Do you call it "bad luck" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you call it "bad luck" ?

I'm not trying to put excuses and so.I just got the idea to evaluate few things happened with the NT the past summer,maybe we could learn about it and fix it next time.

Daniel Faris
    Big player,his stats talk abt him.Getting him before 1 week and hasnt had the chance to practice and play games made him totally out of concentration.
    This kid is very talented,despite that it aint worth anything without time to adjust with the others.

Fadi El khatib
    Lebanon's leader,he was overweight too much kilos with the NT and now he reduced and he's back to show a good level which was really needed in the NT.What can you call that?

Ali Mahmoud
    Wasnt the Ali Mahmoud we know,he wasn't really concentrating.In 07 Asian Championship,he was very effective on the team and he kept Rony Fahed sitting most of the time on the bench.We didnt gain anything from Ali Mahmoud's stengths.

Brian Beshara
    was doing huge just days before the Asian Championship in Jones Cup,switching his position to 3 and the injury he suffered from also didnt help at all.It was just one more slap on the face.

Jackson Vroman
    Was unstopabble in Jones Cup,lots of systems around him made the other teams double team him and unfortunately that was beside his selfishness in play.

Ali kanaan
    Totally deserves more playing time,he proved his worth and sometimes he's the all around player you can put your money on.If i was asked to pick my best player in the NT,i will pick Ali Kanaan!

Omar Turk

Killed on the bench,im not asking to let him play 30-35 mins,using him for 15 mins is very good.He's just a cool player,not asking for ball to much,Just when he has an open shots,he will hit it and make it

Rony fahed was good and the only one not making major mistakes,Matt Freije was not used the best way he can,we didnt bring him to make screens to Vroman.

Jean Abdelnour
    Did well must say,but somtimes he makes me angry missing lay ups and open shots,its just not normal to see a professional player missing such opportunities many times!

The conclusion is that the scouting in the NT was awfull and very bad,the decisions were almost wrong and not decided well.Who works on the players conditions in the team ? Why Fadi reduced his weight now and not with the NT?whats the difference? he was on the team since June and he had time to reduce it at least 5 kilos!
    Who works on the physical and morale conditions in the team? we didnt notice any kind of coherence btw the players except for kanaan-Faris-Freije-Omar Turk-Rodrigue akl,the others were not even smilling.You may laugh about this,but isnt really smilling one of the winning attitute?!
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

100% about Fadi... He had a bungalow right under mine at a popular beach resort down south all summer, and was spending almost everyday there with his family. I guess that got him carried away from training this summer, you know, having quality time with his son and stuff like that.

It's good that he got back in shape though, we can't change the past. At least he's motivated to prove himself again now

Support me and my music by joining my Facebook Page! ^
    - LEBANON -

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
      I'm not trying to put excuses and so.I just got the idea to evaluate few things happened with the NT the past summer,maybe we could learn about it and fix it next time.

Daniel Faris
      Big player,his stats talk abt him.Getting him before 1 week and hasnt had the chance to practice and play games made him totally out of concentration.
      This kid is very talented,despite that it aint worth anything without time to adjust with the others.

Fadi El khatib
      Lebanon's leader,he was overweight too much kilos with the NT and now he reduced and he's back to show a good level which was really needed in the NT.What can you call that?

Ali Mahmoud
      Wasnt the Ali Mahmoud we know,he wasn't really concentrating.In 07 Asian Championship,he was very effective on the team and he kept Rony Fahed sitting most of the time on the bench.We didnt gain anything from Ali Mahmoud's stengths.

Brian Beshara
      was doing huge just days before the Asian Championship in Jones Cup,switching his position to 3 and the injury he suffered from also didnt help at all.It was just one more slap on the face.

Jackson Vroman
      Was unstopabble in Jones Cup,lots of systems around him made the other teams double team him and unfortunately that was beside his selfishness in play.

Ali kanaan
      Totally deserves more playing time,he proved his worth and sometimes he's the all around player you can put your money on.If i was asked to pick my best player in the NT,i will pick Ali Kanaan!

Omar Turk

Killed on the bench,im not asking to let him play 30-35 mins,using him for 15 mins is very good.He's just a cool player,not asking for ball to much,Just when he has an open shots,he will hit it and make it

Rony fahed was good and the only one not making major mistakes,Matt Freije was not used the best way he can,we didnt bring him to make screens to Vroman.

Jean Abdelnour
      Did well must say,but somtimes he makes me angry missing lay ups and open shots,its just not normal to see a professional player missing such opportunities many times!

The conclusion is that the scouting in the NT was awfull and very bad,the decisions were almost wrong and not decided well.Who works on the players conditions in the team ? Why Fadi reduced his weight now and not with the NT?whats the difference? he was on the team since June and he had time to reduce it at least 5 kilos!
      Who works on the physical and morale conditions in the team? we didnt notice any kind of coherence btw the players except for kanaan-Faris-Freije-Omar Turk-Rodrigue akl,the others were not even smilling.You may laugh about this,but isnt really smilling one of the winning attitute?!
      well yeah i agree with you 100%
      we certainly didint bring freije to make screens
      nor did we bring fady el khatib to pass the ball
      he didint have any offensive role at all

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
        Who works on the physical and morale conditions in the team? we didnt notice any kind of coherence btw the players except for kanaan-Faris-Freije-Omar Turk-Rodrigue akl,the others were not even smilling.You may laugh about this,but isn't really smiling one of the winning attitude?!
        Maybe Khatib thought he could play with the physique conditioning he had at Tianjing. It was after his bad performance that he realized that he should lose some weight.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUqpCqw_KI

Comment

well it's not bad luck ... but the moral conditions were f*cked up in the 3rd 4th place game ... because we lost again china because of bad refereeing ... so the team moral was 0 and if there is under 0 it wad under 0... but staff should have done something for the team to wake them up and let them know that the world cup is the priority not asia championship

Comment

khatib was fat cuz he did not want to be with the NT . when he saw all these great players come he wanted back in to get the gold medal ...if he knew before hand he would have lost the weight back than im sure asia champ. is more important than husam el deen tournament ...all the guy wants is attention,affection and a bit of extra money ....

Comment

It's not bad luck as much it was not being fully prepared for the tournament.
              If we had this team fully assembled 1 month before the tournament we wouldn't be having this discussion.
              Matt Freije and Daniel Faris could have been much more important factors for the NT had they had enough time to practice and play with our NT.
              This was probably Khatib's worst tournament ever in an Asian Championship. He always used to show us his best level of play in such tournaments but this time he was not only overweight but did not seem to fit well with the system of our team after the new guys joined the team.

Rony Fahed for me was probably the best guy on the team.

All I hope for is for us to regain our place as one of the best teams in Asia cuz this year 2009 was quite a disaster for all our National Teams (excluding our female NT which i'm really proud of and happy with what they were able to accomplish)

Comment

No i call it "bad luck".
                When you face series of problems then somehow its a bad luck + bad preparation for the players.
                Jassem Kanso was a better manager than Fouad Nehme with all due respect to the latter,but he's not charismatic like Jassem.
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information