This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LNBP - Mexican Basketball League

One or two hours ago the new mexian basketball season was starting.
    Personally interested in this league.

I think Halcones Xalapa is again favorite to win the title. Biggest challenger should be also again Soles de Mexicali.

Most likeable team imo Halcones UV Cordoba which plays extremely fast ball and scores around 120-110 (4*10) wasnt unusually in the last seasons.

Here the official site: http://www.lnbp.com.mx/web2/

Are there any other sites which we have to pay attention?

Does anyone know why there are so many new teams in this league or does they change their names only?

You re welcome!

Originally posted by JuJu View Post
    I think Halcones Xalapa is again favorite to win the title. Biggest challenger should be also again Soles de Mexicali.
    Two teams consistently dominating a league for a few years. That's a rare sight in Latin American basketball. At least we'll already recognize both at the Americas League

PS: only 20 clubs? Didn't LNBP have more last year?

Comment

philippines vs mexico in boxing

australia vs india in cricket
      sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

MEX - Mexican Olympic Committee recognises ADEMEBA

SAN JUAN (FIBA) - After a long battle, FIBA and FIBA Americas have finally succeeded in getting the Mexican Olympic Committee (MOC) to recognise the Mexican Basketball Association (ADEMEBA).

This decision followed an exchange of numerous letters and various meetings between the parties involved.

"We are very happy that we finally can welcome the Mexican Basketball Association back in the family," said Patrick Baumann, FIBA Secretary General and IOC member.

"We believe that Mexico has huge potential in international basketball and they will certainly play an important role in the upcoming FIBA Americas championships and even maybe in FIBA world competitions."

The MOC sent a letter to FIBA as proof that it had officially recognised ADEMEBA.

Alberto Garcia, FIBA Americas Secretary General said: "I want to congratulate Felipe Muñoz, President of the Mexican Olympic Committee for his important decision to recognise ADEMEBA in order to continue the development of basketball against any court order."

"The Olympic letter and the sports law in Mexico state clearly that the Olympic Committee has to recognise one institution if it has the recognition from FIBA and ADEMEBA is the only one that complies.

"This decision allows the Mexican national teams to play the classification tournaments for the Central American and Caribbean Games, Pan-American Games in Guadalajara and FIBA Americas Championship (pre-Olympic) in both men and women," he added.

Mexican basketball has been plagued by problems of an organisational and political nature over the past couple of years and lost international recognition in 2008.

The former president of the Mexican Basketball Federation took this matter to court and did not allow the MOC to recognise another basketball organisation in the country.

The MOC, Mexican government institution CONADE and FIBA agreed to create a Reorganisation Commission and called for an election to launch the new organisation as two different groups were claiming that right.

The election took place in Monterrey late in 2008 and united a group of people who were working for Mexican basketball. That, in essence, is how ADEMEBA came to be created.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Spaniard Iván Dénis is the new coach of Halcones Xalapa.
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Soles Mexicali signed forward Devin Davis.
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Halcones Xalapa signed F Cedric McGowan.
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Play-offs just started.

I think it will be Xalapa and Cancun in the finals again as they are the only ones investing heavily into their rosters. And in the end, Xalapa wins it again, as they got the federation behind them. I'm rooting for Cancun. Hope they are going to represent Mexico internationally.

Stephen Soriano, a US-Mexican is tearing up the league so far for the Pioneros.

I from Wisconsin!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Potros ITSON signed F Charles Garcia.
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

Potros also signed Jamal Abu-Shamala for the play-offs. First Jordanian to play in the LNBP.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Does the LNBP have a limit on foreigners or just a limit on US players?
                      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

"MEXICO - LNBP (last update: Jan. 6, 2011)
                        Limits per team: 3 import players .
                        LNBP: at the top of import players each team can have additionally 2 South American players and 2 Mexican-American (Pochos) players. The salary range for import players is from $3,000 to $15,000 USD per month."

I like the term "pocho" :-D

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Xalapa, Cancun, Puebla and Veracruz are through to the next round.
                          Tampico and Nuevo Laredo as welll as surprising Potros Itson and Monterrey are fighting for the last two spots (Both match-ups are 2-2).

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Laredo meets Cancun in the finals...tough one to bet on, but I go with Cancun. New champ will be crowned this year. Mexican club teams do also well on the continent. Xalapa and Cordoba are in the Final Four and it goes down in Xalapa...hope my cousin attends the games

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Iván Déniz is the new head coach of Soles Mexicali.
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information