PDA

View Full Version : Placement 5-8 : Russia vs Croatia

marko
09-18-2009, 11:35 PM
This is gonna be a crucial game, for the qualification for Turkey 2010 because the team that wins will qualify for Turkey while the team that loses will face 2 options :

1)if France lost, that team will be facing france for the last ticket for turkey (because we will have turkey in the top 6 so the 7th place team will qualify)

2) if Turkey lost, that team will be tops 7th if he won turkey on the 7th 8th game. and this will not make them qualify.

Unless they get a wild card and i wish not because i want one for my country Lebanon:D:D

russia will be more relaxed, but the game is real important for both.

Who do you think will qualify from this game ??

stane
09-18-2009, 11:36 PM
I will cheer for our brothers! GO RUSSIA!!!

AirBall
09-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Vpered Rossiya Serbiya s toboi! :cool:

I doubt that Croatians will sleep much. Also its very hard to prepare tomorrows game after +15 against Slovenia...

ArkadiosV2
09-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Davai Rossiya!!!

Embene Putin!!!

Srle
09-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Croatia needs to get their shit together and save their skin.They come to Poland so they can get visa for Turkey.Hopefully if they qualify they will bring some fresh talent to Turkey :Tomic,Zubcic,Delas,Prostran etc.

pohani komarac
09-18-2009, 11:57 PM
if we don't do it by our self their is no chance we get willd card. fiba screwd us at 2005. when they gave WC to teams left behind us (turky and italy) and beaten easily by us, and they wouldn't mind doing it again by giving ticket to team that wasn't capabel even to qualify for EC and to countrie that plays basketball for 3 years

AirBall
09-19-2009, 12:01 AM
if we don't do it by our self their is no chance we get willd card. fiba screwd us at 2005. when they gave WC to teams left behind us (turky and italy) and beaten easily by us, and they wouldn't mind doing it again by giving ticket to team that wasn't capabel even to qualify for EC and to countrie that plays basketball for 3 years

I read somewhere that FIBA will ask around 2 million euros for each wild card...And no doubt that many countries will pay that amount if they get the chance...

ArkadiosV2
09-19-2009, 12:05 AM
I read somewhere that FIBA will ask around 2 million euros for each wild card...And no doubt that many countries will pay that amount if they get the chance...
I read somewhere that FIBA will ask 30.000.000 for the wild card directly.

And I read it on the INTERNET, so it must be true!!!

Buducnost PG
09-19-2009, 09:01 AM
2 of the 4 Wildcards will go to europe for sure. If Europe will get also a 3rd one will depend on the final results of the games for the 5th to 8th place. If France and Russia win today, FIBA will have a easier job. In this case they could go with 2 Wildcards for europe (Germany and Lithuania) and 2 for the rest of the world. But it is still not clear what will be with Italy. The rule say no, but we are spekaing about Italy that has a big market and had nice results in last 10 years. Perhaps they will search for a way to give them a Wildcard, but i think that it is not fair to give them one. If you canīt get to the final torunament, you donīt deserv to be in Turkey. But if France and Turkey or one of them get beaten, than i see the chances for a 3rd Wildcard for europe much higher.

marko
09-19-2009, 11:46 AM
so France won.
the winner of this game will qualify directly the loser will miss the champs . unless they get a wild card.
france's result makes the 2 teams wanna win coz there's only 1 more card

Fedfan
09-19-2009, 11:57 AM
now it's gonna be a deathbattle.:D

oh and I can see Russia getting a WC much easier than Croatia.

Buducnost PG
09-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Fucking idiot Ponkrashov is getting nothing done and still takes shoot after shoot.

Billy Bounce
09-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Fucking idiot Ponkrashov is getting nothing done and still takes shoot after shoot.

He's got tree assists :rolleyes:, but i kinda agree with a first part of the sentence :p

Billy Bounce
09-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Russians are in game thanks to Monya : he scored 11 points in the first quarter , when all others it seems were in shock or something :cool:

Good game by Vorontsevich : 2/4 3pts, it looks like his hands were upgraded in the Russian military :p

Papadiamantidis
09-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Any links for watching the Game?

Billy Bounce
09-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Any links for watching the Game?

http://en.justin.tv/lithuania1basketball/popout

gatos
09-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Great comeback by Croatia

Fedfan
09-19-2009, 01:27 PM
This match has gotten very interesting.First russian comeback and now croatia has taken the lead again.
This is going to go like this until the end.

