X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Asian Guys

East Asian Guys,

Lets not argue with the other posters on here. You know that without naturalized players, Lebanon, Jordan, Qatar, and the Phillipines, would not be good in basketball. I mean, even the Iranian coach complained about it.

Look at how China does in sports:

-table tennis
    -badminton
    -gymnastics
    -swimming (29 World Championships medals at the World Aquatics Swimming Championships equal to America, coming in 2nd only to America)
    -women's doubles' tennis, (and Michael Chang, only Asian to ever win a Tennis Grand Slam in a ATP event)
    -rowing, (a little)
    -weightlifting
    -Women's Beach Volleyball
    -Women's Volleyball (Indoor)
    -2008 China Men's Beach Volleyball Team, ranked 3rd in the world, (while the women usually all do better)
    -4 past WNBA players, (1 currently in the WNBA)
    -5 past NBA players, (2 currently in the NBA, for now both starters)
    -100 Olympic medals, 51 Gold medals, (beating America)

I mean, even Japan and South Korea are OK in sports, and then they cannot use the excuse that they are 1.4 billion, people, because
    Japan and South Korea are much smaller nations.

Japan:

-Olympic sports
    -2 World Baseball Classic Championships against North Americans, (African-Americans and White Americans) and Latin Americans, both of which are good in sports
    -4x100 meter relay Bronze medal in 2008 Beijing Olympic Games Track and Field competition, (raw speed)
    -several FIFA World Cup qualification appearances
    -several players in the football English Premier League, (better than any West Asian players or Southeast Asian football players)
    UFC Fighters, (Kid Yamamoto, Lyoto Machida, etc.)
    -1 NBA player, (at the guard position)
    -several WNBA players
    -etc.

South Korea:

-Olympic sports
    -Some of the best women's golfers in the world in the LPGA, (plus Anthony Kim)
    -several players in the football English Premier League, including Park Ji-Sung on Manchester United, (better than any West Asian football players or Southeast Asian football players),
    -7 FIFA World Cup qualification appearances, (thus demonstrating excellence through consistency)
    -1 NBA player
    -etc.

I mean they always say that it is because they are so small, but:

(1) Lithuania is even smaller than Lebanon and Jordan, but they won 5 Olympic medals in the Beijing 2008 Olympics, in quality sports, many of their medals are even better than the medals that the Chinese won in Beijing 2008 Olympics. Plus Lithuania always has top quality pro basketball players even in the NBA, overall better than China
    (2) Even Japan and South Korea win far more Olympic medals than Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, etc., yet they are at best medium-sized nations--the Phillipines is even larger than South Korea, yet they won far less Olympic medals.
    (3) The United States is much, much, smaller than China, at only 300 million, yet it is still much better than China at sports.

When is the last time that Lebanon, Jordan, and the Philippines, ever won an Olympic medal at any sport, or won a medal in the World Championships at any sport? Look at "w w w d o t Olympics d o t o r g". Look at their team history.

Look at their football team rankings compared to the East Asian nations on FIFA.com.

And to say that people are prejudiced FOR the Chinese when that is ususally the exact opposite of the truth, and most people are prejudiced AGAINST US, especially in SPORTS, when whenever we win against a supposedly "superior" nation when we are actually equal to them, like America, Lebanon, Jordan, and the Phillipines, they ALWAYS accuse us of cheating! And yet, whenever they win against us, it is: oh of course, we were "meant" to win, we know we were supposed to win all along.

Shameful.

They cannot seem to produce any good world-class athletes born and raised in their own countries, like Jordan, Lebanon, and the Philippines, except for Rony Seikaly and Manny Pacquaio. And that is the standard, you know, like the song in the United States commercial goes: ...I was born and raised in the USA...", yet they scoff at losing in basketball, a sport with some of the tallest and most athletic athletes in the world. Talk about arrogant. And then they accuse other people of cheating when they lose These people are amoral and cheaters. Don't be like this East Asian Men, and don't argue with people you can't win an argument against--win or lose, live or die, you always win or lose and live and die like a man, strong and righteous, noble and always hopeful, a gracious winner, and yet a humble loser.

