Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanon NT 2009 vol. IV

Previous thread is here.

So now after the failure to reach world cup, what will be our goals?

Iran with ehadadi and china with their nba players will be out of our reach in the next few years. they will dominate asia. WE SHOULD FOCUS ON GAINING THE THIRD SPOT BACK IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS.
    Last edited by rikhardur; 08-17-2009, 03:21 PM.

Originally posted by fadikhatib View Post

Iran with ehadadi and china with their nba players will be out of our reach in the next few years. they will dominate asia. WE SHOULD FOCUS ON GAINING THE THIRD SPOT BACK IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS.
    Didn't u learn anything from todays final ?????
    We have one of the best teams but we must play more as ateam and gain chemistry we have alot of talented players and from now till 2011 u will see a complete team which will win asia Just wait and seee GOOO LEBANON

Comment

Originally posted by khaledlebanon View Post
      Didn't u learn anything from todays final ?????
      We have one of the best teams but we must play more as ateam and gain chemistry we have alot of talented players and from now till 2011 u will see a complete team which will win asia Just wait and seee GOOO LEBANON
      man i want u to go back to the late nightie's when lebanon basketball started to rise and people started to be interested in the game. its when the federation allowed the teams to get foreign players to join their teams. it went for 4 to 5 years like that where the team with the best imports wins, except sagesse for the sole reason that they had the better lebanese players. its after those 4 to 5 years when those teams started to notice the importance of having good lebanese players on the court and not just rely on imports especially that the federation decreased the number of imports per team from 3 to 2.

i wrote this long introduction just to tell u that we have matt freijeh vroman and daniel faris but they are not enough to make us win again heydeh if they decided to play again for the team. we need a new generation of lebanese players with the level of khatib mechantaf rony fahed etc. can u find any? well i cant especially that the lebanese league now is facing huge problems and lebanese started to loose interest in the game. i have many friends who used to be obsessed by sagesse team and now they didint watch one game for lebanon and if it wasnt for me they wouldnt have known that lebanon reached the semis and that players such as freijeh and vroman are playing for the team!.

we need a new revolution in basketball like the one antoine choueiry made.

Comment

Nicce points you brought up. Today the media coverage is mainly politics, and the game is dieing. Without the fans, the game means nothing.
        riyadi destroyed the league and the game. as usual hariri destroys the country.
        I wish he just goes back to saudi arabia where he belongs.
        joe vogel should have never been allowed to play as lebanese in the league. most teams started looking for players with lebanese origins playing outside in order to win riyadi.
        Developing lebanese players is outside the book of lebanese teams today. And in order to gain that back, we need to stop letting joe vogel or vroman play as lebanese in the league.

Comment

Nicce points you brought up. Today the media coverage is mainly politics, and the game is dieing. Without the fans, the game means nothing.
          riyadi destroyed the league and the game. as usual hariri destroys the country.
          I wish he just goes back to saudi arabia where he belongs.
          joe vogel should have never been allowed to play as lebanese in the league. most teams started looking for players with lebanese origins playing outside in order to win riyadi.
          Developing lebanese players is outside the book of lebanese teams today. And in order to gain that back, we need to stop letting joe vogel or vroman play as lebanese in the league.
          i was always a sagesse fan but it was not riyadi who destroyed the game. ali mahmoud ismail ahmad and joe vogel played first for champville.
          antoine choueiry who is the reason basketball in lebanon reached this level ( big credit to him) couldnt accept a team other then his to win the championship. in the final against champville in the third game the referee counted the basket of bassem balaa while he shot it after the buzzer and this where everything started. the champville officials made a big fuss about it, the president resigned and the players were released. antoine choueiry counter reacted and resigned too. the champville stars nkeyeh bil hekmeh went all of them to riyadi. sagesse team went on a huge decline and this is when riyadi started to dominate the lebanese league .

the federation never had interest in the lebanese team. its because millionaires like choueiry used to spend huge money on the lebanese clubs that the level of lebanese players and the youth players started to rise + the lebanese started to get interest in playing the game and watching it because they knew if they made it to the league they'll become rich and famous.a player in the days of choueiry would buy an X5 in a year play with sagesse!

