PDA

View Full Version : DBL Semifinals

woma
04-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Maybe it's time to open a first thread on the polish part of Interbasket Forum and it's hard to find a better topic than play-offs.

Quarterfinals were pretty boring here:
Prokom Trefl vs SKS Polpharma 3:0
Anwil Włocławek vs Turow Zgorzelec 3:0 (Turow is the biggest disappointment of 05/06 season)
Polpak Swiecie vs Stal Ostrow 3:0
Czarni Slupsk vs Slask Wroclaw 3:1 (Wroclaw won one road game, but later lost both home games)

Yesterday's game between Prokom Sopot and Czarni Slupsk was the beginning of semifinals (best of five system), Prokom won 80:70, but Czarni put a good fight, finally M.Burneika did something positive (3/3 for 3), but Kikerpill was Kikerpi-killed by Prokom defense. At halfitime score was close, but Prokom made a big run in 3rd quarter (thanks to good performance by Dylewicz, Wójcik and Atkins) and won. Next game on sunday.

Today Anwil Wloclawek and Polpak Swiecie will start their fight for a final spot, Anwil is of course a favorite, especially with starting center of Polpak Steve Thomas (11.3 PPG, 10.0 RPG and 1.3 BLP) being questionable because of an injury, Polpak for sure will have to plai without Lepinaitis and Frank, two important role-players. But they can surprise people and Rick Apodaca is a very competetive, so they will fight.

PS. I reccomend to everyone Jeff Nordgaard's blog on official site of polish league, you can read it here (english only) - http://www.plk.pl/?sub=blog&id=227&nid=1280

J-Mart
04-29-2006, 06:08 PM
nice blog man

I like it

Ricky Martin in Poland :confused: he is crazy

PHILIPeurobasket
05-04-2006, 05:47 AM
Thanks for Polish section :)

Prokom Trefl Sopot wthout any problems won 3th game against Energa Czarni Slupsk 77:61, beat them in semis 3-0, and advancd to DBL Finals. Prokom to victory led Adam Wojcik, who has 19 points. Very good game for Czarni played Omar Barlett, who scored 19 points, and grabbed 12 balls.
Prokom in final games, will fight with Anwil Wloclawek or Polpak Swiecie.

DBL semi-finals (3th game):
Energa Czarni Slupsk vs. Prokom Trefl Sopot 61:77
Czarni: Barlett 19, Davis 10, Frasunkiewicz 8, Burneika 7, Kikerpill 7, Kudriawcew 6, Dunn 4.
Prokom: Wojcik 19, Jagodnik 15, Atkins 8, Nemeth 7, Andersen 6, Dylewicz 6, Pacesas 6, Dalmau 5, Masiulis 3, Nordgaard 2
Stats from game -> http://www.e-basket.pl/?mecz=28176#stats

-----------------
STUART can You tell me where are my posts? I have about 1500 posts, and now I have only 1 :(

Philip, check your inbox. - Stuart

PHILIPeurobasket
05-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Anwil Wloclawek will fight with Prokom Trefl Sopot in DBL Finals! Today Anwil won in Swiece, with local Polpak 87:71. Most points for Anwil scored Michal Ignerski - 21. Very good game played also Brent Scott, who has 14 points and 10 rebounds. For Polpak (again) most points scored Rick Apodaca - 22 (+ 7 rebounds and 5 assists).
Anwil Wloclawek in DBL Finals will fight with Prokom Trefl Sopot, and Polpak Swiecie in games about bronze medals will play with Energa Czarni Slupsk.