Me-Myself
09-19-2009, 01:28 PM
2 of the 4 Wildcards will go to europe for sure. If Europe will get also a 3rd one will depend on the final results of the games for the 5th to 8th place. If France and Russia win today, FIBA will have a easier job. In this case they could go with 2 Wildcards for europe (Germany and Lithuania) and 2 for the rest of the world. But it is still not clear what will be with Italy. The rule say no, but we are spekaing about Italy that has a big market and had nice results in last 10 years. Perhaps they will search for a way to give them a Wildcard, but i think that it is not fair to give them one. If you canīt get to the final torunament, you donīt deserv to be in Turkey. But if France and Turkey or one of them get beaten, than i see the chances for a 3rd Wildcard for europe much higher.

Croatia and Russia have a problem if they don't win...Italy, Germany, and Lithuania in Europe, and I doubt a four wildcard for Europe...they will have to fight against Germany for that wild-card...

Fedfan
09-19-2009, 01:28 PM
technical on flopping for Popovic!!!:D
I hope these refs whistle our match too!!lol

ArkadiosV2
09-19-2009, 01:37 PM
technical on flopping for Popovic!!!:D
I hope these refs whistle our match too!!lol
Popovic is trying to prove he is an idiot since last night?

karim
09-19-2009, 01:37 PM
hey to all the lebanese here is this game broadcasted on jazeera ?

Papadiamantidis
09-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Billy Bounce
http://en.justin.tv/lithuania1basketball/popout

Thanks Billy Bounce!

marko
09-19-2009, 01:47 PM
hey karim no the placement games arent on

the semi finals are on jazeera sport +7 unfortunately:S:S i dont have it

Fedfan
09-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Ukic leads Croatia to Turkey.Congrats.:)

gatos
09-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Ukic leads Croatia to Turkey.Congrats.:)

hehe ok.
Maybe I'm prejudged a bit :D
I want to see croatia in turkey.

Your wish comes true. But why did you want this match up?

Picek
09-19-2009, 02:05 PM
atleast this..

Srle
09-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Congratulations to Croatia.Get rid of those old players and looses and bring some talented players to Turkey.

ArkadiosV2
09-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Congrats. WC needs all basketball powers and Croatia is one of them.

gatos
09-19-2009, 02:11 PM
gg Croatia. Well played. And don't forget to send a gift to Popovic:D

Fedfan
09-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Your wish comes true. But why did you want this match up?

because I couldn't see them getting a WC,in contrast with Russia and I believe they for sure deserve a place in turkey.

Though,their internet fans may be the most obnoxious.:cool:

karim
09-19-2009, 02:17 PM
russia will surely get a WC ... if russia won that game than there would be a good chance of 2 euro teams getting a WC and therefore increasing lebanons chance of getting 1 ....now probably lithuania,germany and russia will all get cards ...and lebanon being as underrated as they are worldwide despite all their recent accomplishments might be substituted as the final wildcard by a team like DR or nigeria even though the fact that turkey is the host and that theres already 7 teams , this might influence fiba into choosing 2 euro teams instead of 3 ...but why the hell didnt russia send their top 3 players to this tournament(kirilenko,holdon and khryapa) and how did they win euro 2007 and lost in the 1st round of the 2008 olympics the year after ? did they also not send their best team last year to china ? I wouldnt be sad if FIBA does not give them a wildcard , maybe this way they will learn that they are not USA or argentina to not send their best team and expect a WC(like in 2006 they did not get) and this way we will see them sending all their players from now ....

pohani komarac
09-19-2009, 02:20 PM
yes, at least.

FIBA listen to me! Russia and Lithuania must be on world championship to! Third vote goes to Germany. Italy and GB don't desereve willd card

warface
09-19-2009, 02:27 PM
welcome to turkey croita

Buducnost PG
09-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Ukic finaly turned to a player everybody in Croatia (and perhaps also other people that watched him from his earlie days in Split) was waiting for. If he continues to play like this he is easily one of the best PGīs in europe.

I think that was a very important win for Croatia. So they are continuing to qualify at least for a other championship not named EC.

Beva
09-19-2009, 02:39 PM
I think that was a very important win for Croatia. So they are continuing to qualify at least for a other championship not named EC.

That's the important thing, the continuity of big tournaments, and of course, we can play WC with younger team and far more relaxed, since no one will expect much from us... Excellent opportunity to take Tomić and Delaš on some big event... And perhaps, if they show some quality this year, even Prostran and Zubčić, maybe Bogdanović...

It would be good, we would finally get rid of Kus, Nicević, Prkačin and Vujčić... Although, Nicević was there when needed... All the others can still play... And not to forget, Marko Tomas should have a far better season in Cibona...

