X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroleague Juniors 2006

Hi,

back to busines, eh?

so, however pathetic Top-16 was for Zalgiris, they still made the Euroleague final! junior final, that is, but ... this was actually the plan!

anyways, right now all group games are over and we await only the final game, which will be held tommorow. btw, the groups were as follows:

Group A
    Winterthur FC Barcelona
    Prokom Trefl Sopot
    Union Olimpija
    BC Zalgiris Kaunas

Group B
    KK Cibona
    CSKA Moscow
    Montepaschi Siena
    Prague 2006

Games went as follows:

Thursday, April 27, Day 1

Winterthur Barcelona vs. Prokom Trefl 78-70 F
    Union Olimpija vs. Zalgiris Kaunas 53-79 F
    Cibona vs. CSKA Moscow 60-84 F
    Montepaschi vs. Prague 2006 80-39 F
    Winterthur FCB vs. Union Olimpija 75-81 F

Friday, April 28, Day 2

CSKA Moscow vs. Prague 2006 84-61 F
    Cibona vs. Montepaschi Siena 77-56 F
    Prokom Trefl vs. Zalgiris Kaunas 57-86 F

Saturday, April 29, Day 3

Prokom Trefl vs. Union Olimpija 79-92 F
    Zalgiris Kaunas vs. Winterthur FCB 83-61 F
    Prague 2006 vs. Cibona 69-74 F
    CSKA Moscow vs. Montepaschi 87-89 F

CSKA will meet Zalgiris in the final. no need to tell, which team should we support
    Zalgiris is the only unbeaten team in the tournament. they won all three games by 26 or more points (despite often trailing in the first half - that's juniors for you). CSKA, on the other hand, managed to lose to Montepaschi, who somehow lost misserably to Cibona, who, in turn, was totally crushed by CSKA. anyways, CSKA is looking for a sweep. that would be some result for them so they will be extremely motivated. no need to tell that Zalgiris will be motivated as well, coz there is no other rival in the whole wide world for Zalgiris as CSKA. the outcome, however, is far from clear. it could be close, but it could also be a 20+ win by one of the teams, imho.

k
    stop russia

Union Olimpija main inside force and Polish youngster Kamil Pietras (209cm, 1988) had a great weekend. In three games he averaged 27.0ppg, 14.6rpg, 1.3apg, 2.0spg, 3.3bpg with average player index ~39.7.

Union Olimpija won two games (against Prokrom Trefl and Barcelona) and lost one game (against for me favourite of this tournament - Žalgiris Kaunas, Olimpija was close untill the end of 3Q, but then Žalgiris youngsters did really nice run over). Žalgiris has the most equal team on all player spots.

Comment

I don't get it. Are Zalgiris youngsters really so strong or maybe it's just because other teams don't consider this as a serious competition?

Comment

Originally posted by YYY
        I don't get it. Are Zalgiris youngsters really so strong or maybe it's just because other teams don't consider this as a serious competition?
        well this team is much more like lithuania U-18 team, six players aren't from sabonis basketball school and don't have contracts with zalgiris. but i am praying that they will sign contracts with čepukaitis and janavičius.

Comment

Originally posted by Basketball GOD
          well this team is much more like lithuania U-18 team, six players aren't from sabonis basketball school and don't have contracts with zalgiris. but i am praying that they will sign contracts with čepukaitis and janavičius.
          Thats not totally right. If it was U-18 NT you surely would see much better names in there. Some guys arent from Sabonis school, but next year they will play for Zalgiris 2nd team in NKL (2nd Lith league). And contracts with under 18 players dont happen in Lithuania, so its not like any of them has any contract, but all of them have some links with Zalgiris (for example Cepukaitis and Janavicius joining Zalgiris 2nd team next season).

Comment

Originally posted by Zalgirinis
            Thats not totally right. If it was U-18 NT you surely would see much better names in there. Some guys arent from Sabonis school, but next year they will play for Zalgiris 2nd team in NKL (2nd Lith league). And contracts with under 18 players dont happen in Lithuania, so its not like any of them has any contract, but all of them have some links with Zalgiris (for example Cepukaitis and Janavicius joining Zalgiris 2nd team next season).
            Is it true or just speculation? Becouse Skurdauskas from Vilnius Sakalai played in this tournament last year, Viskontas Simonavicius and Trakimas (all 3 1986 born NT players) in 2004. None of them joined Zalgiris. As for much better names only Gecevicius is much better.

"And contracts with under 18 players dont happen in Lithuania"
            Where has to be some kind of contract. Without it they can't pay them, and if they pay they break law IMHO
            The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux
              Is it true or just speculation? Becouse Skurdauskas from Vilnius Sakalai played in this tournament last year, Viskontas Simonavicius and Trakimas (all 3 1986 born NT players) in 2004. None of them joined Zalgiris. As for much better names only Gecevicius is much better.
              Well cant say its 100% as it didnt happen yet, but its very likely from what I heard. About last year you are absolutely right, those players you mentioned really have nothing with Zalgiris. Simply 1987 year was kinda pathetic here. This year only Skurdauskas isnt that much connected to Zalgiris, all others in one way or another are.

"And contracts with under 18 players dont happen in Lithuania"
              Where has to be some kind of contract. Without it they can't pay them, and if they pay they break law IMHO
              Its Lithuania you know How all these players went to NCAA if they had proffesional contracts? Some players went to NCAA even from LKL clubs, so figure it out yourself

Comment

CSKA won by 4 points (59:55). CSKA wins everything. Ivanov is smiling in the photo. CSKA and Maccabi are the best teams in Europe.

can somebody please wake me from this nightmare now? ... please?
                stop russia

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                  Union Olimpija main inside force and Polish youngster Kamil Pietras (209cm, 1988) had a great weekend. In three games he averaged 27.0ppg, 14.6rpg, 1.3apg, 2.0spg, 3.3bpg with average player index ~39.7.
                  Yeah Kamil is a great guy and player! I give him 2 years and I see him in Barca, or in Zalgiris I know that he will play in very good team, anf for very good money Maybe NBA hmmmm ?!

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
                    Yeah Kamil is a great guy and player! I give him 2 years and I see him in Barca, or in Zalgiris I know that he will play in very good team, anf for very good money Maybe NBA hmmmm ?!
                    No way Olimpija will sell him so fast. He is at least 4 years away for playing for Barca or some other big club. And with change in club's policy from next year on all Olimpija's fans hope that in 4 years Olimpija will be back at least on Zalgiris' level and gain it's respect back.
                    "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

yes, but look that for example 2nd Polish young star - Michal Chylinski, sign contract with Unicaja Malaga, but didnt play in Spain. He was loaned to Poland, where he play for Astoria Bydgoszcz.

Comment

Kamil Pietras signed 6 years contract with Union Olimpija at the begining of the 2004/2005 season.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                          Kamil Pietras signed 6 years contract with Union Olimpija at the begining of the 2004/2005 season.
                          Yes, I know but he can be ploaned to other team...

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
                            Yes, I know but he can be ploaned to other team...
                            PHILIP you are destined for leading role in DUMB&DUMMBER 3. Why would Olimpija loan Kamil to a better club, if we can sell him to them, but not sooner than in about 4 years. For now Kamil is nowhere near Nba level and even talentwise I don't see him in Nba. He hasn't proven himself in any major competition so far (not that he had a chance), so it's to soon to judge his upside, but his lack of quickness and athleticism raise a question.

Comment

Originally posted by Proph·et
                              PHILIP you are destined for leading role in DUMB&DUMMBER 3

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information