I mean, come on, you know how they are at sports. Don't argue with them, you are never going to force them to see the truth anyway. They think they are superior to you, even though they are worse at sports, so THEY think they should always win every time. Let them say what they want, look at my list up above. It is all lies what the other posters say.

They will kill you if you keep on arguing with them, even if they are wrong, they will not accept it. Too much prode and ego. Don't anger them. I mean they will kill you. But you know how good they really are.

Stay righteous, even to your persecutors, East Asian people, and God and Heaven will always give us the better athletes than them, all the way to the End of the World.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-15-2009, 04:12 PM.

watch out for stuart, he is handing warnings here and there. he might hand some bans soon

Comment

Originally posted by Ch41 View Post
      East Asian Guys,

Lets not argue with the other posters on here. You know that without naturalized players, Lebanon, Jordan, Qatar, and the Phillipines, would not be good in basketball. I mean, even the Iranian coach complained about it.

-table tennis
      -badminton
      -gymnastics
      -swimming (29 World Championships medals at the World Aquatics Swimming Championships equal to America, coming in 2nd only to America)
      -women's doubles' tennis, (and Michael Chang, only Asian to ever win a Tennis Grand Slam in a ATP event)
      -rowing, (a little)
      -weightlifting
      -2008 China Men's Beach Volleyball Team, ranked 3rd in the world, (while the women usually all do better)

I mean, even Japan and South Korea are OK in sports, and then they cannot use the excuse that they are 1.4 billion, people, because

Japan:

-Olympic sports
      -2 World Baseball Classic Championships against North Americans, (African-Americans and White Americans) and Latin Americans, both of which are good in sports
      -4x100 meter relay Bronze medal in 2008 Beijing Olympic Games Track and Field competition, (raw speed)
      -several players in the football English Premier League, (better than any West Asian players or Southeast Asian football players)
      -several WNBA players
      -etc.

South Korea:

-Olympic sports
      -several players in the football English Premier League, including Park Ji-Sung on Manchester United, (better than any West Asian football players or Southeast Asian football players),
      -7 FIFA World Cup qualification appearances, (thus demonstrating excellence through consistency)
      -1 NBA player
      -etc.

(1) Lithuania is even smaller than Lebanon and Jordan, but they won 5 Olympic medals in the Beijing 2008 Olympics, in quality sports, many of their medals are even better than the medals that the Chinese won in Beijing 2008 Olympics. Plus Lithuania always has top quality pro basketball players even in the NBA, overall better than China
      (2) Even Japan and South Korea win far more Olympic medals than Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, etc., yet they are at best medium-sized nations--the Phillipines is even larger than South Korea, yet they won far less Olympic medals.
      (3) The United States is much, much, smaller than China, at only 300 million, yet it is still much better than China at sports.

When is the last time that Lebanon, Jordan, and the Philippines, ever won an Olympic medal at any sport, or won a medal in the World Championships at any sport? Look at "w w w d o t Olympics d o t o r g". Look at their team history.

Look at their football team rankings compared to the East Asian nations on FIFA.com.

And to say that peopel are prejudiced FOR the Chinese when that is ususally the exact opposite of the truth, and most people are prejudiced AGAINST US, especially in SPORTS, when whenever we win against a supposedly "superior" nation when we are equal to them, like Lebanon, Jordan, and the Phillipines, they ALWAYS accuse us of cheating! Shameful.

I mean, come on, you know how they are at sports. Don't argue with them, you are never going to force them to see the truth anyway. They think they are superior to you, even though they are worse at sports, so THEY think they should always win every time. Let them say what they want, look at my list up above. It is all lies what the other posters say.

They will kill you if you keep on arguing with them, even if they are wrong, they will not accept it. Too much prode and ego. Don't anger them. I mean they will kill you. But you know how good they really are.

