PDA

View Full Version : Who will win Group E?

ArkadiosV2
09-09-2009, 09:49 PM

g.g
09-09-2009, 11:01 PM
1. Greece 4
2. France 4
3. Croatia 3
4. Germany 3
5. Russia 2
6. FYROM 2

Obviously the winner of the group will be the winner of Greece-France match. I think people underestimate France so far, today we just just glimpses of what Parker and Diaw can do. But sadly, for them, they play against Greece.

The other notable thing in this group is that Germany could as well reach the quarter finals with a 1-5 record. :DSorry Arka, I know you believe in France but up to date they seem to have a huge scoring problem. They have only managed 190 points I think, in 3 games, about 66 ppg...On top of that, their group was the weakest by far. I cant see them winning any serious game by scoring 66 points.

Franz
09-09-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm not sold on France one bit. They had a difficult time scoring against their opponents in Group B. It took them almost to the fourth quarter to finally get their wins. Greece and Croatia are much better overall.

Anyways, here are my 6.

1. Greece (2-0)
2. Croatia (2-0)
3. France (0-2)
4. Germany (0-2)
5. Macedonia (0-2)
6. Russia (0-2)

ozziem
09-09-2009, 11:13 PM
1.Greece
2.France
3.Crotia
4.Germany

wyopeq
09-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Thıs group ıs so weak compared to group F... Greeks wıll made ıt to 6-0 wıthout facıng wıth a real opponent. Second wıll be Croatıa ımo.
However I thınk only Greece can make ıt to semı fınals from thıs group.

g.g
09-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Thıs group ıs so weak compared to group F... Greeks wıll made ıt to 6-0 wıthout facıng wıth a real opponent. Second wıll be Croatıa ımo.
However I thınk only Greece can make ıt to semı fınals from thıs group.100% agree with you. to add; is quite an advantage i think to be in the strongest group before the X game. Basically, take out the 4th of the F group that would possibly have to face Greece, can you see any other of the 3 F teams to have any problem reaching the semis?

Victorious
09-10-2009, 12:00 AM
100% agree with you. to add; is quite an advantage i think to be in the strongest group before the X game. Basically, take out the 4th of the F group that would possibly have to face Greece, can you see any other of the 3 F teams to have any problem reaching the semis?

Exactly, I would rather be in Group F and go for the first three spots. If you make the first two, you're in the semi's.

One thing is certain, Greece will have a very tough quarter final. So I don't really care if we win this group or not. As long as we avoid Spain.

Fedfan
09-10-2009, 12:00 AM
yeah,I watched most part of France matches,and I can't really see them defeating Greece.Maybe not even Hrvatska.
On the other hand,this has been one hell of a tournament where I had to eat crow more than once already..so :)

too bad not bball tomorrow.:(

Fedfan
09-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Exactly, I would rather be in Group F and go for the first three spots. If you make the first two, you're in the semi's.

One thing is certain, Greece will have a very tough quarter final. So I don't really care if we win this group or not. As long as we avoid Spain.

and in the end we can come up on top of this group and STILL face Spain.:cool:

g.g
09-10-2009, 12:04 AM

One thing is certain, Greece will have a very tough quarter final. So I don't really care if we win this group or not. As long as we avoid Spain.To be honest I dont really care whom we would face...Spain, Slovenia, Turkey, Lithuania, Serbia are all just as strong!

g.g
09-10-2009, 12:05 AM
[

But they can do damages. Shall I remind you which other team wearing blue produced great results scoring under 70 ppg? :D

You've got a point here....:D

Gyroscope
09-10-2009, 05:35 AM
However I thınk only Greece can make ıt to semı fınals from thıs group.

In QF they will prolly meet Spain, Slovenia, Turkey, or Poland. With possible exception Poland (although home crowd can be a factor), the other 3 stand better chances, methinks

durden_tyler
09-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Weak group means... You'd have a tougher time in the next round (knockout), it's all about positioning and picking your poison so you can avoid the likes of Spain, maybe Turkey in the next round...

CG
09-10-2009, 07:09 AM
ehhh Greece?:D

samer_1_2
09-10-2009, 07:42 AM
It s hard to say weather France or Greece may stand first in this group
I hope France do it... But France showed a very high level in BB
in the other hand, Greece won against week teams and now it comes serious..so let s see

GO FRANCE ....

Gyroscope
09-10-2009, 07:56 AM
I think France's biggest problem is that they base their game - at least offensively - on 3 players. I think they'll have a hard time against the sophisticated Greek defense.

