PDA

View Full Version : Fan support

re5pectas
09-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi,

Of course Poland had the biggest support, as they are home nation... But what about others? Any numbers?

There are reports, that there were about 2-3k of lithuanians in Wroclav and about 4-5 k in Lodz. But I couldn't see it from TV. maybe there were :)

What about other countries?

And I'm VERY interested to hear impressions from ppl who been there :):rolleyes:

pohani komarac
09-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi,

Of course Poland had the biggest support, as they are home nation... But what about others? Any numbers?

There are reports, that there were about 2-3k of lithuanians in Wroclav and about 4-5 k in Lodz. But I couldn't see it from TV. maybe there were :)

What about other countries?

And I'm VERY interested to hear impressions from ppl who been there :):rolleyes:

Croatia by far worst:mad: If we don't count Macedonian cheering for us. Generaly over the years people lost faith in basketball because lack of results and because of consistan't absence of players from NT nobady cares about basketball. In 2 round without girls and wifes we had 4 (four) fans:o

Fedfan
09-17-2009, 10:29 PM
During France-Spain match,I could hear from the stands lithuanians!!:D

Imo,together with Slovenians they're the best!!
Perhaps even better,since they stayed in Poland to watch bball even though their NT is already out.

Gytaz
09-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Lithuania has the best fans, that's for sure! It was funny to hear "Lietuva, Lietuva!" during the Spain-France game. :D

stane
09-17-2009, 10:37 PM
You could here Kdor ne skače ni Slovenc in one of the group stage games also. I think between Serbia and Spain.

There were around 2500-3000 Slovenians in Varšava, in Lodž few hundred but now we expect some more, like 1500 and if we continue into the semis there will most probably be even more.

re5pectas
09-17-2009, 10:37 PM
During France-Spain match,I could hear from the stands lithuanians!!:D

yeah, I also heared - LIE TU VA ! LIE TU VA!! :D
This is why idea for thread came to my mind :rolleyes:

putamadre
09-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Lithuania has the best fans, that's for sure! It was funny to hear "Lietuva, Lietuva!" during the Spain-France game. :D
It was odd to say the least, yeah I agree Lithuanians are the best just for staying to just watch basketball :cool:

Levenspiel
09-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Bulgaria - around 100, maybe less

Turkey - between 100-200 in Wroclaw, later more.

Lithuania - Cannot give numbers, but by far the best and largest foreign group. Spent the whole week with 15 of them :D.

Serbia - could see only a few people in Lodz.. less than 20 for sure.

Spain - in Lodz, around 50 i would say

Slovenia - They get more in Lodz as their team performed better. Met with a few of them, they were just coming before the 5th games. Around 200, maybe less.

Poland - Sold-out arena in Wroclaw, also biggest group in Lodz but less than 1st stage in number I guess.

Fedfan
09-17-2009, 10:42 PM
It was odd to say the least, yeah I agree Lithuanians are the best just for staying to just watch basketball :cool:

Spanish fans were very supportive and lively too tonight.Even though they were much fewer than Lithuanians..Maybe more will come if *knock on wood*;) Spain advances further???

Levenspiel
09-17-2009, 10:42 PM
yeah, I also heared - LIE TU VA ! LIE TU VA!! :D
This is why idea for thread came to my mind :rolleyes:
You could hear it everywhere... at every hour :D

pohani komarac
09-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Croatia by far worst:mad: If we don't count Macedonian cheering for us. Generaly over the years people lost faith in basketball because lack of results and because of consistan't absence of players from NT nobady cares about basketball. In 2 round without girls and wifes we had 4 (four) fans:o

and this is how it looked only 4 years ago http://kosarka.hr/main.asp?dir=video&vid=665 and it would be even better if we were allowed to make trip to belegrade

BARLAS
09-17-2009, 11:30 PM
When there is basketball game I always see Lithuanian fans, anywhere they are near the team and they really support too much

elaj
09-17-2009, 11:45 PM
There were around 2500 supporters from Slovenia in Warsaw, around 200 in Lodž and there should be around 1500 supporters in Katowice for the quarterfinals.

Our tourist agencies fucked our fan support in Lodž because they didn't offer any offers for fans. Katowice should be around 1000 with tourist agencies and I assume around 500 people from Slovenia on their own. Hopefully, if we get through quarterfinals the number could increase.

Franz
09-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Maybe Serbia fans will start to show up more (not just for Eurobasket) since their team is relevant again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VmGgjjgUNo

And this was in the USA.

ip84
09-18-2009, 01:00 AM
hahaha... that what I was going to write about.

"Li-Tu-Va Li-Tu-Va" will be one of the memories of everybody here in the eurobasket.
It was heard everywhere in Lodz, an after Lithuania lost their chences and also now in Katowitce (and all the cities around) is became like a self-joke of Lituanians with all the other basketball fans about the fact that Lithuanians who brought the most fans by far even after most canceled because Lithuania is out.

So now everybody who see Lituanians they start the "Li-Tu-Va" and the Lituanians join them.

Srle
09-18-2009, 02:07 AM
Maybe Serbia fans will start to show up more (not just for Eurobasket) since their team is relevant again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VmGgjjgUNo

And this was in the USA.

Nah I don't think so.Even though secretary of our Basketball association said he had some information's that some bus's will arrive in Katowice on Saturday.
USA is another story though. USA is full of Serbian immigrants especially Chicago Illinois which is not that far from Indianapolis.