Stay righteous, even to your persecutors, East Asian people, and God and Heaven will always give us the better athletes than them, all the way to the End of the World.
      LOL, what are you one of those Americans that believes anything that's on CNN and that every single Lebanese person is a terrorist? Grow out of it.

However you do make a fair point, we suck at sports and always have, our only hope was this basketball team and it's painful to see us fall short on so many occasions.

But trust me, when you have as many internal problems as the Lebanese have(politics, religion), it's impossible to produce decent sports teams/athletes.

Comment

Why drag the Philippines here? Besides, we do not have yet naturalized players here. And are we complaining here? We know we lost and if you look at our threads, we don't blame anybody but our selves for our team's lack of proper preparation and program.

And also, one thing more, just for your information in case you don't know. Philippines is in the EAST SIDE of the ASIAN REGION too.

And for the record, the only EAST ASIAN team that beat us on this tournament is KOREA. We beat Chinese Taipei and Japan, fair and square. Ok?

And saying that we would not be good without having a naturalized player, and you might also refer to our players that have half Filipino blood, I hope nobody eats his own words here.JAPAN has JR Sakuragi (but didn't play on this FIBA Asia version due to internal matters) and Korea? Just like the Phils, they have half bred players (mix blood that is).

And yeah, in case you would like to watch, tomorrow, Nonito Donaire and Abe Concepcion will be having their champ match in boxing against a Panaman and a Mexican and Django Bustamante and Efren Bata Reyes will be playing again this years as one of the top seeds on this years World Pool Championship.
        Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

Okay , in 2006 ASian Games Jordan Kicked all it's opponents including Korea Easily without Rasheim Wright and Osama Daghlas ......

So Shut up , with or without our Naturlaized player ( Rasheim ) and Our abroad player ( osama Saghlas ) we still kick you
          pLAY yOUR gAME , dON'T b aSHAMED

Comment

East Asian Guys,

-table tennis
            -badminton
            -gymnastics
            -rowing, (a little)
            -weightlifting

Japan:

-Olympic sports
            -several WNBA players
            -etc.

South Korea:

-Olympic sports
            -1 NBA player
            -etc.

And to say that peopel are prejudiced FOR the Chinese when that is ususally the exact opposite of the truth, and most people are prejudiced AGAINST US, especially in SPORTS, when whenever we win against a supposedly "superior" nation when we are equal to them, like Lebanon, Jordan, and the Phillipines, they ALWAYS accuse us of cheating! Shameful.

You spent such a time trying to inferior a country *( 10 450 km ^2 ) .

Look at the lebanese political history. The israel war that ruined lebanon in 1975.

But i guess you do not concentrate on that, but rather idiotic lame details to show how low we are as lebanese players.

Do you even have an idea what is happening to the lebanese basket ball ?? No , so stop bashing. The lebanese basketball is dying, there are no sponsors to hold a team in the lebanese tournaments. No more basketball, no more nothing. The world cup championship is a must to us to revive the game , or else it s screwed for ever.

SO don t get pissed if lebanon actually had a chance to win the asia cup , and eliminated korea, and almost eliminated china if it weren't for a bad referee call..

Now, you want to use that naturalized argument again, which is only valid to jackson vroman , then fine use it, go complain to the fiba.

This is lame, and uncalled for

Comment

I think it s time to mature out of the personal grudges.

Perhaps some lebanese on this boards are aggressive , but if you let a couple of users get you into a grudge against a whole 4 million only people country, then i think you are immature.

Stop with the personal grudges, this is sports, Lebanon competed, Lebanon proved in the tournament that it was a worthy opponent which almost snatched the victory twice from the undefeated chinese legends ( now legends with pressure ).

That's it, stop arguing.

Comment

don't reply guys no need to reply on such nonsense posts
                Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

How Funny this american Boy ......
                  Talks about naturalization , and hes Country " USA " is the Father of Naturalization .......

All your World Champions in sports are not Americans at all , btw about 98% of america are not americans , the real americans are american indians who u have committed a Genocide against them .....

