Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croatians at U19 World Championship

Hey all Croatia fans

A short time ago my home country, New Zealand, hosted the under 19 world championships. I found myself really won over and really supporting your croatian team with a passion. In my opinion, they were the best team at the tournament and were very unlucky to lose to the U.S.A and finish 3rd.

I was particuarly amazed at three of your young players:
    Mario Delas...as our New Zealand commentators named him "Super Mario"
    Tomislav Zubcic
    Toni Prostran

Delas was just an absolute monster in the paint with countless post moves at his disposal. Zubcic looked very much like Dirk Novitizki, with added weight and strength could be jaw dropping. Prostran, although a year younger, played with great poise and leadership.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me who and where these guys are playing for this upcoming season and what kind of contracts they have. Will they be able to enter the NBA draft without problems in the next few years? Will they log significant minutes in the upcoming season? Any additional info you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much all

Thank you for suporting our team!

Zubcic will play for Cibona Zagreb next season. Cibona participates in Euroleague, Adriatic league (NLB) and Croatian A1 league. Last year he had only real playing time in very weak Croatian A1 league with not many competitive teams where he had great stats. This year it is expected that Cibona will give him real chance and hopefuly that will be the case. By my personal opinion he is bigest Croatian talent since Kukoc and Radja (not named Josip Sesar. Great talent and big underchiver), but that is only potential wise. Big questionmarks are sourounding him. From questionable attitude, lacking of mental toughnes, unpromising frame, to not undrstanding of defence and jacking to many threes insted of trying to create somthing as he have great "tools" to do that. But he is young and still have time to work on evrything.

Delas will play in Split. Unfortunaly former Europian powerhouse is in terible shape and he will only play in weak Croatian A1 league, but he will have lot of playing time and lot of time to work and impruve his individual "up's" and "down's". He may lack great potential like Zubcic do to lack of explosivnes, agility and owerall fisycal abilitys but he is almost sure bet he will maximize his potetnial as highist he can. He may not have abilitys to be anything more than decent role player in NBA, but I belive he could become Euroleague star like his countryman Nikola Vujcic wich is still great.

As for Prostran he will play with Zadar and he will have playing time in solid competitions like Euroleague Cup and NLB league and of course Croatian A1 league. Do to lack of size, laping ability and unprmising frame I don't see him in NBA, maybe not even star in Euroleague one day. Personaly I belive in this kid because he is smart, tough, great character and great working kid, who understands basketball, aware of his limitations and plays with joy and passion.

As for NBA and posibility ol leaving there they have buyouts, but surley they won't have problems like Rubio if eventualy they will go there. Personaly I would rather see them going step by step, proving them self in Croatia, then Euroleague and then posibility of leaving to NBA as many Croatian and Europian players disapired and not maximized their potential by jumping straight to NBA
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

My friend pohani komarac,judging only by the match of yours against USA I disagree with you about Prostran.To me he looked like the next Jasikevicius I bet all I have!The disadvantages in frame and leaping ability don't mean anything to me,on the other side he is really quick that is more important for a PG,but the most important for me is the maturity that he showed in this game and the leadership.It was only a single game so if somebody has a wider view of him please correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
        My friend pohani komarac,judging only by the match of yours against USA I disagree with you about Prostran.To me he looked like the next Jasikevicius I bet all I have!The disadvantages in frame and leaping ability don't mean anything to me,on the other side he is really quick that is more important for a PG,but the most important for me is the maturity that he showed in this game and the leadership.It was only a single game so if somebody has a wider view of him please correct me.
        As I said I belive in him and as much I would love to see him as being one of best point guards I still want to stay realistic. And it's not that much about his size and laping ability. His bigest disadvatage is his body. He curetly weights somwere around 64-67 kg and his frame is very tiny and does't look like he could add much weight. There is no doubt that if he pases on senior level that he will be one hell of PG (On very optimistic side I see him as Croatian CP3) but realistic odds are not in his favor. I saw him when he was (trying) gourding Votego Cummings who literly made him looking like kid from kindergarten when he was posting against him. And nowdays 90% of PG are betwen 190-200cm
        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

I've seen Prostran in U18 all-star in Katowice and he was horrible. Today I've been told by a Croatian that he played injured there and it made his injury worse.
          My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by ip84 View Post
            I've seen Prostran in U18 all-star in Katowice and he was horrible. Today I've been told by a Croatian that he played injured there and it made his injury worse.
            Yes he is injured (knee), he is expected to be back for 2,3 weeks
            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Prostran knee is worst then it was tought and today it was anaunced he will have surgery
              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information