DBL semi-finals (3th game):

Polpak Swiecie vs. Anwil Wloclawek 71:87
Polpak: Apodaca 22, Beasley 13, Szczesniak 12, Przybyszewski 9, Szubarga 8, Jonusas 7, Thomas 0, Debski 0, Mis 0
Anwil: Ignerski 21, Jahovics 16, B.Scott 14, Witka 13, Swanson 9, E.Scott 8, Hajric, 6, Woloszyn 0, Grudzinski 0, Prekevicius 0, Lisicky 0, Sroka 0

RVS
05-04-2006, 08:19 PM
2 years ago I was in one club with Jahovics! :) I hope Anwil be next champions of DBL :) , but I didn't liked how they do with Armands Skele... :mad:

PHILIPeurobasket
05-04-2006, 09:21 PM
2 years ago I was in one club with Jahovics! :) I hope Anwil be next champions of DBL :) , but I didn't liked how they do with Armands Skele... :mad:

What!? So You are b-all player? Sory but Im from Wloclawek, and I play in Anwil junior, and I didint know what You mean with Skele !? Skele have problems with Polish mafia - he must give them so money, so he leave Poland :(

Skele is star with sode water in head, but Jahovisc is DBl star (almost in defence play) :)

RVS
05-04-2006, 10:08 PM
I was b-ball player, I played in BK Rīga/Pols(now it is called ASK/Rīga). Now I am athlet!

I know Skele and he is very good b-ball player, but I can't understand why is he playing in Belgium or Poland!? :confused: I think he is deserve to play in Spain or Italy! :) Or in ASK/Rīga! :D

Jahovics is a star?! :) I didn't knew that!

PHILIPeurobasket
05-05-2006, 03:55 AM
I was b-ball player, I played in BK Rīga/Pols(now it is called ASK/Rīga). Now I am athlet!

I know Skele and he is very good b-ball player, but I can't understand why is he playing in Belgium or Poland!? :confused: I think he is deserve to play in Spain or Italy! :) Or in ASK/Rīga! :D

Jahovics is a star?! :) I didn't knew that!

Yes Gatis is a star...Maybe he didnt scored so many points, but if You watch game You say after 40 minutes that Jahovics play very good in defence, and he must me named MVP game :)

Skele is stupid player! I know him, becouse we are talk in Wloclawek, and we talk also now ... Belgium is a good place for him! Did You know that he in Belgium was 2 days in jail !? :eek: .... for drugs !!!

woma
05-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Gatis is really good defensive player, plays outstanding man to man defense and is great with helping on board. But he has looooooong way to go with his offensive skills, if he doesn't want to be put on the list as "one dimensional player".

Regarding Skele - he is playing with Charleroi on loan from Anwil and he will have contract for one more year with team from Wloclawek, but since he doesn't want to come back there (some off the court issues) he will be probably loaned one more time. He is fantastic on offense (especially playing 1 on 1 and driving to the basket), but his mentality is his biggest nemezis.

RVS
05-06-2006, 05:18 AM
Did You know that he in Belgium was 2 days in jail !? :eek: .... for drugs !!!

:eek: No, I didn't knew that! Skele is good on offensive and Jahovics is good on defensive, so put them together and you can get perfect player! :D

What about Poland players? I know only one - Hlebovickis. I think that he was good but I don't know where he is now??? :confused:

PHILIPeurobasket
05-06-2006, 05:36 AM
:eek: No, I didn't knew that! Skele is good on offensive and Jahovics is good on defensive, so put them together and you can get perfect player! :D

What about Poland players? I know only one - Hlebovickis. I think that he was good but I don't know where he is now??? :confused:

yes this is true. I have good contact with Zbigniew Bialek (he play with Skele in Liege) :(

Polish players ... Hlebowicki play in EKA AEL Limassol (CYP-A1,1T), and in FIBA Europe Cup averaged 9.3ppg, 4.8rpg, 6ast, 2FGP: 41.5%, 3FGP: 34.6%, FT: 59.1%.

Do You want info about others Polish players? Please write here his surnames :)

RVS
05-06-2006, 06:13 AM
I don't know other Polish players! Write something about your best players! :)

P.S.In english "you" always writes with small letter except when it is first word in the sentence. ;)

PHILIPeurobasket
05-06-2006, 06:56 AM
I don't know other Polish players! Write something about your best players! :)

P.S.In english "you" always writes with small letter except when it is first word in the sentence. ;)

Hmmm do you hear about Kamil Pietras, Szymon Szewczyk, Marcin Gortat, Miroslaw Lopatka (I write now only players who play in European league, not in Poland!)