Srle
09-19-2009, 02:40 PM
They need to start building a new team.Keep Ukic,Banic,Kasun,Thomas from this year team and that's it.Refresh it with younger and better talent.

Beva
09-19-2009, 02:44 PM
They need to start building a new team.Keep Ukic,Banic,Kasun,Thomas from this year team and that's it.Refresh it with younger and better talent.

Well, on 1 and 2, the biggest talents are Prostran and Bogdanović, no one else could help next year, and even those two are questionable... So, probably, Planinić and Popović will stay... If I'm not mistaken, they are both 27 and, who knows, maybe they'll mature over the next year...

warface
09-19-2009, 02:45 PM
ı dont understand why croita dont use kasun much? he can dominite court wiht huge physical advantage

Beva
09-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I forgot to add a :)

Beva
09-19-2009, 02:48 PM
ı dont understand why croita dont use kasun much? he can dominite court wiht huge physical advantage

I guess some kind of problems with small injuries, he's by far the best big man we have and should play between 25-30 minutes p/g... Vujčić is useless on defense... Problem with Kasun is that he also has problems with decision making, so he sometimes makes pretty stupid fouls...

Buducnost PG
09-19-2009, 02:51 PM
That's the important thing, the continuity of big tournaments, and of course, we can play WC with younger team and far more relaxed, since no one will expect much from us... Excellent opportunity to take Tomić and Delaš on some big event... And perhaps, if they show some quality this year, even Prostran and Zubčić, maybe Bogdanović...

It would be good, we would finally get rid of Kus, Nicević, Prkačin and Vujčić... Although, Nicević was there when needed... All the others can still play... And not to forget, Marko Tomas should have a far better season in Cibona...

Tomic should definetly play in Turkey and not to forget Stanko Barac. Delas is also a option. But for Prostran and Zubcic it is to early i think. Bogdanovic should have better chances. But we must see how he will play this year. And what about Delas and his club for the starting season? Will he stay in Split?

Perhpas Croatian team coud be this

C: Tomic/Kasun/Barac
PF: Banic/Loncar
SF: Tomas/Rozic
SG: Planinic/Bogdanovic
PG: Ukic/Popovic

And the last spot should be a battle between Stipcevic and Delas.

warface
09-19-2009, 02:51 PM
I guess some kind of problems with small injuries, he's by far the best big man we have and should play between 25-30 minutes p/g... Vujčić is useless on defense... Problem with Kasun is that he also has problems with decision making, so he sometimes makes pretty stupid fouls...

yes ı think he has injury problem ı think he can be more fit vujcic ı hope he will better for efes pilsen:)

pohani komarac
09-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Ukic finaly turned to a player everybody in Croatia (and perhaps also other people that watched him from his earlie days in Split) was waiting for. If he continues to play like this he is easily one of the best PGīs in europe.

well we bean at last Olypics. Anway it is also kind a sucses since we haven't bean at World Chapionship form 94. Only time we were here we won a medal so why not keep tradition:D Now seriusley and more realistic from Repesa's itnterviews I'm prete sure some youngsters will be joining team with main goal Olympics 2012 and this is gret chance for them to get expiriance. Anway I don't expect whole team to be changed like many others do so we won't be punc bags, but also we won't be seeking for medals . I only expect Bogdanovic and Tomic and maybe Peric and Suton to be new guys here and return of Markota, Barac and maybe Rudez along with Ukic, Popovic, Planinic, Tomas, Rozic, Banic and Kasun. As for Delas, Zubcic, Prostran... I think that only chances for them if they have break out year....

Srle
09-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Well, on 1 and 2, the biggest talents are Prostran and Bogdanović, no one else could help next year, and even those two are questionable... So, probably, Planinić and Popović will stay... If I'm not mistaken, they are both 27 and, who knows, maybe they'll mature over the next year...

Planinic is a cancer.You need to kick him out .Look at our team.There are bunch of players who didn't get a lot of chances to play in their clubs(Teodosic,Raduljica,Bjelica etc).But they showed all their talent through national team. As I said Ukic,Banic,Kasun and Thomas should stay they have a lot experience already.Add Tomic who's playing successfully in Adriatic league couple of years,Barac,Bogdanovic,Prostran,Delas,Peric,Rudez, Zubcic and few other players and you are set for the next 10 years.