results: superb players that start training with the team one month before the asian championship and end up qualifying to the wc, not because of a good federation policy but because only they had the skills and the will to win. this year was the first time i feel the federation really looked up for the lebanese team but it was too late and it did cost us the qualification to the wc.
          Last edited by lebanese NT; 08-16-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

no my friend they won't just wait and see, we proved that we have superb players and Chinese would tell you what kind of game we gave them. and the Chinese Media was saying that they lost the game yesterday because they had that game with us, anyway we need to improve many aspects of the game, whether the young players, the league better, get a stable Federation that can really improve the game with Mr Pierre Kakhia being the head of it, because this guy gave a lot and tried his best and had a superb view to the game but instead of helping him like few did, many tried to make his Life hell and tried to let this NT fail just to prove that they are the best!!!! I am really so ashamed of those people.
            Anyway we still have a good level of Basketball cheer up and look at some of our young prospects look at the good side Pierre Kakhia and all those who helped him are still here so we still have the dream we will never let this go, we will always have hope, faith and believe in our NT because simply we are Lebanese.

Comment

Lebanon can get the wild card:

1st reason:

important to organizers due to geographic reasons...as u know lebanon is very near to turkey and thousands of us were planning to watch the tournament in turkey...i.e. higher attendance for organizers

2nd reason:

in 2006 4 wild cards were given to:

turkey: it is host of 2010 and didnt qualify for 2006

italy: silver medalists in athens 2004 olympics and didnt qualify to 2006

serbia: world champions in 2002 and didnt qualify to 2006

puerto rico: participate in many world cups but didnt qualify to 2006 by surpise...

none of these cases are present now

3rd reason:

who said that if europe got 3 tickets last time then it will this time
              who said that if america got one ticket last time then it will this time

4th reason:
              europe will get at most 2 since turkey are the hosts

5th reason:

we were robbed iagainst china in semi final

6th reason:
              in 2006...four asian teams participated
              History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

Lebanese Basketball

I didn’t want to start this topic earlier because what I saw in this forum the past two days was below anything, I really think the moderators should do a better job, deleting post and banning people for life, they have the chance to have such a wonderful board, but its sad to see some people taking it to a very low level.

Before starting, I think that this 4th place in the FIBA Asia Championship is a total disaster, I see that there is a lot of people complaining about the referee, he did call an imaginary foul on Rony, but blaming him for our problems is typically the Lebanese mentality, where we are afraid to look at the problems and instead we blame it all on one man.

I am sorry to say, but even if we had the worst referees in the word against us, we should have achieved better than this 4th place with the potential we had, and the optimum condition the staff had to prepare the team, we should have never had our ask kicked by Jordan twice. But as a Lebanese tradition, no one will pay for those mistake, we will blame it on the ref.

Who is to blame in this fiasco? The players? The coach? The head of the federation and his guru? No one you will tell me, if it wasn’t for Ravshan Ganiev we would have won Asia.

I think it’s time for us to stare at our problems.

Since we started participating in the Asian Cup in 1999, we didn’t improve a single bit, everyone did but we didn’t. Should I remind you with which team we qualified for the Indianapolis 2002 world cup? We are lucky to play in the worst continent ever, if we weren’t in Asia we would have never dreamed to qualify to a world cup.

Sadly the national team problem is only the tip of the iceberg, we are facing. Lebanese basketball is on the verge of rupture. We still have not enough teams to form a league next year, right now only 3 teams are ready to play for next season (Riyadi, Mottahed, Champville), 3 of the top 6 teams of last season folded or are threatening of folding (Tebnine, Sagesse, Bluestars), another sad Lebanese tradition that is happening every year.

