expectations from your NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expectations from your NT

what are your expectations from your NT in this eurobasket?
    mine (Israel) are quarter finals so we might make it to the world championship but for that we'll probably need to surprise croatia/greece in group A to make it more reasonable to reach the quarter finals (and ofcourse not losing to FYROM) but the fact Caspi isn't playing and Meir Tapiro(&hi's tons of experience) has retired makes it pretty hard but if burstein will be at hi's best, halperin won't let down, eliyahu will learn what def means&green won't get injured, again then it might be possible with the Israeli fighting spirit who knows..

Originally posted by MaccabiTA View Post
    the fact Caspi isn't playing and Meir Tapiro(&hi's tons of experience) has retired makes it pretty hard but if burstein will be at hi's best, halperin won't let down, eliyahu will learn what def means&green won't get injured, again then it might be possible with the Israeli fighting spirit who knows..
    Yep, Israel lacks height and bench, and therefore injuries or an up-tempo fast game could hurt your chances.

Comment

Originally posted by pep View Post
      Yep, Israel lacks height and bench, and therefore injuries or an up-tempo fast game could hurt your chances.
      our def is also one big disadvantage espescially in the paint with green who isn't tough enough, afraid to get injured and eliyahu which doesnt really know what the word def means, amit tamir same pretty much and the only one that can make good def under the baskets, kuzikaro is unfortuantly too short to do something. our game should rely on quick attacks,in long ones it'll probably be up to eliyahu&halperin and maybe burstein, green and pnini here and there

Comment

mine (Israel) are quarter finals so we might make it to the world championship but for that we'll probably need to surprise croatia/greece in group A to make it more reasonable to reach the quarter finals (and ofcourse not losing to FYROM) but the fact Caspi isn't playing and Meir Tapiro(&hi's tons of experience) has retired makes it pretty hard but if burstein will be at hi's best, halperin won't let down, eliyahu will learn what def means&green won't get injured, again then it might be possible with the Israeli fighting spirit who knows..
        Actually I think that the do-or-die match will b against Russia. I'm not impressed by the russian team at all and I think Israel with its well known fighting spirit has a chance 2 do it. I believe your team will beat FYROM and advance 2 the 2nd round, u will also beat Germany or Latvia(whoever advances) and the difficult part will b 2 eliminate the reigning champions!
        Your time is up my time is now,
        you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

Originally posted by T.W.Is.M. View Post
          Actually I think that the do-or-die match will b against Russia. I'm not impressed by the russian team at all and I think Israel with its well known fighting spirit has a chance 2 do it. I believe your team will beat FYROM and advance 2 the 2nd round, u will also beat Germany or Latvia(whoever advances) and the difficult part will b 2 eliminate the reigning champions!
          well it's not going to be easy to beat russia, first their coach knows the israeli players pretty well and second, even though they lost their most important players from the winning team in 07 they're still one of the strongest NTs but we did beat croatia in the same rnd last championship then i guess it is possible, and dirk nowitzki isn't participating in this championship so it's possible to beat em (germany), but first we must beat FYROM don't forget they got pretty strong and i hope there won't be any surprises on this one.

Comment

To not embarrassing ourselves like in the last Eurobasket.We must qualify for world championship at least.
            Last edited by Srle; 09-05-2009, 06:49 PM.
            UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
              To not embarrassing us like in the last Eurobasket.We must qualify for world championship at least.
              where are you from? your profile says yugoslavia... i guess you're talkin bout serbia... if im not wrong serbia lost in the first gruop rnd after losing to israel

Comment

It was still Yugoslavia when i joined to this site Yes Serbia.We didn't pass first group.We were eliminated by you.
                UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                  It was still Yugoslavia when i joined to this site Yes Serbia.We didn't pass first group.We were eliminated by you.
                  you got talented team and our only advantage on you was the fighting spirit, you came to this game like these two points are yours and you just need to wait 40 min to make it official

Comment

you got talented team and our only advantage on you was the fighting spirit, you came to this game like these two points are yours and you just need to wait 40 min to make it official
                    I think the most difficult game for Israel would be against Fyrom, if they do that, they have plenty of chances to reach even quarter finals.

As for my team, firstly I would like them to play some fast inspiring bb. I would be happy if they reach medals, and I want the GOLD! Do I ask much?
                    sigpic
                    GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by g.g View Post
                      I think the most difficult game for Israel would be against Fyrom, if they do that, they have plenty of chances to reach even quarter finals.

As for my team, firstly I would like them to play some fast inspiring bb. I would be happy if they reach medals, and I want the GOLD! Do I ask much?
                      i guess you're right
                      we don't have high expectations against you guys or against croatia, with croatia our chance is to catch them on a wick day, with you we need to stay close since most of your games are on low score in the money time everything would be possible as long we stay tight, and that is not going to be easy at all cuz you guys are really strong even without some of your stars..but thats pretty much your biggest disadvantage, the low score.. cuz mostly you don't create big enough gap from the other team but you still got a very strong def to keep this gap till the end. this time you got some younger players so i believe you might surprise with a gold medal but i don't think you should worry if you don't even win a medal because you're creating a very strong team for the next time and for long years which will be very hard to beat

Comment

Greece will reach, one way or another, the QF. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the end of the road for them...
                        "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gyroscope View Post
                          Greece will reach, one way or another, the QF. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the end of the road for them...
                          that's true but i also wouldn't be surprised if you'll win a medal, but as i said you're building a great team for the following years

Comment

In best case - medal
                            In worst - 9-12 places
                            In most probable one - 5-8 places and maybe WC ticket

Comment

Important players missing, new and inexperienced players taking their place, guided by a new coach with different mentality.

I guess a WC ticket will a success considering that this means 5th place, just 1 place lower than 2007 when the team had a full roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information