Conversely, Greece has been showing offensive pluralism. That is a double-edge sword, of course, but it also means that the opponent's defense cannot be focused on specific players.

Although, I have to admit I miss the Galis era. It meant Greece was starting with a +35 point lead before the first jumpball :D

Deschain
09-10-2009, 08:10 AM
France has always played low scoring games , i hardly remember them reaching 80's . even 75.

and a team with focused and complicated defense , lock diaw and truiaf , but not parker

if parker plays himself and scores 20+ points , this means other french players do not contribute enough , and this is the most demanded scenario for greece.

les bleus can fight with greece , but they have very little chance.

fasoulaki
09-10-2009, 08:11 AM
in the other hand, Greece won against week teams and now it comes serious..so let s see

GO FRANCE ....

France should be cautious not to loose against F.Y.R.O.M. I have seen France playing against Germany and believe me if France plays the same way against the pseudo-offspring of Aleksandar Makedonski you will find yourself on spot 3 or 4.

CG
09-10-2009, 09:39 AM

GO FRANCE ....

France high level?when?
Greece weak team?croatia?Really?

The poll voting is full of Greek loby:D

Turkish Airlines Euroleague
09-10-2009, 10:00 AM
France high level?when?
Greece weak team?croatia?Really?

Greek loby is buying Eurobasket... :D

BrutalDlx
09-10-2009, 12:27 PM

GO FRANCE ....

Riiiiiiight. Of course so far France has played against superpowers...

I seriously doubt that France can beat Croatia, if Croatians play half-decent.
imo
1. Greece (pls no Spain or Slovenia in the QF thankyouverymuch)
2. Croatia
3. France
4. Germany

parso
09-10-2009, 12:31 PM

Not really I voted for Greece... still this group is weaker than the other one one has to say...

ozziem
09-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Greek loby is buying Eurobasket... :D

not greek lobby in this time ,I have to vote for you..

CG
09-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Not really I voted for Greece... still this group is weaker than the other one one has to say...

not only the group is weaker but also their fans here have been falling in extinction.
Germany - There are not.Half of them are greeks and the other half Israels :D
France - We send people there to represent them in IBN :D
Russia - After the 2009 F4 extincted :D
Croatia - Some species found it recently in IBN.His leader is a chicken.We have hope for them
FYROM - Alien nature nation.EXISTED?

at last i fed up with Greek jokes
are all Greek to me:)

g.g
09-10-2009, 01:07 PM
In QF they will prolly meet Spain, Slovenia, Turkey, or Poland. With possible exception Poland (although home crowd can be a factor), the other 3 stand better chances, methinksdid you vote france to win the group?

Luíz for 3
09-10-2009, 02:12 PM
This EB is the second under this competition system and since the creation of the Qualifying Round (in Spain, 2 years ago), all the NT that started with 2-0 advanced to the quarter finals. I believe this year it will go the same way. Greece and France will in Katowice. The others will be, in my opinion, Croatia and Germany. I don't believe in Russia because they are 0-2 and they have to play with the best team in Poland 2009, Greece and Croatia. Russia will end with 1-4. Win vs. FYROM.

Greece 5/0
Croatia 3/2
France 3/2
Germany 2/3
Russia 1/4
Macedonia 0/5

ataman5
09-10-2009, 02:28 PM
All righty this group is tough as hell, Greek lobby has to start working really hard:D Just kidding ofcourse.

This group is weak and weak and weak. Greece will be the top of it.

And in this kind of tournaments, being in this kinda group for greece is not good at all, because they'll never know their ''peak game'', which will end their being so high in their confidence but when they faced the real world, teams like on the F group can cause them a big dissapointment. They should stay very focused after this group so to not let anybody down.

rvat
09-10-2009, 02:53 PM
greece had begginers luck, france is just bad, so is russia, so no doubt croatia will win

obe31
09-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Croatia will win it. The loss against Greece was just a fluke. They were still warming up till the real tournament starts.

If the real tournament doesnt start for them in second stage well it can all always start next year..plenty of tournaments to go.

They will warm up eventually, we have faith.

raph
09-10-2009, 03:15 PM
We will see if some teams decide to "chose" their future opponent (to avoid poland & spain mostly) from group F, we could see a couple "surprising" losses. At least after the first game.

g.g
09-10-2009, 03:20 PM
We will see if some teams decide to "chose" their future opponent (to avoid poland & spain mostly) from group F, we could see a couple "surprising" losses. At least after the first game.love to play against poland in QF!

obe31
09-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Yes, Greece is just starting to have the beginners' luck. At their 23rd Eurobasket appearance.