Basketball is at risk in Lebanon, its been sadly falling in the wrong hands now for too long, a lot of stuff on the juridical, political and sport terrain needs to be done to save it. I just hope that we won’t run from it this time, and use this misfortune to our advantage by putting the basis to the new and the bigger Lebanese Basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by rtk04 View Post
                  Lebanon can get the wild card:

1st reason:

important to organizers due to geographic reasons...as u know lebanon is very near to turkey and thousands of us were planning to watch the tournament in turkey...i.e. higher attendance for organizers

2nd reason:

in 2006 4 wild cards were given to:

turkey: it is host of 2010 and didnt qualify for 2006

italy: silver medalists in athens 2004 olympics and didnt qualify to 2006

serbia: world champions in 2002 and didnt qualify to 2006

puerto rico: participate in many world cups but didnt qualify to 2006 by surpise...

none of these cases are present now

3rd reason:

who said that if europe got 3 tickets last time then it will this time
                  who said that if america got one ticket last time then it will this time

4th reason:
                  europe will get at most 2 since turkey are the hosts

5th reason:

we were robbed iagainst china in semi final

6th reason:
                  in 2006...four asian teams participated
                  Europe might get 3 if good teams won't qualify we have to wait and see what happens in both Europe and America because if teams like Germany, Serbia, Spain, Russia or Lithuania won't qualify then for sure most of them would get wild cards, as for America well let's wait and see who is going to be there, I hope Argentina , Brazil and Puerto Rico are there because that would make our job a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by kerdito View Post
                    Europe might get 3 if good teams won't qualify we have to wait and see what happens in both Europe and America because if teams like Germany, Serbia, Spain, Russia or Lithuania won't qualify then for sure most of them would get wild cards, as for America well let's wait and see who is going to be there, I hope Argentina , Brazil and Puerto Rico are there because that would make our job a lot easier.
                    as for puerto rico definitely they wont get a wild card for second time in a row....
                    and i dont think europe will be represented by 10 teams so they wont get 3....you are right though we hope that no surprises happen

Comment

as for puerto rico definitely they wont get a wild card for second time in a row....
                      and i dont think europe will be represented by 10 teams so they wont get 3....you are right though we hope that no surprises happen
                      well why won't they get another wild card this year? by the way Fiba Americas is very tough this year and Argentina might be the one getting a wild card since they are participating with their team C!!

Comment

Originally posted by kerdito View Post
                        well why won't they get another wild card this year? by the way Fiba Americas is very tough this year and Argentina might be the one getting a wild card since they are participating with their team C!!
                        hehe simply cz puerto rico need to qualify through the games and not always thru invitation...
                        sho mkhalfinon w nesyinon kil marra ya3towon ticket
                        by the way where is daniab...he is the heart of this forum

Comment

eurobasket 2009 teams

Bulgaria
                          Croatia
                          F.Y.R. of Macedonia
                          Germany
                          Great Britain
                          Greece
                          Israel
                          Latvia
                          Lithuania
                          Poland
                          Russia
                          Serbia
                          Slovenia
                          Spain
                          Turkey

the last team is gonna be decided between france, belgium and bosnia. Italy looks out of eurobasket, so I don't think Fiba will give them a wild card if they didn't even make it to eurobasket, But if also france misses then Fiba will probably choose between the two because they are big countries.

Lets' hope these teams make it.
                          greece,croatia,germany,russia,spain,lithuania, (turkey) qualified, plus 2 wildcards at most I guess it's enough with 9 european teams. I'm worried though they might give great britain because they host the olympics in 2012, if they do then only 1 more should be given to europe, germany misses Nowitzki.

Comment

as for americas championship i'm sure argentina will make it, they still have a great team, in las vegas they also missed many players but still qualified, so will brazil and puerto rico because they are the home team, and I think D.R will also qualify.
                            the rest teams we will see if they get wild card.

virgin islands, panama (hard to get wildcard)
                            canada,venezuela (might get it depending on pos, if 5-6 maybe)
                            mexico,uruguay (i expect these two to be 5-6, they have a chance)

Comment

hehe simply cz puerto rico need to qualify through the games and not always thru invitation...
                              sho mkhalfinon w nesyinon kil marra ya3towon ticket
                              by the way where is daniab...he is the heart of this forum
                              Well I never heard anything about not giving a team a wild card twice so I guess it is still possible if they don't qualify directly and if maybe Fiba would take into consideration that this team is not improving while the rest in the same Fiba Zone is so they might not deserve to get one

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information