Lebanese Sports Journalists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanese Sports Journalists

How do evaluate the Lebanese basketball journalists and TV presenters/commentators and their critiques and their involvement with certain teams.

My evaluation "1st list"

Elie Nassar: (Al-Balad newspaper and former media representative of Blue Stars)This man is a trouble maker, and should be banned from being a reporter. He fabricates false news that might have major negative consequences on a team, national team ,and the basketball image of our country. Plus he's ABOU LIRA $$$$LBP. He has no knowledge abt basketball.
    Likes to cause problems to draw attention to himself.

Fares Karam: (FTV) ABOU LIRA $LBP. He's in the Sagesse mafia and causes within-a-team problems and coups. He's monotonic when commentating, not enough knowledge abt basketball

Salim Awada (safeer newspaper): Biased politically. he favors a team on another based on political and religious affiliations.

Sobhe Keblawi: FTV. He is a kid commenting on tv. He's shallow and uses children way of speaking. He's biased. Plus doesn/t know much abt the ref signs on the court, he does not know the foul sign from a travel sign or from a 3 second sign

Ghayath Dibra: (LBC )The best among the available in Lebanon and the Middle East he has a good idea abt basketball,but he should not be afraid to judge a questionable ref call in a FLB game. In addition, he focuses too much on historic and statistical figures more than it is required.

Khaled Moujaes and Francois Habsheh: Those guys should not do solo commenting. Khaled should be a summary of a game guy.
    I liked once the combination of Tony Khalil and Francois Habsheh, cause Khalil used to make fun of Francois bec the latter has a player identity problem.

There are two guys that I like to see them on TV again.

Tony Baroud: He brings fun and excitement to the game, has a good voice for a TV presenter but he should get more into statistical figures and game analysis. The possibility of his return to commenting on basketball games is very low.

Robert Imad: This guy has very good idea abt basketball and the NBA leagues and players. I think he should try to co-comment(comment with another presenter) on Lebanese basketball games.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUqpCqw_KI

Maybe i'll be among the sports journalistes in 3 years
    Im 1st year Journalism.
    Elie Nassar is a big shame,he's the man of some members in the federation.Whatever they ask him to do,he will!

Ghayath is a friend,i know him and he's really a humble person.His problem is that he doesnt want to show his affiliation,he always wants to deal peacefully with others which isnt good.

The problem is that nowadays the journalism is no longer a professional job,its all about benefits and referrals.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Comment

You forget Rawi and Bob
      Both are hilarious,i've never seen them speaking 1 word related to basketball.Its abt problems and fights,Ibrahim makes sometimes good things like interviewing Bassel Bawji when most of people used not to know abt him.And Salim Awada has interviewed Ahmad Ibrahim last year when most of the journalistes havent even mention this big prospect.

Another exemple,Rawi said once that Daniel Faris is playing in Israel which is totally wrong,Julian khazzouh is the one playing in Israel.This might cause problems!!! so what kind of journalistes is that ? despite that everyone might commit mistakes,but this one is big and he didnt even fix it.
      Proud to be Lebanese
      www.arabasket.com

Comment

i must say i like francois the best, i'm a big fan of his poetries, he keeps reciting poems in mathces, i remmember the asian championships.

francois : na3am ghayath, w 7aliyan el riye7 3am to3sof bi 3akes ma btetmanne soulesiyyeto la Matt freije

translation : the winds are blowing in a way that does not favor freije's 3s

Comment

I really hate watching Basketball on Future TV, three minutes left on a close game and they will cut the game... as simple as that..

Comment

u forgot me shabeb... i'm covering lebanese basketball and sports for iloubnan.info

Comment

Ghayath for me is by far the most knowledgeable+professional when it comes to basketball. He does not only provide us with good statistics but also does his homework and research properly. Ghayath has also helped our federation in many ways and it good to see guys from here like Dani contacting Ghayath and exchanging bball info with him.

Robert Imad has a good knowledge of the NBA and I always used to watch his show on MTV back in the days where he even went to cover the NBA finals from LA which was really great.

Guys like Rawi r a disgrace to all sports journalists The guy should be banned for life. He thinks that spreading rumors and getting people into trouble is healthy and enjoyable.

Comment

guys tonight in the jazeera sport news....there was a reportage about the final of houssam hariri tournament....and the lebanese reporter hassan mortada finished the reportage saying that the egyptians proved their superiority in basketball over the lebanese....(wtf....based on one friendly game...we spent 10 years beating the hell out of egyptian teams)...
                bottom line....our beloved sport is highlighted by reporters of which 50% of them are idiots
                History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

Hussein Mortada
                  Proud to be Lebanese
                  www.arabasket.com

Comment

If they give a prize for the Worst Basketball Commentator in Lebanon then Sobhy Kablawi will take the most votes
                    He knows nothing in Basketball and always advertising for the Companies represented in basketball competitions as they pay him for that !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oshafaamri View Post
                      If they give a prize for the Worst Basketball Commentator in Lebanon then Sobhy Kablawi will take the most votes
                      He knows nothing in Basketball and always advertising for the Companies represented in basketball competitions as they pay him for that !!!

u right man, Sobhi Kiblawi is the worst ever commentator. I wish LBC broadcast again Dubai Tournament so we want hear Sobhi

Comment

Originally posted by ayman n View Post
                        u right man, Sobhi Kiblawi is the worst ever commentator. I wish LBC broadcast again Dubai Tournament so we want hear Sobhi
                        We all agree to this don't we 3anjad hayda sob7i maskhara metel m3almo 7osam..

But what can we do about politics in lebanon it spoils everything

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                          Maybe i'll be among the sports journalistes in 3 years
                          Im 1st year Journalism.
                          Elie Nassar is a big shame,he's the man of some members in the federation.Whatever they ask him to do,he will!

Ghayath is a friend,i know him and he's really a humble person.His problem is that he doesnt want to show his affiliation,he always wants to deal peacefully with others which isnt good.

The problem is that nowadays the journalism is no longer a professional job,its all about benefits and referrals.
                          I will finish before u I guess so I am the next prospect :P

Comment

Originally posted by kerdito View Post
                            I will finish before u I guess so I am the next prospect :P
                            you are nothing compared to me,im ranked 1st kidding man
                            how you doing man? take care!
                            Proud to be Lebanese
                            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by rtk04 View Post
                              guys tonight in the jazeera sport news....there was a reportage about the final of houssam hariri tournament....and the lebanese reporter hassan mortada finished the reportage saying that the egyptians proved their superiority in basketball over the lebanese....(wtf....based on one friendly game...we spent 10 years beating the hell out of egyptian teams)...
                              bottom line....our beloved sport is highlighted by reporters of which 50% of them are idiots
                              al jazeera, in general as a network dramatize everything

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information