1990's lebanese all- star team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990's lebanese all- star team

who do u think are the lebanese players who constitute the the nineties all-star team?

pg : boulous bechara
    sg:elie mechantaf
    SF: no one in mind. help me here
    pf : same
    C: yasser el hajj.

pg : boulous bechara ( best three pointer in the world :P)
    sg:elie mechantaf
    SF: walid doumyate
    pf : fadi el khatib (he's not much 90ish but he did shine in the late 90s)
    C: rony saikaly

Comment

1- Walid Domiati
      2- Tony Baroud
      3- Elie Mechantaf
      4- Yasser Elhaj
      5- Rony Seikely
      ------------------------------------------------------
      -Abdo Chediac
      -Bolous Bchara
      -Jassem Kanso
      -Mark Kouzah
      -Elie Fawaz
      -Gazi Boustani
      -Elie Nasser

Comment

I would go with

1- Walid Domiati
        2- Ghazi Boustani
        3- Elie Mechantaf
        4- Yasser El Hajj
        5- Paul Khoury (I think he started playing with Riyadi in the late 90's but he probably was the best center excluding of course Rony Seikaly whom i'm not considering in this list since he didn't play in the Lebanese league and just had a small stint with our NT in the West Asian Championship)

Honorable Mention:

Bader Makki, Dany Hammouch, Tony Baroud, Elie Fawaz, Moussa Moussa, Chidiac Brothers, George Chibani, Mark Kozah, Boulos Bshara. I'm going to also include Khatib and Charles Bardawil here cause they were great young talents during that time. Rony Fahed also started shining with Kahraba during the late 90's as well).

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
          I would go with

1- Walid Domiati
          2- Ghazi Boustani
          3- Elie Mechantaf
          4- Yasser El Hajj
          5- Paul Khoury (I think he started playing with Riyadi in the late 90's but he probably was the best center excluding of course Rony Seikaly whom i'm not considering in this list since he didn't play in the Lebanese league and just had a small stint with our NT in the West Asian Championship)

Honorable Mention:

Bader Makki, Dany Hammouch, Chidiac Brothers, George Chibani, Mark Kozah, Boulos Bshara. I'm going to also include Khatib and Charles Bardawil here cause they were great young talents during that time. Rony Fahed also started shining with Kahraba during the late 90's as well).
          if you want to say that Paul came in late 90s well Fadi Al Khatib was here earlier than Paul so there you go Fadi is the SF when he left Riyadi in 97 I guess he was 17( I am not sure if he left in 97 or 96 maybe)

Comment

As for my starting five well if we want to count Fadi in so it will be as following:
            1- Walid Doumyati (best Point Guard in Lebanese Basketball history till these days we have to wait for ALi Mahmoud some more years to see but remember everyone Walid was named the best Point Guard in Fiba Asia)
            2/3 Elie Mchantaf and Fadi Al Khatib a duo that brought glory to Sagesse and the Lebanese Basketball.
            4- Yasser El Haj
            5- The one and only Rony Seikaly.
            Bench: Mark Kozah, Patrick Seba, Paul Khoury (if we can count him in) Elie Nasser, Ghazi Boustani, Boulos Beshara, Tony Baroud, Elie Fawaz,Chidiac Brothers, Bader Makki and our best ever player Mr Offensive foul and no socks Moussa Moussa :P I am kidding of course he is not in my list.

Comment

Originally posted by kerdito View Post
              if you want to say that Paul came in late 90s well Fadi Al Khatib was here earlier than Paul so there you go Fadi is the SF when he left Riyadi in 97 I guess he was 17( I am not sure if he left in 97 or 96 maybe)
              Yeah but Paul was already in his prime (well into his 30's) while Fadi was still relatively young and greatly improving but not at his best level yet during the 90's (I could have added his name to the starting list but I wanted to give a chance to the other players )

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                Yeah but Paul was already in his prime (well into his 30's) while Fadi was still relatively young and greatly improving but not at his best level yet during the 90's (I could have added his name to the starting list but I wanted to give a chance to the other players )
                Well yea but you can't ignore him specially since he had many contributions to Sagesse's achievements in 98-99 maybe you can sit him at the bench then and get someone else it depends on who you are getting but I am sure he would be selected among the best 12 back then