Buducnost PG
09-19-2009, 02:59 PM
well we bean at last Olypics. Anway it is also kind a sucses since we haven't bean at World Chapionship form 94. Only time we were here we won a medal so why not keep tradition:D Now seriusley and more realistic from Repesa's itnterviews I'm prete sure some youngsters will be joining team with main goal Olympics 2012 and this is gret chance for them to get expiriance. Anway I don't expect whole team to be changed like many others do so we won't be punc bags, but also we won't be seeking for medals . I only expect Bogdanovic and Tomic and maybe Peric and Suton to be new guys here and return of Markota, Barac and maybe Rudez along with Ukic, Popovic, Planinic, Tomas, Rozic, Banic and Kasun. As for Delas, Zubcic, Prostran... I think that only chances for them if they have break out year....

You donīt need to change the whole team, but some changes in the frontcourt have to be done immediately. There Croatia has to make the changes. The backcourt should almost stay the same. But with the difference that Ukic must be the leader and the one that has the ball in his hands in the crunchtime.

Franz
09-19-2009, 02:59 PM
with main goal Olympics 2012

I don't know why.

And if so, maybe Russia should have won.

Beva
09-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't know why.

Because we're going in slight team rebuilding...

Franz
09-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Because we're going in slight team rebuilding...

The time to rebuild should be now with 2010 as your main goal. I can't believe we have this event next year (which is shaping up to look very good) and people are talking about the 2012 Olympics.

Worrying about that in 2011 after Eurobasket, not now.

Beva
09-19-2009, 03:11 PM
I completely forgot about Stipčević, but he's Popović kind of player...

Stanko Barać also, he could definitely help...

I don't like Hrvoje Perić, he doesn't have a jump shot, and he seems too indifferent... Rudež must have better year in Cedevita, but that's also a big question...

Tomić should gain some weight, I think players like Mozgov would eat him right now...

If only Popović is a little taller, we would have a solid SG, this way he's also having problems on defense... I hope Bogdanović will get ~15 min p/g in Cibona...

And Zubčić will get his chance this year, if he's really such a talent, it's on him to show it...

pohani komarac
09-19-2009, 03:13 PM
You donīt need to change the whole team, but some changes in the frontcourt have to be done immediately. There Croatia has to make the changes. The backcourt should almost stay the same. But with the difference that Ukic must be the leader and the one that has the ball in his hands in the crunchtime.

yeah and that's the case.

C Kasun, Barac, Tomic all three must go for sure- Andric only if half team gets injured
PF Banic for sure-Loncar, Markota, Suton?, Zubcic and Delas for one or two spots
SF Tomas, Bogdanovic for sure. Rozic, Peric, Rudez fithing for one or two spots
SG we don't have anybody as real SG so Tomas, Bogdanovic, Popovic and Planinic will ill the gap again. Rancic just isn't good a nuf whill unfortunaly Butorac is undersized and unathletic so I don't see him transforming his game to this level
PG Ukic, Planinic (only if he can acept that he is helper), Popovic-Stipcevic in case of injurys and Prostran but not rigt now

as for leader it' clear. Ukic and Tomas. I blame Repesa who couldn't decide is Ukic or Planinic leader

Beva
09-19-2009, 03:14 PM
The time to rebuild should be now with 2010 as your main goal. I can't believe we have this event next year (which is shaping up to look very good) and people are talking about the 2012 Olympics.

Don't worry, we won't go to Turkey without ambitions, but this time we won't be entitled as 'medal contenders', so that's excellent choice to introduce some new players to the team...

The problem is, there will be no official games before WC, so there's no real opportunity to rebuild the squad right now... It will be done right before the WC...

Beva
09-19-2009, 03:18 PM
as for leader it' clear. Ukic and Tomas. I blame Repesa who couldn't decide is Ukic or Planinic leader

I don't recall Zoran having some problems in Beijing, he was good then... The season in CSKA hurt him a lot... He needs a run and gun team, something like TAU was under Perasović... Only then he will perform well...

pohani komarac
09-19-2009, 03:23 PM

belive me Croatia has very deep player base with similar level of qualitys like some older guys here so we won't be that bad as you could assume. And atarting five from here will be there and add them healthy Tomas who missed this championship and we could even have upgraded team even if we are going on slight rebuilding. Only one thing for sure we are going without presur similar like Serbia this year, but if oportunity shows we will try to take it

Picek
09-19-2009, 03:26 PM
we won't be that bad as you could assume. that would be really hard to achieve, to be worse then we were here :D

UKO
09-19-2009, 07:50 PM
with such spectacular young players like tomic, delas, zubcic, prostran, bogdanovic, saric, ramljak and many many others supertalents that nobody else in europe has croatian future is bright and sunny!