You must wait and see what happens in their 50th appearance. They will actually get some experience too by then.

You havent seen what he wrote at the Greece - Germany thread...

Fedfan
09-10-2009, 04:02 PM
not greek lobby in this time ,I have to vote for you..

I agree.
LUCK and MIF is enugh for group stage
,after only greek loby can save us.:(

rvat
09-10-2009, 04:06 PM
that's correct. greek loby is very strong but finally it canīt compensate forever the lack of talent in greece team which is very limited team I must say unfortunetly :(

g.g
09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
that's correct. greek loby is very strong but finally it canīt compensate forever the lack of talent in greece team which is very limited team I must say unfortunetly :(So how on earth the talentless Greek team won over the Croatia team and your bros the Vitaminkos?:D

rvat
09-10-2009, 04:18 PM
greek loby + luck + very bad day for croatian ( obviously much more spectacular and talented) team

Arindiel
09-10-2009, 04:19 PM
that's correct. greek loby is very strong but finally it canīt compensate forever the lack of talent in greece team which is very limited team I must say unfortunetly :(

Usually when my team loses from an inferior opponent i accept the fact that they might have more talented squad.I accepted the fact that spain fairly won gold in 2006,i accepted croatia talent when they beat us with 40points in the past...same goes every time an opponent proves me in the court that he is inferior.I can accept your belief that greece has no talent at all but c'mon saying that 2-3 days after you lost the game shows empathy i think.Greece might not even make it to final 4 teams but imo they are not clueless..talent exists in that team

obe31
09-10-2009, 04:19 PM
So how on earth the talentless Greek team won over the Croatia team and your bros the Vitaminkos?:D

Begginer's luck re! He said it! Pay attention! lol :D

Fedfan
09-10-2009, 04:21 PM

yes it's true.:(
But!
Greek loby + LUCK + Fyrom fans with flags...sky is our limit!!!

rvat
09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
well comentator on croatian tv said that macedonian fans were spectacular and he is wise guy. I believe him :cool:

Fedfan
09-10-2009, 04:28 PM
well comentator on croatian tv said that macedonian fans were spectacular and he is wise guy. I believe him :cool:

me too.
If it's on tv it must be right.:)

CG
09-10-2009, 05:07 PM
greek loby + luck + very bad day for croatian ( obviously much more spectacular and talented) team

and dont forget psychology
i liked mostly when you use the word OBVIOUSLY :D
now i am sure.You are not mentally ok.By the way you remind me someone:D
reveal yourself newbie:D
please someone to check the IPs for possible similarities...

g.g
09-10-2009, 05:36 PM
greek loby + luck + very bad day for croatian ( obviously much more spectacular and talented) teamWhen I was young there were some Croatian teams that if they would had played in 2009 EB the would had given to the likes of Greece and Spain 20+ points any day! That was talent, today's Croatia team in nothing more than "we just trying" and please do not try to compare them with real talent as some people may turning in their graves.....
OBVIOUSLY you don't trust me, so I guess you should ask some compatriots about it. Am sure that deep down they know well what am talking about.

Kalashnikov
09-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Of course they were. Quite some macedonians among the rest of the Greeks. However, don't forget to mention also the FYROMians. Even when losing by -32 they still didn't give up being ridiculous :D

PieR
09-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Final standing will be:

1. Greece 10
2. France 9
3. Croatia 8
4. Germany 7
5. Russia 6
6. F.Y.R. of Macedonia 5

... so the answer is clear -> Ελλάδα ;)

Buzissa
09-10-2009, 07:00 PM
1. Greece/5-0
2. Croatia/4-1
3. France/3-2
4. FYROM/2-3
--------------
5. Germany/1-4
6. Russia/0-5

Greece - WWW
Croatia - WWW
France - WLL
FYROM - LWW
Germany - LLL
Russia - LLL

Freaknick
09-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Wow. 58 Greek votes to only 6 French??? Greece is pretty strong, but honestly, what do they have on the wing as far as a go-to scorer? I picked France to win this one, but my esteemed colleague Slam picked Greece in our latest podcast. I wouldn't have expected such a discrepancy in the polls.

