Return of the Sydney Kings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the Sydney Kings

For all basketball fans out there who were Sydney Kings fans or just basketball fans in general, this FB group is for you.

You may or may not know or remember, the mighty Sydney Kings were ejected from Australia's National Basketball League after the financial incompentence and poor ownership skills of businessman, Tim Johnstone.

This group is for basketball fans to get behind the fans push to return our much beloved club to the NBL.

We would love all basketball fans to get behind this so that we can see our much beloved club playing again and for future generations to support and love this great club.

Please join this group via the link

We would love to have your support.

Hello,
    I read your comment.Well nice information sharing.That is really such a useful information.And This is the best way to spread out the information.
    Thank you.
    r4i

Comment

I expect new roster faces from the Sydney Kings. Has anyone have links for their line-up? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by LordOfLeyte View Post
        I expect new roster faces from the Sydney Kings. Has anyone have links for their line-up? Thanks in advance.
        Sydney don't have a basketball team in the national competition

Comment

Originally posted by each way View Post
          Sydney don't have a basketball team in the national competition

Yeah, it really sucks that the "real capital" of Australia and the second basketball capital of Australia doesn't have a team. It's like seeing LA without the Lakers

Besides, the Melbourne Tigers, the Sydney Kings has one of the richest history in Australian basketball. I only hope that if they do decide to bring back a team that they buy and use the Sydney Kings brand.
          "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
          -El Padrino

Comment

It is looking very highly likely that the Kings will be back next season.

We are just awaiting an annoucement from the NBL that the Kings will be back next season.

In the meantime, please continue to join the Facebook group in the original post and we now have a website www.sydney-kings.com as well so please visit the website and have a look around the site as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney Pete View Post
              It is looking very highly likely that the Kings will be back next season.

We are just awaiting an annoucement from the NBL that the Kings will be back next season.

In the meantime, please continue to join the Facebook group in the original post and we now have a website www.sydney-kings.com as well so please visit the website and have a look around the site as well.
              Pardon my ignorance, but I'm assuming the new Kings will be under different ownership, correct? Will the franchise be "re-branded" (new uniforms, team colors, logo etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                Pardon my ignorance, but I'm assuming the new Kings will be under different ownership, correct? Will the franchise be "re-branded" (new uniforms, team colors, logo etc.).
                The club will be under new management, mate. I know a few people who have links with the club.

The club's famous Opera House logo will still be there, colours I am assuming will be the same.

The club will still be called the Sydney Kings, mate.

We will find out of our return on the 2nd of March.

Comment

Originally posted by LordOfLeyte View Post
                  As the Kings aren't in the current competition, due to the club going bankrupt as a result of the previous owner's poor handling of the club and it's finances, an official team line-up of the Kings is not available at this time.

However, as the Kings are virtually now guaranteed entrance into the NBL once more, they'll be able to look at and buy players for the team in a few weeks.
                  When they begin that process, myself and Sydney Pete, will keep you all posted in regards to player transfers and basically anything to do with the Kings, so that everyone that lives overseas can stay up-to-date with the NBL and with the Sydney Kings, if they choose to.

When we know, we'll send through a complete line-up after the roster is full.

Comment

Originally posted by Saskibaloia View Post
                    Yeah, it really sucks that the "real capital" of Australia and the second basketball capital of Australia doesn't have a team. It's like seeing LA without the Lakers

Besides, the Melbourne Tigers, the Sydney Kings has one of the richest history in Australian basketball. I only hope that if they do decide to bring back a team that they buy and use the Sydney Kings brand.
                    That's the plan Saski.
                    It'll be the Kings brand that they will end up using, that's virtually assured.
                    But it's about the only thing that is decided.
                    Colours, players, coaches and staff are the next steps once the final confirmation of the Kings re-entrance into the League goes ahead which should happen very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney Pete View Post
                      The club will be under new management, mate. I know a few people who have links with the club.

The club's famous Opera House logo will still be there, colours I am assuming will be the same.

The club will still be called the Sydney Kings, mate.

We will find out of our return on the 2nd of March.
                      Let's hope it's a done deal. The franchise is definitely one of the flagships of the NBL, and it's helpful for the league's health to have a pro team back in Australia's largest market. Their return sounds promising. Thanks for the reply bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                        Let's hope it's a done deal. The franchise is definitely one of the flagships of the NBL, and it's helpful for the league's health to have a pro team back in Australia's largest market. Their return sounds promising. Thanks for the reply bro.
                        It looks like it's certain, mate.

We should find out on the 2nd of March.

Are you a part of the Facebook group or seen our website?

It is http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...6865810&ref=ts

and www.sydney-kings.com

I encourage you all to join our group and our forum.

Cheers

Comment

shocks i never knew the Sydney King are out of the NBL.... they were my second most favourite team besides the Perth Wildcats. The Sydney Coca-Cola Kings they were know during my Uni days, but again during my time the Wildcats led by James Crawford, Andrew Vlahov, Ricky Grace, Scott Fisher dominated the competition year in and year out. Hope to get more updates here mates... and are you guys making the most out of Summer in the East??

Whats the weather like nowadays?? After a years absence ill be heading towards Perth for the easter break.... Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Stallions 87 View Post
                            shocks i never knew the Sydney King are out of the NBL.... they were my second most favourite team besides the Perth Wildcats. The Sydney Coca-Cola Kings they were know during my Uni days, but again during my time the Wildcats led by James Crawford, Andrew Vlahov, Ricky Grace, Scott Fisher dominated the competition year in and year out. Hope to get more updates here mates... and are you guys making the most out of Summer in the East??

Whats the weather like nowadays?? After a years absence ill be heading towards Perth for the easter break.... Cheers!
                            It was definitely a shock to hear the news at the time Stallion, that's for sure.
                            It was basically all due to the incompetence of the owner who at the time went into bankruptcy, and his company faced threats of liquidation.

The Perth Wildcats definitely had a great team during that period as well. It was great to see the guys that you mentioned play week in, week out.

We'll definitely keep you and all other forum members updated with any news that we hear regarding official confirmation, player rumours, player signings and basically anything else to do with the Kings as we hear it or see it on the news.

These days, in Sydney at least, as that's where I reside, the weather is crazy. One minute it's boiling hot, and the next minute is pouring rain.

Comment

Ricky Ricardo.... thanks for the forthcoming updates about the Sydney Kings and NBL developments. What has happened to the former players Steve Carfino, Tim Morrissey and the rest of the bruisers that the Kings had in the lineup during the early 90s?

There was West Sydney aswell right and was it led by Bruce Bolden? Cal Bruttons kid played for Sydney Kings did he?? Alaska PBA import played for Sydney Kings aswell (Roselle Ellis) ... no qualms about getting Rain my friend for the Philippines is all dried up and to think that officially summer shouldnt settle in until sometime March.... the worst of the heat is still to come!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information