For example Szymon Szewczyk:
Best Polish prospect his age. Great parformance close to the basket. Can rebound and block. He is a center that is tremendous athlete, with speed, quickness and outstanding elevation. It's the genes, as his father is a coach and former 1st Division player. He's a great scorer, from anywhere (3-pointers to dunks) and with any sort of shot or move, as he is a fine ballhandler. On defense, he has a lot to learn but he can block shots. He uses his athleticism to be an excellent rebounder. A super prospect!

2005-2006: Union Olimpija Ljubljana (SLO-1A): Euroleague: 14 games: 7.3ppg, 2.8rpg, 2FGP: 58.8%, 3FGP: 36.8%, FT: 73.3%; Adriatic League: 21 games: 6.5ppg, 2.7rpg, FGP: 57.8%, 3PT: 37.5%, FT: 85.2%

Miroslaw Lopatka
Great potential. Can hit 3-pointers despite typical center size. Very quick as for th eplayer his size. Can dribble, sometimes even too much. Definitely one of the biggest potentials in the league.

2004-2005: KS Turow Zgorzelec (EBL,1T): 32 games: 16mpg, 7.4ppg, 5.3rpg, 2FGP: 51.5%, 3FGP: 25.0%
2005-2006: BC Marc Kormend (HUN-A Division,1T): 30 games: 28ppg, 11 rpg and 2.8bpg!

Marcin Gortat
A very promising player, who started playing at center, but who is now improving his perimetral game; his future is at PF, or even at SF; has explosive leaping abilities, is a great slasher, has yet a great personality on the court;

2005 July: Reebok Vegas Summer League (Orlando Magic)
2005-2006: RheinEnergie Köln (GER-1.Bundesliga,1T): FIBA Europe Cup: 15 games: 9.2ppg, 4.5rpg, 7ast, Blocks-1(1.2bpg), 2FGP: 71.3%, FT: 70.6%

There you have only 3 players .. check rest here :) http://www.eurobasket.com/abr.asp?Cntry=POL&CntryNbr=10

Proph·et
05-06-2006, 10:10 AM
...Omar Barlett, who scored 19 points, and grabbed 12 balls.

LMAO at your Engrish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engrish) Philip, and grabbing balls is statistic reserved for Reggie Evans (http://youtube.com/watch?v=QFcinlrgojk&search=chris%20kaman) only.

For example Szymon Szewczyk:
Best Polish prospect his age. Great parformance close to the basket. Can rebound and block. He is a center that is tremendous athlete, with speed, quickness and outstanding elevation. It's the genes, as his father is a coach and former 1st Division player. He's a great scorer, from anywhere (3-pointers to dunks) and with any sort of shot or move, as he is a fine ballhandler. On defense, he has a lot to learn but he can block shots. He uses his athleticism to be an excellent rebounder. A super prospect!

Since when are 24 year old players prospects? Szewczyk is not a center, but PF and not a very good one to be honest. He's not above average athlete as stated above and he's a terrible defender. He has much to learn, and he's not getting younger every year.

Skele is stupid player! I know him, becouse we are talk in Wloclawek, and we talk also now ... Belgium is a good place for him! Did You know that he in Belgium was 2 days in jail !? :eek: .... for drugs !!!
Yo, drama queen stop gossiping.

woma
05-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Oh my god, I am trying my best to not roll on the floor right now - Marcin Gortat having future as PF/SF, Mirosław Lopatka having great potential (being almost 30 and lazy as hell too) and Szymon Szewczyk as a best polish prospect (if you can call a player who is 24 a prospect), buhahahaha :).

And Zbigniew Białek didn't play basketball for like 16 months now, so it's hard to expect anything good from him. He was a good talent, but he made some mistakes planning his career and now will have to start once again from the scratch. Even if his agency (this one where Philip "works") will present him as biggest talent on earth :).

PHILIPeurobasket
05-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Even if his agency (this one where Philip "works") will present him as biggest talent on earth :).

Get off from "bialy" :mad:
Woma are You from Poland? :mad:

PHILIPeurobasket
05-06-2006, 03:26 PM
and grabbing balls is statistic reserved for Reggie Evans (http://youtube.com/watch?v=QFcinlrgojk&search=chris%20kaman) only.