So plz Shut your big Mouth
                  pLAY yOUR gAME , dON'T b aSHAMED

Comment

Originally posted by lord-patrick View Post
                    I think it s time to mature out of the personal grudges.

Perhaps some lebanese on this boards are aggressive , but if you let a couple of users get you into a grudge against a whole 4 million only people country, then i think you are immature.

Stop with the personal grudges, this is sports, Lebanon competed, Lebanon proved in the tournament that it was a worthy opponent which almost snatched the victory twice from the undefeated chinese legends ( now legends with pressure ).

That's it, stop arguing.
                    The last time China lost a game in Asian tournament is in 2002...

In the 2010 Asia Games China will definitely lose the Champion unless hiring a much better coach(Guo Shiqiang is a bust even in the Liaoningclub..Fuck you Xin Lancheng for hiring him to be the CNT coach)

Comment

And on this game, yeah, I am rooting for China to win here for the reason that they are the sole east Asian nation left that have a chance to win the finals.

But that call from the refs on the Rony Fahed was really conspicious. But then, breaks of the game, that's what we call it. And also, there was an almost travelling call on El Khatib on the 4th q when he fumbled the ball against 3 Chinese defenders that the refs had it a no call.

But the whole game, the refs are fair in general, in my honest opinion.

I can feel for the Lebs fans,but this is a game, no need to drag races issues here. It happens to anybody anyway.
                      Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

Long post
                        I'll only comment on the relation between sports and the size of the population.

There's a big relation between the 2 but it's not the only determining factor. There's also the love for the game.

If we compare China (1.6 bil population) and Lebanon (4 mil + 12 mil abroad), and we see that both of their BB teams are competing head to head then we can draw the conclusion that the general Lebanese population loves BB a lot more then their Chinese counterpart.

If China loved BB as much as we do, they would be the best team in the world because they have a huge population that allows them to excel in anything if they set their mind to it. (If they loved BB as much as Lithuania then everyone else would stop playing BB )

Comment

Originally posted by sickcurtain_16 View Post
                          Why drag the Philippines here? Besides, we do not have yet naturalized players here. And are we complaining here? We know we lost and if you look at our threads, we don't blame anybody but our selves for our team's lack of proper preparation and program.

And also, one thing more, just for your information in case you don't know. Philippines is in the EAST SIDE of the ASIAN REGION too.

And for the record, the only EAST ASIAN team that beat us on this tournament is KOREA. We beat Chinese Taipei and Japan, fair and square. Ok?

And saying that we would not be good without having a naturalized player, and you might also refer to our players that have half Filipino blood, I hope nobody eats his own words here.JAPAN has JR Sakuragi (but didn't play on this FIBA Asia version due to internal matters) and Korea? Just like the Phils, they have half bred players (mix blood that is).

And yeah, in case you would like to watch, tomorrow, Nonito Donaire and Abe Concepcion will be having their champ match in boxing against a Panaman and a Mexican and Django Bustamante and Efren Bata Reyes will be playing again this years as one of the top seeds on this years World Pool Championship.
                          I Second This!

The Philippines back then, never really had Half-Bred players back in the Peak of Philippine Basketball. and Arent the Philippines the Only Asian Team to have a Medal in the World Championships?

Dito ako Naiinis eh, Kapag Inaasar ang Pilipinas! Team Pilipinas will regain its Pride

Trans: The Philippines will Regain its lost Pride in Basketball in the Not so Distant Future.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacKOEIsle View Post
                            The last time China lost a game in Asian tournament is in 2002...

In the 2010 Asia Games China will definitely lose the Champion unless hiring a much better coach(Guo Shiqiang is a bust even in the Liaoningclub..Fuck you Xin Lancheng for hiring him to be the CNT coach)
                            Guo took this team to the CBA finals with Li Xiao Xu as his rookie. What are you talking about

Comment

C'mon guys can we stop posting threads meant to incite? There are ways to post information and generate intelligent discussion without overtly insulting other countries. Thread closed.

Stuart
                              http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                              http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                              http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information