Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U16 African players suspended for age cheating

Afrobasket U16 for men – 2 players suspended for cheating

In the frame work of the application of Internal Rules about the players’ eligibility by FIBA, the technical Committee of the 2nd edition of FIBA Africa U16 Nations Championship for men has suspended two (2) players of Guinea’s team for cheating on their age.

The players SOW Oumar (N° 5) and SALL Abdul Rahim (N° 13) for Guinea de la Guinea have been suspended after the results of the age tests which revealed that they are over 16 years old.

The age tests are carried out by the radiography of the wrist in Maputo.

Administrative and financial sanctions will been taken by FIBA Africa’s Executive Committee in regard of violations of rules done by Guinea Basketball Federation. Des sanctions administratives et Financières seront prises par le Comité Exécutif en raison des infractions commises a l’encontre des règles par la Fédération Guinéenne de Basket-ball.

L’Afrobasket U16 masculin se déroule du 17 au 26 Septembre 2009 à Maputo, Mozambique.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

AFROBASKET U16 MEN 2009

Maputo (Mozambique), 17 – 26 September 2009

CIRCULAIRE/CIRCULAR 7

DECISION CONCERNING TWO PLAYERS AGE CONTROL

The technical committee in application with the internals rules concerning the eligibility of FIBA players:

H1.1 Admissions and respect of the general Status and internal rules

H1.2 Responsibility of the federation concerning player eligibility.

- After the results examination and approbation of age control at Maputo during U16 Masculine Afrobasket ;

- Considering that results revealed two positives cases hereto attached examination document;

- By virtue of the rules dispositions Article E.5.3.3.3 points f. et g. of FIBA internal rules

-

The Technical Committee decide :

Art. 1 : Players SOW Oumar (N° 5) and SALL Abdul Rahim (N° 13) of Guinea are suspended from the competition mentioned on top from September 21st 2009.

Art. 2 :Adminitratives and financials sanctions will be taken by the executive committee in consequences of the infraction committed.

President of the technical committee

CONDE Fodé Amara

It would be good to see this happening in other continents and championships.
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Glad to know chinas not the only 1.......

Comment

Originally posted by silnismo View Post
        Glad to know chinas not the only 1.......
        Of course not: http://forums.interbasket.net/f24/ka...r-fraud-10473/
        And there are countless others.
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
          The age tests are carried out by the radiography of the wrist in Maputo.
          Huh?

Stuart
          http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
          http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
          http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by stuart View Post
            Huh?

Stuart
            Yo Stuart! Sup bro!
            Radiography is basically the use of X-rays to view inside objects. Maybe they can use radiography to see the density of the bone structure of these kids whom at below 16 r still growing and thus shouldn't have a bone mass density beyond a certain limit as this would indicate that they r older than the stated age. ( I don't know what I just wrote or if it made any sense but I do hope u can figure what I'm trying to say).

Comment

Originally posted by stuart View Post
              Huh?

Stuart
              They cut their wrists and count the rings in it. 1 ring=1 year

Originally posted by parso
              Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
              Originally posted by sseppel
              it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
              Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
              Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

I guess the proper question is, Is this the first time FIBA has done bone age testing? Or is this the first time anyone participating in FIBA tournaments have been cought for age cheating? Because I couldn't find any precedents. I know FIFA does a lot of bone age testing.
                aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information