Heh yes this was great action :D grabbing balls :p

woma
05-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Get off from "bialy" :mad:
Woma are You from Poland? :mad:
Yes and unfortunately for you I know you much better than people here...

Why do I should get off "biały" - if he is presented as "next big deal" and in reality is just an average player (and injured right now), I don't see why I shouldn't write about it.

PHILIPeurobasket
05-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Yes and unfortunately for you I know you much better than people here...

Powiem tylko tyle ... ludzie sie zmieniaja i nie musimy rozpoczynac tu jakis klotni! (sorry guys for Polish language)

Why do I should get off "biały" - if he is presented as "next big deal" and in reality is just an average player (and injured right now), I don't see why I shouldn't write about it.

Bialek have danger injury, back now all is OK, and in next season he will be play again in Slupsk.

woma
05-06-2006, 06:06 PM
About Białek - I know that he had an injury and he is now okay, but even at his best he was AVERAGE for european standards and now will have a long way to go...

And Philip, some people will never change - you said it many times on polish boards that "you will change" and this never happened.

(sorry Stuart, but some things have to be said..)

PHILIPeurobasket
05-09-2006, 07:01 PM
DBL FINALS (1st game): Prokom knocked Anwil by 16 points, and led 1-0 ...

In first game of DBL Finals Prokom Trefl Sopot without any problems demolished Anwil Wloclawek 88:72. Prokom to victory led Christian Dalmau, who scored 24 points (21 after 1st half), and have 6/10 for three(!). Most points for Anwil made Michal Ignerski - 18. Prokom Trefl led now over Anwil 1-0. Next game on Thursday also in Sopot.

DBL Finals (1st game):
Prokom Trefl Sopot vs. Anwil Wloclawek 88:72
Prokom: Dalmau 24, Wojcik 14, Atkins 13, Nemeth 9, Nordgaard 8, Masiulis 6, Dylewicz 6, Jagodnik 3, Pacesas 3, Andersen 2
Anwil: Ignerski 18, E.Scott 12, B.Scott 9, Witka 8, Lisicky 8, Jahovics 5, Sroka 5, Grudzinski 3, Hajric 2, Prekevicius 2, Swanson 0
Stats from game -> http://e-basket.pl/?mecz=28275#stats

Prokom Trefl led now over Anwil 1-0.

:( :( :(

PHILIPeurobasket
05-11-2006, 06:48 PM
DBL FINALS (2nd game): Anwil won 2nd game in Sopot !!!

Anwil Wloclawek beat in 2nd game of DBL Finals Prokom Trefl Sopot 83:74. Anwil to victory led duet Michal Ignerski - Pete Lisicky. Ignerski scored 19 points and grabbed 10 balls, also Lisicky has 19 points. Most points for Prokom Trefl has Rashid Atkins - 13. After two games Prokom tied with Anwil 1-1. 3th game will be on Sunday in Wloclawek.

DBL Finals (2nd game):
Prokom Trefl Sopot vs. Anwil Wloclawek 74:83
Prokom: Atkins 13, Wojcik 12, Jagodnik 12, Andersen 12, Masiulis 7, Nemeth 5, Dalmau 5, Nordgaard 4, Pacesas 3, Dylewicz 1
Anwil: Lisicky 19, Ignerski 19, E.Scott 11, Witka 9, Hajric 7, Jahovics 6, Sroka 6, B.Scott 4, Swanson 2, Grudzinski 0, Prekevicius 0
Stats from game -> http://e-basket.pl/?mecz=28276#stats

After two games Prokom Trefl tied with Anwil 1-1.

YEAHHHHH :):):)

Proph·et
05-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Oh my god PHILIP...... For the 2nd time it's called rebounding, not grabbing balls.

It can be done without calling him names. - Stuart

J-Mart
05-12-2006, 07:08 AM
thanks god im a pg :rolleyes:

PHILIPeurobasket
05-13-2006, 08:34 AM
This is the end for Steve Thomas (203-F-81, college: Middle Tenn.St.) in Polish DBL. American center after quarter-finals games against Stal Ostrow has problems with ankle. Injury this is so dangerous, that Thomas comesback to USA, and he will didnt play for Polpak in games about 3th place. Thomas was one of star in Polish league, he averaged 10.3 points, and 9.3 rebounds per game.