PODCAST: Hoopers, Poopers, and Predictions at Eurobasket (http://euroleagueadventures.com/podcast-hoopers-poopers-and-predictions-at-eurobasket/)

g.g
09-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Wow. 58 Greek votes to only 6 French??? Greece is pretty strong, but honestly, what do they have on the wing as far as a go-to scorer? I picked France to win this one, but my esteemed colleague Slam picked Greece in our latest podcast. I wouldn't have expected such a discrepancy in the polls.

PODCAST: Hoopers, Poopers, and Predictions at Eurobasket (http://euroleagueadventures.com/podcast-hoopers-poopers-and-predictions-at-eurobasket/)Well, last time Greece lost to France it was last millennium!!!!

softice
09-11-2009, 07:59 AM
Who will win this group.. doesnt matter at all.
The eurobasket will start at quarter finals
And there is not a chance to choose an easy opponent from other group's top four.
Btw i think Greece will win agaisnt Germany and Russia and im waiting for a close game with France

Mysh
09-11-2009, 08:20 AM
And there is not a chance to choose an easy opponent from other group's top four.
Btw i think Greece will win agaisnt Germany and Russia and im waiting for a close game with France

I agree.

The disadvantage of Greece will be not having many tough games, since quarter finals. While Slovenia, Serbia, Spain and Turkey will have plenty.

On the other side Greece will have lots of stamina to kick in, since Coach Kazlauskas' has done by far the best rotation in the tournament.

from MACEDONIA
09-11-2009, 08:21 AM
france

samer_1_2
09-11-2009, 08:34 AM
I think France Team do it smart .. They will not give their maximum potential against Greeck..
Thus Greek guys will start shouting at us showing their strength and history, and battles oh yeahhhh ya yah

Let s meet again in the quarter final, there will be another talk..
Your are too arrogant.. you will loose

Who said you will win against Germany to take the top of this group.. !!! Let s see.. I dont care if you take the top or not.. no senseeeeeeeee

I forgot to say I dont believe in those polls.. you greek guys are more in numberssssss

BrutalDlx
09-11-2009, 08:37 AM

You've got the competition system all figured out, haven't you Einstein?

samer_1_2
09-11-2009, 08:41 AM
You are so brutal as your name
kick off man

BrutalDlx
09-11-2009, 08:49 AM
I forgot to say I dont believe in those polls.. you greek guys are more in numberssssss

Hey Einstein, click on the votes number and figure out who voted for whom.

samer_1_2
09-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Hey Einstein, click on the votes number and figure out who voted for whom.
you are having 59 vote till the moment .. you still need 49 ...

If I say you are the winner, from now till ever... would you be happy
You are strongly brutal ...
:p

g.g
09-11-2009, 09:04 AM
I think France Team do it smart .. They will not give their maximum potential against Greeck..
Thus Greek guys will start shouting at us showing their strength and history, and battles oh yeahhhh ya yah

Who said you will win against Germany to take the top of this group.. !!! Let s see.. I dont care if you take the top or not.. no senseeeeeeeee

I forgot to say I dont believe in those polls.. you greek guys are more in numberssssssHey man, take it easy, France is a top team! My only concern is their low scoring 66 ppg on average! What do you think?

Kalashnikov
09-11-2009, 09:28 AM

No offense but since when do Interbasket polls determine results?? If that was the case, Fyrom would have given Greece a hard time to beat in the opening game!

The only reason why there is such a big difference is that generally speaking, Greece has been exceeding expectations so far with their performance. On the other hand, France is a team that could reach the semi-finals. However, this team is not the best that the French side has come up with in the last years. Thus, the skepticism of whether they can make it or not

g.g
09-11-2009, 10:55 AM
2006 actually (Stankovic Cup)

France and Greece can't meet in the quarter finals. I doubt they can even in the semis.

But you have right bout the poll. Greek loby rulz.oops!!!!:o

Kalashnikov
09-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Post deleted

finally! skopians came out of their caves after the opening day ridicule

don't expect anyone to sink to your level just because you can't do better than that

dimsot
09-12-2009, 10:03 PM
OMG by mistake i vote for the Greek team ...............

how can i take it back and vote FYROM

Icarus
09-12-2009, 10:24 PM

Well said I agree.

KokkinosVasilias
09-13-2009, 06:03 AM
ok, here are the final standings :D

1. Greece... 5-0
2. France... 4-1
3. Russia.... 2-3
4. Croatia... 2-3
5. FYROM... 1-4
6. Germany. 1-4