Bonner and Magloire to play for Canada in 2010 World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonner and Magloire to play for Canada in 2010 World Championships

http://http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2009/09/11/10833176-sun.html

I'm excited to see how our team will do with these two additions. If we can also get Juan Mendez, Denham Brown, Dave Thomas and maybe even Dalembert to come back than maybe Canada could make some real noise in 2010.

why does steve nash not play with canada anymore ? maybe his ego was too high during his back to back MVP seasons and almost winning a championship but now the pheonix suns are back to being a mediocre team again and the national team should really try inviting him to play for them . i think they have a good chance of reaching the 1/8 finals with him coming and the additions of magloire,bonner and maybe canada can naturalize an NBA scorer instead of dalembert since they have good big guys now and dalembert fought with the coach last year . This is a chance for canada to become 1 of the worlds best . In the end it was James Naismith(canadian) who invented the game of basketball and canada should always show the world that they are among the best cuz they really have the players for that . trust me basketball is more fun watching than hockey ....

Comment

tyler stick to hockey and leave the real sport to US. joking man yeah u need to get a petition going to get nash back in what was th argument with dalembert and the coach about?
      Last edited by stuart; 09-13-2009, 04:02 PM.
      "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Let's see how many players jump into the Canada bandwagon

Comment

Wow, it's been so long that I'd almost forgotten that Magloire was Canadian. It's too bad he didn't play for them when he was good. Bonner's a pretty good pickup, gives them a more offensively skilled big man.
          Originally posted by Fedfan
          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
          Originally posted by GuTO
          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
            Wow, it's been so long that I'd almost forgotten that Magloire was Canadian. It's too bad he didn't play for them when he was good.
            Sooo true.

The way Magloire has been these last years, WC will be like summer league for him.

Comment

Bonner will be nice fit in the international game... Magloire... Even if he's half healthy he'd be a nice big body there but hopefully you don't give him big minutes.. Nash will have his last stint with Canada in this WC right? Or no?
              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Nash is getting close to 35 years old. He played a decade for the Canadian National team. That's more than you could ask of almost any player. I guess Nash's falling out with the national team came when Jay Triano was fired as head coach of team Canada. Anyways, nothing concrete has been said one way or another about his participation in the worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by BBallfanJ View Post
                  Nash is getting close to 35 years old. He played a decade for the Canadian National team. That's more than you could ask of almost any player. I guess Nash's falling out with the national team came when Jay Triano was fired as head coach of team Canada. Anyways, nothing concrete has been said one way or another about his participation in the worlds.
                  Thanks for that info. i know he's old but this could very well be his farewell stint for the NT--- that would be a sight to see. Here's hoping he still suits up for the Canadian team as they'd be even more competitive if he plays for them.
                  If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

i saw a guy from canada trying out for the D LEAGUE

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information