Proph·et
05-13-2006, 08:50 AM
no baiting... stuart

PHILIPeurobasket
05-13-2006, 10:19 AM
If he play in All-Star, he must be star, yes ?:cool:

PHILIPeurobasket
05-13-2006, 07:00 PM
DBL games about 3th place (1st game): Czarni beat Polpak, and need one victory to 3th place

Energa Czarni Slupsk close to the 3th place in DBL. Today in Swiecie; Energa Czarni beat local Polpak 68:60. Czarni to victory led Miah Davis (183-G-81, college: Pacific) - 16 points and 7 assists, and Omar Barlett - 16 points and 9 rebounds. For Polpak good games play Jerome Beasley - 16 points + 10 rebounds, and also Zygimantas Jonusas with Rick Apodaca - both players scored 13 points. Czarni led now 1-0, and need only one victory to the 3th place in DBL. Next game on 15 May in Slupsk.

DBL games about 3th place (1st game):
Polpak Swiecie vs. Energa Czarni Slupsk 60:68
Polpak: Beasley 16, Jonusas 13, Apodaca 13, Morkowski 6, Przybyszewski 6, Szubarga 3, Mis 2, Szczesniak 1
Czarni: Davis 16, Barlett 16, Kikerpill 11, Kudriavtsev 10, Frasunkiewicz 9, Dunn 4, Burneika 2, Flieger 0, Jagoda 0
Stats from game -> http://www.e-basket.pl/?mecz=28279#stats

Energa Czarni led 1-0, and need only one victory to the 3th place.

YYY
05-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Wow I didn't know you guys have such a funny thread here. That "grabbing balls" thing really made me to laugh. :D

PHILIPeurobasket
05-14-2006, 07:30 PM
DBL FINALS (3rd game): Anwil lost after horror game. Prokom led now 2-1

DBL Finals arrived to Wloclawek. Today in 3rd final game Anwil Wloclawek lost at home after dramatic game 64:66. When on clock was 10 seconds to end Prokom Trefl led by 2 points, and Anwil has ball. Robert Witka shoot for 3 points, but missed... Prokom led now in finals 2-1. Most points for Anwil scored Michal Ignerski and Dante Swanson - both players has 12 points. Prokom to victory led Adam Wojcik, who has 12 points. 4th game will be on 16 May, also in Wloclawek.

DBL FINALS (3rd game):
Anwil Wloclawek vs. Prokom Trefl Sopot 64:66
Anwil: Ignerski 12, Swanson 12. B.Scott 11, E.Scott 9, Hajric 6, Witka 5, Jahovics 5, Lisicky 3, Sroka 1, Grudzinski 0
Prokom: Wojcik 12, Jagodnik 10, Nemeth 9, Masiulis 8, Nordgaard 7, Dalmau 6, Pacesas 6, Andersen 4, Atkins 2, Dylewicz 2
Stats from game -> http://e-basket.pl/?mecz=28277#stats

Prokom Trefl led now over Anwil 2-1.

woma
05-16-2006, 06:10 PM
If 3rd game was a horror, the 4th one was a cheap brasilian soap opera - Prokom grabbed Anwil by balls soon after the game started and didn't let go, instead they squeezed, squezzed and squezzed, unless game was over. Prokom won 84:53 and they are 3-1 in the finals, so they need one more win to make a 3-peat. They will have a chance to do it on friday (there is a small possibility to move this game for sunday) when they will host Anwil in Sopot.

The best scorers: Dalmau 19, Jagodnik 13, Wójcik 12 - Swanson 13 (only Anwil player in double digits).

PHILIPeurobasket
05-16-2006, 07:14 PM
DBL FINALS (4th game): Knock-out in Wloclawek ! Prokom beat Anwil by 31 points !

Knock-out in 4th DBL Finals game! Anwil lost second game at home. This time Prokom Trefl won 84:53, and lead 3-1. Prokom to victory lead Christian Dalmau with 19 points, and Goran Jagodnik with 13 points + 9 rebounds. For Anwil most points scored Dante Swanson - 13.

