No announcement yet.

Official Michael "Mike" Rosario Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Michael "Mike" Rosario Thread.

18 yrs.old Mike Rosario was very impressive in the 2009 FIBA 19 and under championship.

Mike Rosario y los 54 puntos convertidos en el Mundial Juniors de Auckland, Nueva Zelanda, ante Puerto Rico, el 6 de julio de 2009

This kid is going to be a First Round pick in the 2010 NBA Draft. I expect a solid performance in his sophomore season.

Solid player, high potential and great scorer, but NBA wise he is a bit of a tweener. He's a small 2-guard and I'm not sure if he will ever have the playmaking skills to be a true point (which wouldn't exactly stop a team from puting him at the 1).

Rooting for him though.

Comment

a 6 feet shooting guard won't be the First Round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
        Theres been a couple of those.

Rosario is 6"3 with hops, plays like he's over 6"6.

He's closer to 6"5 than 6". So basically you're just straight up hating. WTF

Comment

You're just hating because Allen Iverson owned Chauncey Billups!!!

What?
          Originally posted by J-Mart
          the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
          sigpic

Comment

Rosario is real skinny though so he's going to have to add some weight if he expects to guard NBA 2-guards. He looks like an excellent outside shooter with great range, if he can learn to run a team, and distribute the ball better then he could go 1st round. NBA teams are in love with combo guards so a couple more years of learning how to play some point and attacking the basket, maybe Rutgers makes March Madness then who knows. Do you guys think he'll be better than JJ Barea or Guillermo Diaz?
            -Slam

Euroleague Adventures

Twitter: Euro_Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by Slam View Post
              Rosario is real skinny though so he's going to have to add some weight if he expects to guard NBA 2-guards. He looks like an excellent outside shooter with great range, if he can learn to run a team, and distribute the ball better then he could go 1st round. NBA teams are in love with combo guards so a couple more years of learning how to play some point and attacking the basket, maybe Rutgers makes March Madness then who knows. Do you guys think he'll be better than JJ Barea or Guillermo Diaz?
              Do you guys still remember Quincy Douby From Rutgers

well, what's he doing now ?? Oh, right Absolutely nothing.

Now, with that said Doubly's clone, I mean Rosario, won't be the first selection of the Draft. NOW, will he be drafted? probably, but it all depends on whether he can pull off the "Stephen Curry" and all of the sudden become a decent point guard or not?, if he keeps playing the 2 he won't get drafted.
              Last edited by Lewis; 09-30-2009, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Well, he's taller then six feet, plus undersized 2-guards have been first round picks before (it's the NBA, there's only two rounds).

Comment

Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
                  Well, he's taller then six feet, plus undersized 2-guards have been first round picks before (it's the NBA, there's only two rounds).
                  my bad, I meant to say, "the first pick of the first round".
                  btw, he's 6'2
                  Last edited by Lewis; 10-02-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Stephon Curry got selected 7th...Rosario is way more talented than him...has more potential. Curry has a better jumpshot which makes a difference, but if you look at their freshman years, Rosario has a lot of potential to be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Flexo View Post
                      Stephon Curry got selected 7th...Rosario is way more talented than him...has more potential. Curry has a better jumpshot which makes a difference, but if you look at their freshman years, Rosario has a lot of potential to be better.
                      Curry is a point guard, Mike can't handle that position.

I also said before:

NOW, will he be drafted? probably, but it all depends on whether he can pull off the "Stephen Curry" and all of the sudden become a decent point guard or not?, if he keeps playing the 2 he won't get drafted.
                      anyway, He won't be the first overall pick of the Draft, that's for sure, http://www.draftexpress.com/RSCI/2008/

and saying that he's better that Curry is ridiculous

Comment

Don't be foolished.

Curry has been a two guard for two years at Davidson and a 1 guard for a year.

Rosario has played a lot of PG at Rutgets, he can only get better.

Rosario is very productive in the BEST conference in the NCAA...Curry played in a mid-major conference, nearly not as equal competition.

Rosario is more highly touted coming out of high school, he's just naturally more talented.

Rosario is built for the NBA...Curry looks like another JJ Redick with speed and agility.

Comment

Rosario is tight I hope he plays for the PR team some day but he needs a lot of work for the NBA. Perhaps Europe for the mean time.
                          "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Rosario may play point, but he's still not a playmaker - which is what separates good to great NBA PGs.

I also wouldn't say he is "built for the NBA". Since he's a natural 2, I would say he would have to be taller to be "built for the NBA". However, he is more athletic and stronger then both Curry and Reddick (also is a better driver the the latter two).

In the end,believe his success will be determined on how much better his court vision gets and the team that drafts him (and how he fits in the system).

Comment

Do you guys still remember Quincy Douby From Rutgers

well, what's he doing now ?? Oh, right Absolutely nothing.

Now, with that said Doubly's clone, I mean Rosario, won't be the first selection of the Draft. NOW, will he be drafted? probably, but it all depends on whether he can pull off the "Stephen Curry" and all of the sudden become a decent point guard or not?, if he keeps playing the 2 he won't get drafted.
                              Mike Rosario clone of Quincy Douby??, bro are you retard??, you are comparing a guy that made 54 point in a FIBA U19 WC with a guy that even got the opportunity to play in the NBA and International Game with USA, so don't compare you hater, go and love your DR NT....
                              Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                              16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                              Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                              8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information