Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan and Philippines, which team is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan and Philippines, which team is better?

So far as I know they r pretty similar, small and swift.
    And I dont know anything about them,
    Can anyone come up with a satisfactory answer and reason?

if you are talking about the current national teams of japan and the philippines,... my opinion is that:

Japan Advantages:
    -they are a better shooting team
    -better system and chemistry

Philippines Advantages:
    -they are bigger than Japan,.avg height is 6'4 while Japan is 6'3
    -better individual skills among most of the players

Disadvantages:
    JPN- some players can be a liability defending some of the Filipinos who are good players in isolation plays... they need to play solid team defense and challenge the RP Team to take outside shots and guard the interior because the RP Team tends to like to penetrate,.....
    PHI- in the Jones Cup,..they shown a system of a very exciting type of game..they are fast-paced team but their disadvantage against Japan is their inconsistency in defense specially defending the perimeter. They need to pass the ball better against this team and use their individual skills to the limits by playing a better system...

Result:
    Can be down to the wire... the Japanese team can relax sometimes but they shown more consistency with their system in the Jones Cup,..while the RP Team can be shaky at times but still shown some brilliance at times....

When these 2 teams play in the 1st Round.. this can be the turning point in the positioning in the Group A...

The team that will play better that night with some showers of luck will win...

*it was based only on my opinion... peace guys....

*but historically,.../

The Philippines and Japan had a long way of history in the sport of Basketball...

,.....there are times that Philippines won,.. there are also time that Japan won.,.. so it was very unpredictable....

in the last fixture.. JAPAN defeated the Philippines 87-85....
    AKO ANG SIMULA!!! BABANGON ANG PILIPINAS!!!

Comment

These 2 are evenly matched over the years
      We will see the result on friday

94 asian games - Japan won by a small margin
      98 Jones Cup - Philippines won by an overtime game
      2002 Asian games - Philippines with a late game rally to win by 5
      2007 Jones cup - Japan with come from behind victory by 2
      2009 Jones Cup - Japan with come from behind victory by 2

Comment

Japan - Versatile(good example, the takeuchi twins), good shooters and heart... they never give up.

Philippines - Athletic, quick, and good defense.

RP can defend Jap shooters pretty well (look at the jones CUP, Orimo could not answer Jared Dillinger's defense). RP lacks stamina while the JAPS lungs are like machines.

But in terms on who I'll be supporting..... OF COURSE GO RP TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(anyway,(no offense) does Igarashi and Orimo look gay to you? JUst asking...)

Comment

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
          (anyway,(no offense) does Igarashi and Orimo look gay to you? JUst asking...)
          It's a new gender breed in japan known as "Bishounen" Even the recent J-rockers, J-pop stars, celebrities, masked riders, ultramen and Sentai (Bioman, maskman) have that "effeminate pretty boy" look.

Comment

Originally posted by raichu08 View Post
            It's a new gender breed in japan known as "Bishounen" Even the recent J-rockers, J-pop stars, celebrities, masked riders, ultramen and Sentai (Bioman, maskman) have that "effeminate pretty boy" look.
            oh.... is there an english term for bishounen?lol.... I watch Jap anime and i just heard of that. anyway, I think they look gay

Comment

I wish Dennis Espino is still on the philippine team, So he will be the one that will stop all the japanese shooters!!!! For sure orimo of japan still remeber him very well.... hehehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by ifreet View Post
                So far as I know they r pretty similar, small and swift.
                And I dont know anything about them,
                Can anyone come up with a satisfactory answer and reason?
                Please watch FIBA Asia, and you will have your answer after the game between the philippines and japan is over...
                “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
                - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

=========================================
                  Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

Both have something in common:
                    none of them will be a major factor in this tournament

Comment

^

Really?

Comment

they both showed weakness in the jones cup, yet they both promise surprises in the Asian championship ......

let's wait, watch and analyze starting tomorrow
                        GODSPEED Lebanon!!
                        Vote for your NT in the upcoming Asian Championship

Comment

Originally posted by khalid View Post
                          we'll see in the games tomorrow. I am very surprised at your statement

Comment

Originally posted by raichu08 View Post
                            my ex-gf later developed a fetish for collecting images of handsome anime guys kissing and doing sensual stuff lol.

Comment

Originally posted by khalid View Post
                              Your pretty confident of what your saying huh! Be sure to watch the games tomorrow, and in the succeeding days. I hope that your team will also win, but if not then eat your words....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information