Next game on Friday (19 May) in Sopot. Prokom need now only one victory to DBL Championship.

DBL FINALS (4th game):
Anwil Wloclawek vs. Prokom Trefl Sopot 53:84
Anwil: Swanson 13, Prekevicius 9, B.Scott 7, Grudzinski 5, Lisicky 5, Jahovics 4, Ignerski 4, Witka 4, Hajric 2, E.Scott 0, Sroka 0
Prokom: Dalmau 19, Jagodnik 13, Wojcik 12, Nemeth 12, Andersen 8, Masiulis 8, Atkins 6, Nordgaard 4, Dylewicz 2, Pacesas 0, Bogusz 0
Stats from game -> http://www.plk.pl/?sub=game&id=2172&htid=20&vtid=19

Prokom Trefl lead over Anwil 3-1.

PHILIPeurobasket
05-18-2006, 03:35 AM
DBL games about 3rd place (2nd game): 2-0 for Czarni, and Czarni with bronze medals !!!

First medals in Czarni Slupsk history! Today in second game about 3rd place Czarni beat at home Polpak Swiecie 79:71. One more time in last games most points for Energa Czarni scored Miah Davis, who has 22 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists. Good game played also Przemyslaw Frasunkiewicz - 20 points + 8 rebounds. Most points for Polpak scored (again) Rick Apodaca - 23.

Czarni won over Polpak 2-0, and will earn first time in club history Polish league medals!

DBL games about 3rd place (2nd game):
Energa Czarni Slupsk vs. Polpak Swiecie 79:71
Czarni: Davis 22, Frasunkiewicz 20, Kikerpill 11, Kudriavtsev 10, Dunn 7, Burneika 6, Barlett 3, Flieger 0
Polpak: Apodaca 23, Jonusas 16, Beasley 16, Morkowski 5, Szubarga 4, Szczesniak 4, Mis 3, Debski 0, Przybyszewski 0
Stats from game -> http://www.e-basket.pl/?mecz=28280#stats

Czarni Slupsk won over Polpak 2-0, and earn bronze medals.

woma
05-19-2006, 06:09 PM
The season is officially over - Prokom Sopot didn't give any chances to Anwil and beat the hell out of them with a 89:62 win. Prokom won a series 4:1 and for the 3rd time in row is a Polish Champion. Congratulations for them - this is the only club in Poland where you have some consistency with decision making and it paid off. Now they can start to think about building an even stronger roster for next season, with a goal being a TOP 16 of Euroleague.

PHILIPeurobasket
05-19-2006, 07:49 PM
PROKOM TREFL SOPOT - 2006 POLISH CHAMPIONS !!!

Third time in 3rd years Prokom Trefl Sopot won Polish Championship !!! Today in 5th DBL Finals game Prokom Trefl again without any problems beat Anwil Wloclawek 89:62. Prokom to championship lead Goran Jagodnik with 20 points, and Filip Dylewicz with 11 points and 9 rebounds. Very good game play also Christian Dalmau - 12 points, Adam Wojcik - 11 points, and Jeff Nordgaard - also with 11 points. Most points for Anwil scored Rober Witka - 16 points and Pete Lisicky - 12 points. Prokom Trefl won this Finals over Anwil 4-1.
MVP this Finals was named Tomas Masiulis from Prokom Trefl.

DBL FINALS (5th game):
Prokom Trefl Sopot vs. Anwil Wloclawek 89:62
Prokom: Jagodnik 20, Dalmau 12, Dylewicz 11, Wojcik 11, Nordgaard 11, Nemeth 8, Andersen 8, Atkins 6, Pacesas 2, Bogusz 0, Masiulis 0
Anwil: Witka 16, Lisicky 12, B.Scott 7, Hajric 6, Ignerski 6, Swanson 6, Jahovics 5, E.Scott 3, Sroka 1, Grudzinski 0, Prekevicius 0
Stats from game -> http://www.plk.pl/?sub=game&id=2175&htid=19&vtid=20

Prokom won over Anwil 4-1, and won Polish Championship !!!

Ehhh no chances, no chances :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:((: