Rodrigue Akl
                              2- Hussein Tawbeh
                              3- Ali Fakhreddine
                              4- Mohammad Brahim
                              5- Rami Akiki
                              6- Bassel Bawgi
                              7- Jad Bitar
                              8- Anthony Yammine
                              9- Amir Saoud
                              10- Mohammad Hamdar
                              11- Karl Sarkis
                              12- Miguel Martinez
                              13- Nadim Hawi
                              14- Joe Ghattas
                              15- Nadim Souaid
                              16- Patrick Bou Abboud
                              17- Walid Zakhia
                              18- Jihad El Murr
                              19- Elie Kassouf
                              20- Simon Daoud
                              21- Roudy Farraj
                              22- Yervant Avakian
                              23- Marwan Zyadeh
                              24- Charbel Sokhn
                              25- Marwan Hajj
                              26- Mazen Mneymneh
                              27- Dany Barhoum
                              28- David Der Yeghyayan
                              29- Mohammad Fahes
                              30- Anis Feghali

Random distribution of players according to the quotas listed above:

10 players from list B will remain to be divided among the other teams.

Every team can add 1 player from outside the lists (Lebanese from abroad who has the ID, other players who play in Lebanon…) and 5 U20 players.

What do you think?
                              good idea. but i think you have to remove brian from A list and replace him by mazen mneimneh.

I hope next year to see billy pharis,matt freije,ali kanaan and daniel faris in the lebanese league.
                              ASIA 2011 CEDARS ARE COMING

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information