• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Day 5] Game D/14: Slovenia - Russia

Date: 05.09.2011
    Time: 18:00 local (GMT+3)
    Venue: Klaipeda, LTU

------------------------------------

Game of Group, finnaly good game (no offence to other teams and games) from this group.
    Slovenia
    0%
    Russia
    0%

The poll is expired.

Favourite Clubs:
    KK Krka
    Union Olimpija

Favourite League:
    ABA-NLB
    Euroleague
    NBA

EUROBASKET 2013-SLOVENIJA

slovenia need revenge from WC 2010 i hope for good game
    Favourite Clubs:
    KK Krka
    Union Olimpija

Favourite League:
    ABA-NLB
    Euroleague
    NBA

Comment

The championship for teams begins with this match.

Comment

finally a great game from Group D too. This one could end up with a nailbitting finish...can't wait to tune into russian stream and listen to legendary Gomelskis commentating

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
          finally a great game from Group D too. This one could end up with a nailbitting finish...can't wait to tune into russian stream and listen to legendary Gomelskis commentating
          I love Gomelsky JR.

Comment

Well this game will show us where we really are atm. Lets hope for a good game, and lets hope our shots start falling.
            My homage to The heroes:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12 View Post
              Well this game will show us where we really are atm. Lets hope for a good game, and lets hope our shots start falling.
              +1 I know it's gonna be a tough game and not decided till the last minute. I don't expect nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12 View Post
                Pretty much my first thought.
                I have no idea how to really rank Slovenian performances so far. Same as for Russian ones. Belgium, Bulgaria, Ukraine and Georgia have played their hearts out vs. both teams.
                Along with concious and subconcious underestimation of their opponents it's basicaly impossible to say where exactly both NT's are.

It will be hard to overcome Russian athleticism, so nailing those shots would pretty much be a must in my opinion.
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

looking forward too see how will Zoran Dragic stop Kirilenko
                  Favourite Clubs:
                  KK Krka
                  Union Olimpija

Favourite League:
                  ABA-NLB
                  Euroleague
                  NBA

Comment

i hope slovenija will win and finally take the medal that they deserved it years ago. if croatia sucks i'm for slovenija... and other ex yu republics, except serbia. reading their neswpapers and portals just makes me sick how they enjoy in croatia's loses. more coments on croatian games than on serbian

Comment

This should be first and only good match from this group...
                      sigpic
                      Fresh and interesting news from basketball world

Comment

Zoran Dragić vs. Kirilenko

Man this is gonna be a tough job for Zoran who is however one of the best defensive players allready but lacks experience.

Comment

Zoran and Edo are far from having a reknown name, guarding Kirilenko they'll be getting fast fouls as "big name" protection is very much alive this championship. Just as a warning in order to avoid dissapointment and referee criticism at the end of the game.

Lorbek and Begič are imo the key. Begič will have some tough work against Mozgov, while Lorbek will be the key in offense as well as our last line of defense vs. athletic Russian wings.

I hope for a nice version of pressing Russian guards, Goran and Zoran can do that very effectively with some luck and with the referee criteria alowing some pressure on guards (which relatively wasn't the case so far)
                          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Loosing against Russia won't be so bad after all.

Let me explain:

1. if we lose, Russia will be first in group D,
                            2. let's asume, that standing in second stage - group F will than look like:

Russia
                            Slovenia

because I'm pretty sure that we will beat teams like Macedonia, Greece, Croatia or any other team who will proceed.

3. Finishing on position F2 will give us + 1 day of rest before quarter-final game.

4. Winning quarter-final game will enable us to avoid E1 team in semi-finals, which most probably will be Spain.

Correct me, if I'm wrong...
                            MI LAHKO !

andw77 wrote:

"I really look forward to see Slovenia in Katowice on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. If that is the case, I'll try to wear something green Kto nie skacze, nie Słoweniec, hej hej hej "

Comment

Originally posted by PieR View Post
                              Loosing against Russia won't be so bad after all.

Let me explain:

1. if we lose, Russia will be first in group D,
                              2. let's asume, that standing in second stage - group F will than look like:

Russia
                              Slovenia

because I'm pretty sure that we will beat teams like Macedonia, Greece, Croatia or any other team who will proceed.

3. Finishing on position F2 will give us + 1 day of rest before quarter-final game.

4. Winning quarter-final game will enable us to avoid E1 team in semi-finals, which most probably will be Spain.

Correct me, if I'm wrong...
                              Correct you if you wrong.:
                              Wtf man
                              Your team reached semis at least
                              Pretty sure..
                              1st in IBN 2018-2019
                              2nd in IBN 2016-2017
                              2nd in IBN 2015-2016
                              1st in IBN 2014-2015
                              2nd in IBN 2013-2014
                              2nd in IBN 2012-2013
                              2nd in IBN 2010-2011
                              3nd in IBN 2009-2010
                              1st in IBN 2008-2009
                              2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
                              https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
                              @RankingsSport

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information