Comment

Walid Doumiaty / Bahjat Chidiac / Bader Makkeh/ Patrick Saba
                  Boulos Bechara / Danny Hamouche / Abdo Chidiac/ Roger Nasr
                  Elie Mechantaf / Tony Baroud / Mark Kozah /Vicken Eskedjian/ Ghazi Boustany
                  Yasser El Hajj / Elie Nasr / Jasem kanso

Khatib shined in the late 90s (98-99) but he still can be considered among the 90's stars
                  Last edited by SNIPER; 09-16-2009, 10:49 AM.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUqpCqw_KI

Comment

PG: Walid Doumyati-Boulos Bshara-Bahjat Chidiac
                    SG/SF: Elie Mechantaf-Toni Baroud-ghazi Boustani-Abdo Chidiac-Mark Kozah
                    PF: Vicken Eskedjian-Elie Fawaz-Elie Naser
                    C : Paul Khoury (excuding Rony Seilkaly)

Comment

Originally posted by fakhroski View Post
                      PG: Walid Doumyati-Boulos Bshara-Bahjat Chidiac
                      SG/SF: Elie Mechantaf-Toni Baroud-ghazi Boustani-Abdo Chidiac-Mark Kozah
                      PF: Vicken Eskedjian-Elie Fawaz-Elie Naser
                      C : Paul Khoury (excuding Rony Seilkaly)
                      Paul Khoury did not play in the 90s he played in Lebanon in 2001 or 2002
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUqpCqw_KI

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER View Post
                        Walid Doumiaty / Bahjat Chidiac / Bader Makkeh/ Patrick Saba
                        Boulos Bechara / Danny Hamouche / Abdo Chidiac/ Roger Nasr
                        Elie Mechantaf / Tony Baroud / Mark Kozah /Vicken Eskedjian/ Ghazi Boustany
                        Yasser El Hajj / Elie Nasr / Jasem kanso

Khatib shined in the late 90s (98-99) but he still can be considered among the 90's stars
                        Jasem Kanso mashi...you shouldnt even think of that player...wejjo bil ard w feyit 3al salleh bala ma yshouf 7ada!

and about what was said regarding the best PG in lebanon... i think its Rony Fahed took Walid Domiati's place and not Ali Mahmoud....not that im saying Ali isnt that good...bil 3akes he's amazing!! but Rony Fahed is way much better than Ali Mahmoud!

Long Live Lebanon w badna hal Wild Card la Turkey khallsouna BA2AAAAA !
                        Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

PG: Doumiati
                          SG: Khatib
                          SF: Mchantaf
                          PF: Elie Nasr
                          C: Yasser Hajj

Subs:

PG: Boulos Bechara
                          SG: Ghazi Boustani
                          SF: Tony Baroud
                          PF: Vicken Eskedjian
                          C: Jassem Kanso
                          Patrick Saba
                          Mark Kozah

Comment

You forgot to mention some names :
                            PG's : Elie Sfeir , Rizkallah Sfeir , Dany Barhoum
                            SG: Roger Nasr ( For me he's the best 3 point shooter Lebanon had ever , eventhough he was very weak defensively and mkarrach )
                            PF's : Robert Imad , Richard Hallit , Hani Zakhem

Comment

Originally posted by 471 View Post
                              You forgot to mention some names :
                              PG's : Elie Sfeir , Rizkallah Sfeir , Dany Barhoum
                              SG: Roger Nasr ( For me he's the best 3 point shooter Lebanon had ever , eventhough he was very weak defensively and mkarrach )
                              PF's : Robert Imad , Richard Hallit , Hani Zakhem
                              Man there were many big names in the 90s and we cant put them all (kamen fi G. Chibani, kassouf, marwan ali ahmed, moussa moussa, hamouche...)

Btw do u know who were the top players of Chekka and Beit Merri teams in season 98-99? i cant remeber any...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information